Poll: Which faction should Covenent Allied Races go to? (Assuming they become ARs)

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

Post If they add Covenant Allied Races...

They should be neutral, IMO. If you play as a Venthyr for example who decides to venture into the mortal realm and acquire anima for his/her self, you should pick a faction that you think best meets that goal.

I see a lot of arguments about which side Kyrians etc should take. But it makes more sense to be neutral like Pandaren.

IMO:
    -Nightborne should have been neutral (received aid from both factions)
    -Highmountain should have been neutral (received aid from both factions)
    -Dark Iron should have been neutral (got treated like shit by Alliance for ages)
    -Mechagnomes should have been neutral (received aid from both factions)

Heritage gear could have two different colours depending on faction.

Thoughts?
    Kupo.

3+ Year Old Account
    I agree for the most part. But the general consensus is "no more neutral races." So eh.

They SHOULD be neutral (both sides help them) but the setup is there for them to be faction oriented. From their general color schemes (Kyrians and Night Fae are blue, Venthyr are red) to the lore figures in each zone (Kyrians and Night Fae Alliance, Venthyr Horde) that would likely tie them to a specific faction.

However, if 10.0 adds optional neutrality through PVE cooperation, I can see them saying "it doesn't matter" that they're faction specific because they can just hang out with the opposite faction anyway.

And also most players would complain if blue humanoid angels were on Horde. Don't pretend otherwise. It's mostly just Alliance players who want Venthyr and skeletons because they've got shitall for monster races lately.
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2020-06-02 at 05:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who is not opposed to adding more AR, I hope they don't add any from the Shadowlands.

These are races and creatures from an extra plane of existence that deal with problems on a cosmic scale. What possible reason could any of them have to throw in with we puny mortals and our pathetic on-again/off-again war?
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    As someone who is not opposed to adding more AR, I hope they don't add any from the Shadowlands.

These are races and creatures from an extra plane of existence that deal with problems on a cosmic scale. What possible reason could any of them have to throw in with we puny mortals and our pathetic on-again/off-again war?
    Who cares? The devs have officially stated they don't care about lore with the new customization options, so you shouldn't expect them to care about that when adding new races moving forward.

Also this is unrelated to the topic at hand.

Yes, they should be neutral, but they won't be because Blizzard has an arbitrary hate for neutral races.

It'll be: Pretty races Alliance, spooky races Horde. How novel.

I agree. I've been arguing from the beginning that they will and should be neutral. Like, their own factions. They have faction-like crests, not really race-like crests. which are generally more detailed and complex.
    Last edited by Hugnomo; 2020-06-02 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post

Pretty much this, but could see a few individuals wanting to do something different and join the factions for the luls....but as you said, they would really have no vested interest in the faction war and sure as hell wouldn't have any good reason to answer to the whims and wishes of a mortal leader.

Fuck races, we need more classes

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Pretty much this, but could see a few individuals wanting to do something different and join the factions for the luls....but as you said, they would really have no vested interest in the faction war and sure as hell wouldn't have any good reason to answer to the whims and wishes of a mortal leader.
    You do know Blizzard already confirmed that these ancient and immortal races are going to have their ancient and immortal societies changed by mortals right?

You can read it for yourself in the recent Bastion interviews. The ways of the Kyrians, ancient beings beyond time and space, are going to be changed by murderhobos.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    And preferably not of the melee variety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Why didn't you say that lightforged should be neutral? Why void elves shouldn't?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    yeah, no. already too many classes.

Easy, Kyrian and Night Fae go Alliance, Necrolord and Venthyr go Horde.

The main characters of each zone are Uther and Tyrande, Draka and Kael. It's painfully obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    You do know Blizzard already confirmed that these ancient and immortal races are going to have their ancient and immortal societies changed by mortals right?

You can read it for yourself in the recent Bastion interviews. The ways of the Kyrians, ancient beings beyond time and space, are going to be changed by murderhobos.
    OK? Not sure how that means the race as a whole will now want to throw their lot in with a mortal race and start taking orders from a mortal faction leader and take part in an insignificant faction war when they have other more cosmically important things to do.

I hope they do not bring more allied races.
    what is needed here are new hero classes that there are still many of warcraft that we do not have yet

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    OK? Not sure how that means the race as a whole will now want to throw their lot in with a mortal race and start taking orders from a mortal faction leader and take part in an insignificant faction war when they have other more cosmically important things to do.
    What insignificant faction war? Factions existing =/= faction war.

They should be neutral (or better yet not be allied races at all) since they have absolutely no stake what-so-ever in our shitty little wars that don't make a lick of sense. I full well expect them to be faction locked though, for extra baseball-bat-to-the-nuts lore flavor. I can't wait for my paladin's Kyrian allies to issue that KoS order and try to backstab him because he is horde.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Nah, for the most part those races were only helped by both factions for gameplay purposes and the lore was contrived. It would be like saying the wardens should be neutral.
    Nightborn could have been neutral since they were kind of a lynchpin and their horde lore has been atrocious (mostly due to bfas story being villiany for the sake of villiany)
    Mechagnomes are pure alliance, moria was already kind of alliance with the council.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how they can assign factions to them when our characters can willingly choose any covenant.

And before people bring up Legion, those were races (Void Elf aside) that had a prior lore connection to an existing aligned race. These are beings from another plane of existence with no concept of Horde or Alliance until we showed up.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)