10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Obviously you have spent very little time around men, people who play sports, or gamers of any kind, because they use military jargon all the time.
    MMO Champion is not a gay dating site...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    (whataboutism)
    Not a defense.

In other news: NC has said the GOP should prepare for a scaled-down convention. They're not budging on the whole "people have to be safe" bit.

Well, the GOP has a decision to make.
    1) Adhere to Trump's rules, and insist on packed, maskless crowds on a new venue, or
    2) Adhere to NC's rules, and let Trump give a speech in front of empty seats.

Obviously you have spent very little time around men, people who play sports, or gamers of any kind, because they use military jargon all the time.
    I used to hang around with jocks an yeah, they use that kind of talk. It's dumb.
    I'm a guy, and I hang around with men all the time. Including a lot of current and former members of our military branches. Do you know what they don't do? Constantly sling military jargon. Know why? Because they know it's not appropriate for a bunch of guys hanging around shooting the shit over drinks or gaming.
    I work in the games industry, including on some military-style games, and while military language may be in our official copy for materials, that's not how we talk. That's also not how we talk when playing these games, unless we're getting some ultra tryhards or the silly troll guy that makes videos of him taking military games with life-or-death seriousness.

As I said, football players call games battles, does that make it a battle?
    Football players are not the Secretary of Defense.

I am sorry that you live in a bubble where people speak the queen's english, but most people know that he does not mean we are at war.
    You must not be listening to Trump, then. And regardless, it's inappropriate language given the subject, context, and audience.

You can keep comparing officials elected or appointed to some of the highest offices in the land with fucking professional sports players if you want. But I guess that's where we differ, I understand that different positions within society carry different weights and responsibilities and that say, a member of Congress going on a racist rant at a town hall isn't the same as Jilly Jim Bob Joe going on a racist rant on Gab while livestreaming from the drivers seat of his 67 Chevy.

So I've heard Trump has retreatet to some sort of saferoom or personal bunker due to the protests? As a German I can tell from our own history that the Führer hiding in his bunker isn't exactly a sign of things going to swell for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    That's nice, now do Trump ordering protesters shot at and gassed to clear them away from a church so he could hold a bible upside down for a photo op.
    Even the Washington Examiner, which is pretty damn Conservative, called bullshit on that whole farce:
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...-paths-for-him

Only the cringy ones trying to compensate their inferiority complex.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Only the cringy ones trying to compensate their inferiority complex.
    This is a gaming site... saying people here don’t spend enough time with gamers, is ludicrous...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Obviously you have spent very little time around men, people who play sports, or gamers of any kind, because they use military jargon all the time. As I said, football players call games battles, does that make it a battle? They are football players, not soldiers. But they use euphemisms. Gamers use military jargon because of shooter games. I am sorry that you live in a bubble where people speak the queen's english, but most people know that he does not mean we are at war. Most people who live outside that democrat bubble.
    I've been a Gamer my entire life, I use Jargon when I'm talking to other gamers. When I'm talking to people that I don't know if they are gamers or not, or when I'm at work ect ect. I don't use gamer jargon I use my regular words because being a gamer doesn't make me forget them. WHich you're acting like that's what happens.
    Yes someone can mistakenly use jargon, but its not some widespread "Oh they use jargon all the time because of X as it made them forget how to speak in a regular manner to people that aren't part of X!"

10+ Year Old Account
    So I've heard Trump has retreatet to some sort of saferoom or personal bunker due to the protests? As a German I can tell from our own history that the Führer hiding in his bunker isn't exactly a sign of things going to swell for him.
    You, my good doctor, have made me smile today. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    President Bunker Boy emerged from the fuhrerbunker only long enough to pose in front of a church with an upside down bible after having police drive demonstrators away with tear gas.

So...we're not quite at "the Fuhrer descends to the bunker for the last time" yet.

Oh my goooood is it gonna be like a situation where Mexico and Canada are racing each other to capture DC and then like fifty years of proxy warfare between the two as they try to establish competing spheres of influence?

I gotta write this alt-history fic...
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was the guy who said he would run into a school shooting unarmed.

Sometimes I sincerely hope these pathetic Trump defenders sprain their spines bending over backwards to justify his insane bullshit. Good fucking grief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The best is yet to come for black Americans, everything is a-ok. Dunno what you're all complaining for!
    How can he still claim lowest unemployment?

10+ Year Old Account
    Former NFL Head Coach Marty Schottenheimer had a tendency to use military phrases referring to football, and when he did, he would apologize because its totally inappropriate. I understand the background he and others come from to use that sort of language thoughtlessly, but he knew it wasn't the right thing to do, and so do most of the rest of us. Only "what he meant was" mansplaining sycophants seem to have difficulty grasping how out of place it is in everyday conversation.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The best is yet to come for black Americans, everything is a-ok.
    Hmm. Lowest unemployment. Going to need an asterisk on that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    They figure once they kill enough of the protesters, the unemployment numbers will be lower.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

I hate this guy compares himself to Lincoln, who was a liberal, a mailman, a postmaster, and supported mail in voting. He is the antithesis of Lincoln. The whole republican party is.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Obama brought it way, way, way down. Then Trump brought it a tiny bit further, very briefly, therefore he is solely responsible for the lowest Black unemployment ever. Winning!

5+ Year Old Account
    We went from 8 years growth to less then 4 years of free fall and it basically wiping out those 8 years.

It is almost surreal.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Obama brought it way, way, way down. Then Trump brought it a tiny bit further, very briefly, therefore he is solely responsible for the lowest Black unemployment ever. Winning!
    I mean winning everything except the black vote. Oddly enough, it turns out that most of them don't like him for some strange reason. Like 90% of them seem to hate his guts.