10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    I was just waiting for THAT racist BS to show up...

10+ Year Old Account
    And you had the gall to suggest I was putting words in your mouth. Hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Peaceful protest was tried. Kaepernick got blackballed for it, and you did and said nothing. We did warn you of the risks of inaction.
    You need masses for peaceful protests. Having few hundred people don't do shit. Having half of the population of your country most likely will. Now if all else fails? Well, you tried, you tried peace, I guess pitchforks it is. That's why oppressive governments are kicked out. Now maybe this is that time? But is it? Not really, when was the last time masses got together like now, peacefully?
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    You need masses for peaceful protests. Having few hundred people don't do shit. Having half of the population of your country most likely will. Now if all else fails? Well, you tried, you tried peace, I guess pitchforks it is. That's why oppressive governments are kicked out. Now maybe this is that time? But is it? Not really, when was the last time masses got together like now, peacefully?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Women%27s_March

Nothing changed, mister "All Lives Matter".

Also, please shove off with this "why can't you protest peacefully" nonsense. It's Pride month, and Stonewall wasn't a fucking garden party.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    We had mass peaceful protesting after Botham jean was murdered by a cop, but outside of a commission that never really got anywhere, nothing has changed because the Dallas PD is still rotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    No, I'm not.

After seeing everything going on for the past week, how law enforcement departments across America have reacted?

Fuck the police. The jury has found them guilty of being white bread, redneck, chicken shit motherfuckers.
    Not all white cops who do shit in these events though here is a black cop knocking out a black woman while the other 2 white officers show restrain while getting hit.

Good looking cover for the partner there lol.

https://www.reddit.com/r/holdmyfeedi...i_get_clocked/

Btw that hold my feeding tube sub have quite alot of clips from recent events, that name though hold my feeding tub hehe beats hold my coffin that got banned.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump demanded NFL players be fired for kneeling to the flag. If a rich black man can get black balled by the President, for kneeling to the flag. What chance do normal people have? Unlike Kap, we would be fired and forgotten...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Tbf I didn't read the wiki, just looked at the images But still, why is it wrong to suggest that? People get oppressed in other countries for different reasons. Political views, religious beliefs, color, gender, sexuality. That is my thinking for posting that (not trying to backpedal on that post, outside of linking that).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We had mass peaceful protesting after Botham jean was murdered by a cop, but outside of a commission that never really got anywhere, nothing has changed because the Dallas PD is still rotten.
    Yeah lets keep robbing stores, stealing shit. Good idea!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Do you get politically offended at “women and children first”? Do you pull the Castanza, pushing women and children aside, as you scream... All lives matter... ?
    Nope. Doesn't cross my mind.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Not all white cops who do shit in these events though here is a black cop knocking out a black woman while the other 2 white officers show restrain while getting hit.

Good looking cover for the partner there lol.

https://www.reddit.com/r/holdmyfeedi...i_get_clocked/

Btw that hold my feeding tube sub have quite alot of clips from recent events, that name though hold my feeding tub hehe beats hold my coffin that got banned.
    Which is why people say ACAB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbf I didn't read the wiki, just looked at the images But still, why is it wrong to suggest that? People get oppressed in other countries for different reasons. Political views, religious beliefs, color, gender, sexuality. That is my thinking for posting that (not trying to backpedal on that post, outside of linking that).
    The message behind BLM is "african-americans are systematically targeted by the system" - if you reply to that with All Life matters you're saying everyone is targeted by this oppressive system and there is no racial bias. And that in itself is racist.

Edited for clarity.
    Last edited by Pannonian; 2020-06-02 at 07:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbf I didn't read the wiki, just looked at the images But still, why is it wrong to suggest that? People get oppressed in other countries for different reasons. Political views, religious beliefs, color, gender, sexuality. That is my thinking for posting that (not trying to backpedal on that post, outside of linking that)
    Educate yourself.

Why You Need to Stop Saying "All Lives Matter"

Let me be clear: stating that black lives matter doesn’t insinuate that other lives don’t.

As someone who is constantly bombarded with the howling of “but all lives matter”—and the heated conversations that inevitably follow—let me explain. Black Lives Matter is not a term of confrontation or an exclusionary demand. As Columbia Law Professor Kimberle Crenshaw explains, saying black lives matter “is simply aspirational;” it's a rallying cry for a shift in statistical numbers that show that people who are black are twice as likely to be killed by a police officer while unarmed, compared to a white individual. According to a 2015 study, African-Americans died at the hands of police at a rate of 7.2 per million, while whites were killed at a rate of 2.9 per million.

Anyone who has kept any type of pulse on civil rights and the black human condition in the United States since the transatlantic slave trade would understand the need to emphasize the protection of black bodies. The people who have had the luxury of ignoring this particular issue is the white community, which has had the privilege of not questioning—on a large scale—whether the systems they live in are detrimental to their livelihoods, based on their skin color.

But as the Black Lives Matter movement emerged, they were all of a sudden jolted into an awareness of the intersection of race and surviving police encounters. Instead of exploring the reasons why a movement like this would even be necessary, many have a knee jerk reaction. “What about me?” “All lives matter,” they cry. “Why be divisive and unfair, what about our safety?” The point these people miss is that the majority of experiences here in America already tend to center and highlight whiteness and cater to its safety. The country was built to function that way. Its roots of white supremacy and the marginalized concern for people of color has remained.

But let's get back to the issue of countering Black Lives Matter with the phrase “All Lives Matter.” I've come to describe this as a collective gaslighting from the white community. Gaslighting is a tactic in which a person or entity, in order to gain more power (or in this case, keep their own peace), makes a victim question their reality. Why do those who counter black lives matter act as though black people aren't aware of the glaring disproportionate statistics of police brutality, of health care racism, and of mass incarceration? This is our reality. You deciding to ignore it for your own comfort doesn't make it any less true.

If a patient being rushed to the ER after an accident were to point to their mangled leg and say, “This is what matters right now,” and the doctor saw the scrapes and bruises of other areas and countered, “but all of you matters,” wouldn’t there be a question as to why he doesn't show urgency in aiding that what is most at risk? At a community fundraiser for a decaying local library, you would never see a mob of people from the next city over show up angry and offended yelling, “All libraries matter!”—especially when theirs is already well-funded.

This is because there is a fundamental understanding that when the parts of society with the most pain and lack of protection are cared for, the whole system benefits. For some reason, the community of white America would rather adjust the blinders they’ve set against racism, instead of confront it, so that the country can move forward toward a true nation of justice for all.

I mena, this entire post is just one big "plausible deniability" post, looking for reasons why Trump is not responsible at all. Its why I call you authoritarian, because you're looking for any reason to deny any responsibility.

and the cops should be held to a higher standard. If they cant determine the protesters form the looters, DO NOT SHOOT THEM.
    That is still a false accusation. I go by what the law says and how the government heiracrchy is set up. I choose to put the blame on the people who are actually making the orders, not a guy I hate so I can fuel my own hate. The law says that the State and Local governments are in charge of State and local police. It foes on to say that State and Local governments have jurisdiction over their territories unless borders have been crossed. That means the police forces in every City are under the command of the Governor of the State they reside in and the Mayor of the City they reside in.The President of the United States holds absolutely ZERO power over state and local law enforcement and also does not have the power of superceding the State and Local governments unless he invokes Marshal Law. And last I checked, he has not done that. You chose to ignore all that and jump straight to "It's all Trumps fault because I hate Trump" So, no he did not order any gassings or any flashbangs. The local DC authorities in charge of security did.

And it is easy for you to say "don't shoot them" sitting from the comforts behind your computer screen. It's far harder to do when on ample amounts of adrenaline, people all over the police, rioter srunning in and out of the crowds, and having to make decisions in split seconds.

Invoking MLK and "nonviolence" as a cudgel against protesters to protect the status quo is some countless number of levels of disgusting. "[W]hen violent state actors preemptively call for nonviolence to manipulate protesters to comply without addressing their grievance, nonviolence is another way to muzzle the voiceless."

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...torted/557021/

Also, here's some white people correcting Martin Luther King III as to what his father really meant and what he would have really wanted. No, really:

https://twitter.com/harikondabolu/st...70082903261185
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Also, here's some white people correcting Martin Luther King III as to what his father really meant and what he would have really wanted. No, really:

https://twitter.com/harikondabolu/st...70082903261185
    Ugh. The caucasity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it implies that saying something as benign as Black Lives Mater, requires a response. It’s like saying All Lives Mater, for someone to bring up murderers and rapists. It shows a strange disdain for something that at worst should get... “Sure...“

Yeah lets keep robbing stores, stealing shit. Good idea!
    Yeah, who could have thought there will be opportunist during protests.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Racist? Actually the true racism is saying lives of only one race matter. That means you are racist towards every race that isn't that one.

Because it misses the entire fucking point.

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/cultur...ter-explained/

If a patient being rushed to the ER after an accident were to point to their mangled leg and say, “This is what matters right now,” and the doctor saw the scrapes and bruises of other areas and countered, “but all of you matters,” wouldn’t there be a question as to why he doesn't show urgency in aiding that what is most at risk? At a community fundraiser for a decaying local library, you would never see a mob of people from the next city over show up angry and offended yelling, “All libraries matter!”—especially when theirs is already well-funded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Indara View Post
    How is that even racist?
    In context to BLM, it is without a doubt:

The message behind BLM is "african-americans are systematically targeted by the system" - if you reply to that with All Life matters you're saying everyone is targeted by this oppressive system and there is no racial bias. And that in itself is racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    What use are good cops if they wont tell, or enforce the law, on bad cops? What use are good cops when they get forced out by the bad cops and the union protesting those bad cops?
    That is the system, not the individuals.

treating every cop as a potential bad cop is a sane strategy.
    I disagree with that. Is it an attempt to make the good cops not wanting to be labelled as bad so they try and force change within?
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. All lives matter. But saying it in response to Black Lives Matter is like seeing a house on fire, but you saying all houses matter. Yes, all houses matter, but this one is on fire right now and needs the attention.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.