Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    Blood elves are our high elves. In fact, they are our main high elven society in the WoW universe. Sorry that this fact upsets you?

Whether void elves are former blood elves or high elves doesn't really matter. The point I was making was that not even 2 weeks ago several posters in this thread argued against things that they now are backing.

So far as the high elf race goes, there are three variants of the race being represented in game (blood elves, void elves, high elves), with blood elves being the main representation of the high elf race in WoW. Hence, blood elves are our high elves. It's quite simple.
    Nice headcanon.

No, it does not upset me, but it must trigger you that what you say is not true, and all the thalassian elves are in fact High Elves. It triggers you so much that you put a non canon citation in your sig just to try to make people who actually know the story to feel bad. It's just embarrassing.

High Elf fans turn even more disgusting with every thing Blizzard gives to them. You already got so much, shut up and enjoy you rip-offs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

void elves with blood/high elf skin color is happening, blood/high elves changing to become void elf is happening, thats excellent, but lets not pretend they are just high elves with shadow-priest like powers, and asking the entirety of blood elves thing, like paladins, their hairstyle and changing their racials is completely nonsensical.
    But they are. We will just play the second generation of void elves aka Silvermoon and exiled elves mastering the void.
    Btw I'm not asking any blood elf customizations. I will happily play my blue haired, fair skinned High elf.

Let the Horde keep their blond blood elves.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Now as we have high elves in the Alliance, can blood elves finally stop being light elves?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    But they are. We will just play the second generation of void elves aka Silvermoon and exiled elves mastering the void.
    Btw I'm not asking any blood elf customizations. I will happily play my blue haired, fair skinned High elf.

Let the Horde keep their blond blood elves.
    Agreed, I'm ok not having blonde as a color (I just don't see an issue if it happens as well). blue/black/white/silver hair color options are what I'm hopeful for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Agreed, I'm ok not having blonde as a color (I just don't see an issue if it happens as well). blue/black/white/silver hair color options are what I'm hopeful for.
    White haired high elf would be glorious
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Now as we have high elves in the Alliance, can blood elves finally stop being light elves?
    Blood Elves having golden eyes is basically the only meaningful, unique lore they have left. It's the story of their liberation from Fel corruption and return to grace.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Blood Elves having golden eyes is basically the only meaningful, unique lore they have left. It's the story of their liberation from Fel corruption and return to grace.
    It is not unique, as Alliance has two races completely based on Light. Moreover, blood elves needed no liberation from any corruption and Alliance's grace is meaningless.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

5+ Year Old Account
    Yes please, I can't wait for the Blood elves to loose the Sunwell again so they go back at not being boring normie copypasta fantasy elfy elves and bring life to the concept of Blood elves that existed in TbC again.

It was just better, but Blizzard simply has a weird fetish with 'redemption' stories...

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    Yes please, I can't wait for the Blood elves to loose the Sunwell again so they go back at not being boring normie copypasta fantasy elfy elves and bring life to the concept of Blood elves that existed in TbC again.

It was just better, but Blizzard simply has a weird fetish with 'redemption' stories...
    They think redemptions are the only way to make an edgy character. Their attitude is "kill someone and confess to a priest".

3+ Year Old Account

It is not unique, as Alliance has two races completely based on Light. Moreover, blood elves needed no liberation from any corruption and Alliance's grace is meaningless.
    True. The Blood Elves were still true to themselves when they were still magic junkies, it gave them the Horde's true character: edgy outcast with morally grey theme
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    True. The Blood Elves were still true to themselves when they were still magic junkies, it gave them the Horde's true character: edgy outcast with morally grey theme
    I think BC era blood elves were closer to original highborne and Anasterian's Quel'thalas than this new abomination with Lightwell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood elves were sooo interesting back in TBC until that shitty redemption story.

Now they have only become long eared humans absolutely loving the Horde for no reasons.

I really miss them. It seems Void elves replaced them.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You do know that the sole reason pro-high-elf supporters have been giving those suggestions, was to try to appease the anti-high-elfers who would constantly harp on this "you just want the blood elf model" nonsense.
    Something the antis seem to forget about very often.

Honestly I feel most of the reason for those who are upset or harping on 'MuH bLoOd elF UNiqUeness' is because the suggestions people made for Alliance High Elves were probably wanted by them for Blood Elves and Blood Elves only. So they could keep memeing the 'blood elves are high elves'/'horde is waiting for you' phrases.

Also I and others did keep saying that the request was maintaining its momentum because anti-s couldn't help but keep trying to argue against it.

The same thing occurred when people organized to make Artifact Weapon cosmetic unlocks stay permanent whereas Blizzard initially was going to lock ALL the looks of em away. Threads upon threads fighting for the unlocks to stay were had, with a consistent group of dissenters.

Then Blizzard made a GOOD compromise by limiting only the Mage Tower skins.

Same thing in essence happened here, arguing for High Elves in an organized fashion with a consistent group of dissenters and Blizzard giving a GOOD compromise (not ideal) with blue eyes to both and human skin tones (or high elf I should say ) to Void Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Something the antis seem to forget about very often.

Honestly I feel most of the reason for those who are upset or harping on 'MuH bLoOd elF UNiqUeness' is because the suggestions people made for Alliance High Elves were probably wanted by them for Blood Elves and Blood Elves only. So they could keep memeing the 'blood elves are high elves'/'horde is waiting for you' phrases.

Also I and others did keep saying that the request was maintaining its momentum because anti-s couldn't help but keep trying to argue against it.

The same thing occurred when people organized to make Artifact Weapon cosmetic unlocks stay permanent whereas Blizzard initially was going to lock ALL the looks of em away. Threads upon threads fighting for the unlocks to stay were had, with a consistent group of dissenters.

Then Blizzard made a GOOD compromise by limiting only the Mage Tower skins.

Same thing in essence happened here, arguing for High Elves in an organized fashion with a consistent group of dissenters and Blizzard giving a GOOD compromise (not ideal) with blue eyes to both and human skin tones (or high elf I should say ) to Void Elves.
    One of the things that I tried to suggest way back in 2018 was to give void elves "somewhat normal skins". Even made a few mockups:

The answer I was given is that it intruded too much into blood elf aesthetics.

Now we got actual blood elf skins. Of all tones.
    In a way, by being too stubborn to make concessions, they ended up with a situation that they "lost" even more. But hey, they got blue eyes, wasn't that what they wanted?
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Broflake View Post
    Essentially.
    I guess nightborne will soon get a night elf model.
    As a nightborne I'd want slinted eyes, more hair/jewelry styles, and removed chin plate on the female heritage armor. If I wanted to push it, additional Suramar npc-themed clothing sets available from the nightfallen reputation vendor and an option to look slightly withered like Thalyssra pre-magic fruit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    One of the things that I tried to suggest way back in 2018 was to give void elves "somewhat normal skins". Even made a few mockups:

The answer I was given is that it intruded too much into blood elf aesthetics.

Now we got actual blood elf skins. Of all tones.
    In a way, by being too stubborn to make concessions, they ended up with a situation that they "lost" even more. But hey, they got blue eyes, wasn't that what they wanted?
    I actually like those mockups of slightly tinted skin more than the ones with the voidy arms and legs. Great work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    Well congratulations upon stealing our looks. I am glad you’re so happy with it, but can’t see why I’m upset about it.
    "Beautiful, Nordic looking elves should be Horde only." Did I guess correctly?

7+ Year Old Account

I want Blood Elves to become a race that values 'vengeance' again (Things you hear when you click on NPCs) and not being the 'nice guys'. They're not evil, you won't see them willingly go start wars as they just want to protect their own people - but if you mess with them? They'll send a Blood Knight at you: https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets...jpg?1503115893

Never forget that the "True Masters of the Light" burnt down the chapel where the Silver Hand was formed, even if Blizzard seem to have forgotten that part!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Oh yeah silly me, void elves women have two hairstyle options that I always get confused. I see now.
    No worries. I made the exact same mistake.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    No, but they joined the Horde, and were just as much a "never an iconic race" of the Horde, only showing up here and there to help, just like the high elves.
    but the high elves joined the horde in tbc, under another name

you entirely moved goalposts about HE being a iconic race of the alliance in the majority of wow to say they were not iconic but should be a thing anyway

No, that's false.
    since most of the spammers died out when they announced the skin colors, and now others are demanding the entirety of the blood elf options, it is very safe to assume isn't false.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    they are not high elves just using the void, they are blood/high elves mutaded by the void, it is the base of the entire race and how they got different racials, a different racial set in stone as a fact that they are not the same race anymore

maybe not you, but there is topics asking exactly that, a lot of people is asking, all blood elf customization plus their classes like paladin, and lore be dammed, and im saying that is a bit too much, and they should at least keep a minimum amount of difference and uniqueness especially when blood elves aren't getting nothing from void elves in this exchange