Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    So...
    What does exactly 'veteran player' mean?
    If i missed most of Legion and whole BFA and now want to check Torghast (i am huuuuge Binding of Isaac fan and dungeon crawlers in general) i have to level through it anyway?
    No, thanks then.
    I'm not 100% sure but if "veteran player" means 'have a 120 prior to shadowlands' then you'll be a veteran if you buy Heroic SL upgrade on the Blizzard store since you get a free 120.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2020-06-02 at 06:21 PM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by davidcryix View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely a concern, but they will have to tune each expansion individually in terms of quest xp and whatnot anyway since the # of zones and density changes pretty dramatically from BFA to say...BC. or even azeroth. there are probably 4 times the number of zones as any expansion but you still have to end up hitting 50 so they'll have to figure out something.

The nice thing is - as it is now with the level scaling - you will be free to move about zones so if you want to see Blades Edge and Netherstorm, just skip some of the nonsense quests in nagrand and zangermarsh and whatnot and move on.

What I am really hoping for is that they retrofit the new "main quest" icons to old content so that you can actually tell which quests in Hellfire are necessary to progress and which arent.
    I know this might not be a popular thing, but i really hope, that they make each expansion take the amount of time, that matches for each of their zones. TBC will be designed for all zones except 1-2, BFA will be for all 3 zones + war front unlocks and so on. It will make some expansions take longer than others, but i don't really think it matters. If you want to go quick, you can just do BFA and rush it. If you want to enjoy an expansion and see what it has, you proberly won't mind, that it takes 30-50% more time

While scaling is good, it still feels wierd having to "skip" zones, when you have already choosen a specific expansion to play. Its good, if you won't have to 100% all the zones, but i would like if i could 80-90% of a zone, without having to fear skipping a zone.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    K bye. The game was never meant for you then.
    Oh... what a nice response....
    Instead being rude you could carefully read what i have wrote - i do not play retail since 1st Legion patch but some things in Shadowlands looks promising.

Why not just remove levels all together? Give all the spells and such to the player off the bat with better versions of them coming as you progress through the story and get better gear?
    I just do not want to play xpack i do not lke.
    I skipped it for some reason, right?

I'll be less of a jerk than the other guy about it.
    Thank you.

Yes, you will have to level up to 50 before doing shadowlands and they will make you do i through BFA content (which is actually pretty good for leveling so give it an honest chance). That said, if you buy shadowlands now, you can get a 120 boost and skip all that.
    Well, that sucks for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I'm not 100% sure but if "veteran player" means 'have a 120 prior to shadowlands' then you'll be a veteran if you buy Heroic SL upgrade on the Blizzard store since you get a free 120.
    I really hoped for this:
    New player - someone who started after Shadowlands prepatch
    Veteran player - anyone else
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2020-06-02 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Yes, don’t know ally side but horde side Zandalar and voldun are really nice place to level in if you follow the storyline.
    Drustvar is very good for Alliance.

I'm not keen on Stormsong. I like Taelia, but the tidesages are just annoying.

Tiragarde Sound is half a good zone. It just seems to end halfway through the zone though, and leave you with a bunch of odd and ends to finish it.

So...
    If i missed most of Legion and whole BFA and now want to check Torghast (i am huuuuge Binding of Isaac fan and dungeon crawlers in general) i have to level through it anyway?
    No, thanks then.
    I think that's what the level boost is for.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    There are bar fill bonus objectives in WoD but they aren't annoying as shit like the ones in Legion and BFA because the bar fills quickly vs 2% per mob 5% per interactive thing on the ground in BFA.
    They also give considerably higher xp %s then those in Legion and BfA. The ones in legion and bfa really aren't worth doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    I know this might not be a popular thing, but i really hope, that they make each expansion take the amount of time, that matches for each of their zones.
    I would agree with this. I am currently leveling a lighforged through BC zones and with the buff and heirlooms, even starting at 58 i did hellfire and immediately went to netherstorm because i was already 70. im on track to hit 80 before i even finish that zone. No dungeons.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would agree with this. I am currently leveling a lighforged through BC zones and with the buff and heirlooms, even starting at 58 i did hellfire and immediately went to netherstorm because i was already 70. im on track to hit 80 before i even finish that zone. No dungeons.
    See, i get that if they keep heirlooms/xp buff, that you might quickly finish your leveling expansion, because you are seeking a speed-up experience, but i would love that you could also do the opposite, without having to do wierd "turn off" exp things.

I think we have come to a point in WoW history, where it is okay to have a fast AND slow leveling track, that each gives a somewhat unique experience. It is cool to just rush through leveling, when you really want to try a new spec for max lvl, but sometimes it is also just really fun to play some old content, with a half maxed character and do some quests for some exp
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Ohh please yes.

I fear so much, that they will make the leveling experience so fast, that you can't even get to enjoy a single expansion O.o No point in choosing Outland, if im already done when i hit Nagrand :/
    yep, I hear you there. I like taking my time through Kalimdor. never gets old for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Drustvar is very good for Alliance.

I'm not keen on Stormsong. I like Taelia, but the tidesages are just annoying.

Tiragarde Sound is half a good zone. It just seems to end halfway through the zone though, and leave you with a bunch of odd and ends to finish it.
    The Stormsong storyline is all over the place. Tidesages/cultists, naga, quillboars, Horde invasion. Wat?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh... what a nice response....
    Instead being rude you could carefully read what i have wrote - i do not play retail since 1st Legion patch but some things in Shadowlands looks promising.

I just do not want to play xpack i do not lke.
    I skipped it for some reason, right?
    How can you not like them if you haven't ever played them? Besides wow is a huge story that bridges many expansions. To skip one because you don't like it would be like skipping a chapter in a book because for some inexplicable reason you don't like it. It just don't make sense. Oh and i'm not being a jerk, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RyusekiV2 View Post
    "The team is still listening to feedback on how to handle flying moving forward."
    Oh are they? Are they really? We all know we're just going to get another pathfinder a year into the expansion.
    listening to feed back is code for "we already know the answer but if we tell you it may reduce our first day sales"

I don't know why Blizzard keeps reinventing leveling without solving the issue itself. Instead of this scaling fuckery they should've given an option to simply lower your level down to whatever zone you are in. Make rewards scale to your real level, add new world quests to old zones to populate them. This would have been robust content system without all of effort going towards reinventing the wheel for umpteenth time.

So...
    No, thanks then.
    You are exactly the type of player that nobody wants or needs.
    Good riddance.

How can you not like them if you haven't ever played them?
    I do not need to watch X movie to know i will not like it.
    I do not need to be in X city to know i am not interested visiting it.
    I do not need to play X xpack to know it is not for me.

Besides wow is a huge story that bridges many expansions.
    I probably know more lore than most of retail players.
    I do not play it but read books and watch tons of stuff about WoW.

To skip one because you don't like it would be like skipping a chapter in a book because for some inexplicable reason you don't like it. It just don't make sense.
    Horrible and nonsense analogy.

Oh and i'm not being a jerk, thanks.
    Well, it was not even me who said you are 'jerk' but i know what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Fartoo View Post
    You are exactly the type of player that nobody wants or needs.
    Good riddance.
    Another very friendly response.
    Zero explanation whats wrong with it or answering simple question.
    Using generalities like 'everybody knows that' or 'nobody wants that' without single argument.
    Just bashing for no reason.
    Oh well...

Another very friendly response.
    Zero explanation whats wrong with it or answering simple question.
    Using generalities like 'everybody knows that' or 'nobody wants that' without single argument.
    Just bashing for no reason.
    Oh well...
    I just didn't want to waste any time on you, but I'll bite.

Want to know why I think you're the worst kind of player ? Because you're not an active player, you've said yourself that you haven't been playing for the past 3-4 years and yet you're bashing it without actually spending any time playing it.
    Another reason why you're, in my opinion, the worst kind of player, is because you want the game changed or certain mechanics remade, simply because you want to play ONE part of the game, which you'll probably quit again in a month or two.

So as I said, good riddance, it's a win-win, you don't play the game that you don't like, and we don't get a whiner in our midst that wont shut his mouth about how stupid and bad the game is.

I just didn't want to waste any time on you, but I'll bite.
    Sounds scary.

Want to know why I think you're the worst kind of player ? Because you're not an active player, you've said yourself that you haven't been playing for the past 3-4 years and yet you're bashing it without actually spending any time playing it.
    Another reason why you're, in my opinion, the worst kind of player, is because you want the game changed or certain mechanics remade, simply because you want to play ONE part of the game, which you'll probably quit again in a month or two.
    Thats your opinion and im fine with it (even if i do not agree).
    For me 'worst' players are people who pay for every single thing from ingame shop and preorder xpacks from Blizzard without even knowing if they will like it.

So as I said, good riddance, it's a win-win, you don't play the game that you don't like, and we don't get a whiner in our midst that wont shut his mouth about how stupid and bad the game is.
    This is the first time i see atleast a few good (or i should probably say hopefully interesting) things that incoming xpack have to offer since probably 3 years... but if i want to even try it i HAVE to play previous one. Good logic Blizzard.

Sounds scary.

Thats your opinion and im fine with it (even if i do not agree).
    For me 'worst' players are people who pay for every single thing from ingame shop and preorder xpacks from Blizzard without even knowing if they will like it.

This is the first time i see atleast a few good (or i should probably say hopefully interesting) things that incoming xpack have to offer since probably 3 years... but if i want to even try it i HAVE to play previous one. Good logic Blizzard.
    But that was always the case my friend, if you stopped in The Burning Crusade, and came back in Cataclysm, you still had to level through Wrath of the Lich King content, I don't understand why are you acting so surprised, it's not like this is some new mechanic that we've never seen before.

I didn't mean to be rude, and apologies if I was, but you just seemed like a type of person who doesn't really care about the game but likes to yell about how they don't like it on the forums.
    And I still think you are that type, because saying that last 3 expansions had nothing to offer is just plain lie. Sure, they all had their issues, but they also had a bunch of good content, especially Legion.
    Maybe the issue is that MMOs aren't your thing anymore, there are plenty of other games to go for.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not need to watch X movie to know i will not like it.
    I do not need to be in X city to know i am not interested visiting it.
    I do not need to play X xpack to know it is not for me
    Good job answering my question with an answer that doesn't address in any way the question i posed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Walkerbo View Post
    listening to feed back is code for "we already know the answer but if we tell you it may reduce our first day sales"
    Ya how dare you actually have to PLAY THE GAME to unlock flying. I mean that's such a travesty!

But that was always the case my friend, if you stopped in The Burning Crusade, and came back in Cataclysm, you still had to level through Wrath of the Lich King content, I don't understand why are you acting so surprised, it's not like this is some new mechanic that we've never seen before.
    You are partially true. Historically it was that way... but now some people can avoid through BFA and some not. I would love to be in the first group.

I didn't mean to be rude, and apologies if I was
    It is ok my mate, do not worry

but you just seemed like a type of person who doesn't really care about the game but likes to yell about how they don't like it on the forums.
    I would not be active on this forum if i do not care about the game.
    I want to present my point of view what i do like and do not like.
    A few things in Shadowlands looks promising and would love to check it without doing BFA stuff thats all.

And I still think you are that type, because saying that last 3 expansions had nothing to offer is just plain lie. Sure, they all had their issues, but they also had a bunch of good content, especially Legion.
    I've never said it lacked good things. For example i love too see how graphically WoW has evolved within last few years. Raids looks atleast cool too.

Maybe the issue is that MMOs aren't your thing anymore, there are plenty of other games to go for.
    Well... i am atleast 6 days per week in Classic so i do not think MMO's are not for me...

Good job answering my question with an answer that doesn't address in any way the question i posed.
    How this simple analogy does not answer your question?
    I've seen and learn enough about BFA to be sure not liking it. How much simplier do you want to hear that?