Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Somebody from Reddit or Twitter figured out what the data underlying means.

It's not referring to individual corruptions like the OP suggests; it refers to batch #s.

This means there is a fixed rotation of the batches, and the batches themselves are fixed. The rotation of the batches is designed to look random from an outside perspective, though, since it is: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 4, 8, 3, 1, 6, 2, 7, 5, 2, 4, 1, 5, 3, 6, 8, 5, 3, 8, 4, 6, 5, 2, 7, 1, 7, 5, 2, 1, 8, 4, 3, 6.

Kind of embarrassed that I didn't see the pattern myself when I looked at this briefly 2 weeks ago. I was like: "huh, 39 entries, but there's 52 corruptions, wut" and "groups of 8, but there's only 6 on the vendor right now".

I wasn't following the 'groups of 6 on the vendor right now' to the logical conclusion that there must be 8 batches in order to rotate through 52 corruptions in groups of 6-7.

The fact that there's only an order for 39 batches suggests that 9.0 will be out before 19.5 weeks from the start of this system.

Edit: That said, they could add order to it very easily.
    Last edited by Simca; 2020-06-02 at 08:39 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Yeah I already think it's fucking dumb I have to use a third party addon to display the names/ranks for the actual corruptions in tooltips because for whatever reason Blizzard named all these things, and every one and every thing uses those selected names, but then doesn't show the names or ranks in the game by default. MAKES SENSE.
    You needed an addon for that? When they first released I used the chat box and just said "how do you tell what the ranks are?" and boom, I got an answer.

Yeah, I just find this really unlikely. Players on the verge of unsubbing aren't going to hang on an extra month to buy something they aren't going to use.
    Imagine how easy it will be to level up your op char with bis corruptions, so staying now might pay out in the future. i mean take BfA for example coming out of Legion. BfA to SL will be even more ridiculous. Not only the ilevel and stat creep is crazy, but corruption and essences as well. Pfhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, if somebody wants to find a fault with a system, they will not be swayed by logic :P - so I shall move the goalpost to: Maximise MAU (though I don't even know how those are counted)
    Its fairly simple really. If you log on at any time for any amount of time during said month (ie: June 1, 2020 to June 30, 2020), you are counted as a MAU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    You needed an addon for that? When they first released I used the chat box and just said "how do you tell what the ranks are?" and boom, I got an answer.
    So your strategy for knowing the names and ranks for every type of corruption is just to ask other people, many of whom probably are using an addon or a third party site as reference. I'm not really sure that is really an argument that the way Blizzard has chosen to display things is great.

(and no, I don't need an addon but I got tired of trying to remember if this particular crit-themed corruption is severe or strikethru or deadly momentum because Blizzard decided to assign names to all of these and then not actually show those names anywhere pre-vendor. Having the name actually show in the tooltip on items is extremely helpful)

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Imagine how easy it will be to level up your op char with bis corruptions, so staying now might pay out in the future. i mean take BfA for example coming out of Legion. BfA to SL will be even more ridiculous. Not only the ilevel and stat creep is crazy, but corruption and essences as well. Pfhhh.
    I mean, maybe, but they also often disable or weaken those things as you level. I still would be surprised if there was a remotely significant portion of the population who would stay subbed just to wait for the right corruption so they could potentially level faster later if they decide to play again.

Also I'm not really sure if that's a solid argument for why the schedule is so pointlessly confusing. If a guy is going to wait for Expedient III does it matter in this hypothetical context if he knows it will be up in three weeks or he doesn't and just has to randomly keep checking the vendor every few days for those three weeks? In either case, he's staying subbed.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2020-06-02 at 08:47 PM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

..unless they disable the whole system...
    Hahahaha, I would cry in that case if i was one who invested months and months into it. I expect the usual "stops working above level 49" thing. It's very odd that we don't have info about this yet... Or do we?

15+ Year Old Account
    The only reasonable way to disable corruptions is to have their effects drop off by 10% per level-up from 50 to 60, ending at being inactive at 60.

This said, they may still want to disable the whole system because of how weird it makes things at level 50, but if they do it that way, the change is going to be ridiculously jarring.

I don't know; it's kind of a no-win situation.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, sounds logical...so Blizzard has all these games...and ppl call them all dead...to the point where WoW might have only 1 million subs and Classic not even close...so where do 30 million individuals logging in come from (10 million per month) - since we got 30
    million MAUs quarterly.

Do I detect snark(Put 3-5 mill for regular wow)? cause I assume the bigger punch of Mau(Omg this is so over discussed) was originally Hearthstone, no idea if thats true still.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Probably because having 52 things on a vendor would be "too complicated for new players" or something equally stupid. They didn't officially say anything, though.
    Let's be real here, this is all about MAUs and pyschology. Giving permanent full time access to them now creates less short term FOMO, so people would just drag their feet and probably forget about it eventually. The way it's currently implemented people have to meet arbitary mile stones and make the most out of it before it vanishes again for a couple of weeks. This will cause people to spend alot of time doing their daily chores while dangling the reward in front of them. Once they were able to buy most of them the majority will probably become less zealous about farming them since they realize that they don't really need that much corruption anyway..

I full well expect them to dump all of them on the vendor in 2 or 3 months for another stimulus while getting hailed as finally listening to the the people.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-06-02 at 08:53 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahahaha, I would cry in that case if i was one who invested months and months into it. I expect the usual "stops working above level 49" thing. It's very odd that we don't have info about this yet... Or do we?
    They haven't said, but it wouldn't surprise me either way. No matter what they do it's going to end up being kinda shitty when we go from corruptions to no corruptions (or weak corruptions) cos it's such a massive drop in power.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

They haven't said, but it wouldn't surprise me either way. No matter what they do it's going to end up being kinda shitty when we go from corruptions to no corruptions (or weak corruptions) cos it's such a massive drop in power.
    Eh.. we survived losing artefact weapons (which in turn also made most classes feel shit during prepatch already) and later down the line our legendaries. If they disable all of it during prepatch it would probably be fairly similar since they will mess with scaling anyway. If they adjust mob health a bit for the new level 50 we should be mostly fine.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    The only reasonable way to disable corruptions is to have their effects drop off by 10% per level-up from 50 to 60, ending at being inactive at 60.

This said, they may still want to disable the whole system because of how weird it makes things at level 50, but if they do it that way, the change is going to be ridiculously jarring.

I don't know; it's kind of a no-win situation.
    I just want them to get rid of it immediately, make some excuse like 'it lost its power into the Shadowlands' or something but it shouldn't linger on. I know that leggos did because they were only a couple and I think we got rid of our artifact weapon fairly soon into the early levels.

Sure it might be jarring, but no need for rng fest to drag imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Eh.. we survived losing artefact weapons (which in turn also made most classes feel shit during prepatch already) and later down the line our legendaries. If they disable all of it during prepatch it would probably be fairly similar since they will mess with scaling anyway. If they adjust mob health a bit for the new level 50 we should be mostly fine.
    They were clear about losing the artifacts at the end of the expac from very early (that's why I didn't give a shit about them). If they do this, they should communicate it very clearly and in time. otherwise it feels shitty. It should already be announced what the plan is with them, imo.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    If they disable all of it during prepatch it would probably be fairly similar since they will mess with scaling anyway. If they adjust mob health a bit for the new level 50 we should be mostly fine.
    Using pre-patch to ease the transition would actually be great. They could even do something like give gear that's appropriate to head into shadowlands, but whatever mobs we need to kill for pre-patch to get it die easily whether in current gear or when you switch gear piece by piece to non-corrupt pieces during pre-patch.

I don't see any corruption FX going off on characters that ppl in Alpha play. Sure, they are premade (I think) but if you want to test stuff and want ppl to take corruption into SL, wouldn't you have to figure this in? Then again...it is levelling (then again, ppl get xp in Torghast, so can you do that during levelling too?)
    Corruption is late BfA system. They don't want to waste time balancing the initial experience of shadowlands with it since it will cease to be relevant once shadowlands prepatch hits and only affect legacy characters (if any at all). They can test how much they would have to tone them down (or remove them) once they go into mid to late beta and allow character tranferes. The goal should be to balance corruption in shadowlands to to fit shadowlands, not to balance shadowlands to fit a then dead system.

Yeah, so you will be able to get to the max level in 6 hours instead of 10. Big deal. Besides, all the rental stuff will have to be returned sooner or later, and it's going to be real fun to ding and suddenly do 50% less damage. Either way, no one in their right mind is going to spend hours farming echoes for essences just so that they can roflstomp shadowlands leveling - it's not going to take more than several hours anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Probably because having 52 things on a vendor would be "too complicated for new players" or something equally stupid. They didn't officially say anything, though.
    The PVP reciepe, legacy pvp gear, titanic residuum and legion leggo vendors say hi

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    Yeah, so you will be able to get to the max level in 6 hours instead of 10. Big deal. Besides, all the rental stuff will have to be returned sooner or later, and it's going to be real fun to ding and suddenly do 50% less damage. Either way, no one in their right mind is going to spend hours farming echoes for essences just so that they can roflstomp shadowlands leveling - it's not going to take more than several hours anyway.

The PVP reciepe, legacy pvp gear, titanic residuum and legion leggo vendors say hi
    I didn't say someone would sub just to farm these up for easier leveling in SL. Someone asked why would anyone stay subbed to wait for a vendor to sell these corruptions. The expansion is basically over. What i said is that maybe people want to stock up for SL so that they can roflstomp level. if you never saw someone to pull the whole zone and simply aoe them down while you're having hard time with 2-3 mobs, then you obv. don't know what I'm talking about, especially with these denser zones, where mobs instarespawn on top of you. BfA leveling has been criticized how shitty it was losing the artifacts and the legendaries. BfA to SL will be even worse if the course stays the same. It's not like "hihihaha I'm fully heroic icc geared so I roflstomp stuff in Uldum and twilight highlands while you noobs are having a bit harder times in your greens". Leveling was always easier a bit in prev expansion max gear. Not this much like in Legion to BfA or supposedly BfA to SL.
    Last edited by Lei; 2020-06-02 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Using pre-patch to ease the transition would actually be great. They could even do something like give gear that's appropriate to head into shadowlands, but whatever mobs we need to kill for pre-patch to get it die easily whether in current gear or when you switch gear piece by piece to non-corrupt pieces during pre-patch.
    It wouldn't surprise me if Blizzard did something like make corrupted effects grow weaker as N'Zoth's influence on Azeroth fades while we do the pre-patch content, at the end of it the corruption has faded completely. That way we lose the effects as part of the story, and it isn't an immediate jarring change like "well, you ain't critting shit for 1.5 million with TD now".

Having the name actually show in the tooltip on items is extremely helpful for me..i need this addon.Add on is legit in game,i will save a lot of time.you can find more mmorpg youtube video edit tips info at remove audio in quicktime remove emoji
    Last edited by devilzxlin; 2021-10-12 at 02:34 PM.

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if Blizzard did something like make corrupted effects grow weaker as N'Zoth's influence on Azeroth fades while we do the pre-patch content, at the end of it the corruption has faded completely. That way we lose the effects as part of the story, and it isn't an immediate jarring change like "well, you ain't critting shit for 1.5 million with TD now".
    You give them far, far too much credit. :\
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia