The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Funtringas View Post
    So in four years Trump is going to be your hero when you bash the next Republican leader?

Do you believe in anything at all?
    What's really sad is that you put all this effort into watching the world burn(er). Imagine what you could do if you cared about anything, and weren't so angry inside. Have you seen American History X? The dialogue between Derek and Danny at the end - when Derek was saying that all the hateful shit he did never made him feel better.

Do these burner accounts and shit posting and hate make you feel better?

So in four years Trump is going to be your hero when you bash the next Republican leader?

Do you believe in anything at all?
    Depends on how bad the next republican president is. It's almost like its good to be beyond the R or D next to a person's name.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    What's really sad is that you put all this effort into watching the world burn(er). Imagine what you could do if you cared about anything, and weren't so angry inside.
    I'm not sure how you got from my principled opposition to a warmongering president to "wanting to watch the world burn". You seem to be having a conversation with the voices in your mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Depends on how bad the next republican president is. It's almost like its good to be beyond the R or D next to a person's name.
    Will you not at some stage begin to question why successively worst presidents are being elected?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure how you got from my principled opposition to a warmongering president to "wanting to watch the world burn". You seem to be having a conversation with the voices in your mind.
    Because that's all your burner account statements are really saying. Nothing so laudible as "principled" is coming from your useless contributions to this thread. We all know you're just lashing out to see the world burn. I was hoping for a moment of honesty from you. Dare to dream, right Mr. Principled?

Alright multiple quotes from Republican Senators on Trump's stunt.

Shocking most dodge and run. The silliest are the ones who did not see it. Laughable.

So I will give you a few but many more if you want to click on link.

Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., on the president’s photo op at St. John’s last night: “Didn’t really see it.”
    https://twitter.com/kasie/status/126...548663808?s=19

Sen. Mitt Romney, R-Utah. “I didn’t watch it closely enough to know.”
    Sen. Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska: What we saw last night “was not the America that I know.”
    I asked Sen. McConnell if President Trump’s leadership was right for this moment. “I’m not going to critique other people’s performances,” he said.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Alright multiple quotes from Republican Senators on Trump's stunt.

Shocking most dodge and run. The silliest are the ones who did not see it. Laughable.

So I will give you a few but many more if you want to click on link.

https://twitter.com/kasie/status/126...548663808?s=19
    Days of silence on Trump's performance and the only response we get from most of the GOP leadership is a collective, noncommittal shrug.

Buncha spineless twats.

Man. Remember just 4 or 5 years ago, when a leader having peaceful protesters outside a church beaten and gassed so that he could get a photo op with a bible was the sort of news you'd expect to hear out of some third world country?

But somehow, in the year of our lord 2020, we've normalized it enough that we discuss it with the same sort of flippancy as Trump's covfefe. This should be the kind of stuff that pauses America until we get our government sorted out, but it's just another week in America.

Meanwhile, our conservative pals have found some way to cheer for the thing they've been hoarding their guns to oppose.

Stranger Things is going to have to come up with a weirder Upside Down, because the one we're living in now has theirs beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Meanwhile, our conservative pals have found some way to cheer for the thing they've been hoarding their guns to oppose.
    Literally a week or 2 ago. About wearing a mask, remember? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    If Bush 43 comes out supporting Biden, it might be popcorn time. It would certainly be a start of a civil war within the GOP. I was NEVER a fan of Bush2 until after he was out of office. But his exit was regal (with Obama being gracious), under the circumstances, and when he's been vocal since, it has been with words that I agree with.
    Strange because Blair has become ever more unpopular with every passing year out of office for being a war criminal and all but across the pond time heals all wounds I guess.

What a year 2020 is when the support of a war criminal for "your guy" is a positive instead of utterly fucking shameful.

I still think GWB is horrific. I think he and his cabinet were war criminals. I think he had Colin Powell get in front of the UN and lie about the imminent threat of WMD in Iraq, leading to countless deaths of innocent Iraqis. I think he instituted the draconian Patriot Act on the shocked goodwill of the country post 9/11, and should be excoriated for that.

...all people are saying is that that is, somehow, not the worst Presidency of this century. Republicans are 0/2 this century, and honestly, 1/6 since Eisenhower, the 1 being Gerald Ford who hated the stink attached to being Nixon's VP so much he didn't run for re-election when he was allowed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Strange because Blair has become ever more unpopular with every passing year out of office for being a war criminal and all but across the pond time heals all wounds I guess.

What a year 2020 is when the support of a war criminal for "your guy" is a positive instead of utterly fucking shameful.
    I don't think, overall, Bush has become more popular since leaving. Hell iirc there was public outlash against ellen sitting with him just a year ago because of what bush stood for, not just about the iraq war but lgbt rights. However, since leaving office, he's all but dropped off the face of the earth. Out of sight, out of mind. However, if cubby is right, I don't think he is, but if he is that him supporting Biden leads to a civil war in the GOP than yeah I view it as a positive. I don't think it will because the GOP and RNC is 100% firmly behind Trump.

I actually think an endorsement would hurt Biden, because it's an unnecessary shit on the pile for all the concern trolls to add on to attach bush with biden.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-06-02 at 11:33 PM.

Trump just can't help making himself look like Hitler.

https://twitter.com/Far_fromNormal1/...821899/photo/1

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Trump just can't help making himself look like Hitler.

https://twitter.com/Far_fromNormal1/...821899/photo/1
    Powerful as this comparison is, the book was actually photoshopped into Hitler's hand:
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hitler-holding-bible/

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I still think GWB is horrific. I think he and his cabinet were war criminals. I think he had Colin Powell get in front of the UN and lie about the imminent threat of WMD in Iraq, leading to countless deaths of innocent Iraqis. I think he instituted the draconian Patriot Act on the shocked goodwill of the country post 9/11, and should be excoriated for that.

...all people are saying is that that is, somehow, not the worst Presidency of this century. Republicans are 0/2 this century, and honestly, 1/6 since Eisenhower, the 1 being Gerald Ford who hated the stink attached to being Nixon's VP so much he didn't run for re-election when he was allowed to.
    Your history is a little off. You are 100% right that of the last 6 Ford was the only one who wasn't complete shit, and he hated the stink being attached to being nixon's VP, and he didn't want to run, but he did run for re-election, even though he was never elected in the first place. He even beat Reagan in the primary, he just never stood a chance against Carter in the general election because he pardoned Nixon. Than Reagan took the party down the super conservative rabbit hole and it's been downhill since for the party.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Your history is a little off. You are 100% right that of the last 6 Ford was the only one who wasn't complete shit, and he hated the stink being attached to being nixon's VP, and he didn't want to run, but he did run for re-election, even though he was never elected in the first place. He even beat Reagan in the primary, he just never stood a chance against Carter in the general election because he pardoned Nixon. Than Reagan took the party down the super conservative rabbit hole and it's been downhill since for the party.
    It might actually be the end of them now. There is going to be a "civil war" of sorts within the party and it might end up splitting. Although it should've happened years ago with the Nazis started taking it over.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Powerful as this comparison is, the book was actually photoshopped into Hitler's hand:
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hitler-holding-bible/
    Well that's embarrassing, I don't have much experience with Photoshop. I think the comparisons in the linked tweet are fitting though.

I don't think, overall, Bush has become more popular since leaving. Hell iirc there was public outlash against ellen sitting with him just a year ago because of what bush stood for, not just about the iraq war but lgbt rights. However, since leaving office, he's all but dropped off the face of the earth. Out of sight, out of mind. However, if cubby is right, I don't think he is, but if he is that him supporting Biden leads to a civil war in the GOP than yeah I view it as a positive. I don't think it will because the GOP and RNC is 100% firmly behind Trump.

I actually think an endorsement would hurt Biden, because it's an unnecessary shit on the pile for all the concern trolls to add on to attach bush with biden.
    It's hard to engage with you here because anything I bring up is going to be dismissed as "concern trolling" but what the hey! I'll dial down the snark...abit.

It's apparent that morality went out the window when Biden became the nominee and Trump is such an existential threat that voting for the Corporatist Democrat who will give you nothing is at least more palatable than letting the guy who will accelerate the slide your country is on into dystopian nightmare rather than slow it seems like a no brainer but...

Ahhh fuck it, I mean that's your situation now, defend it if you want, it doesn't change the fundamentals that 2020 is a disaster on every front. Congrats if Biden beats Trump it only cost you everything for a fight that you should have won with little, if any investment.

And similar to Reagan, the orange shit stain is acting a role for people pulling the strings behind stage. Reagan was a Democrat. He campaigned for FDR. He voted Democrat until he got in bed with Nancy and his Dad said he could have California and the country if he was only a Republican. It was the role of a lifetime.

Not saying he was oblivious or naive. He knew full well what he was doing and so does Trump. But remember he was a Democrat, voted Blue was best of us with the Clinton's, donated millions to them. Butbhe knew he would have to run as a Republican because the uneducated voters typically vote Republican and fall for shit like Trump.

It's hard to engage with you here because anything I bring up is going to be dismissed as "concern trolling" but what the hey! I'll dial down the snark...abit.

It's apparent that morality went out the window when Biden became the nominee and Trump is such an existential threat that voting for the Corporatist Democrat who will give you nothing is at least more palatable than letting the guy who will accelerate the slide your country is on into dystopian nightmare rather than slow it seems like a no brainer but...

Ahhh fuck it, I mean that's your situation now, defend it if you want, it doesn't change the fundamentals that 2020 is a disaster on every front. Congrats if Biden beats Trump it only cost you everything for a fight that you should have won with little, if any investment.
    Biden is probably the most immoral Dem candidate in the past 40 years. He was not my first choice, nor my 2nd or 3rd choice.

Despite that, his immorality, which is mostly "wrong/immoral policy beliefs" pales in comparison to all the Republican Presidents of the past 40 years.

Your false equivalency is fucking dumb.

No sorry for miscommunication. I'm not saying YOU are concern trolling, just that if bush endorces biden, it does add fuel for those that are, which is why i hope it doesn't happen.