Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    It's hard to engage with you here because anything I bring up is going to be dismissed as "concern trolling" but what the hey! I'll dial down the snark...abit.

It's apparent that morality went out the window when Biden became the nominee and Trump is such an existential threat that voting for the Corporatist Democrat who will give you nothing is at least more palatable than letting the guy who will accelerate the slide your country is on into dystopian nightmare rather than slow it seems like a no brainer but...

Ahhh fuck it, I mean that's your situation now, defend it if you want, it doesn't change the fundamentals that 2020 is a disaster on every front. Congrats if Biden beats Trump it only cost you everything for a fight that you should have won with little, if any investment.
    Blame the non voters. An overwhelming percentage of the 44% non voting population identifies as Dems or left leaning. I'm not talking about those who can't or have been legally purged and shit. I'm talking about the disenfranchised and those that just sit on their hands instead of trying.

I did a research paper in college about gerrymandering and low voter turnout. Two things were blatantly clear, if you remove gerrymandering for a neutral geographic district drawing, or everyone turn out to vote, the Republican party would never win the presidency, hold the senate, or the house again. They would have a smaller amount of governorships, mostly in southern states, and would hold less state legislative bodies.

I don't need to get into the reasons why so many don't vote. But if they did this infection called the GOP would be a small regional party at best. And mind you this was just after GHWB was elected, reaganmania had swept through the nation and gerrymandering was not nearly as bad as it is today, and the population has swung way more liberal since the late 80s early 90s.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's hard to engage with you here because anything I bring up is going to be dismissed as "concern trolling" but what the hey! I'll dial down the snark...abit.

It's apparent that morality went out the window when Biden became the nominee and Trump is such an existential threat that voting for the Corporatist Democrat who will give you nothing is at least more palatable than letting the guy who will accelerate the slide your country is on into dystopian nightmare rather than slow it seems like a no brainer but...

Ahhh fuck it, I mean that's your situation now, defend it if you want, it doesn't change the fundamentals that 2020 is a disaster on every front. Congrats if Biden beats Trump it only cost you everything for a fight that you should have won with little, if any investment.
    I'll take your idle threat of a "But Biden won't be snazzy or cool!" president over that of the, as you accurately assessed, backwards-sliding misanthrope of a president actively dissolving the United States that is Trump.

And it seems most Democrats and progressives actually interested in the party and platform of progress have seen that as well.

As another poster noted, progress from being waste-deep and actively buried in the mud isn't always "you're squeaky clean and kicking it in a lazy boy." Sometimes that progress looks like "you're no longer being actively being buried and you're only knee-deep now." It's not as nice as being squeaky clean, but if those are the only two options... guess which one the sane, rational person takes? If you're so incensed about so little progress being able to be made, maybe blame that on the progress lost under Trump, and the fact that the concessions we have to now make are to dig us out of the hole he (and the republicans, let's not forget their culpability in all this) has put us in.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    No sorry for miscommunication. I'm not saying YOU are concern trolling, just that if bush endorces biden, it does add fuel for those that are, which is why i hope it doesn't happen.
    Yeah I get you and I know you weren't but see below for what I meant.
    Quote Originally Posted by escathological
    Biden is probably the most immoral Dem candidate in the past 40 years. He was not my first choice, nor my 2nd or 3rd choice.

Despite that, his immorality, which is mostly "wrong/immoral policy beliefs" pales in comparison to all the Republican Presidents of the past 40 years.

Your false equivalency is fucking dumb.
    See, this attempt to dismiss my post as false equivalency when their is none is what has become the norm for Biden supporters because they can't face the complete lack of aspiration on display. Both candidates for 2020 continue the US on its current slide, one is slightly more palatable but neither change the dynamic. There is no false equivalency in my post but there sure is some intellectual laziness in yours eschatological.

See, this attempt to dismiss my post as false equivalency when their is none is what has become the norm for Biden supporters because they can't face the complete lack of aspiration on display. Both candidates for 2020 continue the US on its current slide, one is slightly more palatable but neither change the dynamic. There is no false equivalency in my post but there sure is some intellectual laziness in yours eschatological.
    You said:

Which is quite readily saying that voting for each of these candidates is immoral (as morality is "out the window"). You then say in this next post that "both candidates for 2020 continue the US on its current slide," which is patently false. Biden's platform will be the most progressive national platform ever presented to the American people, after Hillary's was the most progressive up to 2016 but people dismissed her as a Corporatist for having speaking gigs to private equity firms. He came out today saying that there needs to be universal health care, ffs. Your two posts are pretty clear examples of creating a false equivalency. I'd say there IS a moral choice in this election, and it's voting for Biden, and it has little to nothing to do with the man himself, but who he is running against.

Look, I have yet to vote in my primary (lol, it's been delayed to the 23rd of this month). I'm not voting for Biden. I'll probably vote for Warren. But I have accepted he'll be the nominee, and that makes the choice between him and Trump unconscionably easy. It'll be the 2nd easiest vote of my life (after Hillary over Trump).

10+ Year Old Account
    On a Twitter related note, it looks like any pro-police and pro-MAGA coordination over social media is being thwarted by...

Wait for it...

K-Pop stans flooding hashtags and apps with fancam footage.

Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I honestly can't tell -- did you mean to say "President Biden" here?
    Yes.

The Democrat was going to get a lot of poor and by virtue of such minority vote anyhow, and this move basically hands Biden a boost that he couldn't have bought or faked.

But look at Trump and Biden and ask "who is being more Presidential?"

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Yes.

The Democrat was going to get a lot of poor and by virtue of such minority vote anyhow, and this move basically hands Biden a boost that he couldn't have bought or faked.

Hell the piece of shit I flushed down the toilet this morning is more presidential then Trump.

#TrumpDictatorship is trending in Germany

10+ Year Old Account
    Both sides! I mean, you take half a Biden and half of Trump, then smash them together... kind of like CatDog... two mouths and no butt hole... figure that one out... but, you do get both sides...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Pictures and reports coming out of DC now. And, uh....

Yeah. No comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account

If Trump were the last person on earth, the answer of "who is being more presidential" would filter down through every phylum of animal, plant, fungus and prokaryote before it reached him.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Pictures and reports coming out of DC now. And, uh....

Yeah. No comment.
    Remember when Obama said Trayvon Martin could have been his kid? Remember how much they moaned? Imagine if Trump said something along those lines... all of this shit would be over.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    If Trump were the last person on earth, the answer of "who is being more presidential" would filter down through every phylum of animal, plant, fungus and prokaryote before it reached him.
    #NotMyCaribou
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Early stages of blatant fascism at its fucking finest, everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by We are covfefe View Post
    Early stages of blatant fascism at its fucking finest, everyone.
    I like how even Trump supporters stopped mentioning Godwin... it’s a silent admission of guilt.

Whelp, Baby Trump is going to take his RNC and go home because North Carolina is being careful

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/electi...udU?li=BBnb7Kz

Trump triggered the back-and-forth about the RNC last week, when he threatened to move the event from Charlotte if there was a chance that the venue could not be filled due to virus-related restrictions, tweeting that Cooper must "guarantee that by August we will be allowed full attendance" in the arena
    Good for Trump. Let's make sure as many Trump supporters get the virus before the election. Make sure Trump mingles in the crowd for handshakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Whelp, Baby Trump is going to take his RNC and go home because North Carolina is being careful

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/electi...udU?li=BBnb7Kz

Good for Trump. Let's make sure as many Trump supporters get the virus before the election. Make sure Trump mingles in the crowd for handshakes.
    Good, that's going to be total chaos for the people putting it on. Trying to plan a major event this late into the game at a new location you haven't even secured a location to begin planning.

I have no doubts they'll pull it off in the end, but their lives will be a living hell for the next few months. Guess that's the price of working with the RNC and Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Called it. So did everyone else.

It's the Party of Trump now. This is probably the clearest indication.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Good, that's going to be total chaos for the people putting it on. Trying to plan a major event this late into the game at a new location you haven't even secured a location to begin planning.

I have no doubts they'll pull it off in the end, but their lives will be a living hell for the next few months. Guess that's the price of working with the RNC and Trump.
    Well when you work hand in hand with the devil don't start complaining when you gets burned.

I'm not even sure Trump has the authority to make the change or is he just blowing smoke. Isn't the choice of venue determined by the RNC itself?

I'm not even sure Trump has the authority to make the change or is he just blowing smoke. Isn't the choice of venue determined by the RNC itself?
    Sure as shit seems Trump has the authority when Trump tells them to bend over and they pull down their pants for him and his mushroom headed orange dick.