High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post

Say again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    ... Are you serious...
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    lol, newest dumbest comment in this, gj
    my skin color is indistinguishable from white people. yet people were racist to me when i lived in the us.

https://twitter.com/saifullah_p/stat...12679386710020

They don't learn...

The right thing at this point would be to screen every cop excessively for 2 weeks by independent people (from outside the US) and fire everyone that doesn't qualify.
    And obviously revamp the system how easy you can become a cop.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Moriati View Post
    my skin color is indistinguishable from white people. yet people were racist to me when i was in the us.
    Ah hah, hah, hah. Bro, as far as racist people are concerned, if you asian you ain't white, you yellow.

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuujin View Post
    Ah hah, hah, hah. Bro, as far as racist people are concerned, you ain't white, you yellow.
    i'm aware but if me and a white guy covered our faces it would be impossible for people to tell which one of us is white based only on skin color.

i'm aware but if me and a white guy covered our faces it would be impossible for people to tell which one of us is white based only on skin color.
    Truly, you are something special. Korea is lucky to have you back.

....but they're still reacting to you based on how you look.

If I wore gloves and a facemask and a hoodie, they wouldn't know I'm brown, either. So fucking what?

They don't learn...

The right thing at this point would be to screen every cop excessively for 2 weeks by independent people (from outside the US) and fire everyone that doesn't qualify.
    The worst part is, they will most likely get away with it. So disgusting. I wish there really was something like Karma and they would get what they deserve.

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    ....but they're still reacting to you based on how you look.

If I wore gloves and a facemask and a hoodie, they wouldn't know I'm brown, either. So fucking what?
    people say it's about skin color but it isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Los Angeles Police Commission held an online meeting via livestream during which Angelenos were allowed to ask questions and...yeah you can probably imagine how that went.

Less than 24 hours after Los Angeles police chief Michel Moore sparked outrage by saying that George Floyd’s blood is on rioters’ hands “as it is on those officers,’” he faced unanimously angry, and often profane criticism from residents at an online meeting of the L.A. Police Commission.

Of the incident that sparked the protests, the death of George Floyd after his arrest by Minneapolis police, Moore said of rioters on Monday, “His death is on their hands, as much as it is on those officers.’” Once Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti retook the podium, he called the chief back up to clarify those comments. “I misspoke when I said his blood was on their hands,” said Moore, “but certainly their actions do not serve the enormity of his loss. After the press conference, as outrage mounted, the chief issued a cascade of new apologies, at least three in the next few hours.

At the police commission meeting on Tuesday, Moore and the commissioners held a livestream ostensibly to discuss “regional unrest.” What they got instead was a flood of venom from outraged residents.
    Here are some of the more notable quotes.

“The LAPD needs to be torn down and rebuilt.”
    “You are not fit to lead and you should resign.”
    “Your officers don’t see them selves as police officers, they see themselves as an occupying army.”
    “I don’t know if you all are racists, honestly it doesn’t matter. You job is to listen to the people and serve the community. it doesn’t matter if you’re a racist. You’re here to serve your community. The way that black and brown communities are being policed tells us you are not serving your communities."
    “I’m going to address you like the f*cking child you have been throughout this meeting. You should be f*cking ashamed of yourself. Your words last night were disgusting. Particularly because you knew…You said they were going to be strong before you said them.”
    “For those of you [on the police commission] playing with your cell phones during this call, please stop. It’s incredibly disrespectful.”
    “I think all of you guys are racist.” He then spoke directly to Moore. “Chief: What is your idea of what black people should do to avoid being killed? Personally, I think black people should start defending themselves.”
    “Hey! Executive director! Look up! Chief Moore, you’re smiling? Stop looking at your phones. Commissioner Soboroff, you look like you’re sleeping. Keep your eyes glued to the screen and listen.”
    “For you to just sit there — with your face mask, not even looking up — is bullshit. You’re not listening. You’re just adding military force. F*ck you!”

And, the final nail in the coffin for bitches that still don't believe there's systemic bias in law enforcement:

Another woman maintained that “police can operate peacefully.” She cited the Women’s March several years ago downtown, saying the police were not in riot gear, and everything was fine. “But when it comes to Black Lives Matter,” she said, “they come in riot gear. Black people should not be afraid to live.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    my skin color is indistinguishable from white people. yet people were racist to me when i lived in the us.
    You... May need to get your glasses adjusted if you think that.

people say it's about skin color but it isn't.
    But it's most certainly about your race. You're being incredibly obtuse and pedantic right now.

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    You... May need to get your glasses adjusted if you think that.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post52355697

you think you could tell me apart based only on skin color if there was a group of 19 white guys with various skin tones and then me?

10+ Year Old Account

you think you could tell me apart based only on skin color if there was a group of 19 white people with various skin tones and then me?
    Enough with this crap. These demonstrators make the point far better than I could:

The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    The Los Angeles Police Commission held an online meeting via livestream during which Angelenos were allowed to ask questions and...yeah you can probably imagine how that went.

Here are some of the more notable quotes.

“The LAPD needs to be torn down and rebuilt.”
    “You are not fit to lead and you should resign.”
    “Your officers don’t see them selves as police officers, they see themselves as an occupying army.”
    “I don’t know if you all are racists, honestly it doesn’t matter. You job is to listen to the people and serve the community. it doesn’t matter if you’re a racist. You’re here to serve your community. The way that black and brown communities are being policed tells us you are not serving your communities."
    “I’m going to address you like the f*cking child you have been throughout this meeting. You should be f*cking ashamed of yourself. Your words last night were disgusting. Particularly because you knew…You said they were going to be strong before you said them.”
    “For those of you [on the police commission] playing with your cell phones during this call, please stop. It’s incredibly disrespectful.”
    “I think all of you guys are racist.” He then spoke directly to Moore. “Chief: What is your idea of what black people should do to avoid being killed? Personally, I think black people should start defending themselves.”
    “Hey! Executive director! Look up! Chief Moore, you’re smiling? Stop looking at your phones. Commissioner Soboroff, you look like you’re sleeping. Keep your eyes glued to the screen and listen.”
    “For you to just sit there — with your face mask, not even looking up — is bullshit. You’re not listening. You’re just adding military force. F*ck you!”

And, the final nail in the coffin for bitches that still don't believe there's systemic bias in law enforcement:
    The best call from that videoconference:

https://twitter.com/GlamandGore/stat...31450755563520

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The best call from that videoconference:

https://twitter.com/GlamandGore/stat...31450755563520
    Why is that voice so familiar...I feel like he's a streamer or YouTuber I know...

Also "have you considered being good at your jobs" fucking lol.

10+ Year Old Account

you think you could tell me apart based only on skin color if there was a group of 19 white guys with various skin tones and then me?
    Yes. You look Korean.

I mean. Good on you for not seeing the difference. But like, dude. Seriously, if you're confused as to why racists were mean towards you, like, I'm sorry to break it to you...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rune B View Post
    That is simply not true when you have 12.7% of the population committing 53% of murders and 54% of robberies etc.

Murder is an extremely, extremely robust statistic. The overwhelming majority of murders of any ethnicity is at the hands of their own ethnicity.

If racism was a significant motivation, you wouldn't expect blacks to murder three times as many whites as whites murder blacks.
    Why do you choose skin color, instead of religion? If you look at prison population, a lot more than 50% are made up of a specific one. We can’t discuss religion, as much as we cannot discuss race, so I won’t be specific... but, it’s not muslims.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

They don't learn...

Been floating around for a few days now.

Cop needs to be immediately fired and prosecuted, other officers involved need to be investigated, chief needs to resign, and there needs to be a department-wide investigation of all police incidents, specifically with people of color, over the pate 5+ years.

The only way to make cops stop brazenly assaulting people in front of cameras is to make the subsequent investigations so painful that they're terrified to.

Because we're not gonna get a legal framework that will allow them to be held accountable, especially with how deeply corrupt the police unions are.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Enough with this crap. These demonstrators make the point far better than I could:

I mean if you know the crime stats the furthest right bundle of squares should be majority white

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m white... Slavic White... and a refugee due to religious persecution... and was pushed down a flight of stairs in US school, as kids yelled “go back to your country”. The reason I know it’s based on skin color, because it happened to me. I don’t have to deal with it on a regular basis, because I’m white and am an adult. It doesn’t mean I don’t understand my privilege, that people cannot tell that I am an immigrant from simply looking at me.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi