Poll: Group etiquette for kicking. Why kick someone?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I always report people who AFK in BGs. Everything else I do with guildies, so no kicking there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

I voted to boot the hunter that ninjapulled a lot during a dungeon. Got told we did not have a hunter. Easy mistake.

I have mostly voted to boot people for afk. But I do give them time. 5 mins then we do the vote. Other than that I do vote to boot morons. And for some reason thats mostly entitled tanks who think they are so important that they can behave like they want. Whether you are tank or not, you are out. Did a mythic+ once with an obnoxious tank that complained about everything, being a dick about it and threathened to leave if someone said something against him. He got the /kick and we did the key one level lower instead.

No one is important enough to ruin the experience for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Of course. I am a merciless group culler.

I do not want anyone not actively engaged or who is performing poorly in my groups.

Also if you have a lot of questions that are either stupid or exhausting in how you ask, you are gone.

No one should have to take many breaks either. If you need a break every 15 mins; 1. you should not be part of a group and 2. should def. not be part of my group.

I also don't need you to waste time chatting about stupid or random stuff. Control yourself.

No children in the group unless they are exceptional contributors.

No old people. Same as above.

Anyone easily stressed out.

Anyone with anxiety issues.

Anyone who cries or weeps.

No bigots.

No right-wingers.

No religion.

English only.
    this is the guy people think of when they say wow is toxic,yikes!

just to mention,im not religious or right wing or a bigot,but i dont give a shit what you talk about in a random group as long as we are moving along at a decent pace,also...children and old people?something tells me i fell for an overly obvious troll lol saying no bigots and then he proceeds to being a bigot

on topic,kick mostly for afk,like i said,im there to get it done,as long as its done and at an ok pace,you can do whatever you want
    Last edited by deenman; 2020-06-03 at 03:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Have you ever voted to boot someone from the group in game or otherwise if so why?

Yes typically because they were being an asshat or not following the group.

What’s a bad reason to kick someone and have you ever voted not to kick?

Someone who says afk and has to use the bathroom.

Typically it should be a 15Min courtesy wait.

Few exceptions like if someone else already took a potty break or we just started a group activity.
    I've initiated/clicked yes to kick many asshats over the years, and I've declined to kick people numerous times as well. I've been in LFR where some elitist idiot starts boohoo-ing about someone's dps and sure enough, next thing you know, there's a vote kick to remove that person. I always click no because LFR isn't the place to call people out on their dps. Happy to kick the person doing the whining though, and I have on many occasions.

I don't mind AFK as long as its announced, e.g. 'brb someone at door' or something. If a person is just not there from the start, and we get to a boss or something and they're still at the beginning of the instance... /booted.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as no one kicks people for being 'bad' in things like lfr or normals.

AFK and assholes and disrupters (troll pulls, wrong specs, griefers) are usually the target of the kick. I got a real good laugh out of some vocal degenerate in lfr who was disparaging this poor warlock who wasn't doing very well on the dps meter, but generally following mechanics as well as an oblivious non-trier can achieve, just raving and ranting about how terrible they are and tried twice to vote kick them out, ended up voting that person out instead (they were like 4th on the dps meter, like you ain't hot shit, either beat everyone by 10k then maybe you can open your mouth and even then you dont get to talk like that)

Sweet justice. Talk shit get hit.

I've never been involved in a kick I didn't think was justified.

I was however a target of a kick by a group of 3 in a dungeon during cataclysm who were the most unpleasant and nasty bunch you'll ever come across and frankly I'm glad I WAS kicked, they had no clue how to do anything in the dungeon and the second I offered a single sentence of advice after the second wipe to a boss I'd trampled about 50 times at this point they got catty and whiny and had a tag team go at me. I hope wherever these people reside now they step barefooted on lego once a year.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    Yes, I vote people out. Usually for AFK.

My number one pet peeve though is when I'm tanking and a DPS gets cocky and starts pulling mobs ahead of me. Now I am not a slow tank by any means, I usually chain pull. I give them one warning, by not tanking something that they pulled, then if they don't get the hint it's boot time.
    So much this, of all the things that peeve me its DPS who start trying to set the pace of a dungeon. I don't mind at all if you accidentally pull something from misplaced AoE, pats, ect, but if I see you running ahead and grabbing stuff I will politely warn you once, let the trash kill you the second time, and if that wasn't enough of a hint and you keep pulling you're gone.

As an aside I usually play with at least 2 friends in 5 man content, and have had people try to misdirect kick one of us. we almost always play on discord and we always discus a kick beforehand, so we actually have yet to get burned by one.

10+ Year Old Account
    What’s a bad reason to kick someone and have you ever voted not to kick?

Who the hell needs 15 min to use the restroom?
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Not usually. I'm too lazy to kick people from queueable content. What's the point? If there's drama then that's good because the run was boring anyway.

I'm a good pug. Stay quiet, do my role and carry on. Unless I'm super bored then I stir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I was in the battlegroup that was stuck with the South American cesspits when LFR went live in Dragonsoul. My tolerance for stupidity was greatly diminished and it hasn't changed since then. I'll gladly vote kick someone for being a moron or intentionally slowing the group down, but I'd never vote someone for just being a bad or new player. Unless they're from Tol Barad, Ragnaros, or Azralon, then all bets are off.

Yes. Not voting in poll because it should obviously be multi-choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    I was booted many times when I played WoW, usually over loot disagreements.

What you can do is pre-empt the incoming boot with a boot of your own with the description, "Kick the idiot". The fun starts when they realize too late they kicked the wrong person.
    Good ol mob mentality. Too fool a bunch of people into making the wrong choice that benefits you is hilarious.

7+ Year Old Account
    [B]

What’s a bad reason to kick someone and have you ever voted not to kick?.
    On a leveling pug, they kicked another player for having their DBM in portuguese
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Few exceptions like if someone else already took a potty break or we just started a group activity.
    15 minutes? In a raid maybe, but dungeons don't even take that long most of the time. Poop before you q or gtfo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

I'll usually only vote kick if a party member has been AFK for a notably long time and they're necessary (Tank/Healer) (I've been in groups where we've carried an AFK DPS the whole time and didn't give a shit). But I'll also vote kick anyone who is being an absolute dickface too.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post

I was however a target of a kick by a group of 3 in a dungeon during cataclysm who were the most unpleasant and nasty bunch you'll ever come across and frankly I'm glad I WAS kicked, they had no clue how to do anything in the dungeon and the second I offered a single sentence of advice after the second wipe to a boss I'd trampled about 50 times at this point they got catty and whiny and had a tag team go at me. I hope wherever these people reside now they step barefooted on lego once a year.
    Yeah I had a similar experience in WotLK with the tourney dungeon, trial of the champions I think? Tried to explain to a premade after a wipe or two the mechanics and got booted After that I just never pugged without at least two friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Yes I do this if there is a valid reason to do so. For example once while I was leveling one character there was this tank in a dungoen that acted like he had no idea what he was doing and completely ignored any piece of advice group had. We just had to kick him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, AFK or disruptive players, mainly.

I feel bad when players who are trying but can't effectively perform due to poor gear get vote kicked (usually LFR tanks), but often that can't be helped. Those moments where a guy narrowly pushed through the first two fights of a wing, and you know they just need to finish the last boss to get quest credit or something, and see them nervously shuffle around a bit before vanishing completely.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    AFK or rude is definite kick. The tank wanting to kick them is also a guaranteed 100% kick in solidarity.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hell no? In a dungeon you don't get "15mins" to go use the restroom, that's about as long as it takes to do a dungeon, And if you're raiding, well, they have breaks for that stuff.

I've voted to, and gone with votes that are for AFK players, (I don't mind a quick brb) Or idiots that pull everything and keep causing wipes, or just toxic players.

I've voted no on quite a few occasions where they've tried kicking someone in a low end dungeon just for not performing perfectly, I normally just give advice if I'm able to on their class and help them out, Much better in the long run^^

Every time someone is an ass, insulting people, afk, don't want to take care of strat after it has been explained. If someone dc or warn having to be afk, I wait like 4 minutes in random hero, might be more if it's a raid. But people afk bio for short content pisses me off. And in pvp, it's insta kick.
    Also when I tank random heroic, and make a clear path and a retard body pull packs repeatedly, I leave.
    I don't want to waste time with people not respectful.
    Last edited by Tarba; 2020-06-03 at 06:43 AM.