Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is trade chat dead on your server?

On my alts server, a medium populated one, trade chat is completely dead, with 0 messages for hours. On my main however, trade chat is so active I have to use Bad Boy addon to filter out a lot of stuff. I wish my alts could leave the dead server but it costs a lot to move each character.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it has become a Boostchat 24/7

High-pop server though.

Boostchat 24/7 is correct

Why bother even joining trade chat anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

As much as i dislike boosting, what are you supposed to trade besides boosting anymore?

Like, Groupfinder / Guildfinder handles PUGs and people looking for a guild, crafting doesn't really require direct player interaction anymore....so what's left?

left trade forever ago, its nothing but level 1 bot spam

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    As much as i dislike boosting, what are you supposed to trade besides boosting anymore?

Like, Groupfinder / Guildfinder handles PUGs and people looking for a guild, crafting doesn't really require direct player interaction anymore....so what's left?
    Auction House.

For high-roller items that you don't want to lose the AH cut for, use forums. Can't even imagine what that'd be right now though tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post

I have 1 million gold on my alt's server that I want to use to buy a boost for mythic Jaina mount, but there aren't any sellers at all. I could move a character with the gold over to my main but that would cost 55 dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    I have 1 million gold on my alt's server that I want to use to buy a boost for mythic Jaina mount, but there aren't any sellers at all. I could move a character with the gold over to my main but that would cost 55 dollars.
    You can look on other realms, people who sell tends to have gold characters on almost all realms, which means you can pay from your alt realm for a boost advertised on another.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Aren't boosting communities usually advertising "accepting gold on any server"? Just contact them from your main, find the cheapest one and then ask "I have gold on x server y faction is that okay?" and see if they accept, if not or try to up the price, go to another community. There's tons of them.

And ontopic, trade chat on my server is 60% boost advertisements 30% guild recruitment macros 10% actually anything else (mostly trolling though).

People were selling BOEs but they're not as hot since corruption vendor came out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly not dead.

It is boost messages or utter general garbage.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    On my alts server, a medium populated one, trade chat is completely dead, with 0 messages for hours. On my main however, trade chat is so active I have to use Bad Boy addon to filter out a lot of stuff. I wish my alts could leave the dead server but it costs a lot to move each character.
    On WRA, when I pay attention it often seems like trade is mostly just general chat.

Left trade chat a while ago.

Bots spamming their fucking boost services is irritating as fuck. Blizz should ban boost sales from the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would consider it dead even on high pop servers where it’s a constant stream of boosts. Boosters are the lowest of the low video game destroyers in my eyes that I prefer to pretend they don’t even exist

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    For high-roller items that you don't want to lose the AH cut for, use forums. Can't even imagine what that'd be right now though tbh.
    At this point, most high value corruption items dropped in price for obvious reasons, next to that, you're avoiding any easy tools to track them (as some sites tracked the AH for high value corruption items).

Then you're left with high value collectible items, which require quite a lot of effort (of spamming) to sell them because the audience isn't as big (those that collect them+willing to pay the price).
    These sought after collectible items are probably being sold on other websites rather than ingame trade chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Blizz should ban boost sales from the game.
    Doubt that will happen, because the WoW Token most likely does fuel those boosting services by a not so insignificant degree.

WoW Token price has been on a downward trend for months now, which leaves two options:
    1.People aren't buying any more gametime via gold (meaning that the game is too stale)
    2.People are buying the WoW Token from Blizz in masses and thus dumping the price

First thing I do all new alts is /leave 1,/leave 2,/leave 3, so I have no idea if Trade is still 24/7 boost sales or not.

Gallywix community I believe sells on any server, they have a discord.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quiet on a "medium" pop server. Honestly, its better then having people suddenly discuss politics...(Especially current0.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

our chat is full of boost spam, and people complaining about boost spam.
    trade chat was always garbage, Id prefer this boostspamming over the "anal" shenanigans tho.

Daggerspine (and the others in that server group) is completly dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Boosters take gold on any server.

As i said above, main server is dead, so i go to draenor server to find seller names, then go back and whisper them from my character on daggerspine

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Left /2 in wrath? Maybe cata. Didn't miss the trade chat for one day. /1 can be useful outside of current-raids. So it depends on the day and activity I do.