On a tangentially-related note, I wonder if this situation will have an impact on the enrollment costs for the police academy and on how long the course takes. Was looking into enrolling when the covid issue cleared up a bit. Might be worth it to keep the recruits in a little longer for extra/better training.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://truthout.org/articles/police...activists-say/

Cops kneeled in solidarity with protesters and then turned around and assaulted them.

- - - Updated - - -

Without additional information, we have no clue what they were moving closer to do.

But the chief lied about the circumstances. He should be fired for that.
    You are probably correct, the fire truck usually has only work wear and work boots in it, stuff that is usually never taken during looting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    On a tangentially-related note, I wonder if this situation will have an impact on the enrollment costs for the police academy and on how long the course takes. Was looking into enrolling when the covid issue cleared up a bit. Might be worth it to keep the recruits in a little longer for extra/better training.
    If the plans to disband the MPD bear out and gain wider traction, chances are the impact is "no more police academy" as we understand it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    People say that about a lot of things which promptly drop dead.
    WEll, when racism "drops dead" tomorrow I'll be the first to say I was wrong

https://www.businessinsider.com/whit...looting-2020-6

Reminder: White supremacists are all over this shit to sew misinformation and discord.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see people on the internet are shocked when police pause for a 'wholesome' photo then resume to kicking your ass. Optics are everything when it comes to taking power from the protesters. Welcome to the game.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Friend of mine just posted this to our group chat:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Friend of mine just posted this to our group chat:

Ouch. I thought after that incident with McDonalds you weren't allowed to serve tea that hot.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurgjelme View Post
    I shared in the other thread a video of a African american firefighter with four kids, who had invested everything into a sports bar in Minneapolis.
    Of course looters ruined his bar and stole just about everything, and as he is interviewed, looters come back and try to make of with whatever is left.

Of course you had @Elegiac coming and accusing me of sharing far right propaganda, and that the movie was apparently from 1992. Which it of course isn't.

But there are no other sources to share this clip from on youtube, for some reason it's not popular to show how this looting affects innocent civilians.

Your concerns are hollow when you spend more energy on the the looters and material items than the lives lost and what people are demonstrating against.
    -------------------------------
    For other people. The police and powers that be hope you're are distracted by looters so they don't have to address the demands of the protesters. So they can be excused for gassing a crowd of peaceful protesters.

Man, when Logan Paul is speaking truth to power on the subject, even off a script, then we're truly in the worst fucking timeline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurgjelme View Post
    "Gentrification explains why there are so many white young adults, both ordinary protesters and anarchist vandals, compared to African Americans in the videos we see of protests and riots in big cities across the United States, compared to images of urban riots in generations past. Thanks to rising rents, young white leftists and liberals have been displacing the nonwhite working class and poor, many of them social conservatives, in places like Brooklyn and Oakland and Austin. While the initial occasion of a protest may be the death of a member of a minority group in police custody, affluent young white leftists are more interested in symbolic violence against capitalism or patriarchy or whatever.
    These children of the economic elite end up harming those on whose behalf they pretend to be speaking. Like the upper-middle-class hippies of the 1960s who called police officers “pigs,” today’s affluent hipsters despise the police, many of whom are their age but are more likely than leftist radicals to be from working-class backgrounds and to be nonwhite. Slogans of elite radicals like “Abolish the Police and Prisons” and comparisons of the Border Patrol to the Gestapo are insults to the unionized, working-class Americans of all races employed by those institutions.
    Dressing up as revolutionaries like children on Halloween, the sociopathic heirs of the overclass, already living in neighborhoods from which the working class was forced out by economic privation, take part in the vandalization, looting, and burning of local businesses, many of them owned by immigrants or members of minority groups. If they get arrested, the fortunate among them can count on being bailed out after phone calls to their indulgent liberal or moderate conservative parents, who live in expensive, nearly all-white urban and suburban neighborhoods and denounce racism and fascism on their Facebook pages.
    It will take years for the American hub cities damaged by the riots, along with the pandemic and the lockdown, to recover, if they ever recover. The black poor and working class first had their urban industrial jobs taken away from them by corporate executives in the white overclass who offshored them to Mexico or China. Then they were replaced in their former urban neighborhoods by the hipster children of the white overclass. Now even their grievances like protests against horrific police brutality are stolen from them by their supposed allies in the white overclass and turned into an occasion for virtue-signaling or vandalism by the elite.
    Many of today’s big city riot ninjas will look back in the future with pride on their nights of prancing around in black leotards and spraypainting “BLM” and “Fuck Trump” on downtown buildings. A decade from now, the most successful will have well-paying jobs, many of them in the politically progressive sectors like the universities and NGOs. The unlucky ones may still be working at Starbucks—perhaps at the very stores whose plate glass windows they once spray-painted or smashed."
    I don't know who wrote this but there's a bunch horseshit in sprinkled with a little bit of truth.

Yes there are those who are in the streets to sow chaos.

How dare people join in solidarity with a minority and release nothing changes for the oppressed if they don't walk with them. How dare they care about problems that don't impact them but devastating to others. How dare they dare to give a fuck about other people. How dare they become race traitors.

Have there been any proposals yet to change any laws or rules in the wake of all these protests?

Hey @rrayy

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...-John-s-Church

The White House gave the order -

White House gave the order to clear protesters for Trump's photo op. They're at the top of the chain of command.

You've been wrong for pages, and you're still wrong.
    The Daily Kos is your source? Seriously? That is one of the most far left propaganda sites on the internet.They have absolutely zero credibility regarding reporting facts as they are notorious for selectively editing videos, selectively editing quotes, and out right make stuff up to mis represent what people say. You trying to claim I am wrong by siting the Daily Kos would be like me trying to claim Bill Clinton was really to blame for the LA Riots and then citing a Brietbart article as my source. It's also funny that you claim this is proof when the article states in the first sentence that the guy lies all the time, except for one instance where he supposedly says he gave the order.

You ahve to do a lot better than a far left propaganda site notorious for making stuff up as a source. The Daily Kos is not a legit news source AT ALL.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I don't know who wrote this but there's a bunch horseshit in sprinkled with a little bit of truth.
    https://mickhartley.typepad.com/blog...ot-ninjas.html

Secondary source that links back to the primary, but Tablet Magazine won't load for some reason so can't tell if that's the full article or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    The Daily Kos is your source? Seriously? That is one of the most far left propaganda sites on the internet.They have absolutely zero credibility regarding reporting facts as they are notorious for selectively editing videos, selectively editing quotes, and out right make stuff up to mis represent what people say. You trying to claim I am wrong by siting the Daily Kos would be like me trying to claim Bill Clinton was really to blame for the LA Riots and then citing a Brietbart article as my source. It's also funny that you claim this is proof when the article states in the first sentence that the guy lies all the time, except for one instance where he supposedly says he gave the order.

You ahve to do a lot better than a far left propaganda site notorious for making stuff up as a source. The Daily Kos is not legit AT ALL.
    They're literally quoting the Press Secretary, who said she will not lie.

Are you calling McEnany a liar?

https://mickhartley.typepad.com/blog...ot-ninjas.html

Secondary source that links back to the primary, but Tablet Magazine won't load for some reason so can't tell if that's the full article or not.

- - - Updated - - -

They're literally quoting the Press Secretary, who said she will not lie.

Are you calling McEnany a liar?
    The article literally did. It literally says she lies all the time. Oh and The Daily Kos has a long history of editing quotes and smearing people. McEnany is not a liar. BUt the Daily Kos is. They lie, distort, and edit things all the time to smear people they don't like. They will literally edit the quote to make it seem like Trump gave the order to make him look bad. You citing quotes from that site is like me trying to cite Brietbart for Obama quots. I guarantee you would be saying the same things I am if I did that.The Daily Kos is NOT a legit news source at all. It is a propaganda site. Your "source" is garbage. Period.

EDIT: This does give a clear picture of who you really are.

EDIT2: FOund a video independent of that propaganda site to give full context that The DailyKos chopped off(not surprising). She stated that no tear gas or rubber bullets were used. The order she said Trump gave was he wanted to go to the church and did not give details or specifics on how to do that. Everything I said that happened and how it happened.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2020-06-03 at 09:56 PM.

You ahve to do a lot better than a far left propaganda site notorious for making stuff up as a source. The Daily Kos is not a legit news source AT ALL.
    You've got a lot of nerve questioning anyone's sources.

10+ Year Old Account
    The article literally did. It literally says he lies all the time. Oh and The Daily Kos has a long history of editing quotes and smearing people. McEnany is not a liar. BUt the Daily Kos is. They lie, distort, and edit things all the time to smear people they don't like. The Daily Kos is NOT a legit news source at all. It is a propaganda site. Period.
    Raw video, timestamp at 5:00. Stop lying. Also Kayleigh Mcenany is a woman, you prawn.

Last edited by Elegiac; 2020-06-03 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    AN has been gone in like forever, the MSI even more so, so I have no idea where were you aiming at there. Salvini's stance has always been aimed at crippling illegal immigration and the human traffickers who profit from it, not all immigration from certain countries à la Trump - as well as requesting the EU to revise the Dublin Convention (and for good reason, Italy was drowning in debt already, so much so that it couldn't sustain millions of Italians leaving in literal poverty. I see no racism in that. Nor do I see

CasaPound is known for illegally occupying buildings, disregarding LE directives when organizing protests and clashing with them, and even threatening LE with the prospect of "bloodbaths" (sic). The police doesn't like that. CasaPound doesn't like the police. Your friends' sisters might keep her ideas to herself, or might not have anything against the police herself, but her personal experience doesn't really account for much.

As to chat groups, sure, there are bound to be fascist cells in the police. And there are bound to be neo-BR cells within the anarcho-communists. And there are bound - oh wait, that's not a hypothetical, there are chat groups where magistrates were literally caught saying "Salvini did nothing wrong, but we have to go after him for political reasons". Truly a bad moment to bring chat groups into the discussion. Palamara & associates send their worried regards.
    that the rhetoric its pretty similar. for example i still remember 24/5/2018 when salvini said that he was "ready to walk to Roma" (refeering the 25/5 with march on Roma). its not patently fascism apology, but someone should be very dumb to not understand the meaning...

lol, this is the reason because salvini didnt change "bossi fini", made tons of illegals denying them their previous permission with the "safety decree" and deserted every single meeting about the dublin convention (i mean, not only personally him, but lega nord as a whole). from this point of view he is even worse than previous lega nord, at least before they were only exalted haters, instead to actively producing the arguments for their propaganda...

lulz 2 charges, i saw worse things when protesting during the highschool, and lulz^2 about their occupation, basically in nearly 20 years they could only remove their sign (i hope its the right term). today they are still there even with Raggi claiming its finally the time to kick them.

last time i checked anarcho communist arent payed by taxes to protect us and they dont adopt an illegal ideology. even the magistrates technically arent doing anything illegal, they arent producing false evidencies, at max they could be over zealous. from a political stand point its clearly something wrong, but frankly in my private conversations i said thing waaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse than theirs
    Last edited by omeomorfismo; 2020-06-03 at 09:41 PM.

It literally says she lies all the time.
    That's because she does.

McEnany is not a liar.
    LMAO
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Charges against Officer who killed Floyd upgraded. Three other officers charges with aiding in death.

HUGE.

From a strictly legal standpoint: charging an officer with Second Degree murder is huge. Rarely if ever happens. For those without a criminal legal acumen, the multiple charges are brought and presented to a jury so that if the top charge, in this case Second Degree Murder, doesn't sit with the jury, there are lesser charges that can still be found guilty on. Hence the charges of:

2nd Degree Murder
    3rd Degree Murder
    Manslaughter
    (other non-killing charges)

This is typical strategy that prosecutors use so they can at least get a conviction on something. Plea deal will be interesting, if they decide to open that door.

- - - Updated - - -

It literally says she lies all the time. McEnany is not a liar.
    She does. She is. Objectively. Since Day 1 of her term.

This does give a clear picture of who you really are.
    It really does, doesn't it?