Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    She might die, I don't think it is guaranteed, perhaps something worse than death will happen to her like becoming the new Jailor of the damned via a double cross? I do however believe Malfurion is going to die this expansion as Tyrande has been said to play an important role and she is going to experience a great loss of some kind and this fits with her mirroring Illidan's use of ancient forbidden powers to save her people.
    I don't think Malfurion will die. If they planned for him to die, he would've died in BfA, either from Saurfang's axe or from the effects of that grave wound. I don't see the point of making him survive such a terrible scenario only to kill him literally in the next expansion.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I don't think Malfurion will die. If they planned for him to die, he would've died in BfA, either from Saurfang's axe or from the effects of that grave wound. I don't see the point of making him survive such a terrible scenario only to kill him literally in the next expansion.
    It could be an epic part of the intro cinematic when they are fending off the rampant undead in Icecrown. I feel like a powerful undead will kill him and she will try to find him in Ardenweald as we know she will be there for most of the expansion.

5+ Year Old Account
    It could be an epic part of the intro cinematic when they are fending off the rampant undead in Icecrown. I feel like a powerful undead will kill him and she will try to find him in Ardenweald as we know she will be there for most of the expansion.
    This would actually make sense, given what we know about SL so far. Besides, much like Sylvanas, Malfie boi is well past his expiration date - moreso when they apparently want to portray Tyrande as (yet another) edgy lady in SL.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Replace Arthas with Nathanos "Danuser" Blightcaller and I can see that happen. He'd finally get to fuck her.
    Jealous much?

It might happen since Blizzard loves shitting on night elf fans. What better way to do so than having a random monster kill Malfurion during the pre-patch?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    It might happen since Blizzard loves shitting on night elf fans. What better way to do so than having a random monster kill Malfurion during the pre-patch?
    That is why I think it is plausible unfortunately, though it could set up Malfurion becoming a wild god which could bridge us to an Emerald Dream expansion as he would likely be our emissary.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Well received VILLAIN yes. But never loved.

Sylvanas is not a Mary Sue, since nothing ever goes her way.

Anduin and Jaina, on the other hand, are text book Mary Sues.
    Jaina is a Mary Sue? I don't think you understand what it means. Losing the kingdom she grew up in, watching her BF go Lich King, running to the other side of the world only to watch as her father got killed, only to watch the same people whom she let kill her father blow up the city she worked for years to build and so on... Yeah, textbook Mary Sue, everything ever goes her way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Jaina is a Mary Sue?
    Maybe not a full fledged one, but she is quite Sue-ish nevertheless.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Gul'dan was one of the most well-received WoW villains in yeaarrrss.
    Sylvanus is considered by most players I talk to as a cringy mary sue and the people that like her are simps and waifu pillow collectors.

Infracted.
    You should maybe try talking to people outside your tiny bubble of friends. If anyone in this game is a Mary-Sue, its Golden's boy-toy Anduin.

- - - Updated - - -

Jaina is a Mary Sue? I don't think you understand what it means. Losing the kingdom she grew up in, watching her BF go Lich King, running to the other side of the world only to watch as her father got killed, only to watch the same people whom she let kill her father blow up the city she worked for years to build and so on... Yeah, textbook Mary Sue, everything ever goes her way.
    And based on your reply, you quite *obviously* don't understand Mary-Sues. oof.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-06-03 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    This would actually make sense, given what we know about SL so far. Besides, much like Sylvanas, Malfie boi is well past his expiration date - moreso when they apparently want to portray Tyrande as (yet another) edgy lady in SL.

I´m sure it would make sense for Blizzard. But is Malfurion past his expiration date? When did he or the NE at all got to shine?

As far as i see it, it would be another original character slaughtered for absolutely no gain whatsoever. It looks like the current writing team is under the illusion that they are SO far better than anyone who created this universe and that original characters are not needed. At best, only as a vehicle to their vision of Warcraft.

Which i´m sure we will see after SL. Not that i´m against it, I enjoy watching a dumpster fire as much as any other person.

Jaina is a Mary Sue. While she is not perfect, everything is forgiven for her, nothing has any real consequences. She shows up when needed and suddenly has all the power she needs to stop x and y, despite we know she didn´t have that before and it´s a clear lore break. Her character as well switches as needed for the story. Jaina has come from being a potential interesting lore character and really powerful young woman to a fucking joke. THAT doesn´t mean that there were not a few good moments in BFA which explored her past, but again...it was shoved aside as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by cirdanx View Post
    Jaina is a Mary Sue. While she is not perfect, everything is forgiven for her, nothing has any real consequences. She shows up when needed and suddenly has all the power she needs to stop x and y, despite we know she didn´t have that before and it´s a clear lore break. Her character as well switches as needed for the story. Jaina has come from being a potential interesting lore character and really powerful young woman to a fucking joke. THAT doesn´t mean that there were not a few good moments in BFA which explored her past, but again...it was shoved aside as soon as possible.
    I'm sorry to break it for you, but this applies to most characters in WoW. As far as power level is concerned, it's all just rule of cool and make-believe combined, and as for consequences, the only characters ever taking any consequences are villains that are almost always killed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Is she?

Does this mean gul'dan had a subset fandom who saw gul'dan as their wafuu?
    Calm down Satan. Why would you do this to my imagination. Why.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    So, she'll also be disintegrated into ash in the second raid? I wonder by who. My vote is for Tyrande.
    GENN FREAKING GILNEAS GUNSLINGER GREYMANE
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

I'm sorry to break it for you, but this applies to most characters in WoW. As far as power level is concerned, it's all just rule of cool and make-believe combined, and as for consequences, the only characters ever taking any consequences are villains that are almost always killed.
    You don´t need to be sorry, you are not “breaking” anything to me.

Does it really? If you are implying that Blizzard sucks with their numbers and power levels, then yes that is correct. Yet, some rules do have to stand or it´s becoming a joke.

Jaina is a prime example of that rules.
    The rules being: “What do we know about X character” and “What can he/she/it do”

Jaina fails that test.

She might be the most powerful human mage (mentioned once), but she is still nothing compared to an Aethas Sunreaver, who she couldn´t even scratch. So where does that leave her power level? Certainly not at what we are shown in BfA. Absolutely not. Not only are we not told WHY she is there, she just shows up because she is awesome and a deus ex machina to prevent the alliance from losing.

She can levitate a ship across a huge distance, generate arcane canons that just blast thru a thick wall and suddenly we are told that she can freeze the blight ( I assume rather the air), how handy, why no mage thought of that whenever it was used is beyond me, but Jaina is special

Oh and her shield protects from the blight, a blight we have been told can only be protected from Dreadlord magic. Hm. But who cares, Jaina can do that.

AND i´m playing an alliance character, or rather played, she is constantly out of line and has powers she shouldn´t have. I have seen lots of people complaining about “green jesus Thrall” during Cata but she pulls up powers that are nothing compared to what he showed (and then it was at least explained). Food for thought, it was also Thrall who stopped Jaina when she was going for Orgrimmar (before any world shaman stuff).

Point being, Jaina is NOT that powerful, her showing that powers out of nowhere and being right on point is a Mary Sue.

And that doesn´t even cover her terrible and ruined character arc.

Blizzard hero characters face no serious consequences unless they die.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Well, Blizzard didn't lie. They said she wasn't Garrosh 2.0.
    Ha..good point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ausoin View Post
    Warlords of Draenor for Guldan was BFA for Sylvanas, we foil their plains, again and again, while they continue to smirk and play their 4D chess games, they both fuck off at the end to summon their true masters through a giant portal to kickstart the new expansion and she will die in the first big patch raid like Guldan.

Sylvanas will find the soul of Arthas and will try to make him an avatar for the Jailer to invade Azeroth directly, at the end she will scream NO, THIS CANNOT BE! while Arthas appears behind her and sticks Frostmourne in her vagina and she explodes. Then he will turn around and say that we have seen what he has seen and to follow him into the abyss.

Edit: Another similarity, both at the end of WOD and BFA after Guldan and Sylvanas leave their respective Horde factions, both factions start screaming about freedom and honor alongside the people they wanted to genocide 2 days before.

It's like poetry it rhymes.
    Really? In her VaJayJay? That should make for a interesting cutscene

Well... if that means she will meet a terrible end at the hands of a redeemed Arthas, im ok with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Well... if that means she will meet a terrible end at the hands of a redeemed Arthas, im ok with that.
    Yes because Arthas needs redemtion...*smacks you in the head with all lore books"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Calm down Satan. Why would you do this to my imagination. Why.
    gul'dan
    thong
    gul'dan
    thong
    gul'dan
    thong
    #boycottchina

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    My personal theory is that Alleria has all the "cool" stuff of Sylvanas (edgy, OP, hawt), with none of the drawbacks (tHiS WorLD iS a pr1Son!1!!)... yet. And she's still alive, which can be quite important when it comes to choosing muh waifu
    honestly we just don't understand how deep and how much of an enigma wrapped into a enigma they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol