5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassian Bob View Post
    That's interesting. Without Blizzard giving us any details, the slightly more teal hue to the blood elf blue eyes could be seen as a reemergence of blue eyes after fel exposure, rather than a never-effected blue. Whereas the void elf options could be seen as more "never-fel'd" hues.
    Yeah that's what I was thinking, still too early tho and since in the official preview the Blood Elves have the non-teal blue eyes it could just be WIP they don't have it atm.

It does look funny tho cuz it comes off as Blizzard going 'MUST.NOT.GIVE.BLUE.EYES.' as if there's a certain sect on the time not wanting it done lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Indara View Post
    Does anyone know if there will be new hairstyles to the new skin colours or are we gonna have to use hair with tentacles for them?
    Still too early to tell. The new skins for instance aren't in this build I believe. There's still many months before Shadowlands is out and thus much time to see whether or not certain cosmetic options are happening or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Holy shit Helf fans are feasting right now that's crazy after years and years of starving lmao.
    HELL YEAH it feels so good!

Quote Originally Posted by Indara View Post
    Does anyone know if there will be new hairstyles to the new skin colours or are we gonna have to use hair with tentacles for them?
    No word yet, but it's quite possible. The June 9th Live Shadowlands Update from the devs may reveal more options. We'll just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    From what I understand, when Vereesa got her new purple eyes it changed the eyes of every female High Elf as well. The males still have blue eyes. Honestly Vereesa probably needs her own unique model. If she had one this wouldn't have happened I think.
    I think the devs chose to replace the old high elf female eye (which was purplish blue with white schlera) with a full purple eye.
    The males still have teal eyes.

I think the males will eventually get changed to purple as well. To give high elves their own identity.

Which is fun. When everyone got blue eyes, high elves get purple. So, no one has high elves!
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Yeah that's what I was thinking, still too early tho and since in the official preview the Blood Elves have the non-teal blue eyes it could just be WIP they don't have it atm.

It does look funny tho cuz it comes off as Blizzard going 'MUST.NOT.GIVE.BLUE.EYES.' as if there's a certain sect on the time not wanting it done lol
    Haha quite possible! Only time will tell, I suppose. Still really hoping we all get Farstrider war paint and/or runic tattoos before the customisation passes are finished!

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I think the devs chose to replace the old high elf female eye (which was purplish blue with white schlera) with a full purple eye.

I think the males will eventually get changed to purple as well. To give high elves their own identity.

Which is fun. When everyone got blue eyes, high elves get purple. So, no one has high elves!
    That would be a hilarious plot twist...

5+ Year Old Account
    Haha quite possible! Only time will tell, I suppose. Still really hoping we all get Farstrider war paint and/or runic tattoos before the customisation passes are finished!
    Yes the warpaint/tattoos would really be cherry on top

You know, some of those skins deserve red eyes as an option.

Blizzard, give blood elves red eyes. Even if it's not the exact same as the fully red dark ranger eyes. Give them red with pupils! And fiery orange! Throw a bone to the blood elves, a high elf fan asks you to!

(And then give void elves those same purple eyes with pupils that high elf NPCs as using while you are at it).
    Whatever...

No word yet, but it's quite possible. The June 9th Live Shadowlands Update from the devs may reveal more options. We'll just have to wait and see.
    Oh I can't believe that's next week!

TBH I don't think we are getting new hairstyles on VE's now; we will probably get them when the rest of AR get revamped, so... it might take a while.

What I am expecting is they redo the BE skin tones for VE to change the nail color and underwear, so they exist as unique files rather than being literally shared with BE's.

And at most some hair color options cause it does feel weird if we only get skin tones and eyes but not.. hair dye?

- - - Updated - - -

It's so weird; I really hope they just give the purple eyes to some High Elves, not all NPC's -it doesn't make sense for the Highvale!-

I really hope they don't just give NPC HE's purple eyes just cause, I wouldn't get it XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes the warpaint/tattoos would really be cherry on top
    I would be set if we got those. I fear Blizz is worrying that if Thalassians got them it would step on the toes of the new Wildhammer tattoo customisation for dwarves, but I think, if they stick to swirly patterns like those seen on Alleria, it could be differentiated enough.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    It's so weird; I really hope they just give the purple eyes to some High Elves, not all NPC's -it doesn't make sense for the Highvale!-

I really hope they don't just give NPC HE's purple eyes just cause, I wouldn't get it XD
    The thing is that it's unlikely that the devs will care about adjusting appearances for old NPCs. WoW has a plethora of NPCs, after all. So, it's a batch process in which they decide that old option X translates to new option Z, and all NPCs with that same options get the same result.

However, any future NPCs will probably get more variety.
    Whatever...

I would be set if we got those. I fear Blizz is worrying that if Thalassians got them it would step on the toes of the new Wildhammer tattoo customisation for dwarves, but I think, if they stick to swirly patterns like those seen on Alleria, it could be differentiated enough.
    Yeh, specially considering how many races have tattoos, is just not a specific thing -like all the first AR got tattoos, except for VE's lol-

besdies, Alleria's designs are pretty unique and unlike any other races both on design and material (hers look more like shimmering paint)

- - - Updated - - -

The thing is that it's unlikely that the devs will care about adjusting appearances for old NPCs. WoW has a plethora of NPCs, after all. So, it's a batch process in which they decide that old option X translates to new option Z, and all NPCs with that same options get the same result.

However, any future NPCs will probably get more variety.
    That's very likely lol. I do hope they change it to a more regular blue eye color for all NPC's and give the new purple one to specific ones.

What eye color are males using so far btw? The old one, or one of the new player options?

What eye color are males using so far btw? The old one, or one of the new player options?
    The old one does not exist anymore. It's one of the player options. I think it's the brighest one of the 3 blues.
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe Vereesas's Hearthstone artwork was the inspiration behind the update for her new eyes.

5+ Year Old Account
    Same, I believe inspiration from Alleria's is the way to go.

Honestly they've been really on point with taking in feedback lately and I believe there was an EU thread made that does ask for Alleria-like tattoos with a blue responding essentially 'tell us more, we love the ideas!'

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    I believe Vereesas's Hearthstone artwork was the inspiration behind the update for her new eyes.

[IMG]https://i.pinimg.com/736x/36/d6/af/36d6af4499f68c8b47048a433df2b487.jpg[/IG]
    Indeed, it harkens back to Liadrin's Hearthstone image of gold eyes before getting them in WoW!

Oh I can't believe that's next week!

TBH I don't think we are getting new hairstyles on VE's now; we will probably get them when the rest of AR get revamped, so... it might take a while.

What I am expecting is they redo the BE skin tones for VE to change the nail color and underwear, so they exist as unique files rather than being literally shared with BE's.

And at most some hair color options cause it does feel weird if we only get skin tones and eyes but not.. hair dye?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not holding my breath for new hairstyles... but I think new hair colors could happen at the same time the new skins hit alpha.

5+ Year Old Account
    @DeicideUH good vid by SB! The dark skin tones actually look soooo good and I'm happy they'll be coming over to Void Elves too. Also it appears that Void Elves are getting a total of 6 eye color options so there's a strong choice they could actually get purple eyes as an option.

Even on the female one, when SB was previewing it the 2nd option looked like it had a tint of purple (could just be seeing things though!).

All in all awesome, shucks that human skin tons or 'High Elf options', as SB put it, aren't in yet! Hopefully next builds

Also love the idea about Blood Elves getting red eyes and fiery orange ones! Fits them well!

The old one does not exist anymore. It's one of the player options. I think it's the brighest one of the 3 blues.
    I figured; so honestly it could go either way given the evidence so far, but I do hope the NPC's remain with blue eyes and some like Vereesa get the purple ones to stand out.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not holding my breath for new hairstyles... but I think new hair colors could happen at the same time the new skins hit alpha.
    Agreed, I think new hairstyles are very very unlikely currently, but at least some hair colors would fit with the added skin tones, it would be very arbitrary to leave them out -but likely-

But I do think we will be definitely getting new hair colors with the rest of the AR, now, how "HE" those might be is truly unknown. Maybe a white and a "sandy" pale color but not really blonde.

Also given the preview, I hope we are getting jet black with the alpha. Seems likely so fingers crossed.

@DeicideUH good vid by SB! The dark skin tones actually look soooo good and I'm happy they'll be coming over to Void Elves too. Also it appears that Void Elves are getting a total of 6 eye color options so there's a strong choice they could actually get purple eyes as an option.
    Void elves actually got 7 eye color options, but the females are lacking the purple one (I reported it as a bug just in case). The males have it.

Even on the female one, when SB was previewing it the 2nd option looked like it had a tint of purple (could just be seeing things though!).
    That's not the true purple one. The purple one is a lot more noticiable!
    Whatever...

Indeed, it harkens back to Liadrin's Hearthstone image of gold eyes before getting them in WoW!
    Right? some cool things had made it into wow from HS, and it gives me hope Vereesa will have a role this expansion -even if just the pre-expansion event- that they choose to update her character even if a bit.

Cause TBH Vereesa and temporarely Valeera are the only elves that have been portrayed with purple eyes, and since the former is the latest depiction, kinda feels it's for her. Otherwise, what's the purpose of adding purple eyes to elves?

My best guess is that it might be to differentiate the HE's that reside on Dalaran, yet still I don't get the urgency to add it as a visual, unless it's something they wanted to add for Vereesa because she will have a relevant role-

Hopefully its an option for Void Elves as well. Blood Elves keep gold and green exclusive, and Void Elves keep purple exclusive.
    I think it's a Void Elf exclusive thing.

Right now it's Death Knight exclusive, though, which I would assume is a bug.

- - - Updated - - -

IMO I think it's a bug since all female HE NPC's shared one eye color, and now that eye color is nowhere to be found. I don't think it's a mistake that it got replaced with purple tho, I do think that's meant to be used for several NPC's, but not all. I think some of them will use new player character blue eyes.
    Pretty much this, yep!

5+ Year Old Account
    Void elves actually got 7 eye color options, but the females are lacking the purple one (I reported it as a bug just in case). The males have it.

That's not the true purple one. The purple one is a lot more noticiable!
    Ah I see!!! Hopefully it means purple ones are coming similar to how the human skin tones haven't shown up on Void Elves yet!