5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    "Everything"

hairstyles, hair colors, jewelry (the necklaces on female go over armor), golden eyes, green eyes

stop exaggerating. all of these are visible on first glance
    Yup, and those are all huge things that are kept unique. You can very firmly be an iconic Blood Elf and the Alliance players do not get that at all!

Conversely, you can be an iconic Void Elf and Horde players do not get that at all!!

What's shared are the iconic 'High Elf' look. Which is pretty much human skin tones + blue eyes.

An argument for hair color can be made, but there's at least one regular hair color coming to void elves (black) which fits with the normal hair colors High Elves often have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    Still no Dark Ranger or San’layn options, which I really would love to see. I’ve already conceded to all other arguments and I’m not trying to start one but I’d love some extra options for Blood Elves, especially if they’re darker in nature.
    The more the merrier! They should allow it at this point imo!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I'm all for Darkfallen aesthetics for the Blood Elves!

I hope we will get that with return of the rightful king.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutally Honest View Post
    It's not just the race name. It's also the racials, heritage gear, race mount etc. Everything that makes a race distinct in the game.

Void Elves are just not High Elves. They are corrupted, and you can't ignore that. It's part of their identity. Just making the hair blonde and the eyes blue won't change that.
    It can if you let it. It’s called role play or head cannon. Your night elf can be from Darnassus or Dire Maul. Your human can be from Stormwind, Gilneas, Alterac, Lordearan, or Stromguarde. My gnome is from Dalaran and if gnomes get glowing eyes, she’ll use the purple ones.

You don’t have to use the heritage armor or the mount. Racials are easy to ignore and quest text calling you a “void elf” is as inconsequential as calling you a troll if you’re playing a Zandalari.

Jaina is a Kul Tiran even if she looks nothing like the playable ones and doesn’t have the racials.
    Last edited by Edoll; 2020-06-04 at 06:49 AM.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutally Honest View Post
    It's not about where your character is from. If you have Void racials and you start out with all your Void buddies in a Void rift, you're a Void Elf. You can pretend you're not, but you'd be wrong.

Jaina being a Kul Tiran is a completely inadequate comparison. Not all Kul Tirans are fat.
    With that logic, Wildhammer tattoos being added for dwarves still make them Bronzebeard. Even though they were added for the sole reason to allow Wildhammer Dwarves as a playable option without having to create an AR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    The problem is that right now from what it seems EVERYTHING blood elf is going to Void Elf without something on the Blood elf side that keeps things separate. Void Elves still have the void stuff that makes them unique. So a skin type or something major should remain on the blood elf side to let them have something unique to blood elves. Jewellery under armour really isn't going to cut it. Essentially it needs to be something you can see at first glance like skin tones. Maybe undead elf skins to balance the void skins.
    A fully armored VE could not be told apart from a BE til now. BEs still have more customizations like hair, ornaments etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I made a small gallery of randomized blood elf appearances from alpha:

https://imgur.com/a/bTRWqGP
    It's not too shocking the little ears, I like it.
    This option would also be good for void elves.
    Last edited by Frenchvince; 2020-06-04 at 07:46 AM.

Why would blood elves get red eyes and grey skin options? Didnt all of the belf dark rangers flew the coop with Sylvanas, or are still working for her undercover? I know the nelf dark rangers took off with Calia, but I assumed Sylvanas's personal entourage left too. And the Darkfallen (the undead belf vampires?) were killed off in Voldun?

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Yup, and those are all huge things that are kept unique. You can very firmly be an iconic Blood Elf and the Alliance players do not get that at all!

Conversely, you can be an iconic Void Elf and Horde players do not get that at all!!

What's shared are the iconic 'High Elf' look. Which is pretty much human skin tones + blue eyes.

An argument for hair color can be made, but there's at least one regular hair color coming to void elves (black) which fits with the normal hair colors High Elves often have.

- - - Updated - - -

The more the merrier! They should allow it at this point imo!
    I would be totally fine with white hair option to make my Velf look like Helf, and maybe couple of new hairstyles who don't scream edgy, wet emo hair, but Helf.

Personally, I don't like new darker tones on Belfs at all, they lose their belf look, but if people want them sure, why not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Yeh, specially considering how many races have tattoos, is just not a specific thing -like all the first AR got tattoos, except for VE's lol-

besdies, Alleria's designs are pretty unique and unlike any other races both on design and material (hers look more like shimmering paint)
    Yeah, that's true. Hopefully they're going to figure out a way to make them distinct. I think asymmetry would be a good way to go for the war paint designs to separate them from Wildhammer options for example (again a la Alleria and WC2 rangers).

Same, I believe inspiration from Alleria's is the way to go.

Honestly they've been really on point with taking in feedback lately and I believe there was an EU thread made that does ask for Alleria-like tattoos with a blue responding essentially 'tell us more, we love the ideas!'
    Here's hoping! /crossfingers

5+ Year Old Account
    Why does it exactly matter If you can tell them apart or not? You can't tell Pandarens apart, but you still can.
    That said, I don't mind differences and so far the eye colour for Velf and Belf are different.

With Velf resembling High Elf more than Blood Elf does, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Why would blood elves get red eyes and grey skin options? Didnt all of the belf dark rangers flew the coop with Sylvanas, or are still working for her undercover? I know the nelf dark rangers took off with Calia, but I assumed Sylvanas's personal entourage left too. And the Darkfallen (the undead belf vampires?) were killed off in Voldun?
    Velonara, a prominent dark ranger, says that she and other dark rangers decided to stay with the Horde and she identifies both the Sin'dorei and the Forsaken as her people. She does say that some of her comrades stayed loyal to Sylvanas until the bitter end, however.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    If you're talking about "actual race", then your points are meaningless
    for you apparently, but this is not for you to decide
    because the idea of "actual race" does not pertain as a pre-requisite for new races or allied races.
    indeed it does, as blizzard own words said the allied races are indeed another races/subraces, and they never added in the game the same race but with another group, neither in the other faction

If they put alterac humans - the same as stormwind humans - in the horde, then i will agree with you that is meaningless

If two groups are of the same race, it's meaningless.
    Same as above, nothing implied that, all of your false analogy don't change that
    That doesn't stop them from being valid candidates to become playable "race" options.
    it literally does, just like they are not making wildhammer an "playable race" option as another allied race, they being the same race as dwarves, will come as just customization

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Well, then why you continue to argue with people that are talking about groups?.
    no one was talking about groups, i was talking with others about races, not a single time the term group, was brought up, him, quoted me arguing for the sake of argue, he keep doing this a lot

Specially when race as you see it is irrelevant to political affiliation
    nothing in the game say that is irrelevant, per see, we only have different races playable, not groups as their full fledged stand alone thing,

Would be nice to have Darkfallen skin/eyes unlocked for Blood Elves after a quest, like Night Warrior Night Elves.
    Something involving vampire Kael'Thas maybe?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    why void elves would get blood elf skin options too? it rly matters anymore?

If void elves are basically 2 races in one, having all blood elf skin tones, plus their void elf ones, plus apparently unique eye-colors, is only fair that either blood elves get to rp as another race with the darkfallen or all of void elves eye colors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    What I never understood...
    If high elves where mutated high borne... Why do they have blue eyes?
    Speaking of night elves, female will finally get the option to have golden eyes. And so far it's always said that high borne have golden eyes and regular kaldorei blue eyes. So why do high elves have blue eyes?
    Golden eyes were a really, really rare thing back before the Sundering. Only known specimens were Illidan and Azshara. Regular Highborne had silver and blueish eyes like High Elves and Nightborne after them. If you go back to do the Xe'Ra - Illidan flashback questiline in Legion, you will see that Blizzard used Death Knight skins for male night elves in the first flashback cutscene where Stormrages were infants. They did that to give them blue eyes instead of golden, because golden eyes weren't a thing back then. (Since then the Death Knight eye effect change has made that cutscene bit broken).

Practicing Druidic magic CAN turn Kaldorei's eyes golden, and that is the reason golden eyes are common these days on male night elves. Most of them are druids or very least been near one for the last several thousands of years.

7+ Year Old Account
    Might be cheating to mention it here, but Blood Elf males got some more options now in the Wowhead dressing room (Ears, new beards).

I just worry I made my character too hot for this world. https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/dres...zLA8M2m8z4J87R

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    indeed it does, as blizzard own words said the allied races are indeed another races/subraces, and they never added in the game the same race but with another group, neither in the other faction

If they put alterac humans - the same as stormwind humans - in the horde, then i will agree with you that is meaningless
    No, it's not. Kul'tirans are exactly the same race as stormwind humans. Blizzard just made some of the "race" burly and bigger for differentiation. Void elves and gilneans are another example: they are blood elves and humans, respectively. Hell: the gilnean curse is not hereditary, meaning the children of a gilnean is a normal human.

it literally does,
    Except it doesn't, as shown by our current selection of playable races.

no one was talking about groups, i was talking with others about races, not a single time the term group, was brought up, him, quoted me arguing for the sake of argue, he keep doing this a lot
    I've already explained that. When people use the word "race" when talking about playable races, it's being talked about groups. Because that's what you are, as a "playable race": a group within said race.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm assuming and hoping these arcane bags under the eyes are not going to be a permanent fixture... ^^'

(tfw you're hungover on arcwine)

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I think the devs chose to replace the old high elf female eye (which was purplish blue with white schlera) with a full purple eye.
    The males still have teal eyes.

I think the males will eventually get changed to purple as well. To give high elves their own identity.

Which is fun. When everyone got blue eyes, high elves get purple. So, no one has high elves!
    I'm thinking since the Silver Covenant is practically persona non grata and they have no more proper connection to the Sunwell, the Dalaran magic crystals is what coped them and that resulted in purple eyes
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

5+ Year Old Account
    The one in the middle is the one that has the most blue out of every of them, but lots of green also.

The other two are just teal, with equal amounts of green and blue.

And yeah, by placing these in paint these ones have more blue than the others.

I don't understand why they even try to make them look different at this point, they should have just released an Allied race, now everyone is just trapped in mediocrity.

I can see your point, but the difference is too minimal honestly, but it's there.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalassian Bob View Post
    I'm assuming and hoping these arcane bags under the eyes are not going to be a permanent fixture... ^^'

(tfw you're hungover on arcwine)
    They do not look so extreme in-game, it’s a thing with transparency settings in the dressing room. Compare it with my pictures:

Last edited by DeicideUH; 2020-06-04 at 01:33 PM.
    Whatever...