Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

I wish Masks were more rewarding

By this I mean I wish they awarded extra Echoes ontop of the extra Momentos.

Today on my Demon Hunter I did 12 Visions and 4 Mythic + 15 - 17 dungeons just to get enough Echoes to afford my Infinite Stars Rank 3 (Which boosted my dps by 12k....so worth it) However, as I was doing Visions, I did them without any masks cause It would award me the same # of Echoes no matter what.

I saw myself able to complete Visions in 10 - 15 mins, killing everything and ignoring the Crystals and such cause I was in a rush to get my Stars before Raid started. However, It kinda felt... wrong to be given the same # of Echoes as a 5 mask run vs a 0 mask run.

I feel like Masks should award Echoes like this

Each Mask increases the side Areas by 25 and the Main Chest by 50

This would mean if you do a 5 mask run, you get double the Echoes as a 0 mask run (750 for No Mask, 1500 for 5 Mask runs) which feels fair due to the extra challenge.

Would be nice sure, but I just do it 4-mask and get all the chests/crystals. 4 mask can almost feel like 0 mask...At least with good gear. Just avoid big pulls so you dont die by stupid spike dmg and use the % healing food. 5 mask is to much hazzle for me, so I just do it once a week. Takes 25? mins for me doing 4-mask with finding stuff.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Would be nice sure, but I just do it 4-mask and get all the chests/crystals. 4 mask can almost feel like 0 mask...At least with good gear. Just avoid big pulls so you dont die by stupid spike dmg and use the % healing food. 5 mask is to much hazzle for me, so I just do it once a week. Takes 25? mins for me doing 4-mask with finding stuff.
    The difference between 5 and 4 masks is not big enough to make losing 50% of your sanity worth it. I'd stick with 4 masks as well.

No, you could farm insane amounts of mementos with this. Don't forget you can buy a vessel for vision with echoes.

Imagine you have 10K echoes. if you buy vessels with it and do 5mask run. one rune will cost you 250 echos. with 10K echoes you will do 40 runs and that is 200K mementos. = 8 gems slots. = one gem slot will be worth 1250 echoes. that's waaaaay to low.
    Last edited by kappalol; 2020-06-04 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    The difference between 5 and 4 masks is not big enough to make losing 50% of your sanity worth it. I'd stick with 4 masks as well.
    huh? who cares about sanity? Sanity stopped being a factor at 65% reduction, now we got 80%.

The extra zone ability is the one thats cancerous.

I always only do one 5mask clear and the rest on 4 without the extra zone debuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kappalol View Post
    No, you could farm insane amounts of mementos with this. Don't forget you can buy a vessel for vision with echoes.

Imagine you have 10K echoes. if you buy vessels with it and do 5mask run. one rune will cost you 250 echos. with 10K echoes you will do 40 runs and that is 200K mementos. = 8 gems slots. = one gem slot will be worth 1250 echoes. that's waaaaay to low.
    they cost 1750iirc. and give 750 in return. So should be a netloss of 1000echoes converted into around 4k mementos for 20min of your time.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    huh? who cares about sanity? Sanity stopped being a factor at 65% reduction, now we got 80%.

I always only do one 5mask clear and the rest on 4 without the extra zone debuff.

- - - Updated - - -

they cost 1750iirc. and give 750 in return. So should be a netloss of 1000echoes converted into around 4k mementos for 20min of your time.
    Yes they give 750 now. What I wrote was scenario of OP where 5 run mask give 1500 echoes

100% This, 4 Masks are easy and since you fill up all your sanity with "Bosses" and Potions nonstop the extra Debuff is the best to skip.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    100% This, 4 Masks are easy and since you fill up all your sanity with "Bosses" and Potions nonstop the extra Debuff is the best to skip.
    even 5 mas is easy. can do easily without a single-use of orb or backup life.

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyfists View Post
    By this I mean I wish they awarded extra Echoes ontop of the extra Momentos.

Today on my Demon Hunter I did 12 Visions and 4 Mythic + 15 - 17 dungeons just to get enough Echoes to afford my Infinite Stars Rank 3 (Which boosted my dps by 12k....so worth it) However, as I was doing Visions, I did them without any masks cause It would award me the same # of Echoes no matter what.

I saw myself able to complete Visions in 10 - 15 mins, killing everything and ignoring the Crystals and such cause I was in a rush to get my Stars before Raid started. However, It kinda felt... wrong to be given the same # of Echoes as a 5 mask run vs a 0 mask run.

This would mean if you do a 5 mask run, you get double the Echoes as a 0 mask run (750 for No Mask, 1500 for 5 Mask runs) which feels fair due to the extra challenge.
    very very good idea.

imo amount of echoes should double for each mask worn

but it will never happen because blizzard gotta stretch that farm to boost MAU in july-january - before release of SL ^^

Quote Originally Posted by kappalol View Post
    even 5 mas is easy. can do easily without a single-use of orb or backup life.
    Yeah but i play it as a tank and without TD Procs bosses can be "hard" so 4 are better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    IMO the worst mask is actually Pained, because that's the one that forces mistakes out of you.

Once u done both zones a couple times it gets boring, so if it's just for echoes i run no mask.

500 a run is pretty generous. Ignoring the time spend to collect vials it is for the most part the most rewarding source beyond utterly stomping rbgs.

Wish they had more cosmetic rewards to it. I have done one vision since start of april myself and thats when a guildie asked for a boost.

It's just too repetitive to do it for "fun" for me, and I wish they had more cosmetic rewards attached to it.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-06-04 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyfists View Post

Not going to happen. That would allow players to do next to unlimited amount of vision (boost) runs for only 250 Echoes per run (1750 vessel cost - 1500 end reward).

Funny how people consider things very differently. I think the extra zone ability is one of the easiest.
    Then again, I only do 5 mask runs now, so it doesn't matter since I'm getting all anyway ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Maslenka View Post
    Not going to happen. That would allow players to do next to unlimited amount of vision (boost) runs for only 250 Echoes per run (1750 vessel cost - 1500 end reward).
    who has the IRL sanity to do that though.

ive done a 5er twice now. not really sure why it would be worth doing anymore. I guess i need to do it to finish org but im not trying to do a meme build its just so boring and rng bs more so than skill
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by Maslenka View Post
    I don't know about that. I have sold easily over 30+ runs and selling full chests isn't all that easy even with the carry having a full cape. Its doable but its rare enough that only a few whales could afford it.

I think rewards are ina good spot right now but this reasoning doesn't really hold up.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Yeah but i play it as a tank and without TD Procs bosses can be "hard" so 4 are better for me.
    You know you know you can change gear inside visions, right? Use Dev for trash, and something that doesn't have dogshit reliability for bosses..