10+ Year Old Account
    I think the main problem with it is the inequality of it. It is a very beneficial rule to have if you have an offense that can easily convert a 4th and 15 with explosive plays. But what about the teams who do not play offense that way?

The Titans for instance had a pretty good offense last year, but their explosive plays were only possible when the other team wasn't sure what to expect or was expecting a run. You are not going to fool anybody by faking a run on 4th and 15. People will expect pass and thus teams that rely on subterfuge to manufacture their explosive plays and are a more run heavy team otherwise are shit out of luck with a rule like this.

This would be a further nail in the coffin of teams that try to play balanced football, instead of the explosive, offensive minded football that the NFL desperately tries to promote. So, I'm honestly glad the NFL didn;t adapt it. This needs thorough testing before it gets implemented and it probably shouldn;t be done in the way that was proposed.

Cause teams will adapt to these rules as well and design and practice plays that will get them 15 yards, so the current success rate of these plays will go up from where it is now, and that will most likely make them TOO easy to convert. (even if "too easy" is still only 20-30%).

But, like with most of these issues in the NFL, they usually plow through the rule that makes for games that feel more exciting, even if the rules they adapt aren't equal. So I'm guessing this rule will get implemented in some form before long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its something I'd like to see them try in the preseason to shake out how it works. The consequences are less obvious than some other rule changes, and there is a lot of wiggle room to refine it if they did decide it was worth using.
    /s

I mean......who cares if some people play too conservative an offense to convert 4th and 15? Isn't it on teams to be creative and not be one dimensional?

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh you're more likely to see people design trick plays for it, shovel passes, flea flickers than straight up attempt a 4th and 15 with one out the standard playbook.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I mean......who cares if some people play too conservative an offense to convert 4th and 15? Isn't it on teams to be creative and not be one dimensional?
    Also consider that Tannehill was league leader in yards/attempt and yards/completion for those poor hapless Titans he used as an example, and their leading receiver was over 20 yards/catch. It was, honestly, a moronic argument, every team has to deal with obvious passing situations.
    /s

I'm glad the onside rule didn't pass. The NFL owners want to keep changing the game to the point where it will no longer be recognizable as football. The NFL of the 80s-90s was a perfect product.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Whelp, Drew Brees opened a can of worms on his hot take about the American flag and several of his WR's are unfollowing / calling him out. Cant wait to see how that rift is solved...

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't expect him to be in favor of it, but he really went all out didn't he?
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    Why is he even bringing it up now, at the worst possible time? No one was talking about kneeling in the NFL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hes gonna get canceled quicker than someone hating on kpop stans on twitter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Whelp, Drew Brees opened a can of worms on his hot take about the American flag and several of his WR's are unfollowing / calling him out. Cant wait to see how that rift is solved...
    Source.

During an interview with Yahoo Finance, Brees was asked how the NFL should respond, and what his personal responsibility is as a leader throughout the league, should players continue to kneel during the national anthem when the new season begins.

"I will never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag of the United States of America or our country," Brees responded.

Brees said part of his reasoning is that when the anthem is played he thinks about the risks both his grandfathers took while serving in the military during World War II. He said he also thinks "about all that has been sacrificed, not just those in the military, but for that matter, those throughout the civil rights movement of the '60s and all that has been endured by so many people until this point."
    What the fuck?

"I think it's wrong to call someone a murderer. It's so disrespectful to all those people he killed."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    No one was talking about kneeling in the NFL.
    Yes they were. They are saying "Kaepernik was right".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Yes they were. They are saying "Kaepernik was right".
    Of course he was right, everyone always knew he was right. But the conversation isn't about kneeling, that's been in the rearview for a while.
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course he was right, everyone always knew he was right. But the conversation isn't about kneeling, that's been in the rearview for a while.
    Gonna be really interesting this season because obviously these players are gonna kneel now. Theres gonna be little to no fans so ad revenue is gonna be an even bigger focus for the NFL. This week we've seen pretty much every brand chime in on the current event condemning racism and supporting BLM. So their previous hand of "make the players stand or we pull advertising" holds little to no water now. Those that attempt are still losing sight of the message and in turn showing that their statements made this week were empty, made in fear of being "canceled".

What a maroon. It's such a shitty take on the best of days, let alone with the state the country is in now. Brainlets like Brees have no idea what patriotism means.

Maybe this means Saints fans will stop pretending he's the GOAT, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    What a maroon. It's such a shitty take on the best of days, let alone with the state the country is in now. Brainlets like Brees have no idea what patriotism means.

Maybe this means Saints fans will stop pretending he's the GOAT, too.
    Maybe he's taken too many shots to the head and needs a better helmet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Man if only everybody else who said stupid shit got as much blowback as Brees has they might learn something. Hopefully Drew learns something.
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Gonna be really interesting this season because obviously these players are gonna kneel now. Theres gonna be little to no fans so ad revenue is gonna be an even bigger focus for the NFL. This week we've seen pretty much every brand chime in on the current event condemning racism and supporting BLM. So their previous hand of "make the players stand or we pull advertising" holds little to no water now. Those that attempt are still losing sight of the message and in turn showing that their statements made this week were empty, made in fear of being "canceled".
    I guess I’m more cynical because I think them going back to condemning it (although more subtly) is exactly what will happen. Similar to how cops get arrested in these kinds of killings and it’s a big deal but when you keep Up with the story For a year or 2 they get found guilty of like third degree manslaughter, get no prison time, And leave the force with back pay then go into private security or another precinct.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's incredible how the most accurate Quarterback in the history of the NFL manages to miss the point by such a wide margin.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I’m more cynical because I think them going back to condemning it (although more subtly) is exactly what will happen. Similar to how cops get arrested in these kinds of killings and it’s a big deal but when you keep Up with the story For a year or 2 they get found guilty of like third degree manslaughter, get no prison time, And leave the force with back pay then go into private security or another precinct.
    I honestly see it playing out like that. People have a short term memory now days.

It will be cool if this nfl season is about football and not covid or politics.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .