Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Void Elf Paladin and Zandalari Warlock

Void Elves are finally able to become high elves, elves also have a connection to light, like Paladins
    -> void elf paladin needs to happen if and dark iron paladins are a thing already

Zandalari need to be warlocks and the scales are evened out.

I mean, sure. I honestly think class/race restrictions are pointless to begin with when you've got LF Shadow priests, VElf Holy priests, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor View Post
    Void Elves are finally able to become high elves, elves also have a connection to light, like Paladins
    -> void elf paladin needs to happen if and dark iron paladins are a thing already

meh, I wouldn't be surprised if they did that, since they made Lightforged Draenei deathknights, everything is possible at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    meh, I wouldn't be surprised if they did that, since they made Lightforged Draenei deathknights, everything is possible at this point.
    Oh yeah, that too. Agreed. I mean there's a few that are kind of 'meh, I guess?' lore wise, like Maghar Warlocks, but you could easily spin that anyway you want. In that particular case, I know not ALL maghars didn't drink the blood and started dipping into fel magics.

So, whatever, just let people play what they want.

There's a void elf in-game who wears a corrupted version of a paladin tier. The implications are obvious. If Blizzard will ever make class skins, VE paladins will be the first to become playable. Just paint their skills purple instead of yellow and it's done. Void elves are also one of the most played Alliance races (their numbers will also greatly increase once they get pink skin tones and the reputation requirement is removed), so it would only make sense to increase their class roster.

Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-06-04 at 03:00 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Then I want to be able to play as a Draenei Warlock. Give them the option for an Eredar skin tone, some kind of AssPull as to why a faction of Eredar deserted and joined the Alliance - (or the Horde, whatever, after all both factions now have Blood Elves, so the Horde could have Eredars, it's not like Blizzard has problems with AssPulls), et voilà!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    Oh yeah, that too. Agreed. I mean there's a few that are kind of 'meh, I guess?' lore wise, like Maghar Warlocks, but you could easily spin that anyway you want. In that particular case, I know not ALL maghars didn't drink the blood and started dipping into fel magics.

So, whatever, just let people play what they want.
    Perhaps Blizzard is hinting at letting every race play every class, exluding DH. Look at the allied races, even those that didn't make sense, ended up being as a DK.(Panda and Lightforged).

Remember back in Legion in Paladin order Halls? A night elf has became a Paladin.

ALSO out of the blue, Blizzard decided to "Gnome Hunters"

ALSO in legion, we learnt anyone can be with the light, and which classes in WOW are with the Light? Paladins and Priests.
    For heaven sake, a dread lord was with the light also

Vid for Nightelf to Paladin:

Last edited by yomammyass; 2020-06-04 at 03:21 PM.

I doubt it will happen.

Yes, people can roleplay high elves with the new options. (Heck plenty of people have rped high elves using human or void elf models in the past and just typing out descriptions of what their characters looked like in rp addons.)

But they're still VOID elves outside of RP. Not high elves, just void elves that don't look overtly mutated/changed.

Draenei shadow priests and void elf holy priests exist because they can't give one spec to a race without giving the entire class to it. Almost any race can be a priest because light or shadow is bound to fit well enough for any given race. Priest is able to fit a very broad scope because of its two specs that represent opposites.

Paladins and warlocks on the other hand, do not have that dichotomy. That's not to say there are 0 differences between the specs of course. But they aren't so jarring and different thematically as holy and shadow are for priest.

Void elves have holy priests because the alternative is denying them shadow priests.
    Draenei have shadow priests because the alternative is denying them holy priests.

Void elves having paladins is just giving them a 100% light themed class when the race is void themed. It's an apples and oranges comparison.

And as for Tauren paladins getting lore bendy with the 'sun druid' thing, from what I saw in Legion blizz doesn't really seem to care about that distinction anymore. And that was a lore twist born of necessity. They wanted more paladin options on horde. They wanted more races for tauren, who had only five (and four pre death knight) when Cataclysm came around. So they came up with the 'sun druid' thing to give Tauren two more classes and give the horde another paladin race besides blood elves.

At this point, there's no need for a lore twist in order to give the alliance another paladin and the horde another warlock. Nor do void elves/zandalari have that shortage of class options that Tauren had. So there's no drive to introduce these new combos.

Now, would it particularly bother me if they did add them? No. But I just don't see it as likely.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Void Elves' cultures don't support Paladins

Same for Zandalar and Warlocks

Honestly if they gave a race a new class what I want is lightforged monks because they currently have zero leather classes at all. I could be wrong but I think that's the only race/armor type combo missing at present.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor View Post

void elves arent becoming high elves, they just get skins that arent void colored (just like aleria has normal skin tone), their hair still has void emlements in it (like tentacles and stuff), they are still void infused, and light wont work with that

from a lore standpoint, when you make a zandalari character, you are a civilian from the zandalari empire, there arent any warlocks in the zandalari empire, there probably are some rogue warlock on zuldazar, but just like there arent any tauren rogues in the bloodhoof clan (while the grimtotem clan has tauren rogues), there are no warlocks in the zandalari empire

Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    Then I want to be able to play as a Draenei Warlock. Give them the option for an Eredar skin tone, some kind of AssPull as to why a faction of Eredar deserted and joined the Alliance - (or the Horde, whatever, after all both factions now have Blood Elves, so the Horde could have Eredars, it's not like Blizzard has problems with AssPulls), et voilà!
    Yeah! That would be cool. Give the Highmountain tauren warlocks too.

Perhaps Blizzard is hinting at letting every race play every class, exluding DH. Look at the allied races, even those that didn't make sense, ended up being as a DK.(Panda and Lightforged).
    if you look at the lore behind allied race and pandaren DKs they do make perfect sense, they are soldiers who died in the 4th war (war between alliance and horde in BfA) and were raised as DKs by Bolvar after the events of BfA, hence why they have a new starting zone instead of using the scarlet enclave
    Last edited by valky94; 2020-06-04 at 04:36 PM.

I say give players the choice to make whatever character they want, no restrictions on race/class combos.

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    if you look at the lore behind allied race and pandaren DKs they do make perfect sense, they are soldiers who died in the 4th war (war between alliance and horde in BfA) and were raised as DKs by Bolvar after the events of BfA, hence why they have a new starting zone instead of using the scarlet enclave
    Nope. Go back and play Pandaria, this will explain the detail on how Pandaren are not suitable for chaos/death type classes like DK. At this point blizzard is not using the lore argument but rather gameplay > lore. Also, didn't bolvar DKS volunteer to be DKS, not corpses raised from the 4th war?

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    snip
    his abilities consist of arcane charge, bladestorm, whirlwind, pummel, heroic leap, thunder clap

a true paladin indeed

and those purple shoulders can be obtained by players from Goroth on LFR difficulty

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. Go back and play Pandaria, this will explain the detail on how Pandaren are not suitable for chaos/death type classes like DK. At this point blizzard is not using the lore argument but rather gameplay > lore. Also, didn't bolvar DKS volunteer to be DKS, not corpses raised from the 4th war?
    after the events of legion and you invading the ruby sanctum and killing a handful or os of red dragons as his champion, i kinda doubt that he asked for "volunteers"

and lets not forget the invasion of light hope chapel on his order to raise tirion as the leader of the horsemen

I would like zandalari warlocks and was really hoping for them, but void elf paladins? Ehhhh why not, i honestly wish theyd do away with race class restrictions.

7+ Year Old Account
    They really should do away with class/race restrictions, the only people who'd be upset are those that hold onto tradition for the sake of tradition.

Even DnD has moved past race/class restrictions in this day and age.

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    They really should do away with class/race restrictions, the only people who'd be upset are those that hold onto tradition for the sake of tradition.

Even DnD has moved past race/class restrictions in this day and age.
    I wouldn't necessarily mind, but I think that demon hunters and druids would prove an obstacle specifically.

Realistically every Blood Elf race including Demon hunters should be available to Void Elves as they were created from existing Blood Elves with classes already. You could maybe argue that no paladin was willing to look into the vold research but Demon Hunters most definitely would .

Quote Originally Posted by Brutally Honest View Post
    Void Elves aren't High Elves.
    They do imply that some void elves are high elves as they have high elves joining them in Telogrus rift.