Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    I have spent a fuck ton more on ESO, STWOR, GW2 individually then I have on WoW. Also ESO has a subscription, 100$ houses and other "micro transactions", plus loot boxes I wouldn't ever use that or SWTOR (where f2p had so many negative effects) as good F2P systems.

I'd much rather have a sub.

ESO couldn't even make it into the most players category on steam this last event when they just had new content. They did make it in the platinum sales tho. ESO Xbox euro server is basically dead. And I'd rather not have WoW scam whales with poor percentage loot boxes and ridiculously high cost shit like houses.
    ESO has 15 million active players and is still growing WoW has like 7?

I want waht's best for WoW, so it needs to adapt, needs to change. Look for my post below on how to accomplish this.
    Last edited by Arcanomancer; 2020-06-04 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanomancer View Post

I want waht's best for WoW, so it needs to adapt, needs to change.
    Source?

10char

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Anyone who thinks WoWs cash shop is significant has clearly never played any other MMO with a cash shop.

What, 15 mounts when there are about 450 in game?

3 armor transmits with thousands in game?

About 15 pets with over 800 in game?
    Exactyl this: If we expand the shop to cover about 80% of transmog, pets and other vanity items, the game could become free to start in an instant.

Milk the whales like in ESO by giving them an overabundance of profession materials and enough time to grind out their professions

- - - Updated - - -

Source?

10char
    forbes.com/sites/davidjagneaux/2020/03/30/elder-scrolls-online-is-still-growing-not-slowing-down-with-over-15-million-players/#5bb24295ec36

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kugarm View Post
    Have you ever think if the subscription model just gone away?

It's a old system, new MMOs don't need this mercenary model. We have gw2, same generation, never have subscription (many others: BDO, ESO, SWTOR). The new generation is buy-to-play or free-to-play.

In my opinion, blizzard must remove the pay-to-play (we already buy the game, is it reallly needs pay a "rent"?)
    It's not your IP to decide how to monetize. But until then You can avoid paying Blizzard any subscription by cancelling your sub. Problem solved.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    If you think the community is shit now, just imagine would it would be if the sub went away.
    I think it would be better with influx of new people that don't require you to have experience of 10 years in tanking.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    It's not your IP to decide how to monetize. But until then You can avoid paying Blizzard any subscription by cancelling your sub. Problem solved.
    If only it was that easy. Sadly me cancelling my sub won't make it free to play, but I would definitely like it if it would

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    I can see where people are coming from, but the subscription is behind every terrible decision Blizzard make.

Why all the time gating and godawful grinds? To keep us subscribed. An eternal fear of missing out. They've already crammed the store full of things you can't get any other way, so it's not like the subscription actually prevents that.

There's no easy answer. They'll still be greedy fucks with or without it. The community will always be shit with or without it, because you likely never see the same toxic players again anyway.
    Yes but at least without subscription casuals would be free of humongous fee.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    If the subscription was gone, the shop would get much much worse
    Would it? I don't think ESO Online has huge shop.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

It would be nice if to have an extra $15 a month. Unfortunately I don't see blizzard doing this anytime soon. The game will have to be somewhat profitable to maintain the servers. If they went free to play model we would get a ton more mounts, pets and transmog items in the store for real money. Eventually I could see this expanding to xp buff tokens, rep buff tokens. Eventually more time and effort will be put into the cosmetics in the store and the actual game will eventually degrade such as most free to play MMO's

Well seeing as how even nowadays so many mounts and pets are designed, they could very well just move them over to the shop, and the sub money would flow through them
    Even nowadays, the game has earned itself the name: World Of Mountcraft, so might as well just get some free players in, get them hooked, and they will start spending like crazy $$$

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    I'd rather have them increase the fee and get rid of all the micro transactions.
    WoW has one of the least offensive micro-transaction models of all MMOs.

Exactyl this: If we expand the shop to cover about 80% of transmog, pets and other vanity items, the game could become free to start in an instant.

Milk the whales like in ESO by giving them an overabundance of profession materials and enough time to grind out their professions

- - - Updated - - -

forbes.com/sites/davidjagneaux/2020/03/30/elder-scrolls-online-is-still-growing-not-slowing-down-with-over-15-million-players/#5bb24295ec36
    So are you one of those people that confuse concurrent active subs with total people to ever buy/play?

Like how back in MoP WoW had over 100 million.

Even better:

All vanity items that have a chance to drop should be purchasable from the shop also.

This way the base game remains free, and you would eventually get that item if you rolled that instance over and over again anyhow, so it just saves you time for money.

Alternatively you can roll the instance whit a deceased drop-rate which incentivise free-to-play replayability, and fill you with even more endorphins if you get soem cool reward!!

I want waht's best for WoW, so it needs to adapt, needs to change. Look for my post below on how to accomplish this.
    I am pretty sure if McDonalds was free, it would be the most popular restaurant.

Seriously though, 15 million active players sounds good but it is free to play. You cannot really directly compare the two.

For the game to maintain some sense of longevity, it needs to regular income source. How much revenue is this 15 million active players generating? As much as WoW 7 million? This revenue is then used to create new content.

I have not played ESO so I do not know. Maybe someone who plays regularly can post how regular are contents releases on ESO and how do they compare with WoW content patches.

So are you one of those people that confuse concurrent active subs with total people to ever buy/play?

Like how back in MoP WoW had over 100 million.
    Nope, you are one of those people who can't read apparently.
    ESO has the highest concurrent userbase of any MMO right now.

Source for MoP??

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    I am pretty sure if McDonalds was free, it would be the most popular restaurant.

Seriously though, 15 million active players sounds good but it is free to play. You cannot really directly compare the two.

For the game to maintain some sense of longevity, it needs to regular income source. How much revenue is this 15 million active players generating? As much as WoW 7 million? This revenue is then used to create new content.

I have not played ESO so I do not know. Maybe someone who plays regularly can post how regular are contents releases on ESO and how do they compare with WoW content patches.
    The game pretty much gets content patches every 3 months nowadays, and is constantly growing, also has one of the best communities, since no one is forced to rush the game to "get therir money's worth for the monthly sub they pay" because there isn't one outside of premium users.
    ESO is actually close to dethroning WoW nowadays.

Just the sentiment alone makes ESO vastly more popular than WoW nowadays, which should shift the tide in facer of it in just a few years, especially seeing as how exponentially more and more players shift to ESO form WoW.
    Last edited by Architect Tonic; 2020-06-04 at 06:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    I can see where people are coming from, but the subscription is behind every terrible decision Blizzard make.

Why all the time gating and godawful grinds? To keep us subscribed. An eternal fear of missing out. They've already crammed the store full of things you can't get any other way, so it's not like the subscription actually prevents that.

There's no easy answer. They'll still be greedy fucks with or without it. The community will always be shit with or without it, because you likely never see the same toxic players again anyway.
    This is true... Their whole obsession with the monthly active users metric is the subscription model. They want as many people subbed for as long as possible, which is fine, because that's how businesses work, they want to make money... Problem is they always go about it the wrong way, instead of making us want to play the game for the sake of playing the game they want to give us chores to do, instead of giving us reasons to want to stay subscribed they look for ways to make us feel like we have to or else we'll be at an unreasonable disadvantage when we come back.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2020-06-04 at 06:20 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Architect Tonic View Post
    Nope, you are one of those people who can't read apparently.
    ESO has the highest concurrent userbase of any MMO right now.

Source for MoP??

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure you are exactly what he says you are.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/the-elder-s...e/player-count

Hines clearly says people who have played ESO, not 15 million playing concurrently.

https://observationdeck.kinja.com/10...d-o-1510870045

Heres the source for WoW btw.

I expect it to happen when we reach certain threshold.

The sad failed MMOs you are listing have neither the content, nor the polish, nor the game design of WoW.

What's even more pathetic is that SWTOR did start with subscription, but the failure to deliver and the colossal loss of players forced them to switch.

Now all those games have is a shallow content spread, little to none development and a multi layered micro transaction system for cosmetics, services, access to certain parts of the game and others.

Unlike WoW, you pay for the cool things in those games, you don't earn it through beating challenges in the game.

In the end to have access to everything you would normally have with a sub in WoW you end up paying more than a sub.

WoW is above that trash level.

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    No... As much as I hate the design direction currently it just wouldn't work it's to established.

Take away bag space then have to pay for it?
    Massively increase leveling times to buy boosts?
    Take away transmog only to pay to unlock it?
    Limit everything over heroic level dungeons and you have to buy more lockouts?

Gw2 was great when it launched but looking at the"content" that came with it's age you see why f2p isn't successful in the long run. All those Korean MMOs rift. Anything by tirion or whatever it's called. It's just not self sufficient enough. Wow does deliver on a lot. We wouldn't have half of what we do now if they relied on microtransactions
    GW2 add content and horizontal progression. I have way more relevant content to do in GW2 than I do in wow at any given time.

Look at the statistics, by 2022 ESO will have evened out on WoW if this keeps going on. Blizzard should switch to a free to play model before its too late.

The cash shop is future proof, since more and more people have pay subscriptions for other things and shift way from sub-based mmos

Also keep everything challenge based besides buyable, so both sides of the crowd are satisfied