Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    It has become cruel.
    It wasn't like this 20-30 years ago (yes I was old enough to remember the early 90's).

There was always racism towards minorities, but it feels like it has gotten worse, yet it should've become better.
    Terrorism, shootings, crime, all have increased.

Have we been made bad by technology?
    Or has the increased population made us not care about other people (we're twice as many today compared to 1970)?
    Or was it always as bad, but the internet gave everyone a voice? Although this doesn't explain increased terrorism and crime.

Millennials, being the most dominant generation, yet impatient, depressed, and addicted to technology. Are we going to change the world for the better or worse?
    A little reminder that the Rodney King beating happened in 1991...so almost 30 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurgjelme View Post
    We could look at one statistic for Sweden that reveals a more violent tendencies.

Between 2011 and 2018 there where a total of 116 attacks where grenades where used, this is a extreme number for a nation not in war.

And gun crimes among young people where there is a deadly outcome is 5 times higher in Sweden compared to Norway, Denmark and Germany per capita.

So if crime has not gone up, the brutality and use of deadlier force has risen.

- - - Updated - - -

Well fine, and if you think people will keep their good demeanor towards immigration when it is handled poorly and causes more and more violence happening in society then I will respect your opinion. Not EVERYONE will become racist because of it, I did not claim that. But will there be more racism because of it? Sure.

And you did not comprehend my comparison? Or did I somehow insult you by mentioning Malaysia? I just said it because it has the highest concentration of malay people.
    Do you know what Homicide is?

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    It you think the world is cruel now?

Then the past must be literal hell to you.
    Snapshot from the past where I used to live:

Schools in Narathiwat and Yala to be closed indefinitely

Teachers in in Narathiwat and Yala decide on Monday to suspend all their classes indefinitely for fearing of their safety as suspected militants intensifed attacks on teachers.

The decision followed that of their colleagues in Pattani which decided to close their schools on Saturday.

This meant the closure will affect altogether 994 schools in those three provinces, ranging from elementary to high schools.

"We have made a decision because we are worried about our own safety and our lives," said Boonsom Thongsriplai, the chairman of the Teachers Federation of Pattani. He is also president of teachers federations of the three provinces.

Pattani schools have already been closed starting Monday while those in Narathiwat and Yala will be closed on Tuesday.

The school closure was due to a wave of arson attacks against school buildings, as well as shootings that killed two Buddhist school teachers last week.

In Pattani, suspected Islamic militants gunned down a 48-year-old school director inside his parked car then set fire to the bullet-riddled vehicle, the federation said.
    It's a lot better now but still not really peaceful.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    It has become cruel.
    It wasn't like this 20-30 years ago (yes I was old enough to remember the early 90's).

There was always racism towards minorities, but it feels like it has gotten worse, yet it should've become better.

Have we been made bad by technology?
    Or has the increased population made us not care about other people (we're twice as many today compared to 1970)?
    Or was it always as bad, but the internet gave everyone a voice? Although this doesn't explain increased terrorism and crime.

Millennials, being the most dominant generation, yet impatient, depressed, and addicted to technology. Are we going to change the world for the better or worse?
    Cause it’s being reported more, human history has always been full of assholes who murder other people for funnies
    increased in crime/terrorism is due to being more people who are swayed into those lifestyles/choices

10+ Year Old Account
    Technology happened.

Before we had social media and everybody had phones that could take clear video, we got to live in our safe little bubbles and pretend the world wasn't shit. Well, now that shit is out in the open for all to see.

It has become cruel.

I am a child of the 90s and racisme was never an issue in my country (atleast i thought it was)
    Right now we have a PC and SJW culture that tells me as a white guy that is trying to never see color that my opinion is not worthy and i dont know what i am talking about because i have so called white privilege and dont deserve the things i worked for. This is not progressive it pisses me off and rather make me think in groups because i am getting forced by the so called progressive movement.

I think this is a big issue why it becomes worse, i need to defend myself for slavery and racisme because of my skin even when i never took place in these things.
    Last edited by tromage2; 2020-06-04 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Cause it’s being reported more, human history has always been full of assholes who murder other people for funnies
    increased in crime/terrorism is due to being more people who are swayed into those lifestyles/choices
    We are also hell of alot more people on this planet now

Example in 1350 when the black death was having fun we where only 500 million people on this planet and the plague killed 200 million or so out of the 500 million world population bringing it down to 300 million or so. That was just 700 years ago.

Today we are almost 8 billion people.

The world reached one billion for the first time in 1804, and 7 billion in 2012.

It took thousands of years to reach only a couple hundred million people.

It's crazy how fast we grew in numbers in just a couple hundred years.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2020-06-04 at 07:32 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    I am a child of the 90s and racisme was never an issue in my country (atleast i thought it was)
    Right now we have a PC and SJW culture that tells me as a white guy that is trying to never see color that my opinion is not worthy and i dont know what i am talking about because i have so called white privilege and dont deserve the things i worked for. This is not progressive it pisses me off and rather make me think in groups because i am getting forced by the so called progressive movement.

I think this is a big issue why it becomes worse, i need to defend myself for slavery and racisme because of my skin even when i never took place in these things.
    I assume you're french, and racism has been an issue since at least the colonial age, you just chose to ignore it, because it didn't affect you. So yes, that exactly is your privilege. The fact that it pisses you off to be made aware of that exposes this even more.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2020-06-04 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post

You sound like a straight guy in the 1940s who says that homophobia wasn't a problem that they saw...

You think PC culture and SJW is why racism is more noticed now and is therefore a problem??

Also I'll never understand why white people think saying "I see no colour" is a positive thing... it isn't.

When you see no colour you also see no ill treatment based on colour. And if it pisses you off that people talk about racism and says that a person who is white in a mostly white place has more privileges than they have, perhaps try to think instead of becoming defensive?

Do you think filipinos have the same privileges as Japanese people in Japan? The big issue to you isn't racism, isn't discrimination... the big issue to you is being made aware of these issues... and instead of trying to understand these issues you instead become defensive and reject that the issues are even issues to begin with and must be some sjw conspiracy.

If you are French like the poster said above, my fucking god to be absolutely clueless about the issues there because you never experienced them or saw them is a huge privilege.

Racism happens when foreign gangs start turf wars on your once peaceful doorstep. Another shocker for you.
    My signature seems oddly appropriate.

you'd think that with these 24/7 reminders of how shit we are as a species we'd be inclined to better our selves but i guess we just got jaded instead.
    there's no simple one size fits all solution to all the crap we do that doesn't involve our own extinction.

just keep on recording rather than trying to hide it like in the past.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You mean racism happens when people are racist. "I'm racist, because I don't like them!!!"

Well, that's a shocker.
    Non whites come into Sweden and cause problems, people who are upset or fight against it are racist.

Whites come into African territory, native Africans fight against it are heroic and patriots....

The thing I don't get (and yes, this applies to white South Africans too) If you are so damn unhappy and oppressed in X country, then LEAVE. Stop trying to bend it to your minority will.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Non whites come into Sweden and cause problems, people who are upset or fight against it are racist.

Whites come into African territory, native Africans fight against it are heroic and patriots....

The thing I don't get (and yes, this applies to white South Africans too) If you are so damn unhappy and oppressed in X country, then LEAVE. Stop trying to bend it to your minority will.
    Non-whites flee droughts, and wars to Sweden and crimes go up slightly for some reason people ignore crimes from white Sweden men while only focusing on crimes by others. I mean there were some stats that showed the rate was higher among the immigrants... but barely.

You mean whites going to Africa taking over areas of it, killing black people, practicing apartheid, trying to force black people off their own lands... fight against it and that's your problem?

If this were the 1930s I feel you would have voted for Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Non-whites flee droughts, and wars to Sweden and crimes go up slightly for some reason people ignore crimes from white Sweden men while only focusing on crimes by others. I mean there were some stats that showed the rate was higher among the immigrants... but barely.

You mean whites going to Africa taking over areas of it, killing black people, practicing apartheid, trying to force black people off their own lands... fight against it and that's your problem?

If this were the 1930s I feel you would have voted for Hitler.
    The fact that you are fine with white people being killed in South Africa/Zimbabwe but pissed when whites blame crime rising on non whites coming in (which you admit is true) are racist clearly shows you are racist... just on the other side of the fence.

While it is less extreme, I am sure you are the guy who is angry when whites "push" non whites out of places like Brooklyn..... not understanding that it was non whites who "pushed" whites out 70 years ago. It's ok to you one way but not the other... that's clearly racism.
    Last edited by Cruor; 2020-06-04 at 09:04 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    He never implied that - your words - "the us the only stats that matter", which makes your assertion a strawman.
    Actually I neither meant Sweden or the US.
    I clearly stated the world.
    Some people misunderstood US as the world and Indara replied to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    The fact that you are fine with white people being killed in South Africa/Zimbabwe but pissed when whites blame crime rising on non whites coming in (which you admit is true) are racist clearly shows you are racist... just on the other side of the fence.

While it is less extreme, I am sure you are the guy who is angry when whites "push" non whites out of places like Brooklyn..... not understanding that it was non whites who "pushed" whites out 70 years ago. It's ok to you one way but not the other... that's clearly racism.
    Who said I was fine with it?

Wow you seriously are just two things.

1: racist
    2: totally oblivious

So black people and latinos move into an area that is mostly white then mostly white racist people flee the area because they're racist and don't want to be around them that you say is them "pushing" white people out? So white people are the victims here? The people who fled because they're racists?

When a black family moves in and white 5 white neighbours move because they don't want black people in their neighbourhood you're saying that the victims are the 5 white families?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    It you think the world is cruel now?

Then the past must be literal hell to you.
    We've moved past that.
    But I also mentioned 20-30 years ago, not second world war or middle ages.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    My signature seems oddly appropriate.
    Well, let me rephrase it for you so you might comprehend.

Racism may be ignited in a some parts of a population if their neighborhood is turned into war zones between gangs of immigrant nationalities.

Well, let me rephrase it for you so you might comprehend.

Racism may be ignited in a some parts of a population if their neighborhood is turned into war zones between gangs of immigrant nationalities.
    All racism comes from gangs now? None of it comes from people just being racists? It is somehow the fault of not the racists that they're facing racism?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Who said I was fine with it?

Wow you seriously are just two things.

1: racist
    2: totally oblivious

So black people and latinos move into an area that is mostly white then mostly white racist people flee the area because they're racist and don't want to be around them that you say is them "pushing" white people out? So white people are the victims here? The people who fled because they're racists?

When a black family moves in and white 5 white neighbours move because they don't want black people in their neighbourhood you're saying that the victims are the 5 white families?
    lol - see here we go. Ignoring the fact that crime shot up as they moved in, land values dropped and THEN whites moved out. Who is oblivious here? I'd love to argue with you in more detail, give facts and examples but Im already on cracking thin ice with the mods here... if you present facts and examples in detail it violates the race policy somehow.