I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    No, but it only takes a few bad eggs as the saying goes. Go ahead with zero police at all, see what happens. Soon as those bad eggs realize there’s no enforcement of law...

oh wait it took like a week for the shit show to start
    "No police" is an extreme stance taken only by a few people - who are also far too jaded too see much more reasonable solutions. One only needs to look at countries other than America to see that it's entirely possible to stop criminals without racial bias, use of excessive force and reliance on military grade equipment. Incidents and police brutality still occur, but it's nowhere near as common.

'Course, for that to happen, stuff like body cameras mysteriously malfuctioning has to stop. It's there for a reason, not to stop working when it's inconvenient. And that's not even getting into blatant mockery that was this "covid victim mourning band" conveniently covering police badges. It's like "holy fuck, you're not even trying to dress it up, people are not *that* stupid." Police accountability is a must, without it nothing will change.

10+ Year Old Account
    How come not other part of the justice system to round of these cops attacking protesters? It's like system is rotten to the core.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    No, but it only takes a few bad eggs as the saying goes.
    Cool, now do that with the police.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    How come not other part of the justice system to round of these cops attacking protesters? It's like system is rotten to the core.
    We all know because police enjoy broad protections to assault, murder, steal from, and generally abuse the citizenry.

Because this is a feature of the system to this point, not a bug.

Also, how do you feel about rhetorical questions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...floyd-protests

Armed white men show up to cause trouble and intimidate protesters, cops show up and...unsurprisingly, apparently the cops are buddies with the white guys.

This is why people don't trust the fuckin cops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Armed white men show up to cause trouble and intimidate protesters, cops show up and...unsurprisingly, apparently the cops are buddies with the white guys.

What do you want to bet half of those proud boys are off-duty Philly PD.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    What do you want to bet half of those proud boys are off-duty Philly PD.
    I don't like taking losing bets, so I'll hard-pass on this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like taking losing bets, so I'll hard-pass on this one.
    Membership or affiliation with white supremacy groups is one of those things that should merit instant dismissal from law enforcement. If y'all are scared enough of Al Qaeda do to so for Islamist organizations, you can to it for Y'all Qaeda too.

Were they the fabled 'Good guys with guns'?

*cracks knuckles* You really wanna play this game? Aight. Square up and excuse these.

Police in Houston trampling a peaceful protester with a horse.

Police in New York shoving an unarmed woman to the curb and prompting a seizure that put her in the ER.

Police in New York performing an intentional hit-and-run with a car door on an unarmed protester standing in the non vehicular bike lane.

Police in Kentucky shooting a news crew with pepper balls while they were on the air.

Police in Nebraska performing a Tienanmen reenactment by running an SUV into a line of unarmed protesters.

Police in San Jose shooting at an unarmed protester because he got his fee fees hurt over verbal taunts.

Police in Minneapolis wandering around in armed gangs shooting pepper balls at residents standing on their own porches.

Police in Minneapolis shoot and arrest an unarmed reporter who is trying to comply with police orders.

Police in Seattle pepper spray a 10 year old child for sport.

Police in Denver caught on camera pushing a reporter into an open fire.

Police in Ohio pepper spraying an unarmed line of protesters performing a sit-in.

Police in Chicago mace a reporter to stop him from broadcasting.

Police in Los Angeles attack John Cusack for filming.

Police in Dallas shoot an innocent woman in the head with a rubber bullet for sport while she was walking home with her groceries.

Police in Seattle using the same knee-on-neck technique that killed George Floyd.

Police in Minneapolis shoot and tear gas a reporter and his crew while they are on the air.

Police in New York forcibly remove a peaceful protester's mask to mace him in the face.

Police in Kentucky looting and destroying demonstrators' supplies and attempt to stop them from recording the incident.

Police Virginia flash bang, tear gas, and pepper spray a member of the state's House of Delegates.

Police in New York wandering around randomly pepper spraying civilians before spraying mace into people's private residences.

Police in Minneapolis deliberately shoot at a German news crew while they are on the air.

Police in North Carolina attack a medical tent treating injured protesters while they are in full riot gear, beating the doctors and EMS workers and destroying their supplies.

Police sniper on the top of a Hampton inn aiming at peaceful protesters in Maine.

Police in California casually aiming their guns at kids recording them.

Police in Philadelphia pull down the mask of a kneeling protester so he can pepper spray her in the face.

Police in Los Angeles open fire on two men simply having a conversation with each other for sport.

Police in Richmond teargas a crowd of protesters for sport, a full half-hour before curfew.

Police in Philadelphia shooting tear gas down empty streets for sport.

Police in Georgia arrest a photographer on air while the news broadcasts it. They seem to require four full grown men for this task, apparently.

Police in Seattle mace peaceful protesters before indiscriminately firing flash bangs into the crowd.

Police in Seattle shoot a tear gas canister at a news crew while they are doing a report.

And, to finish this brief selection off:

Police in DC gas and shoot at clergy and other demonstrators in Lafayette Square so that Donald Trump can walk to a church for a photo-op.

You're part of the problem, hun. Sit down.

1. "Peaceful" protester gets in the way of a spooked horse, You either blame who spooked it or the animal.

2. What part of curfew is hard to understand?

3. Link broken could be could not I trust people very little.

4.Riot suppression happening in a riot area? Tell me it isnt so!!!

5. video doesn't match up. What I am shown is a protester refusing to leave a vehicle being removed from one.

6. I can't really tell what is happening here to be honest. Its a 15s clip.

7. link doesn't relate.

8. just a tweet no images or video

9. Doesn't show what happened at all just the child. Fun fact if you bring your child to a violent riot your a shit tier parent hell even if it was a peaceful protest your still a shit tier parent utterly disgraceful.

10. Honestly I can see what happened they pushed him he didn't land in the fire but that is still fucked up. I admit you got a point with that one.

11. link not working shows the child again.

12. I see the reporter as breaking a whole in the police line by refusing to move back. You see them spraying someone for filming... its gonna depend on what you see as more important to be honest on if its right or not.

13. eight seconds of footage and its swerving all over the place I can't tell anything that happened but the lack of context seems damning to me.

14. Hard to tell with just photos but given everything in the pictures I have to assume their fuck up. Brings us up to 2.

15 link broken or repeating either way doesn't relate.

16. Police are dispersing a crowd again and the reports refuse to move.

17. Its eight seconds again i can't tell what is happening at all. It looks like they are surrounding the cop cars in the back round but even then as far as keeping control this just seems bizarre to do. Need more context but without it will give you this one for 3.

18. Honestly brilliant tactic and it counts as littering on public property good show.

19. A politician trying to score e points got flash banged in a mob. Amusing but I fail to see the issue here.

20. No images or video of the private residence but will take what is curfew of 500 alex!

21. It looks like the police are in the wrong with this one... its odd the press guy is in the middle of the street but it doesn't look like he is blocking them from doing anything.

22. I can't tell what happened only what did. It seems like they are in the wrong though I don't see them beating anyone only destroying water bottles.

23. He isn't doing anything but being scary?

24. Again spooky but its clear that isn't a child.

25. I agree there isn't a reason to spray someone who has already surrendered.

26.Blocking traffic and breaking curfew play stupid games win stupid prizes .

27. Reporter is blocking police again... why do they think they can do this? Is it an american thing I just don't know about its happening so often I am honestly unsure?

28 0 reason for them to break up a peaceful protest more so with them not blocking anything a clear fuck up.

29. It is to herd people for arrests though the hour they are doing it at is nonsensical... rehearsal? I don't know it seems weird and wasteful.

30. Need more info then just a person being arrested.

31. It is no longer a legal protest if you block of a entire street the police have every right to disperse you.

32. I can't see the range from where the canister was shot to say why it was near them.

33. I suspect it was for the photo shot.. again they blocked off the whole street so they had justification but I admit its scummy.

I am going to be honest going into that I expected every single one to be easy to justify and in half the cases I simply couldn't. You have some valid points.

Well, after days, we still have the same few people justifying racism and police brutality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    I am going to be honest going into that I expected every single one to be easy to justify and in half the cases I simply couldn't. You have some valid points.
    And all of your nonsense justifications excusing police brutality against groups including but not limited to:

- Unarmed Protesters
    - Medical Personnel
    - Media Crew
    - Clergy

Can be thrown in the trash by means of a single simple statement.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Y'all are the redcoats, here.

And all of your nonsense justifications excusing police brutality against groups including but not limited to:

- Unarmed Protesters
    - Medical Personnel
    - Media Crew
    - Clergy

Can be thrown in the trash by means of a single simple statement.

Y'all are the redshirts, here.
    I don't consider someone breaking the law being maced or arrested brutality... I think its the key difference between u. I don't see any force as brutality but excessive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't consider someone breaking the law being maced or arrested brutality... I think its the key difference between u. I don't see any force as brutality but excessive.
    That's nice, we get that you don't understand what empathy is.

The problem with your little nonsense position is a) they are not breaking the law, because municipal curfews do not supersede your constitutionally guaranteed rights, and b) use of chemical weapons or general violence against medical personnel, media, and civilians is universally considered a humanitarian crime, or war crime.

1. "Peaceful" protester gets in the way of a spooked horse, You either blame who spooked it or the animal.
    She was standing in the same place she had been, with no way of knowing a cop on horseback was coming up behind her to trample her.

Not gonna bother with the rest since, predictably, you're here to defend literally any police behavior and blame everything on the victims.

That's nice, we get that you don't understand what empathy is.

The problem with your little nonsense position is a) they are not breaking the law, because municipal curfews do not supersede your constitutionally guaranteed rights, and b) use of chemical weapons or general violence against medical personnel, media, and civilians is universally considered a humanitarian crime, or war crime.
    No country sees tear gas as chemical weapons and no your rights are not endless you are not allowed to block an entire street.

10+ Year Old Account
    No country sees tear gas as chemical weapons
    If it's not a chemical weapon how come the use of tear gas in warfare is internationally banned under the 1997 Chemical Weapons Convention.

and no your rights are not endless you are not allowed to block an entire street.
    Citation needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not seeing anywhere here where this permits the use of unprovoked violence or chemical weapons.

As for tear gas I am going to assume its legal till shown otherwise.
    You didn't say 'legal'. You said:

No country sees tear gas as chemical weapons
    Something which is manifestly untrue. Just admit you're talking out of your ass and don't actually educate yourself on a subject until pressed for a link.

https://time.com/5848671/california-...lice-kneeling/

“This young man was shot multiple times while he was on his knees and appeared to be trying to surrender,” Burris said, adding that he understands tensions have been high. “But one has to maintain control and you don’t get to arbitrarily shoot someone in a panic, just because the situation is excitable.”.
    Just so we are clear.

Shooting a known enemy combatant surrendering is a war crime.

This is not an enemy combatant, this is America... it seems Americans do not care about committing war crimes against their own.
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-06-05 at 12:55 AM.