10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I hope the old guy is alright and didn't suffer permanent damage. Charge all those cops with assault and negligence for not even lifting a finger as he was fukcing bleeding from his skull.
    In lieu of immediate action, it appears the internet has identified the shover through his nametag to the point where all his social media profiles have now been deleted. But yes; what y'all saw in that video was someone potentially fatally injuring an elderly man, with not one of the cops bothering to help him until held to account by bystanders.

Where were all the "good cops", here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    In lieu of immediate action, it appears the internet has identified the shover through his nametag to the point where all his social media profiles have now been deleted. But yes; what y'all saw in that video was someone potentially fatally injuring an elderly man, with not one of the cops bothering to help him until held to account by bystanders.

Where were all the "good cops", here?
    Something worthy of protesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

I find it weird that something from ongoing protests I've been a part of over the past week is going viral nationally. Kumail Nanjiani tweeted about this, as well as other follows I have that comment on political shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it's been a busy day and I could use your help. I am seeing more and more headlines like this:

3 former officers charged in George Floyd's death make 1st court appearance

Here's the thing: there are four of them.

A Minneapolis judge remanded three of the four former officers involved in George Floyd's death on a million dollars bail during their first court appearance Thursday afternoon.

Kiernan Lane, Alexander Kueng and Tou Thao were all charged with second-degree aiding and abetting felony murder and second-degree aiding and abetting manslaughter in the death of the 46-year-old man. Former officer Derek Chauvin was arrested last week and initially charged with third-degree murder and manslaughter, but those charges were upgraded to second-degree murder Wednesday. He is currently in jail on a $500,000 bond.
    Can anyone tell me what I missed, the reason one of them is being treated differently?

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    I am sort of proud, and sort of saddened that not a single cop gave a second glance at the pool of blood around his head, but the only two soldiers in the scene immediately moved to help him. Neither were medics either, one of them was carrying an AGL, and the other was presumably his team leader.

Soldiers are less desensitized to violence then Cops, and that is fucking terrifying.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I've mentioned Jane Elliot in a couple of other posts. For those who are just catching up, she is the woman behind the famous "Brown Eyes-Blue Eyes" social experiment and a long time advocate of racial justice. I've posted a clip of her asking white people the uncomfortable question of whether or not they would be happy to be treated as a Black citizen is treated in the US (with the predicted responses). Here's a transcript from an interview I just linked, since it has quite a bit to do with a lot of the claims we are seeing. Like "I'm not racist because I have black people in my community", or "I don't see skin color".

Interviewer: "When you say 'All whites are racist', can you expound on that?"

Jane Elliot: "Any white person who was born, raised, and schooled in the United States of America...If you aren't a racist, you're a miracle. Either that, or you decided to educate yourself. Because education in this country is about 'White Is Right, Brown's Alright, Black's Gotta Stand Back'. Yellow's mellow, but whites are educated in such a way that says white males have done all the adventures, done all the discovering, have made -- Everything that is good in history has been accomplished, according to social studies (which is actually anti-social studies), by white males. It's a lie. But we do that in order to maintain the myth of white superiority. The myth of race has to be maintained at all costs in this country because if white people have to give up the color of their skin as being something that makes them perfect, what do they have left? If we start teaching the truth about history, if we start teaching people about Nile Valley contributions to civilization, it will totally change the way discuss history in the classroom. It'll have to. Columbus didn't discover America. You can't discover a place where people are already living. But we celebrate that every October. It's a lie. We need to stop telling the myths, and start telling the truth."

I: "So when you tell people that they're racist...*laughs* It must have some kind of effect on people like --"

J.E.: "I'm not racist, some of my best friends are black. Yeah." *scoffing* "Then you say 'Name one' and then they [flailing noises]. Or this one "I don't see color." And when some woman says to me "I don't see color", I say "I knew that. If you saw color, you wouldn't dye your hair that way." Or I say "If you saw color, you wouldn't wear that shirt with that pants." It's a deliberate attempt to deny skin color. And it's an attempt to deny... What's wrong with seeing the color of my skin? Is it alright for you to see me kind of pink? That's okay for me, I don't mind. And I suspect that you don't mind being seen as the color you are. And until the people in this country, in this world, get it into their heads that the first modern human beings that evolved on this earth were Black women. They evolved in sub-Saharan Africa about 280,000 years ago, and every human being on the face of the earth has the memory of those Black women in their genes."
    So yeah, this really digs into why it's not simple a function of "some police are bad apples". There is a deep rot of animus in the US that is at the source of these issues, and until certain people are made to reckon with it, no solution will be feasible.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2020-06-05 at 02:23 AM.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2020-06-05 at 02:26 AM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    I am sort of proud, and sort of saddened that not a single cop gave a second glance at the pool of blood around his head, but the only two soldiers in the scene immediately moved to help him. Neither were medics either, one of them was carrying an AGL, and the other was presumably his team leader.

Soldiers are less desensitized to violence then Cops, and that is fucking terrifying.
    Well yeah. Soldiers are supposed to protect American citizens. The cops are there to protect the 1%.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Tripped and fell is a good one. That office was bent on effin him up. Who are the thugs?
    I won't say his name here but, as said, his social media profiles have all been taken down and we will probably hear his name in an investigation once this picks up.

Victim is currently in hospital, alive, but no reports on their condition. Given that he lost consciousness immediately, chances are there is permanent brain damage.

ACAB.

Well yeah. Soldiers are supposed to protect American citizens. The cops are there to protect the 1%.

- - - Updated - - -

I won't say his name here but, as said, his social media profiles have all been taken down and we will probably hear his name in an investigation once this picks up.

Victim is currently in hospital, alive, but no reports on their condition. Given that he lost consciousness immediately, chances are there is permanent brain damage.

ACAB.
    Yeah the officer's name is all over social media posts. The video was nasty with the blood and the amount coming out of his ear.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Yeah the officer's name is all over social media posts. The video was nasty with the blood and the amount coming out of his ear.
    Yep. But perhaps the most chilling part, and the thing that utterly debunks the "most cops aren't bad" bullshit; pay attention what happens to two of the cops that do hesitate and appear to start to attend to him.

For those who don't want to rewatch an awful video, the answer is "their colleagues stop them from helping someone they may have fatally injured".

Police are not your friends, and they are not there to protect you. They are there to enforce law, regardless of its justice or humanity. They should not be given the benefit of the doubt, and they should be held to the same standard as any other public servant.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I understand the position of moral superiority, but it is getting agravating.
    Report the facts, move on. No need to try for ever longer attempts at sarcastic poetry about bad cops.
    I have read almost all this thread, it is just so fucking tiring and is getting worse.
    Don't think I can put into words what I meant with this, but do try to understand.
    Sorry, but you don't get to decide how other people choose to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://boundingintocomics.com/2020/...demns-looting/

batman himself is telling you, protests are fine, but don't be dicks and burn down stores or steal.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    https://boundingintocomics.com/2020/...demns-looting/

batman himself is telling you, protests are fine, but don't be dicks and burn down stores or steal.
    Oh good, because the vast majority of these protests are peaceful and the existence of outliers doesn't justify the police constantly violating their rights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    I mean that isn't reasonable at all. There was no reason for the officer to not empty his weapon if you commit to lethal force you commit
    I mean, you're literally describing the entire problem with American policing, here.

Your police are more dangerous to the people than, say, Chinese police are to theirs. You've idealized the jackboot stepping on your neck, and think it's normal, somehow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh good, because the vast majority of these protests are peaceful and the existence of outliers doesn't justify the police constantly violating their rights.
    A few bad cops who do this doesn't make the entire police system into the next nazi party. your own logic used.

I'm an interested in seeing what would happen to america if there was no police force now, this fantasy world you have that the public will create its own version of a law enforcement and will make everything wonderful. Funny when people don't understand the nature of the beast their riding.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    A few bad cops who do this doesn't make the entire police system into the next nazi party.
    Cool, this isn't "a few bad cops". This is an organizational issue.

Moreover, these are supposed to be trained professionals, they should not be held to the same standards as ordinary civilians. Seeing a gay man shill for police is honestly one of the most ironic things I've ever seen, given Stonewall - or it would be if Milo Yiannopolous wasn't a thing, but hey.

I'm an interested in seeing what would happen to america if there was no police force now, this fantasy world you have that the public will create its own version of a law enforcement and will make everything wonderful. Funny when people don't understand the nature of the beast their riding.
    What nature is that? Again, this idea that humans are violent animals is primarily held by people that are trying to justify social violence when there is in fact little hard evidence of their views. It is a chimera fabricated from myths of varying degrees of racism.

Why don't we take a look at what happens sans police, though...Why don't you explain why the crime rate in NYC drops every time there's a cut in the police budget or certain policies like stop and frisk are outlawed?

It's funny how y'all think you're independent thinkers when all that seems to come out is verbatim the shit the system uses to justify the status quo.

10+ Year Old Account
    A few bad cops who do this doesn't make the entire police system into the next nazi party. your own logic used.
    We make that judgement because their colleagues defend and protect the abusers within their ranks, and that makes them all complicit. It isn't anti-cop prejudice, it's a recognition that the entire system is corrupt.

When any cop with a hint of excessive use of force on their record is fired, when every single cop with a questionable assault or killing goes to trial and faces strong prosecution for the highest crimes the DA can target them with, when unions and colleagues turn over bad cops proactively to face justice for their crimes, then we can start debating if it's unfair to treat all cops as if they're complicit.

That's the bare minimum. Until that point's reached, entire departments are complicit in protecting the abusers within their ranks.

10+ Year Old Account

When the entire force starts slandering victims to protect their cop (see; Dallas in Jean case, and now Buffalo), thery are all rotten