I much prefer the league mechanics where you're just playing the game and run into them. Breach and delerium and that kind of thing. I don't like having to stop the actual playing of the maps to do some funky weird setup to activate the mechanic. Crafting and screwing with gear slots and the passive tree already covers that well enough.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    im thinking about skipping this one.. the whole harvest mechanic seems like shit, i also hate all the stupid leagues with stupid menus the cover the entire screen where you need to read and click, that's so annoying, i just want to kill monsters/bosses

every activity outside of killing mobs and maybe crafting is annoying
    Same. This will be the first one I've skipped in about 2 years.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

So I read that Brand Recall is getting nerfed- less duration added when recalled and no Archmage loophole. Okay fine, fair.

But Brands now drop at the original location of cast instead of the monsters feet when they are dead. This kills Brands, lol.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    So I read that Brand Recall is getting nerfed- less duration added when recalled and no Archmage loophole. Okay fine, fair.

But Brands now drop at the original location of cast instead of the monsters feet when they are dead. This kills Brands, lol.
    I agree with their their reasoning tho.
    We generally feel that if a common build has ongoing damage with very little input, it should deal below average damage or require massive investment
    Now Brand attachment range actually does something and I will guess that a brand still has enough range to clear a pack if you drop it in them. Combined with Brand Recall not adding duration your going to constantly be recasting brands anyway.

Brands were like totems that moved, had longer duration, couldn't be attacked and benefited from the players on-hit effects.

And no I don't think Brands are dead now. Unless 'no longer completely broken compared to alternatives' = dead.

Build your own brand could have some fun/broken interactions not dissimilar to mines/traps I guess. But the other 2 new brands (and esp Penance) look to suffer from the issue of not instantly clearing screens so things actually get to attack and kill you.
    Last edited by Gorsameth; 2020-06-04 at 10:16 AM.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

As someone who just did their first league in delerium, and is STILL baffled by crafting, seeing all this new crafting they are piling on is a little overwhelming. Want to spend more time killing, and less in menus fiddling around with items. I can't stand to play another league of diablo though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    As someone who just did their first league in delerium, and is STILL baffled by crafting, seeing all this new crafting they are piling on is a little overwhelming. Want to spend more time killing, and less in menus fiddling around with items. I can't stand to play another league of diablo though
    Yeah I am in basically the same boat... I play simple builds (Caustic Arrow, Totems, etc.,) specifically so I can get to red maps with shit gear/no budget whatsoever to farm and eventually just buy the 'good' gear I need. I almost never craft anything just because there are so many convoluted layers of crafting in this game at this point and I can't be bothered to look into them.

The only exception is I often alt spam+regal ilvl 83/84 stygian vise belts since that's super simple and getting lucky means making several exalts. Though its also demoralizing as fuck when you sit there and spam 1000 alterations and end up with literally nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Yeah I am in basically the same boat... I play simple builds (Caustic Arrow, Totems, etc.,) specifically so I can get to red maps with shit gear/no budget whatsoever to farm and eventually just buy the 'good' gear I need. I almost never craft anything just because there are so many convoluted layers of crafting in this game at this point and I can't be bothered to look into them.

The only exception is I often alt spam+regal ilvl 83/84 stygian vise belts since that's super simple and getting lucky means making several exalts. Though its also demoralizing as fuck when you sit there and spam 1000 alterations and end up with literally nothing.
    Well this league actually looks like a good league to experiment with crafting as this seems to be giving us an alternate form of currency to use on crafting. So it would be a great time for newer players to experiment and make stuff.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Crafting is almost always a cash sink and is best left to streamers or people who have infinite pockets. There is no chance (ok, well, infinitesimal chance) that you can craft something noteworthy as a new player on a limited budget.

The best way to generate wealth in this game and see end-game content is to farm maps, the quicker the better, for currency and divination card drops, and sell and convert everything that you find along the way. You don't need to touch crafting at all for you to make big $$$ each league.

I didn't see the announced changes but it also looked like brand archmage is to be no more from a Bex tweet.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    The best way to generate wealth in this game and see end-game content is to farm maps, the quicker the better, for currency and divination card drops, and sell and convert everything that you find along the way. You don't need to touch crafting at all for you to make big $$$ each league.
    I'm on PS4, so trading is a colossal waste of time. Almost everything is listed as "make an offer". I have no idea what it's worth! and if I try, I never get a response. It's idiotic. They should just make it like the wow auction house. List it for what you want, and if someone pays that much, it's instant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm on PS4, so trading is a colossal waste of time. Almost everything is listed as "make an offer". I have no idea what it's worth! and if I try, I never get a response. It's idiotic. They should just make it like the wow auction house. List it for what you want, and if someone pays that much, it's instant.
    I quit playing aound level 63 on PS4 as trading is a nightmare. I play only on PC now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm kinda torn. I MUCH prefer playing on the PS4, but holy shit there is no trading... Items are either listed with no price (and offers are declined) of they're listed at a price that is at LEAST two to three times what the item is worth. It's insane.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I wish they would just implement a proper AH for consoles. Or let you do trades via an app...just fucking something with the normal game. It's brutal.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Yeah I wish they would just implement a proper AH for consoles. Or let you do trades via an app...just fucking something with the normal game. It's brutal.
    Or just put in AHs in the whole game like the chinese client.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Crafting is almost always a cash sink and is best left to streamers or people who have infinite pockets. There is no chance (ok, well, infinitesimal chance) that you can craft something noteworthy as a new player on a limited budget.

while this is normally the case, it will not be in Harvest league. expect what would normally be 10ex+ rares to be commonplace in this league, anyone will be able to craft them with just a basic sense of "whats good" and some luck. from the media they have released it sounds like the Harvest crafting will not just be insanely powerful but highly accessible as well

i dont invest enough time to be able to do real high end crafting normally, so i am extremely excited to see what i will be able to make in Harvest!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2869946

Oh boy this... this sounds really fucking awful.

Dunno why so much negativity, I actually hated Delirium, I loved cluster jewels but hated the mechanic (esp. with lag that was present for 2+ months until last patch), I hated the backtrack the map playstyle, the white on white visuals and can't see shit on the ground cuz fog. I'm glad we're moving onto something new and hopefully something more stationary so I don't have to run like my ass is on fire (and it could literally be in delirium when you stop running cuz of all the on-death effects and homing missiles).

And yes, I'd rather have crafting that vaguely describes what it crafts like "add a random fire modifier to this item" rather than baseline crafting where you have no idea what you get (alt-spam or chaos-spam), or fossil / essence / awakener orb craft that usually gives item with 1-2 good mods and rest garbage, or god forbid synthesis where nobody knows what combines into what until some dataminer gurus make external spreadsheets.

Only thing I'm pissed about is that they just nerfed about every vortex occultist or essence drain trickster that used shields with the kiloava gem (double block) by removing that from the legion jewel and putting it on the tree somewhere between templar and marauder (I've never seen any marauder use that keystone before). First they nerfed energy shield, now they're nerfing the only defensive energy shield builds could use as they already can't use much of dodge, evasion or armor.

Oh, and I hope the "slam" rework includes sunder, it used to be a great skill but got nerfed to obscurity.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2869946

Oh boy this... this sounds really fucking awful.
    what do you think sounds awful about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Sounds like 99% of wow feedback "I don't like it" well, why don't you like it? "it's awful" well what's awful? "I don't like it"

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    How many new crafting options does Harvest introduce?
    There are over 45 crafting categories, resulting in over 250 different possible craft effects.

How do I know which crafting options I'll get?
    Each seed states which category of crafting benefit it provides so that you can prioritise planting seeds which correlate to which crafting options you're interested in. When you slay the monsters from those seeds, their Lifeforce can be used to craft an outcome within that category. The specific outcomes you received are listed on the crafting screen. The more Lifeforce you have in your collector from this fight, the more options you'll be able to use out of the set you received.

For example, if you plant eight seeds that grant 'Reveals a random Physical modifier crafting effect when Harvested', slay those monsters and gather their Lifeforce - you'll be presented with different options with outcomes like "Reforge a rare item with new random modifiers, including a Physical modifier", "Augment a Magic or Rare item with a new Physical modifier", "Remove a Physical modifier from an item" or "Randomise the numeric values of the random properties of Physical modifiers on an item". You may have multiple uses of some of these, based on the randomly determined outcome of each seed. There will be a total of 8 outcomes, including the multiple uses, though you'll usually not have enough Lifeforce to use them all. But you'll hopefully get and be able to afford the one you really wanted.
    Limited use crafting options based on the seeds you plant, sounds super RNG as hell.