Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    when we are talking about races, isn't irrelevant,because is the truth, if no one had said race, like the dude clearly was saying race wanting to mean other thing, i would not be here
    Yeh, we should all count on you being purposefully obtuse to the actual point.

it makes totally sense in the unvierse eprspective and what the game is about, racial and faction warfare
    "No, U" seriosuly? that's the argument?

I am literally pointing out how we see IN UNIVERSE that factional choice is not beholden to race, thusly the gameplay conceit of dividing races by a bibnary system doesn't reflect the lore, and you counter argument is "it makes sense"?

and the game since tis concentration is about different races in different factions, there is not other nuances of individuals other than people giving then more meaning that they had
    Again, in universe there are LITERALLY people of the same race in both factions. Not one, not two, but three.

none of those things are visually visible apart from just the eyes, in this exchange blood elves get to be 2 races in one(and people asking more) with all blood elf skins and blood elves apparently just getting 3 blue eye colors.s

But those are AESTHETICS, not THEMES.

Go ask for undead skin tones for BE. I'll support you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I think if Blizzard wants to give additional hair styles to Void Elves the easiest thing they can do without just copying everything from Blood Elves is to copy some styles from other Alliance races.

Right now Humans share several hairstyles with Blood Elves. Even if for some reason Blizzard wants to avoid those particular styles, there's still quite a few from Humans alone that Blizzard could share with Void Elves without stepping on Blood Elf toes. And if Blizzard doesn't mind the crossover, they could also share those styles that Humans and Blood Elves have in common, with Void Elves.
    A very good idea!! There was a fanart of void elf females using Kul'Tiran hairstyles and they worked perfectly. So Humans (of any kind) seems like it would work well, heck maybe even some Dwarf hairstyles (and beards)!!

High Elves were known for intermingling after all

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Why would you want to use the void elf wings if you want to be a high elf
    Why do Blood Elf player want to call themselves High Elves when that's illogical? Because they want to. No further reason needed for why anyone wants their character to look a certain way or act a certain way.

Can't wait to put blue eyes on my Blood Elf so I can live out my dream of being a Horde High Elf

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Can't wait to put blue eyes on my Blood Elf so I can live out my dream of being a Horde High Elf
    awesome! likewise I can't wait to put fair/dark skin and blue eyes on my Void Elf so I can live out the Alliance High Elf dream I've wanted

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Yeh, we should all count on you being purposefully obtuse to the actual point.
    so, i should just assume people are obtuse wanting to detract the actual meaning of the word? especially when people want to quote m and force that kind of conversation? come on now, if you do not agree in me talking about groups then its not "your fight"

I am literally pointing out how we see IN UNIVERSE that factional choice is not beholden to race, thusly the gameplay conceit of dividing races by a bibnary system doesn't reflect the lore, and you counter argument is "it makes sense"?
    and im literally seeing how the game works is right now, factional choice IS beholden to race, it is how the game is, you can pick the "troll" race, regardless of what group it came, if they are not putting different groups of the exact same troll subrace with no difference whatsover, as another standalone full fledged race, then you do not come to say this is "meaningless" or "irrelevant"

is like you telling me Jungle troll isn't playable in the game, we only have Darkspear trolls, when literally, darkspear trolls are jungle trolls

Again, in universe there are LITERALLY people of the same race in both factions. Not one, not two, but three.
    but they are not playable, there is no reason in making then playable as a full standalone race, if the race is already playable, just because it belongs to another group, is redundant, useless, and where lies my problem
    But those are AESTHETICS, not THEMES.
    aesthetics are part of the whole package, blood elves can just be the normal blood/high elves, void elves can be this and also void elves, fel touched elves? void elves can be warlocks, light elves? priest is available for then, and people are demanding also paladins

Go ask for undead skin tones for BE. I'll support you.
    like i said, at this point they should kick the bucket and do this too.

My only problem with this whole elf cabbage thing is they should not change racials, not even the color in any race, that is obnoxious

7+ Year Old Account
    if the race is already playable, just because it belongs to another group, is redundant, useless, and where lies my problem

aesthetics are part of the whole package, blood elves can just be the normal blood/high elves, void elves can be this and also void elves, fel touched elves? void elves can be warlocks, light elves? priest is available for then, and people are demanding also paladins

My only problem with this whole elf cabbage thing is they should not change racials, not even the color in any race, that is obnoxious
    Well you are right in that it's your problem.

Blizzard doesn't agree, hence they're now allowing the sharing of things you call 'redundant' when players of all kinds (not just High Elf fans) have been asking for more and more options despite them 'being redundant' as you put it.

That's the whole point of increased customizations they're implementing. So people can have multiple troll tribes in one race option, or multiple dwarf or orc clans, or in the case of elves - different groups.

We're a long way from 'this is how the game was established and it should never change'. If that were the motto Blizzard wanted to stand by then it wouldn't have happened as early in tbc where both factions then had elves (if everything only ever added had to be unique as you're trying to paint it).

The game moves on, so should its players if they'd like to keep playing it and enjoying themselves. But if you want to still play and just express your disappointment that's your prerogative, my advice is probably try out a game that suits your tastes more rather than sticking with one that's going to apparently keep disappointing you because it wants to make progress.

There's a reason why a few others have stopped coming into this thread and posting verbose paragraphs. They've accepted their defeat and moved on.

Which is what I said most of the seemingly 'staunch defenders' would do. Just like many things in WoW's history. Tmog was the same way, Artifact skins too, Demonhunter class as well. Classic can be chucked there too. You'll find many examples where people argue so incessantly against something and then when it's finally here? 'Oh wells guess its in.'

It's why Blizzard should more often than not go ahead and include more options rather than less, because the naysayers only focus on making sure others are denied options rather than it being some sense of 'preserve the identity of the game' bs.
    Last edited by FlubberPuddy; 2020-06-05 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    A very good idea!! There was a fanart of void elf females using Kul'Tiran hairstyles and they worked perfectly. So Humans (of any kind) seems like it would work well, heck maybe even some Dwarf hairstyles (and beards)!!

High Elves were known for intermingling after all
    Human and Kul Tiran hairstyles works well for females, but it is not that fitting for males. Night elves could provide better hairstyles, they share some of them with blood elves anyway.

I also wonder what's the problem some people have? So far, only skin tones were announced to be shared between belfs and velfs. It remains to be seen what's next is going to be shared between thalassians.

Blood elves still have unique:
    - majority of eye colors (even blue tints are different to void elves), especially green and gold
    - hairstyles
    - jewelery

It is clear that Blizzard admitted Thalassians have rightful place in both factions. Sin'dorei earned their position within the Horde over the years, Quel'dorei and Ren'dorei cemented their bonds they had with the Alliance in the years past. That sounds fair. No faction is loosing anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I'm all for Darkfallen aesthetics for the Blood Elves!

Yes, please. These don't even look like that big of a stretch -- pale and red eyes, not even necessarily undead.

5+ Year Old Account
    Please do not shoot the messenger...

I could not help noticing this mockup on the EU forum:

High Elf Wayfarer
    • This NPC can be found in Telogrus Rift (3).

Hence this is my take on the High Elf matter:

We do not need new racial skills… but if fans are really going crazy about this, how about just an alternate demonym connected to an optional customization template and a quick line of text?

“Curious to learn more about the Void, some High Elf Wayfarers have joined their transformed kin.”

Which is why they now have the Void Elf racials. ;-)
    Last edited by Astranea; 2020-06-05 at 11:22 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    is like you telling me Jungle troll isn't playable in the game, we only have Darkspear trolls, when literally, darkspear trolls are jungle trolls
    Come Shadowlands, and people can play as a Sand Troll or any other troll of the troll tribe. Same with every other race in the game.

I mean, it is clear Blizzard is trying to move the game forward in a completely new way. With choices such as Void Elves can be High Elves, or Dwarves being Wildhammer Dwarves.
    Last edited by Sarallesta; 2020-06-05 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Astranea View Post
    I love that concept!

I'd also like to see a few human hairstyles and colors shared with Void Elves both for variety and to add options for a more High Elf aesthetic:

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarallesta View Post
    Come Shadowlands, and people can play as a Sand Troll or any other troll of the troll tribe. Same with every other race in the game.

I mean, it is clear Blizzard is trying to move the game forward in a completely new way. With choices such as Void Elves can be High Elves, or Dwarves being Wildhammer Dwarves.
    I just think they are being stubborn about customizations being their newest selling point, so they are trying to stick to it to do everything regardless of the end result.

5+ Year Old Account
    Always on EU forum, from the same original thread as the above, Sub-race names & templates tied to the new customization options:

Customization screen mock-ups:

I would really love to see more of these, despite of not having different racials.

if they were exact the same they would look exact the same, not look like drusts being half-giants with 8ft
    They're not "half-giants", and they are simply humans. The only reason why they look different is because Blizzard wanted to make some differentiation between them and the Stormwind humans. Remember that every single example of Kul'tiran characters in the lore until BfA were normal humans.

our current selection of playable races is exactly that, races, not groups, nothing changed yet
    False. Zandalari are a group of trolls. Kul'tirans are a group of humans. Void elves are a group of thalassian elves. Gilneans are a group of humans.

if you are talking about groups, say groups, don't try to change the meaning of the word to fit your shenanigas
    I'm not "changing" the meaning of any word. I'm simply using it in the context of this conversation. Playable race =/= actual race.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    They're not "half-giants", and they are simply humans. The only reason why they look different is because Blizzard wanted to make some differentiation between them and the Stormwind humans. Remember that every single example of Kul'tiran characters in the lore until BfA were normal humans.

False. Zandalari are a group of trolls. Kul'tirans are a group of humans. Void elves are a group of thalassian elves. Gilneans are a group of humans.

I'm not "changing" the meaning of any word. I'm simply using it in the context of this conversation. Playable race =/= actual race.
    Look, Ielenia, Syegfryedo just tries to push this idea that every available race is a different actual race, like, in biological terms.

I know that just sounds nuts, but it is the approach he has been giving to it, so, when you mention 'race' and he also does, you two are referring to two different things. A conversation can't be had on those circumstances, and we all know who is in the right about the meaning of 'race' in wow, and no, it's not the dubious biologist.

Just look at how hard he tries for people to believe that Kul'tiran humans are a different race of Humans, like... He really tries. And he even disregard the fact that Gilnean are humans with druidic forms because that would mean they would not be a different 'biological' race and thus, he would have to concede the point. And, honestly, it's a point nobody should care to get conceded anyway, the concept of race in wow is not a scientific one, so it's just useless to try to argue around that.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astranea View Post
    Always on EU forum, from the same original thread as the above, Sub-race names & templates tied to the new customization options
    I think that is a nice idea honestly. I'm uncertain if on the NA forum someone has posted that, but it is pretty cool. Customisable sub-races of within that race.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    Look, Ielenia, Syegfryedo just tries to push this idea that every available race is a different actual race, like, in biological terms.

I know that just sounds nuts, but it is the approach he has been giving to it, so, when you mention 'race' and he also does, you two are referring to two different things. A conversation can't be had on those circumstances, and we all know who is in the right about the meaning of 'race' in wow, and no, it's not the dubious biologist.

Just look at how hard he tries for people to believe that Kul'tiran humans are a different race of Humans, like... He really tries. And he even disregard the fact that Gilnean are humans with druidic forms because that would mean they would not be a different 'biological' race and thus, he would have to concede the point. And, honestly, it's a point nobody should care to get conceded anyway, the concept of race in wow is not a scientific one, so it's just useless to try to argue around that.
    Totally agree. Blizzard doesn't even use the correct term. If we used the hierarchy of correct terms, we would be talking about ''playable species'' and among those species there would be ''groups'' called ''races''.

Actually, they use the term ''race'' to refer to any of the other two terms.
    Last edited by Ignaz; 2020-06-05 at 02:33 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Human and Kul Tiran hairstyles works well for females, but it is not that fitting for males. Night elves could provide better hairstyles, they share some of them with blood elves anyway.

I also wonder what's the problem some people have? So far, only skin tones were announced to be shared between belfs and velfs. It remains to be seen what's next is going to be shared between thalassians.
    Yes even Night Elf hairstyles would go well being shared as well!

The problem some people have is that High Elf fans were vindicated in their request by receiving some skin tones shared between belfs and velfs. Thus they're still trying to cope/be petty about it and making hysterical statements like 'you just want to port everything about blood elf to Alliance!!' when that's not true at all.

For instance no one is seriously asking for green eyes, the most iconic thing about Blood Elves, or to brandish around a golden Silvermoon phoenix necklace.

Then they're so pedantic and saying 'give em an inch and they'll ask for a mile!' as if no other players of the game have literally been doing this every time Blizzard has given players whatever it is that they wanted.

You can already see it with the Fire Mages changes for instance, players are 'still asking for more'. In the PoV of these pedants one would assume 'omg these players are so ungrateful, Blizzard is already making a good change to their class and they want more?! Disrespectful!!'

It's very silly, super super silly.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that is a nice idea honestly. I'm uncertain if on the NA forum someone has posted that, but it is pretty cool. Customisable sub-races of within that race.
    It's how picking 'races' should be! Very cool idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Came across another vid by SoulSoBreezy last night

While he makes the all too easy wisecracks at getting Alliance High Elves, he also supports same hair colors and even the Paladin class as long as some story reason for it existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Yes even Night Elf hairstyles would go well being shared as well!

The problem some people have is that High Elf fans were vindicated in their request by receiving some skin tones shared between belfs and velfs. Thus they're still trying to cope/be petty about it and making hysterical statements like 'you just want to port everything about blood elf to Alliance!!' when that's not true at all.

For instance no one is seriously asking for green eyes, the most iconic thing about Blood Elves, or to brandish around a golden Silvermoon phoenix necklace.

Then they're so pedantic and saying 'give em an inch and they'll ask for a mile!' as if no other players of the game have literally been doing this every time Blizzard has given players whatever it is that they wanted.

You can already see it with the Fire Mages changes for instance, players are 'still asking for more'. In the PoV of these pedants one would assume 'omg these players are so ungrateful, Blizzard is already making a good change to their class and they want more?! Disrespectful!!'

It's very silly, super super silly.

I think it's natural that players are asking for more. There will always be many things that can be added to appease someone. It is up to Blizzard to decide what they actually want to add to their game.

I understood these debates before Blizz decided to add fair skin tones to void elves. For some, it was kind of personal quest to deny that this will happen. I can understand that some people are angry about it, but claiming that blood elves are getting nothing and all the unique stuff is given to void elves is clearly delusional, since we have seen new options belfs are getting - new beards, new skin and eye colours, pretty unique jewellery, new hairstyles... and only thing which was confirmed to be shared with void elves are skin tones.

There are also more things to character customization which are in play that can't be shared, like faction specific transmogs and titles. You will not get Silvermoon City tabard (even in blue-gold variant) on the Alliance and you can't bear title "of Silvermoon", not to mention there is still specific heritage armor of Sin'dorei. All those things count. You will not be really able to make ren'dorei/quel'dorei spellbreaker look on the alliance.

I am pretty sure void elves will get more stuff, hairstyles and hair colour are most likely, since it is probably easiest customization to implement. I'm also sure blood elves will get loads of other options, we just have to wait and see. I believe there will be a fraction of customization which will be shared between belfs and velfs, and each race will have it's own distinctive customization. That is the most logical way to highlight thalassian heritage of both races, and maintain their unique thematics.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think it's natural that players are asking for more. There will always be many things that can be added to appease someone. It is up to Blizzard to decide what they actually want to add to their game.

I understood these debates before Blizz decided to add fair skin tones to void elves. For some, it was kind of personal quest to deny that this will happen. I can understand that some people are angry about it, but claiming that blood elves are getting nothing and all the unique stuff is given to void elves is clearly delusional, since we have seen new options belfs are getting - new beards, new skin and eye colours, pretty unique jewellery, new hairstyles... and only thing which was confirmed to be shared with void elves are skin tones.
    Yup, it is natural! Detractors just act like it isn't because it's personally going against their wishes. And as we can see with how you point out all the unique things Blood Elves are getting, the detractors are instead much more focused on what's coming to Void Elves or what has the potential to come to Void Elves.

It again highlights how their main focus is denying others options rather than keeping the focus on what they want to get for their customization options.

There are also more things to character customization which are in play that can't be shared, like faction specific transmogs and titles. You will not get Silvermoon City tabard (even in blue-gold variant) on the Alliance and you can't bear title "of Silvermoon", not to mention there is still specific heritage armor of Sin'dorei. All those things count. You will not be really able to make ren'dorei/quel'dorei spellbreaker look on the alliance.
    You're correct here, there's a lot of specifically Blood Elf things/Horde things that are unique to Horde Blood Elves. But what the High Elf request has shown is that there are players among Blood Elves that literally believe Blood Elves aren't Blood Elves and that they're High Elves (in title, not race) which is why so many of them do not seem to care about what makes a Blood Elf, a Blood Elf, but rather how they can keep the aesthetic of a 'High Elf' unique to themselves.

Something they utterly failed to do of course with the unveiling of High Elf options to both sides.

I am pretty sure void elves will get more stuff, hairstyles and hair colour are most likely, since it is probably easiest customization to implement. I'm also sure blood elves will get loads of other options, we just have to wait and see. I believe there will be a fraction of customization which will be shared between belfs and velfs, and each race will have it's own distinctive customization. That is the most logical way to highlight thalassian heritage of both races, and maintain their unique thematics.
    Yeah, agreed. Especially since in regards to Void Elves they're not techinically supposed to be getting customization options at all atm since the focus was original races for Shadowlands launch. So that we're getting the skin tones early is a bonus already.

Wait and see is definitely the name of the game, but of course what detractors are bemoaning right now is that they 'lost' against the High Elf request, despite getting blue eyes on Blood Elves. Because their focus was always ensuring Alliance never got to play human-skin elves.