Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Russia will survive the Coronavirus, but will need another Stalin to survive capitalism and the beautiful rampant democracy of today that comes with it. As will the whole world.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Speaking of something else than our bickering - yesterday Moscow doubled the official dead count after revising statistics.
    Now that is a start to more truthful reporting... hopefully.
    Ultimately, the only real measure of total effectiveness is "excess deaths" compared to base rate, not miriads of definitions of "covid-19 deaths" used by various countries.

Even if "excess deaths" are not caused by coronavirus directly, they result from measures enacted to fight it (less people going to hospitals, overloaded emergency care and so on).

Also much harder to forge. But getting those figures takes time.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Russia has survived Stalin, Hitler, Napolean, and even Gengis. I think they'll do just fine.
    I mean depends on your definition of "Survive". The dirt survived, the mountains survived. The people didn't necessarily survive, entire ethnic groups were wiped out or relocated by each of those. Governments certainly didn't survive. It wasn't always called "Russia", but the land was always there.

So I guess it depends on what your definition of survival is, and what parts you are considering for that definition. For that matter, what your definition of "fine" is.

I highly doubt Covid is going to force any sort of regime change. I have no doubt it will kill a very large number of people, and those people will not survive. The same is true of pretty much every country on the planet though.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    I mean depends on your definition of "Survive". The dirt survived, the mountains survived. The people didn't necessarily survive, entire ethnic groups were wiped out or relocated by each of those. Governments certainly didn't survive. It wasn't always called "Russia", but the land was always there.

So I guess it depends on what your definition of survival is, and what parts you are considering for that definition. For that matter, what your definition of "fine" is.

I highly doubt Covid is going to force any sort of regime change. I have no doubt it will kill a very large number of people, and those people will not survive. The same is true of pretty much every country on the planet though.
    Sometimes death is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Sometimes death is better.
    While agreeable in certain situations, the death cultism overall is not something to be proud about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

So, about this topic...
    Russia has said that actually roughly 500 medics have died from the Covid, which puts it much more closely to the unofficial reports and is a huge jump from the previous official statistics.

Some 489 medics have died in Russia after contracting coronavirus, the country's health watchdog, Roszdravnadzor, has said.

The latest toll is a sharp rise from the 101 reported last month.

Roszdravnadzor chief Alla Samoilova said problems in supplying protective equipment had been a contributing factor.

"If I'm being honest, there were issues at the start, there were some shortcomings," she said.

With more than 561,000 cases - including 7,790 during the last 24 hours - Russia has the third-highest number of cases globally. Its official death toll stands at 7,760.
    And looky look - lack of PPE is actually one of the reasons. What a surprise! /s
    Previously police visited doctors who said that it was the case and they were lacking it. I don't think goverment will apologise to them, though xD

Now we just have to wait until the official statistics for overall deaths in the country comes in. I think there is little point in guessing what they will show... But that will probably not come until after the referendum.
    Take that haters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Russia has said that actually roughly 500 medics have died from the Covid, which puts it much more closely to the unofficial reports and is a huge jump
    out a window, onto some food poisoning?

By the way, Putin installed one of those decontamination shower scrubber tunnels I'm used to seeing in Fallout 76 and overrated Bond movies (yeah I said it, COME AT ME) forcing visitors to go through it before visiting his office. So he can claim "we beat COVID 19" all he wants, but that's like saying "I beleve in Jesus but I'm staying Kosher just to be sure"

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    out a window, onto some food poisoning?

By the way, Putin installed one of those decontamination shower scrubber tunnels I'm used to seeing in Fallout 76 and overrated Bond movies (yeah I said it, COME AT ME) forcing visitors to go through it before visiting his office. So he can claim "we beat COVID 19" all he wants, but that's like saying "I beleve in Jesus but I'm staying Kosher just to be sure"
    Nah, this time actually dying from virus. Which, obviously, was reported before from unofficial sources, who were right after all.
    Of course the official excuse is different counting methods and more testing for the dead, but...

Gets quite sad when you think about the lack of PPE's, but the lack of propaganda is not a thing and it does get it's money. Latest bullshit about Baltic states having failed in battle against Covid came out roughly a week ago or so. Except we have one of the best results.
    Truly sad times.
    Take that haters.

Quote Originally Posted by Domcho View Post
    Russia will survive the Coronavirus, but will need another Stalin to survive capitalism and the beautiful rampant democracy of today that comes with it. As will the whole world.
    Given the birthrates in russia could it actually survive as a nation if they did another purge like stalin did?

So, about this topic...
    Russia has said that actually roughly 500 medics have died from the Covid, which puts it much more closely to the unofficial reports and is a huge jump from the previous official statistics.

And looky look - lack of PPE is actually one of the reasons. What a surprise! /s
    Previously police visited doctors who said that it was the case and they were lacking it. I don't think goverment will apologise to them, though xD
    It was just a matter of time before they would agree to something so obvious to everyone.

Pretty hard to hide when there is extreme shortage of medics overall.

- - - Updated - - -

Gets quite sad when you think about the lack of PPE's, but the lack of propaganda is not a thing and it does get it's money. Latest bullshit about Baltic states having failed in battle against Covid came out roughly a week ago or so. Except we have one of the best results.
    Truly sad times.
    What are your results so far, btw?

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    It was just a matter of time before they would agree to something so obvious to everyone.

Pretty hard to hide when there is extreme shortage of medics overall.

What are your results so far, btw?
    So why hide it in the first place? Why go after medics who dared to speak publicly and accuse them of lies?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Ctrl+F - "Latvia", "Estonia", "Lithuania". Brah...
    Take that haters.

So why hide it in the first place? Why go after medics who dared to speak publicly and accuse them of lies?
    Because that's their default mode of action? Deny and deflect.

Those denying and deflecting are generally employed doing exactly that - pretty much instantly on stimulus with no fact-checking. They are not actually solving any problems (that takes quite a lot more time then usual internet attention span and often involves different institutions/departments).

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/Ctrl+F - "Latvia", "Estonia", "Lithuania". Brah...
    I mean more of a local "feeling", stats (official or not) aren't everything

Because that's their default mode of action? Deny and deflect.

Those denying and deflecting are generally employed doing exactly that - pretty much instantly on stimulus with no fact-checking. They are not actually solving any problems (that takes quite a lot more time then usual internet attention span and often involves different institutions/departments).

I mean more of a local "feeling", stats (official or not) aren't everything
    Oh wow, what an interesting day! Shalcker acknowledging that Russia has priority on hiding shit and silencing people talking about said shit, instead of fixing it. O_O

What "local feeling"? What are you talking about?
    Take that haters.

Oh wow, what an interesting day! Shalcker acknowledging that Russia has priority on hiding shit and silencing people talking about said shit, instead of fixing it. O_O
    Different people doing it - some deny and deflect full time because they see it as their job, others try to solve issues; modern world is all about specialization.

What "local feeling"? What are you talking about?
    Do you still have some protective measures in place or did you already relaxed/removed them?

Different people doing it - some deny and deflect full time because they see it as their job, others try to solve issues; modern world is all about specialization.

Do you still have some protective measures in place or did you already relaxed/removed them?
    I truly wonder who has the official job of "deflector" xD Like, a cop decided that it is his job to go and intimidate a doctor for speaking out? Really? xD

We still do have some (masks in public transport, keep distance, yada yada). What is your point?
    Take that haters.

So the early voting has started for constitutional changes in Russia aka will Putin be allowed to rule until 2036?
    Well, the "early voting points" are so incredibly amazing it blows my mind. Lets have a laugh, I think we all need it:

https://twitter.com/navalny/status/1276057070664638466
    https://twitter.com/teamnavalny_brk/...99477976297477
    https://twitter.com/daniilken/status...24962240303104
    https://twitter.com/skazal_on/status...05191549526016
    https://twitter.com/teamnavalny_om/s...27089159286784
    https://twitter.com/navalny/status/1276067432633978880
    https://twitter.com/teamnavalnytver/...65209224966145
    https://twitter.com/skazal_on/status...23945348075520
    https://twitter.com/Sandy_mustache/s...86808662048769
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...00001810056501

I especially love the trunk of the car and a stone on the ground. Be absolutely sure that there won't be any cheating and all votes will be counted fair and square! Mr. Putin guarantees it!

Chairman of the Central Election Commission of Russia, Ella Pamfilova, AND the press-secretary of the president Dmitry Peskov says that there is absolutely no voting in car trunks, in buses, on rocks, etc. Surely, it all must be fake!
    Last edited by Easo; 2020-06-26 at 05:10 PM.
    Take that haters.