Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    ... but DH's are a braindead class. Your single target, cleave, aoe is all bound into a simple 2 (at most 3) button rotation. There's nothing DH's arn't good at.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinzora View Post
    Seriously it's the equivalent of removing sinister strike from outlaw rogue and linking all their combo building to passive auto-attack. When switching from demon blades to immolation aura spec we go from zero to three builders (demon bite, immolation aura, eye beam). It requires way more paying attention to resources and cooldowns to pull it off.

If anyone feels like DH are too simple then blame Blizzard for making passive talents superior to actives. Same goes for them nerfing momentum build, the most skill-based DH spec of all.
    No they don't.

DH is a brain dead class becuse outside of cooldowns it has 0 things to monitor. You don't need to monitor buffs, procs, pets, dots etc. The class has absolutely nothing to think about outside of "is eye beam/death sweep/meta/immo aura off cooldown" and even then, pressing the wrong ability only loses you a single global as opposed to some classes which if they mess up could lose there buff and have to do another 5-8 second build up to get back to where they was.

On top of that it also has an insane amount of built-in self healing which means that not only do you have to pay very little attention to your rotation but your also not nearly as punished as some classes for being hit by mechanics. Blur is also a very strong defensive with a very short cooldown and you have so much mobility that you can react 1-2 seconds later than other classes and still get out safely.

From survivability to rotation to mobility DHs kit is not only extremely easy to use but also insanely varied and powerful giving you something for almost every situation. Hell did you now death sweep (the ability you press every 4 seconds) gives you a 1 second window of having 100% dodge chance and this can even dodge many abilities? Just from pressing your buttons you basically can't take damage 25% of the time.

For reference, I main DH because it's insanely fun, flashing and BEAMS. I've also played many other classes and would never pretend that other classes are somehow extremely difficult, most are pretty easy but when it comes down to it DH is defiantly the brain-dead class.

Honestly if anyone is claiming any class isn't braindead in BFA then there is something wrong with them.

Personally i'm fine with DH being some button spammy blaster it's hella fun hope it remains the same

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OFiveNine View Post
    Honestly if anyone is claiming any class isn't braindead in BFA then there is something wrong with them.

Personally i'm fine with DH being some button spammy blaster it's hella fun hope it remains the same
    well most shit is brain dead in wow these days although some shit require 2 brain cells to play and some just 1 and problem is that the easier class excels basically on everything :P Don`t even want to start comparing to enh shaman from it standpoint
    Last edited by kosajk; 2020-06-03 at 11:26 AM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Imagine being that pathetic you get triggered by other peoples choices of class in a video game. Utter bafflement
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Seriously it's the equivalent of removing sinister strike from outlaw rogue and linking all their combo building to passive auto-attack. When switching from demon blades to immolation aura spec we go from zero to three builders (demon bite, immolation aura, eye beam). It requires way more paying attention to resources and cooldowns to pull it off.

If anyone feels like DH are too simple then blame Blizzard for making passive talents superior to actives. Same goes for them nerfing momentum build, the most skill-based DH spec of all.
    ok, i will take the bait.
    DH ist the easiest class to master...BY FAR. Extremely simple gameplay and almost nothing you need to pay attention to.
    If you play outlaw you have to pool CP, know when and how to reroll bones, know when to delay your between the eyes, manage your bladefurry properly...thats like 3 times the effort then I have to to as a dh in m+.
    Momentum build sucked balls but not because it was hard to master, but because it was annyoing af to play and often counterproductive.

If you're mad people call your class the easiest class in the game, don't play the easiest class in the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Imagine being that pathetic you get triggered by other peoples choices of class in a video game. Utter bafflement
    tbh im being pathetic by having regret to blizz that they make one op class excelling in any given department it can (grate aoe, great ST, good self healing, good defensive cd`s + extra raid/party utility in both pvp and pve) with basicly 7-9 butons to press, while cannot get shit straight for others in the same time (enh sham for instance good overall experience in pve with decent dps both aoe and st although basically no mentionable utility and pathetic CD`s which make it unplayable in pvp with 4 bars full of more or less occasional things to press)
    Last edited by kosajk; 2020-06-03 at 11:53 AM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Ha.

HAHAHA, oh that's good. You press, what? 1 button more? At best?
    Unholy DK buttons

DT - VP - SR - Apoc - UF - FS - SS - DnD - DC - Epi - Army (8min CD but we still use it) All those are used for DPS.

ST damage as a UHDK might be pretty straight forward, AoE is a whole other can of worms.
    It isn't about what easier to play, or what's more braindead ... the problem lies with the fact that with equivalent gear it requires more EFFORT to pull comparable DPS when comparing other classes to a DH. Hence DH is a 4desk spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    You have a class, the Demon Hunter, that has the most mobility, the least complexity, and arguably equal if not better performance than other "melee" DPS specs.
    That's just not true. Stop spreading misinformation.

Arms Warriors are miles ahead, Sin rogues with Expedient stack are also miles ahead. Frost DKs are ahead. Hell, even Survival Hunters are better DPS wise than Havocs atm.

The only melee specs in the game that Havoc is ahead are Ret Paladins and Ferals (and Ferals I think might be even ahead) and the un-used ST specs of rogue (which can spec Sin anyway).

Also, let's not forget that in order for Havoc to perform in that level they have to stack IS, which adds another massive retarded layer of RNG into the DPS output. Meanwhile, specs like Arms Warrior DPS is kind of consistent because they stack Expedient instead.
    Last edited by Laurin; 2020-06-05 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurin View Post
    That's just not true. Stop spreading misinformation.

Arms Warriors are miles ahead, Sin rogues with Expedient stack are also miles ahead. Frost DKs are ahead. Hell, even Survival Hunters are better DPS wise than Havocs atm.

The only melee specs in the game that Havoc is ahead are Ret Paladins and Ferals (and Ferals I think might be even ahead) and the un-used ST specs of rogue (which can spec Sin anyway).

Also, let's not forget that in order for Havoc to perform in that level they have to stack IS, which adds another massive retarded layer of RNG into the DPS output. Meanwhile, specs like Arms Warrior DPS is kind of consistent because they stack Expedient instead.
    Carefully read the context of what I said:

The point was that many classes can perform at a similar level of DPS as the demon hunter, but not with the same level of ease while also having the same level of mobility. I'm sure there's plenty of specs that can outperform the DH in any one category....but not with the same levels in the others.

No it is bran dead because has a 360 degree toolkit, can do anything and have ultra-mobility.

plus IS didnt helped

If you didn't think BFA Demonhunter was braindead then you are in fact braindead.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Ichology View Post
    I stand corrected then, although I cant be blamed not knowing about enhance atm lol

- - - Updated - - -

Realistically though, every dps spec you invest time in at a base level is "easy" in the game. Havoc is an extreme example of it, but when you go over to a game like FF14 (memes aside) and see dps specs like ninja, summoner, etc that have close to 30 actively used buttons and weaving, most things pale in comparison difficulty wise. From an encounter standpoint, wow is mostly more difficult, though (the exception being the Ultimate fights, which legitimately are harder than most end tier Mythic bosses, especially with no addon encounter support).
    I think you forget that you literally wait 2 seconds before you use another ability in ff.....the gameplay is terrible there. At least wow is fun and fast, most people who qq specs are easy can’t even purple parse...

Demon Hunters are the only class i can play on retail
    it's fun, dynamic, can compete without trying + double jump
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Stop worrying about other people's opinions of what you play. It's true that Demon Blades is a pretty dumb thing to exist but in a way it's kinda nice to have as an option because it's so different and unique compared to other classes, hopefully it doesn't become the best option again in Shadowlands though as I'm not that fond of using it.

Quote Originally Posted by AntenoraDK View Post
    Someone's salty that his chosen class is braindead easy.
    Newsflash bro. They're all braindead easy.

You'd be amazed at just how many people will call a class or spec "brain-dead", yet they couldn't perform with it to save their life.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Call me the reason the game is in the state it's in all you like but I just like easy specs. I'd rather spend more time focusing on my surroundings than playing piano on my keyboard.
    But... But that's the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    They are simple. Regardless of passive or active abilities to build resources, it’s a excessively simple class to play.
    That said, almost every spec is extremely easy to play, but don’t act like there’s some hidden nuance to DH.
    Maybe people would stop acting like there’s hidden nuance to havoc if people stopped acting like havoc was op in every aspect of the game when it’s very clearly not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    True true. I always thought that maybe BM hunters should have some sort of link that shared effects or something. I know that would open up an entire can of worms, but I've always thought it was an interesting idea. Pathfinder(Dungeons & dragons) has something like this with Wizard familiars and ranger companions. If their pet dies, they suffer varying degrees of negatives to offset the associated positives by having a pet to help them out.

It would be super difficult in WoW, though, since the pet AI is REALLY stupid sometimes. And controlling not only your own character, but also a pet in the middle of a raid where you have to navigate and execute mechanics with precision....hmm...yeah. That would be a gordian knot for sure.

But to get back on topic: No melee class can match the mobility of the Demon hunter. So there doesn't seem to be any sort of fairness in the DH also having the simplest mechanics(allowing them to focus more on correct execution of an encounter and situational awareness) as well as survivability AND top tier DPS output. :/ There needs to be SOME tradeoff somewhere.
    Where is this “top tier dps output”? Since it’s definitely not in nyalotha.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Momentum is awful to play with, especially in PVE. Having it bad is great

And every DPS is braindead to play - the encounters and coordination is the hard part of WoW, not actually playing your class
    Honestly, I find tanking to be the most brain dead. The only challenging thing in WoW right now is healing tbh.

It amazes me that bad tanks and dps even exist.