Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    So, the date came and went for the SQ42 video and CIG is quiet as usual.

The video was "done" in May.

When will CIG stop lying?
    Get a grip son, postponing or changing plans is not lying. A company has all the right to release stuff when they feel is right. Not sooner not later. It's their business it's their call.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2020-06-05 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Get a grip son, postponing or changing plans is not lying.
    At this point they should know better. So yea, I'd call them liars too.

A alpha game in development doesn't because it's pointless to make a tutorial before all the pieces are in place. If you do it will become outdated in the next patch and be a waste of time.
    Star Citizen had a tutorial which they then removed because it became more and more broken. People were actively begging Cloud Imperium to remove it.

ED got a tutorial overhaul 5 years after release because many players never played past the initial stage. For a lot of time most it's players had never bought a new ship.
    Do you have proof that many players never got past the initial stage? Do you have proof most players never bought a ship? I have never seen these statements made in the six years I have been following Elite Dangerous.

Get a grip son, postponing or changing plans is not lying.
    Ya know, any other company would make a tweet, or a post, or some form of communication to say that an previously announced video would be delayed. Guess CiG is too good for that.

Get a grip son, postponing or changing plans is not lying. A company has all the right to release stuff when they feel is right. Not sooner not later. It's their business it's their call.
    Why are you so scared to expect CIG to do anything? Chris isn't going to show up at your house and punch your mom just because you expected CIG to be true to their word.

Only a real cultist will defend CIG's lack of communication. Then again, you made your account specifically to participate in this thread and shill for CIG, so...

http://prntscr.com/suffnr

Höhö
    Last edited by Majestic12; 2020-06-05 at 02:41 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A alpha game in development

You do what's expected In a alpha enviroment.
    That was my point: SC is not a game, yet and I doubt it ever will be one. They promised to release the original pitch game back in 2014. They will just continue to feature creep until only the hardcore fans who buy expensive ships remain and then the game will die.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    Why are you so scared to expect CIG to do anything? Chris isn't going to show up at your house and punch your mom just because you expected CIG to be true to their word.

Only a real cultist will defend CIG's lack of communication. Then again, you made your account specifically to participate in this thread and shill for CIG, so...

http://prntscr.com/suffnr

Höhö
    Why would I be scared or expect a game company to do anything?

What I expect is that haters stop making drama out of everything concerning Star Citizen but that would be too much to ask for envious haters with a grudge. Remember that nobody forced you to fall in love with this game and dive into it to the tune of 600$ and then regret it.

You did that by your own choice. It's up to you to deal with your choices and own them.

Attacking the company with dumb drama year in year out wont erase those choices either.

They've already adressed that video issue. It's ready when it's ready and no internet drama on a random forum will change a thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    That was my point: SC is not a game, yet and I doubt it ever will be one. They promised to release the original pitch game back in 2014. They will just continue to feature creep until only the hardcore fans who buy expensive ships remain and then the game will die.

Read above. Game is in alpha and being developed it's not being sold as a finished game or polished experience. They have erned their financial independence and get to decide when and what to release. So It's ready when it's ready and if you have a problem with that You have a problem with that. It's irrelevant in the greatest scope of things.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2020-06-05 at 03:41 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They have erned their financial independence and get to decide when and what to release.
    They what now? As far as I remember they were given money to make a game. They are only financially independent because they run a very elaborate scam. They have no game but they have in-game items to sell.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

What the hell kinda thread is this anyway? Saw a guy get banned on the spot for "Is the game out yet?" I've seen that Anderson guy get banned at least five times only to return and get back to it - how many bans does it take to prove someone's incorrigable? Geez.

And while I'm aware that that is the game out dude was probably being facetious, it's still ridiculous for him to get shot down like that meanwhile 1-post ban evaders with Trump avatars are ruling off-topic politics but not being dealt with. That's just my 2c about this whole charade, peace out.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    What the hell kinda thread is this anyway? Saw a guy get banned on the spot for "Is the game out yet?" I've seen that Anderson guy get banned at least five times only to return and get back to it - how many bans does it take to prove someone's incorrigable? Geez.

And while I'm aware that that is the game out dude was probably being facetious, it's still ridiculous for him to get shot down like that meanwhile 1-post ban evaders with Trump avatars are ruling off-topic politics but not being dealt with. That's just my 2c about this whole charade, peace out.
    People tend to snipe each other in off topic and politics a lot, so naturally those forums are heavily, heavily moderated, with mods combing through almost every thread on the front page all of the time.

The video games forum doesn't have that. Nowhere near as much need for active combing through threads. Mods just really need to remove spam posts and to respond to reports.

The Star Citizen thread is probably the most moderated thread, because there is a lot of sniping here. At least, it seems like it's moderated more than it was years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    They what now? As far as I remember they were given money to make a game. They are only financially independent because they run a very elaborate scam. They have no game but they have in-game items to sell.
    They have a playable alpha you can login and test/play since 2013. All the money they got was given to them so they earned it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster0 View Post
    Star Citizen had a tutorial which they then removed because it became more and more broken. People were actively begging Cloud Imperium to remove it.

Do you have proof that many players never got past the initial stage? Do you have proof most players never bought a ship? I have never seen these statements made in the six years I have been following Elite Dangerous.
    You could check that through the XBOX/PS4 achievments tracking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    Ya know, any other company would make a tweet, or a post, or some form of communication to say that an previously announced video would be delayed. Guess CiG is too good for that.
    They did adressed it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    People tend to snipe each other in off topic and politics a lot, so naturally those forums are heavily, heavily moderated, with mods combing through almost every thread on the front page all of the time.

The video games forum doesn't have that. Nowhere near as much need for active combing through threads. Mods just really need to remove spam posts and to respond to reports.

The Star Citizen thread is probably the most moderated thread, because there is a lot of sniping here. At least, it seems like it's moderated more than it was years ago.
    Well I was mostly referring to giving people the benefit of doubt, which is very generously prevalent - I mean as long as you don't rock the boat too hard you can just troll the forums for years and that dude I was talking about earlier got shot down so hard I think he ended up in China. Ain't my buttbuddy or anything, hell I can't even remember the username but it's justr ridiculous. Anyway I, on the other hand, am, and made, corrigable so I'm gonna drop this now, have fun.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

You could check that through the XBOX/PS4 achievments tracking.
    Okay, this is now reading as cherry picked data.

It would hardly be representative of the whole playerbase across all three platforms.

I had a look at The Witcher III: The Wild Hunt. A much more popular games on the consoles and on PS4 only 31.9% found Ciri.
    Last edited by masterblaster0; 2020-06-05 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster0 View Post
    Okay, this is now reading as cherry picked data.

It would hardly be representative of the whole playerbase across all three platforms.

I had a look at The Witcher III: The Wild Hunt. A much more popular games on the consoles and on PS4 only 31.9% found Ciri.
    For some reason Frontier dedicated a update to revamp and ease the new player experience. I think it was around the introduction of Arx and Carriers.

What I expect is that haters stop making drama out of everything concerning Star Citizen but that would be too much to ask for envious haters with a grudge. Remember that nobody forced you to fall in love with this game and dive into it to the tune of 600$ and then regret it.
    You love projecting onto people in this thread. Who said they 'fell in love with the game'? Who said they 'dove into it to the tune of $600'?

If they are 'envious haters with a grudge' what does that make you? I'd point out your post history in this thread, but it has been well documented by others.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    You love projecting onto people in this thread. Who said they 'fell in love with the game'? Who said they 'dove into it to the tune of $600'?

If they are 'envious haters with a grudge' what does that make you? I'd point out your post history in this thread, but it has been well documented by others.
    The user I was adressing did. Why would anyone do that if it wasn't enamoured by it?

I like this game hence why I post in this thread.
    I dont spend time in threads of games I have no interest.

The user I was adressing did. Why would anyone do that if it wasn't enamoured by it?

I like this game hence why I post in this thread.
    I dont spend time in threads of games I have no interest.
    I don't recall them saying they spent 600 but maybe they did, doesn't mean they can't fall out of 'love' with the game when they don't like the direction it has been heading.

The difference between you and people that enjoy other games and post in those threads is that they can see flaws. There have been games over the years I have quite enjoyed but I'd never blindly defend a company from doing wrong things. Every game I've ever played if I was defending it from X or Y I'd be able to see the flaws in what I was defending, sometimes companies do shit they shouldn't do, a strong example would be WoW, love the game but damn if they don't make some really stupid choices in the direction of the game.

For some reason Frontier dedicated a update to revamp and ease the new player experience. I think it was around the introduction of Arx and Carriers.
    Yes, I believe it was September of last year. A nice change over the previous tutorial. The prior update added a small cluster for newbies to play in which was a nice touch as the original location was a single system and unscrupulous players would camp the newbies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I don't recall them saying they spent 600 but maybe they did, doesn't mean they can't fall out of 'love' with the game when they don't like the direction it has been heading.

The difference between you and people that enjoy other games and post in those threads is that they can see flaws. There have been games over the years I have quite enjoyed but I'd never blindly defend a company from doing wrong things. Every game I've ever played if I was defending it from X or Y I'd be able to see the flaws in what I was defending, sometimes companies do shit they shouldn't do, a strong example would be WoW, love the game but damn if they don't make some really stupid choices in the direction of the game.
    So maybe it's better to stay out of conversations you're not familiar with. He did already posted multiple times that he spent 600$ on Star Citizen in the early days.

There's no difference between me and you in terms of what one enjoys in games. You enjoy something you post about it and enjoy it for what it is. Though there is clearly a difference in how each one acts in terms of what one DOESN'T enjoys.

You seem to being unable to let go of Star Citizen for whatever reason, and fail to simply realise that EVERYTHING in life has flaws and that's just how things are. You can't please everyone. The same applies to video-games. You don't actually need to pick on everything you don't like and make a hobby out of dramatizing it.

But for some reason you, like most haters have been fixated on Star Citizen being bad that you can't let go, you'll find flaws in everything and anything and have become too adamant to create drama above any meaningful and constructive discussion. So it's only natural that you become frustrated when people who actually know about the game status keep derailing your drama wagon with simple and straightforward facts.

Like most haters, who've locked themselves so deeply into the mindset "Everything Star Citizen is evil" that year after year they need to fabricate new excuses to concern and dramatize to ease their frustration of seeing Star Citizen being developed.

Year after year....the same doomsday preaching... : "SC is going to collapse", "the funding chart is fake", "nobody cares about SC", "nobody plays SC", "they can't make big maps with that engine", "they'll never have star marine fps battles in a space game", "they can't land on planets, engine can't handle it", "they can't have female models", "they can't load vehicles inside other vehicles", "can't spawn capital ships" and on and on and on.

Yet not only Star Citizen keeps going just fine but growing every year both in players and funding.

So maybe it's better to stay out of conversations you're not familiar with. He did already posted multiple times that he spent 600$ on Star Citizen in the early days.
    Yes because you have perfect recollection of every conversation that has taken place here. Don't tell me what conversation to stay out of, I'll post where i fucking want, when I fucking want to whomever I fucking want. Period. It us up to moderation to step in if I somehow stepped over a line. That's it. That is not your call to make here.

- - - Updated - - -

There's no difference between me and you in terms of what one enjoys in games. You enjoy something you post about it and enjoy it for what it is. Though there is clearly a difference in how each one acts in terms of what one DOESN'T enjoys.
    There is a BIG FUCKING DIFFERENCE. You are N E V E R critical of Star Citizen, not once. Ever.

- - - Updated - - -

You seem to being unable to let go of Star Citizen for whatever reason, and fail to simply realise that EVERYTHING in life has flaws and that's just how things are. You can't please everyone. The same applies to video-games. You don't actually need to pick on everything you don't like and make a hobby out of dramatizing it.
    Yes because my posting here and there in this thread is me being unable to let it go. Outside of this thread I spend 0 seconds on this game, on its community or anything. This is a game I'd never play even if it DOES release. I find the aspect of Crowd Funding interesting and the disasters that have spawned from it, of which Star Citizen is a major one.

- - - Updated - - -

Like most haters, who've locked themselves so deeply into the mindset "Everything Star Citizen is evil" that year after year they need to fabricate new excuses to concern and dramatize to ease their frustration of seeing Star Citizen being developed.
    Sorry, this isn't cut and dry, black and white and so on. There are many layers to this. Many people would call you out being the opposite side, a defender of SC and everything they stand for, no matter what it is. I don't tend to bandy about labels like that, so I don't care to do so now. I just think you should learn to be critical of a company and the things they do. No one or no company is perfect, but you never call out their flaws. Why?