Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    As much as I like Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert 1 i'm looking forward to Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2 the most. Tiberian Sun had some pathing issues because the game came out to early, this could be something they can fix. I do wonder how a Red Alert 2 remaster would look like considering that the game aged quite well because of its colorful graphics.

And I wonder if they will consider a remastered Renegade aswell. This was Westwoods take on an unique strategical shooter game with RTS elements which also had a campaign. There aren't many games like this where your team has their own base, and whenever a building gets destroyed they lose whatever the building was offered. If the barracks was destroyed you could no longer buy better characters, if the war factory is destroyed you can no longer buy vehicles, if the refinery gets destroyed you will lose a lot of income etc. Renegade X is a very solid and quite faithful mod for this game, but I would love to see a proper remaster from the C&C team aswell.
    Old westwood team does work on a new version of renegade. (just under a different name)
    But i dont have high hopes...as even modded version was kinda forgoten.
    https://renegade-x.com/

Petroglyph Games meh version:

Yeah... I need this

man i miss command and conquer generals lol that game was so fun to play.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hottage View Post

Oh lordy lord.

Never thought I'd pay $150 + $50 shipping for a 25 year old game.

Which I already own twice.
    OH MY FUCKING GOD, I want that Mammoth!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    Nothing but an excuse because they got lazy/cut the prices.
    They have never listened before, but suddenly they listen now and it's when some players ask them to cut 90% of a project??
    You are kinda right? Only thing i looked forward to with Reforged was a changed campaign, but then they cut that. Except...not completely. Only thing i can guess is that they wanted to do more, then got told that it wasn't in their budget/didn't have the time so they rolled back. It is weird how some missions are changed (Dalaran, Silvermoon, etc.) but they couldn't do them all.

On topic though, i am super hyped to buy this. Cinematics look kinda blurry but i guess you can only do so much with that old ass footage. The music will end up on my phone as well by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    On topic though, i am super hyped to buy this. Cinematics look kinda blurry but i guess you can only do so much with that old ass footage. The music will end up on my phone as well by far.
    This should be relevant to your interests.

TLDW: They tried extremely hard to locate the original tapes but sadly could not. So instead they've had to upscale the shitty digital copies. Community helped a ton. I recommend watching the video though, it's quite the rollercoaster of a journey.

Is this a necro?
    Don't care, in a few hours we'll be back at farming Tiberium.
    Who's excited?
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Will they update the live action acting too? best part imo though think that would ruin it better to keep the old acting.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Will they update the live action acting too? best part imo though think that would ruin it better to keep the old acting.
    The FMVs have been upscaled. That's all they've done to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    The FMVs have been upscaled. That's all they've done to them.
    Good enough for me they are great as they are imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Good enough for me they are great as they are imo.

This might be of interest to you.

This might be of interest to you.
    Very nice they they didnt destroy the old source material and a employee stored them away even though they can only do so much with it today as it seems the originals with higher fidelity was lost, pretty big difference still compared to the old ones.

Was totaly prepared for them to be as the old days so im very happy about that and that video was interesting to watch.

Loved how happy he was looking threw all the tapes too

Hell yeah man that Hell March tune is just too good getting you all pumped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now i'm waiting for remastered Red Alert 2 and Tiberium Sun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ai pathfinding is still bad

Had my harvesters pass enemy base like its nothing.

the music alone is what made cc so awesome

This remaster has been everything that I hoped for. The graphics look a lot better, the game runs very smooth, I love the music even more than I already did, and the game feels very faithful to the original despite having so many improvements. I do think they could have made some more improvements like the AI pathfinding which is still bad. Also I wish that they improved the FMV/3D cutscenes aswell, which are still the originals and look very dated. The mission cutscenes are nicely improved though. I also notice that after not having played the first C&C game in quite some time, that its actually a lot more cheesier than I remembered while I always thought that it was a rather serious game. Not as silly as the Red Alert games where even I as a child noticed just how silly it was. Honesty the 90's as a whole had a lot of this kind of silly stuff and I do kinda miss it, you can definately feel like it was a whole different era for gaming.

Overall very satisfied with both remasters. I'd rate it a solid 9/10, its a good example of how well a remaster should be done (not like WC3:R... goddamnit Blizz). Now I really hope that they get to Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2 aswell.
    Last edited by McNeil; 2020-06-07 at 02:27 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got the C&C Remastered as a birthday present and am really enjoying it. Got a small heart attack after installing everything, launching my first skirmish and seeing the crazy pixelated view since it takes a couple of seconds for the space bar upgrade info to appear.

Seeing this high quality and effort remaster really got my hopes up for a possible Tiberian Sun remaster, as imo it is the best game of the franchise (or maybe on par with Zero Hour).

Having played a lot of Renegade X I would also love a renegade remaster just to be able to play the campaign again, those were some fun times.

This is the remaster we wanted for WC3:Reforged, and shame on Blizz for doing worse than EA.

It is everything that was promised:
    Graphic has been updated, but with the push of one button you can always switch back to the old version.
    The UI has been updated, who wants can use the classic left mouse button-style or the more modern one with building queues.
    The videos have been upgraded up until 4k, but since they could not get the original tapes some look better than others.
    A new mission selection menu allows you to redo every mission and its variants on any of three difficulty modes.
    The small intros and outros for the missions can be rewatched in this menu-
    The hidden missions have to be activated in the main menu of every game, either clicking on all 4 bolts in C&C or holding the left shift key and left-cklicking on the speaker in RA.
    All mission packs are included, even the console exclusive ones.
    The soundtrack is pure awesame-sauce, and you can make your very own playlists.
    They did some bug-fixing, balancing, and QoL updates, but the AI is still as smart as stale old bread.
    There is a gallery for all the extra-videos, pictures, outtakes that you get for beating the missions.
    Steam achievements are nice to have, but no must for me.

The 3 difficulty grades are casual, normal and hard.
    Casual makes your units cheaper, tougher and harder-hitting.
    Normal is ... normal.
    Hard is the opposite of casual, except your units are not more expensive. Since now a light tank is a serious thread to a russian heavy tank, let alone an allied medium tank beats it you are constantly forced to check on your troops and reposition them or repair them. Personally i find it more tedious since you have to micromanage your units more, but that is not what i would call hard. Your mileage may vary.

Since C&C 1 was the first game i got for PC it holds a very special place in my heart, so this brilliant remake makes me very, very happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.