10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    Could you be any more obnoxious?
    Oh, easily.

For example, I could point out that "a great day for George Floyd" has the highest level of African-American unemployment in a decade.

Or I could point out that new COVID-19 cases are rising faster than ever.

Or I could point out that Trump ordered Marriott to close its Cuba hotels. Yes, Trump tried to open a hotel himself in Cuba.

Or I could point out that Trump is due to visit Maine, where he will be met by protestors, won't meet the sitting Senator of his own party, and the governor has already warned him to watch his language. Maine's not exactly a huge state, and the governor warned him.

And I could go on and on.

But to answer your implied question, I am superior, in the sense that I don't support a lying loser who personally defeats any attempt to defend him -- even with the truth. DSF has a choice to make. I, of course, will continue to point out hypocrisy when I see it. You can call that obnoxious all you want.

- - - Updated - - -

And once again, it's time for Guess the Speaker!

I think we really need to step back. I think we need to look harder at who we elect.

What is their character like? What are their ethics? Are they willing, if they’re elected, to represent all of their constituents, not just the base, but all of their constituents? And then look at the politics.
    That's Kelly, yes Trump's former Chief of Staff

Source.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...DB&via=FB_Page

After shushing a black reporter asking about the current protests, Trump appears to have said what is occurring is "the greatest thing to happen for race relations".

Trump is a fuckin Nazi.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    *LOUD ANNOYING BUZZER*

So, did the SS move Trump to the bunker, like you said, or did he visit briefly in the day to do an inspection, like he said?

You have 24 hours to decide, or I decide for you and you admit your cowardice by failing to answer.
    Oh don't forget he still has to decide whether or not he wants to apologize for being wrong about Tear Gas being used against the peaceful protesters.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Dude. Again, not going to happen. The second wave is coming in a few weeks
    What's your source for this? I'm not saying I don't believe you, I'm just wondering what you're basing this opinion on.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    What's your source for this? I'm not saying I don't believe you, I'm just wondering what you're basing this opinion on.
    Cases are going up in the US, in different states. See what @Breccia posted.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Trump is bragging about unemployment going from 14% to 13.3%.

You wanna tell him that 13.3% is still really, REALLY bad, or should I? It's like bragging about going from an F average to a D minus average.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    He did indeed. Then he said his plan to fix racism is to make the economy strong.
    I mean that makes sense. The best way to solve Racism is to give more money to rich White Guys. I believe that was the official policy of the CSA as well.

But then Trump acts more like the second President of the CSA then the 45th President of the USA, so it fits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post

You wanna tell him that 13.3% is still really, REALLY bad, or should I? It's like bragging about going from an F average to a D minus average.
    Well anything is a success if you twist the statistics hard enough. It is like claiming that you had a 65% reduction in shitting your own pants since yesterday. I mean that is a good thing... sort of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh don't forget he still has to decide whether or not he wants to apologize for being wrong about Tear Gas being used against the peaceful protesters.
    There are so many members of the rabid fanbase who let my 24 hour -- or longer -- deadlines expire. Yes, that's on the list. The bloated fat orange fatass cowardly list.

Defending Trumps is a Herculian task being undertaken by Mr. Satan (use either version, they both work). If nothing else, Trump waiting 24 hours and saying "I was being sarcastic" is the best example. Sooooooo many people were What He Meant Was only for Trump to fuck them over with "I was kidding lol" proving that he was a liar the whole time. Your example was Trump's by proxy of McEnemy, that still counts, and boy did she try to dance around the "it wasn't technically tear gas" which (a) the fact that she was trying to draw that fine of a line is already proof there's a problem and (b) is now arm wrestling with "it depends on your definition of the word 'is' " by Bill Clinton.

Trump is wrong all the time, but let's face it, so am I. If I was running the country -- God help us -- and it was my job to make predictions, yeah, things might not be all that great. This is why I'd never try it. Trump's incompetent and refuses to learn or let people who know take the wheel. That's bad enough. The fact that Trump is an obnoxious blatant liar about objective facts is what makes that worse. You've seen me say "well, I was wrong"...um...dozens of times? I fucked up something as simple as a post office code and turned it into a week-long running joke. Trump tear gasses peaceful protestors and hides behind "it wasn't technically tear gas".

Cases are going up in the US, in different states. See what @Breccia posted.
    Well, I mean, I'VE been posting that daily for the past few weeks. But that's not so much the second wave as it is the inevitable rolling of the first wave into areas that weren't affected so much at the start.

New York and New Jersey--two of the hardest-hit areas at the start of the pandemic--have been going steadily down for weeks. The South and Midwest didn't really start getting hit so much the first month and are now the ones where those numbers are rising. It's not really their second wave--just the first that's been delayed by virtue of a less-dense or more isolated population.

https://twitter.com/ChuckGrassley/st...28286790422532

A little history/irony @realDonaldTrump Did u know Hillary Clinton didn’t want an inspector general so she didn’t have 1? Did u know it was a top priority for Kerry to get 1? That was Linick I found him 2b helpful when trying to get to bottom of email scandal Now he’s gone!
    Grassley has words. Surprisingly Trumpian sounding words.

But that's all, literally just words.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    FL and a couple of other early states are seeing spikes, and it has nothing to do with protesters, because COVID-19 take a couple weeks to percolate. FL particularly is seeing a big spike, and as @Breccia pointed out, they lie about their numbers - so if they are reporting a spike, the real numbers can only be worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I mean, I'VE been posting that daily for the past few weeks. But that's not so much the second wave as it is the inevitable rolling of the first wave into areas that weren't affected so much at the start.

New York and New Jersey--two of the hardest-hit areas at the start of the pandemic--have been going steadily down for weeks. The South and Midwest didn't really start getting hit so much the first month and are now the ones where those numbers are rising. It's not really their second wave--just the first that's been delayed by virtue of a less-dense or more isolated population.
    It could be that - a continuation of the first wave rather than a delineation into a second one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    The numbers, they used to be fake, but now they're real.

Can we trust this morning's surprisingly good employment report?

The short answer: Yes.

The longer answer: No statistics are entirely reliable, and the more of an outlier you're trying to measure, the less reliable your statistics become.

No one at the Bureau of Labor Statistics is trying to commit fraud.
    Just want to highlight that. Loopholes are legal. They're also transparent.

The agency was doing its very best to be accurate in October 2012, when employment figures made Obama look good, and it's doing its very best to be accurate in June 2020, when the same report makes Trump look better than many expected.

It's possible that "the models used to produce these numbers — they aren't really raw data — have gone haywire in a time of pandemic," says Nobel economics laureate Paul Krugman.

The official unemployment rate includes millions of Americans recorded as employed but absent from work due to "other reasons." Most economists agree those people should have been included as being unemployed on a temporary layoff, but for consistency's sake they were not.

The household survey, which measures unemployment, only managed to reach 67% of the people it tried to poll. That's down 15 percentage points from normal. Still, its results are in line with the results of the establishment survey, which measures employment, and whose response rate held up much better.
    The bottom line: All macroeconomic statistics should be taken with a large grain of salt right now. That said, this morning's report is undeniably good news.
    We'll see how this goes. Unemployment is up about 10% over pre-lethal outbreak. This isn't good news for Trump or the country, it's just less bad. And if the numbers are only this good because people "I was technically employed the whole time!" are back in, then those numbers can't get that much better that quickly. But a lot of experts made projections that all aligned with each other, than this doesn't match any of them. I'll celebrate if they stick.

It's time to stop being black

and start being American.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-06-05 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump is wrong all the time, but let's face it, so am I. If I was running the country -- God help us -- .
    Not that I'm advocating for you running the country--I know next to nothing about you outside of your posting history--but I think a good many of us would do better at the job than him simply by virtue of actually hiring people who know what the fuck they're doing and aren't actively working against the interest of the positions they're appointed to. Trump is an ignorant, dementia-riddled sack of evil shit, but if the people under him had been competent--and unwilling to execute orders that were the obvious result of late-night hamberder fever dreams--people probably wouldn't be suffering as much under this administration.

Trump promised "the best people" and only appointed people who are "best" in the sense that they are best at tearing the institutions down while filling their pockets. I think America could still do fairly well off with an incompetent President who still had appointees who knew their shit and actually had the interests of the American people in mind when shaping policy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    FL and a couple of other early states are seeing spikes, and it has nothing to do with protesters, because COVID-19 take a couple weeks to percolate. FL particularly is seeing a big spike, and as @Breccia pointed out, they lie about their numbers - so if they are reporting a spike, the real numbers can only be worse.
    Well, again, I'VE been pointing that out daily for a while now, though Breccia was almost certainly one of the first to mention it when it was reported a month ago. Florida never had the huge wave that everyone was expecting after the Spring Break crowd went through--or at least they never reported it. Without any actual data to go on (instead of their obviously doctored--"47"-obssessed--daily results) it's going to be really hard to pinpoint when the first wave ends and the second begins there.

I have no illusions of there never being a second wave in the States. I think it's pretty inevitable. I just don't think it's beginning to happen yet based off of what I've been observing. It's certainly possible that it'll be within a few weeks as Therpersona suggests; I just wanted to see if they had information I didn't. I'm convinced we'll be seeing it by the start of the Fall at the latest.

EDIT: I will add that the national numbers need to be taken with a grain of salt given that each state has handled and continues to handle the response differently. A large number of those who are seeing spikes now are those that weren't affected much in the beginning--so they opened their states up prematurely and are now experiencing the first wave in earnest. Meanwhile California REALLY flattened the curve out in the beginning of the pandemic, so while their numbers continue to climb in recent days this is also most likely still the first wave there, just delayed/prolonged due to their efforts.

Bottom line is there's a lot of variables to look at when it comes to a nation as massive as the US, so I was curious if there was some other news/science source that was making the prediction Thepersona did.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-06-05 at 05:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post

and start being american.
    It's time to stop being white, and start being American.

10+ Year Old Account

I can’t really stop being black, considering I’m not black. So... what’s my path to start being American?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Bottom line is there's a lot of variables to look at when it comes to a nation as massive as the US, so I was curious if there was some other news/science source that was making the prediction Thepersona did.
    Ok, so i was just a little bit pesimistic, forget about my prediction of 2-3 weeks till we see a second wave.
    Try 2-3 months.

https://www.businessinsider.com/seco...in-fall-2020-5
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...9e6_story.html
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.

I don't know, right now I would settle for the Trump administration to stop being Russian and start being American.

Just because there are bigger things in the news doesn't mean they aren't still doing Vlad's buisness. Richard Grenell, the guy that Germany kicked out for being a Russian apologist and ass, while being the US Ambassador there, has been busy undermining the US investment in Kosovo, betraying them back to the Serbs, because it is in Russia's best interest to eliminate NATO military presence in the Balkans. When the Kosovar President objected, Grennel apparently arranged to have him ousted. This is pretty damn treasonous, and yet ANOTHER case of betraying all the hard work the US military has been doing for decades. We have maintained forces there to stop exactly this result since the 90s.

So maybe if the Trump administration decided to act like Americans for a change, that argument would be a bit easier to make.

Ok, so i was just a little bit pesimistic, forget about my prediction of 2-3 weeks till we see a second wave.
    Try 2-3 months.

https://www.businessinsider.com/seco...in-fall-2020-5
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...9e6_story.html
    Yeah, that's about what I felt as well. The start of Fall or thereabouts. Especially if students are sent back to schools that are WHOLLY underprepared to accommodate the measures they need to to combat this pre-vaccine.

- - - Updated - - -

Look, the past few pages have flown by for me...has this been discussed?

Trump Shushes Black Reporter Asking What He’s Doing About Systemic Racism

I...I have no words. Except expletives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Especially if students are sent back to schools that are WHOLLY underprepared
    Some schools are pushing off in-person classes yet further, if they feel they're in this position.

Meanwhile there's a school bus outside my door every morning for...some reason.