Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    ...He's not purge the heretics, Yrel landed on that far more then Turalyon. He just got hostile with Illidan about it for maybe a minute(Again understandable we helped her only to have her die again). Him being lightforged(Sorta..) doesn't mean he's some vessel for the Light like you compared it to a vessel for the Old Gods. When Turalyon goes *Fanatic* I'll be here to be upset about it...but that day is not today.
    Yeah, I admit Turalyon wasn't the best example but again, we haven't seen enough of Y'rel since WoD and she would be the best example.

I guess we'll see what Calia gets up to

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Oh someone at Blizz hit the PR button?

Pathetic. Well, my sub is running out soon, so I think it's a good time to take that "entertainment media vacation" until prepatch anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    As expected.

Formerly known as Arafal

I can guarantee this was about announcing prepatch and showing off some stuff in regards to SL

I can guarantee they'll make an announcement about that stuff either sometime this weekend/Monday or the day after all of this

I can guarantee they'll still hold the stream sometime next week

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    I can guarantee this was about announcing prepatch and showing off some stuff in regards to SL
    They basically said they weren't touching prepatch until they finished Shadowlands. While I think that's somewhat of a lie it basically telegraphed that prepatch wouldn't be happening anytime soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not pathetic, its fine, stuff is hectic lately. We can wait a little bit.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    They basically said they weren't touching prepatch until they finished Shadowlands. While I think that's somewhat of a lie it basically telegraphed that prepatch wouldn't be happening anytime soon.
    I meant mostly giving a date for prepatch because, yeah, they've definitely got people working on it.

And if you think about it, it's not going to take them 5+ months to create that event. It's something a team could probably slap together in a little over a month, especially if it shares anything with the WotLK prepatch.

Good to see them catch flack for this cynical pandering that wholly contradicts what they've exhibited.

Sad to see consoomers defend them anyway. "M-maybe they changed their minds and learned from it!"

Pandering or not, I like it. Forces people who want nothing to do with what's going on in the world (a lot of people itt) to be inconvenienced by it and have to acknowledge it a little.

This is 100% a case of "this hits so close to home " vs "this hits so close to our wallets"

Edit: Don't go to WoWhead and read the comments on the post about this

Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    Pandering or not, I like it. Forces people who want nothing to do with what's going on in the world (a lot of people itt) to be inconvenienced by it and have to acknowledge it a little.
    I'm not surprised to see MMOC happy at less World of Warcraft.

This is 100% a case of "this hits so close to home " vs "this hits so close to our wallets"

"We're only too happy to comply when it doesn't mean going against China."
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Imagine being such a husk as to actually get mad about this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    "We're only too happy to comply when it doesn't mean going against China."
    More like "This really big event that has massive ramifications does affect us so we should probably not fuck it up."
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    Ah yes, because it was so avoidable, lmao.

- - - Updated - - -

More like.

"If we don't post some boilerplate message of support, we will be eaten alive by the 'powerless' masses."

vs

"If we let this message of support slide, we'll be cut off from daddy Xi's pocket, and if we don't let it slide, it won't really affect us and we get to keep our $$$$"

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I took it more as the pre-event needing some SL stuff, so they can't release it before SL is mostly done. Not that they aren't working on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Ah yes, because it was so avoidable, lmao.
    Yeah, the idea that you can just opt out of being affected by major events in the world is kinda silly.

I'm not buying that Blizzard actually cares about the BLM movement - I think they just delayed the event, because the masses expect everyone to be focused on the BLM stuff and thus any big company that does some press event or whatever would probably get huge backlash, which is something Blizzard would surely prefer to avoid.

That said, I'm really curious how long will the delay be? The situation in the US doesn't seem to be getting any closer to some resolution, be it some actual change or even the public getting bored with BLM and moving on, so there might not really be a good time to hold this event for a pretty long time. And heck, something tells me we might have to wait until July.

Hopefully that delay doesn't screw with their so far pretty nice handling of the testing process.
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2020-06-05 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    I'm not buying that Blizzard actually cares about the BLM movement - I think they just delayed the event, because the masses expect everyone to be focused on BLM things and thus any big company that does some press event or whatever would probably get huge backlash, which is something Blizzard would surely prefer to avoid.
    Pretty much that. It's all performative.

And neh, shouldn't take longer than a week, maybe a week or 2, since that's when most other bandwagon jumpers lose interest/find another way to farm karma/likes on Reddit, Twitter and Instagram and only the core people who are actually involved go on to push for change in a less theatrical way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    I'm not buying that Blizzard actually cares about the BLM movement - I think they just delayed the event, because the masses expect everyone to be focused on BLM things and thus any big company that does some press event or whatever would probably get huge backlash, which is something Blizzard would surely prefer to avoid.

That said, I'm really curious how long will the delay be? The situation in the US doesn't seem to be getting any closer to some resolution, be it some actual change or even the public getting bored with BLM and moving on, so... uhm, I have this weird feeling that we might have to wait a month or even more for that event.
    Corporations of that size do not care about politics unless it affects them directly.
    However, the employees probably do care. America has finally boiled over, and we are a couple days away from protesters bringing guns out to defend themselves.

I doubt Blizzard as a company cares about what their consumers think. I think they are far more afraid of what happens if their employees start a strike, which they honestly very well could do. They are a tech company in on of the most left-leaning states in the US. All it takes is a single misstep from the management and everything goes to shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Pretty much that. It's all performative.

And neh, shouldn't take longer than a week, maybe a week or 2, since that's when most other bandwagon jumpers lose interest/find another way to farm karma/likes on Reddit, Twitter and Instagram and only the core people who are actually involved go on to push for change in a less theatrical way.
    Normally that is what happens. But this time it is actually happening to the protestors, with real-life ramifications.
    The assumption that most protests like this blows over is predicated on the people protesting not caring enough for real change because the outcome for them personally does not change regardless.

Besides, these are protests against police brutality, and each protest is countered with more police brutality. Not to mention itt was instigated by a policeman who is now under custody. If he is declared not-guilty, or otherwise freed of charges then you can bet your ass the conflicts will escalate.

Lastly, rational discussion is predicated on both sides being able to sit down. And the police side of things really do not seem to be interested in much more than responding with more force.
    The world revamp dream will never die!