Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Did you even read the blue post? It says the stream is about upcoming content that is still being developed. That doesn't sounds like the same content streamers are playing and sharing on their streams. To me, it sounds like new content that hasn't been shown yet. Why waste resources having a detailed stream about upcoming content that's already available on a variety of streams? It only makes sense that they'd showcase new content, content that streams don't have access to. You might have some bias which is why you refuse to believe they'd share new content, but I'm more open minded.
    Yo, if you already know what the "upcoming content that is still being developed" is and what they were going to show, how do you know it isn't ready? Fact is, they could throw anything together and have it ready for a "stream". Did you really expect this to be a Blizzcon type showing? What?

More important voices will be heard, that's true.

People, in solidarity with Blizzard of course, will postpone pre-ordering and subscribing.

Why can't they let us make the statement instead of using the company to do it and just stick to making stuff and making money from that stuff?

It's almost an echo of "flying at max level hurts our map designer's feelings."

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    All the companies are selling the same white font on black background message about standing up and some vague, noncommital nonsense about letting more important voices be heard.
    It's the equivalent of "sending thoughts and prayers"

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's the equivalent of "sending thoughts and prayers"
    Or changing your logo to a rainbow flag, or a french flag, or a black square.

"I'm helping!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    I'm just done with this whole situation. Here in Europe people are protesting over something that happened in the US. While there is still a virus going around. Absolute madness.
    Police brutality is not something unique to the United States. A lot of people are done with that "whole situation" which is why protests are occurring worldwide.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    This idea that companies would be virtue signalling "to seem woke and garner woke-points" is HILARIOUS in the light of GamerGate.
    This is the take. There really is no benefit to be had by adopting a woke sounding stance which loads of embarrassing people who describe their entire personality as 'gamer' are going to hate anyway.

Also I feel like people kicking off about this stuff publicly, yano so people know they disagree with it, might be trying to signal to others what their virtues are. It's funny how virtue signalling is only a problem to crypto-fascists when they don't like something.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayze View Post
    100% support this.

To everyone else, don't worry, you'll get your announcement A BIT LATER THAN EXPECTED but you all probably shouldn't be in favor of police brutality. Like JFC...
    Thinking it's silly that a company delays an online stream because of something that has nothing to do with the vast majority of the world's population/their customers doesn't mean you're in favor of police brutality.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wekko View Post
    Yo, if you already know what the "upcoming content that is still being developed" is and what they were going to show, how do you know it isn't ready? Fact is, they could throw anything together and have it ready for a "stream". Did you really expect this to be a Blizzcon type showing? What?
    Well first off, them saying it's in development tells me it's not ready, but that's not the point. The main point is that they're delaying the stream and they're using the george floyd protesting as their excuse not to have their stream on the 9th. Those 2 are facts, no point in arguing that. Now it's pure speculation for why they'd postponing the stream, but my thinking is they could use more time, even if it's just 24 hours. To further back that, they postponed the stream and haven't given a new date for the stream. They say "future" which implies indefinitely. How can they go from having all this information to share with us on the 9th to not having a future date for the stream? Again this is speculation, but I'd like to hear opposing speculations as to why they would postpone the stream, not give a date for the future stream, and why they using george floyds death as their justification for postponing the stream.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Thinking it's silly that a company delays an online stream because of something that has nothing to do with the vast majority of the world's population/their customers doesn't mean you're in favor of police brutality.
    Having any kind of emotion for a company delaying a stream for any reason they see fit is silly. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comm...m_medium=web2x

this should tell people all they need to know about coroporate america
    Corporate anything is general "try to piss off as few people as possible".

Honestly it'd be better if they just stayed out of everything.

To be expected, oh well.

The company (there are several): - We are postponing X/Shutting down Y in support of the Protests.
    Much smart players: - BuT WhAT Is ThE ReASon?? WhAT DOes IT mEAn???

No wonder we have flat-earthers and anti-vaxxers.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-06-05 at 11:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    It draws attention to BLM and gets people who may not have known or been talking about it to talk about it. Anything that brings more attention to what's happening is a good thing, even if it's something as small as a game company going "We're not going to do this stream" because now suddenly, all the wow fans who were going to watch are talking or at least have their attention drawn to BLM
    I'd argue everyone who wanted to take interest would have by now after it's dominated news and social media for the last few days but regardless, so you're saying that "the move was good and a net positive" because it draws attention but are you sure? Actively telling people something they were looking forward to has been stopped (without a future date as of yet as well) because of BLM paints a decidedly negative lens on everything. As much as Blizzard may be saying they support them, although arguably Blizzard is one of the few companies that really shouldn't be putting themselves out there with their current track record, they are also effectively laying the blame at the BLM movement's feet for why people won't be seeing the event on the 9th June which I argue is a bit of a stupid move. Now it's just as likely that people will just shrug their shoulders, ignore this and keep playing WoW or do literally anything else but it's also as likely that more than few people are going to be mad about it (just cause and if this comments section is any indication then yeah it's happening) which in turn directs more negative attention towards BLM. As in Blizzard's act of "virtue" is more likely going to have the opposite effect as it works to generate and direct more dissenting views than agreeable ones as well the agreeable people have already been in agreement with the movement for a while now.

Of course I'm not saying this is just Blizzard doing this, I'd argue that every media company that is pulling a "virtuous echo" move for the clout is having a far more negative effect on the impression on the movement that has already been placed in a rather negative light by the riots that have been popping up among their protests and bad faith actors within or in support of the movement actively using it as a defence for harassment and their own individual gain.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

People bring up Hong kong, and I agree that was bad, but isn't it a good thing they seem to handle this better? Like, if you thought that was bad, you should find this at least okay. Or if you think they can never change at all, why support Blizzard at all by being involved in their games? Shouldn't you feel like it's good they are playing this one safe, instead of going ahead heedlessly?
    Last edited by Stormykitten; 2020-06-05 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Corporate anything is general "try to piss off as few people as possible".

Honestly it'd be better if they just stayed out of everything.
    The thing is, once other companies start to take a side, Blizzard are put in the position where if they don't do the same, they appear to be choosing the side of the abusive police officers being protested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    At least it gives us a more days of relief from people who will view the stream as bad news.

"My class is being neglected"
    "OMG scrap covenants already"
    "Torghast is shit forced content, wtf!"

etc, etc.
    True, just delaying the inevitable

Quote Originally Posted by Kayze View Post
    100% support this.

To everyone else, don't worry, you'll get your announcement A BIT LATER THAN EXPECTED but you all probably shouldn't be in favor of police brutality. Like JFC...
    I mean I don't understand why they couldn't do their announcement anyway. But then again I'm not such a simple person to be able to be looking forward to and listen to a gaming announcement and pay attention to the protests.

It's 100% virtue signaling, especially because they are contradicting their position on politics when they banned a guy from the Hearthstone tournament because they were being political.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    There's always someone with the, 'whataboutism'. If it were up to people like you, nothing would get done because, "WHAT ABOUT X?! AND Y?!". For fuck's sake, the topic at hand is about a particular issue. Whether you agree or disagree with the issue is another discussion, but the line of thinking you bring up just makes you look like you're moving the goalposts for the sake of argument. You may not like Blizzard's decision, but what exactly is your point?
    Well ya know if there is a threat. In that case a threat to African American lives and you genuinely care about removing said threat you go for the head of the beast (black on black violence) not the little toe (police murdering 1 African American).

Imagine if previous generations would have been as dumb and gullible as the current generation. Ignoring the head of the beast and pussyfooting around the little toe. We would all be speaking German by now.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    The thing is, once other companies start to take a side, Blizzard are put in the position where if they don't do the same, they appear to be choosing the side of the abusive police officers being protested.
    Indeed.

It's a true damned if you do, damned if you don't-situation. Almost a picture perfect one.
    But it's also not a new phenomenon, companies have done this before and will do it again. Blizzcon was cancelled due to Corona, yet we still saw this kind of outrage for that too.

Can never win.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Indeed.

It's a true damned if you do, damned if you don't-situation. Almost a picture perfect one.
    But it's also not a new phenomenon, companies have done this before and will do it again. Blizzcon was cancelled due to Corona, yet we still saw this kind of outrage for that too.

Can never win.
    At least that one was based in reason though. This virus bs probably isn't going to be done by then and you can't bet on it anyway.