WoW Classic - Layers added to Arugal and Faerlina

WoW Classic - Layers added to Arugal and Faerlina
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    2:00 p.m. PDT June 5

At this time, we’re enabling a second layer for the Arugal and Faerlina realms, in order to alleviate recent, unexpected queues.

1:00 p.m. PDT May 28

Over the next few minutes, we’re enabling a second layer for the Herod and Whitemane realms. This is a step we’re taking very carefully to make it so that players can enjoy playing on those realms during peak hours.

It has been a very high priority for us to understand why, after we de-layered ten realms on May 14, these two realms reversed course and experienced this, while the others did not. We will continue to pay very close attention to this situation and make adjustments to the game service as necessary.

As before, Herod and Whitemane remain restricted from the Character Transfer service.

You think you do, but you don't...

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    That's what happens when everyone has to flock to a few realms, the rest of them are dead

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    That's what happens when everyone has to flock to a few realms, the rest of them are dead
    This. It's exactly the reason early layering and LESS realms is the best idea, but no, every moron wanted a realm without queues but also no layering because muh authentic vanilla experience...

They added far too many realms, now the majority are dead/dying and everyone is, as expected, playing the few huge realms because their server has died. I said it before Classic launched, it was confirmed early on when that realm (I forget the name) was dead on Alliance side and Horde were just hanging around in Ironforge. Many follow, one faction died, the other had nothing to do and also died because people transfer.

& I guarantee it's people like this who caused it:

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    This. It's exactly the reason early layering and LESS realms is the best idea, but no, every moron wanted a realm without queues but also no layering because muh authentic vanilla experience...

They added far too many realms, now the majority are dead/dying and everyone is, as expected, playing the few huge realms because their server has died. I said it before Classic launched, it was confirmed early on when that realm (I forget the name) was dead on Alliance side and Horde were just hanging around in Ironforge. Many follow, one faction died, the other had nothing to do and also died because people transfer.

& I guarantee it's people like this who caused it:
    Are you talking about that EU realm? I remember that, basically all the alliance transferred off.

Blizz fucked up classic honestly. In many ways.

Are you talking about that EU realm? I remember that, basically all the alliance transferred off.

Blizz fucked up classic honestly. In many ways.
    I'm not sure what region or realm it was, but it was very well known at it's time of dying.

e: Flamelash I believe after a quick google search.

https://youtu.be/Qp6gOfbWgXg?t=156
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2020-06-06 at 12:50 AM.

This issue has nothing to do with a large player base, Classic isn't as popular as your dramatic post is making it out to be. 20,000 players on one server set up to manage 5000 will cause issues that need layering and 20,000 isn't alot.

The issue is that no one wanted Ques at the start so they went to newly opened servers, some went to newly open servers for other reasons like....Devilsaur hide....mining....skinning....herbing all the lotus... ect, a new server is a good way to create a monopoly on the gathering market. Others went to new/low pop servers because Honor was unlocked and they got farmed everywhere they went and couldn't actually play the game.

However those low pop/new servers still had a steady population because Classic was in it's early phase and it was still "new" to many people. However Blizzard then made the mistake of unlocking server transfers. Now people who don't want to be on dead/low pop servers leave to the high pop servers so they don't have issues finding guilds....pugs....dng groups ect because at the end of the day 90% of the classic population aren't vanilla players, they're used to the "hand held" wow game we have today where you don't need to work for anything. Blizzard also made more lotus/herb spawn points so being on a low pop servers no longer has a benefit for gold making especially considering everyone who wants gold has a mage/hunter/lock/spriest alt to solo farm dngs and don't even go into the actual world.

So now all the "hardcore" players have left to populated realms the casuals are left on a server by themselves, casuals are casuals for a reason so when a server is nothing but, it becomes dead. You're then left with 2-3 populated servers and the rest just the casual player base. So servers like Faerlina have Que times because it's all the people who actually play Classic not the casuals who stayed on the dead servers cause they barely play anyways.

It has nothing to do with JAB being wrong in his comment or right, it has everything to do with Blizzard poorly managing Classic servers and allowing stupid shit like transfers to make more money.

Do people realize 90% of these “dead” realms still have higher player pops than actual full vanilla servers?

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Do people realize 90% of these “dead” realms still have higher player pops than actual full vanilla servers?
    And yet, for as "dead" as people like to call Retail, it still has more players than Classic in NA and EU, either that means retail isn't dead, or classic is doing that great.

I sit around and debate about classic and retail.. which is better.. which is more alive..

I am a loser.

Decisions like spinning up new servers that everyone knew would be ghost towns in a month or two is a major contributor to what Classic has become. Obviously you were gonna have the people that follow the streamer(s) because they lack brain cells. But even with free server transfers people refused to leave the servers that had long queues.

To me, as someone who played Vanilla and was active on Private Servers, having layering on more often would be fine with me. The #NoChanges crowd is a troll meme, and should not have been pandered to. It's 2020, you can't plop the mechanics, environment, community, and game from 2004 into 2020 without accounting for how things have evolved in 15 years.

And yet, for as "dead" as people like to call Retail, it still has more players than Classic in NA and EU, either that means retail isn't dead, or classic is doing that great.
    That isn’t true at all? WARcraft logs has more
    Players raiding in classic than retail

Secondly, Herod has queue sizes more populated than full retail realms. Retail has to scale down the population of their realms due to graphical features that aren’t super polished; it’s why classic can have 100v100 fights and retail melts down thinking of 50v50 wpvp

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    That isn’t true at all? WARcraft logs has more
    Players raiding in classic than retail

Secondly, Herod has queue sizes more populated than full retail realms. Retail has to scale down the population of their realms due to graphical features that aren’t super polished; it’s why classic can have 100v100 fights and retail melts down thinking of 50v50 wpvp
    Blizzard during investor call "Classic has more players in the East (China, Korea, etc) and Retail has more players in the west (Na/EU/OCE)." They can't lie during that shit, that's how you get your business canned and your execs thrown in jail.

Retail has considerably higher population caps per realm than classic, and all of classics population is on like 3-4 realms because a dead realm means no groups. That's why they get queues.

As for raids... i mean.. besides random world pvp and 3 bgs what else are you going to do? You can run a classic raid with basically 40 warm bodies and they're barely at normal level of difficulty (which wow-progress doesn't track)

Blizzard during investor call "Classic has more players in the East (China, Korea, etc) and Retail has more players in the west (Na/EU/OCE)." They can't lie during that shit, that's how you get your business canned and your execs thrown in jail.

Retail has considerably higher population caps per realm than classic, and all of classics population is on like 3-4 realms because a dead realm means no groups. That's why they get queues.

As for raids... i mean.. besides random world pvp and 3 bgs what else are you going to do? You can run a classic raid with basically 40 warm bodies and they're barely at normal level of difficulty (which wow-progress doesn't track)
    Not to mention the simple fact that a majority of people on Live, do LFR. And people simply do not use logs for that. Hell, a lot of people raiding normal, don't do logs. Classic has a far less diversified playerbase in terms of content available.

Cirka 70-or-so Classic realms in total. A handful listed as Full with queues and layering.

Meanwhile, Live has 60+ FULL realms on EU alone, 166 realms in total, again in EU alone.

But the crowd invested in thinking that Classic "carries Retail" won't let such pesky things as facts stop their delusions. Gonna be interesting to see where the narrative lands in a year or so, especially once TBC opens up. And whether Blizzard learnt some lessons from Classic's release and server policies.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-06-06 at 04:58 PM.

Lol classic is dead. /facepalm.

Even my shitty rp realm I play on has several bwl pugs happening on a nightly basis.

You kids are cute.

I play several characters on servers that have not had layers since forever ago and they are very very active.

That’s not what they said at all. I was on that call. They said wow classic remains popular in the East and retail in the west but that wow classic has dramatically overshot their expectations

If you know corporate speak, that was their way of saying retail isn’t doing so hot overseas