Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    WoW is in a horrible state right now. If you cannot feel that - great for you. You are probably chain-running M+, as that is the only part of the game that is actually improved over previous versions:

- Leveling is horribly unrewarding; you are basically enticed to level a new AR to unlock some transmo only to delete the toon afterwards to make room for the next.
    - Regular, untimed Dungeons have never been deader than in BFA. They could just as well not even exist and nobody would notice.
    - Island Expeditions and Waitfronts turned out to be disgusting turds.
    - Raiding is completely pointless. Most people have never recleared a raid fewer times than in BFA. There simply is no reason to go back. This extends to LFR as well. Absolutely no reason to do it.
    - PVP is totally in the shitter with vers-stacking to 15min games in rated, one shot TD stacking in unrated and constant 25-30% bonus in WM for one faction because Blizzard eliminated the Alliance from the game. Also: No rewards worth even mentioning.
    - Have fun running the exact same scenario SIXTEEN TIMES if you are planning on getting a new character up right now. Oh, that's right...you cannot even run it sixteen fucking times because the currency to even let you enter the POS is timegated and requires you to instead do something even MORE BORING for weeks.
    - Bots, Multiboxers and Boosters appear more numerous than regular players. At least i personally have never seen it this bad in front of me since 2005.
    - With all the focus on small-group and solo-content and the total neglect of large-group-content many specs fall harder on their faces than ever before.
    - subjective point: The narrative and lore has never been worse before. Not even when there was no narrative or lore.

So, yeah...everything is awesome. Just keep it coming, Blizzard! There is nothing to fix here.

Non-Sarcastic-Version: I just wish Blizzard would remember what made their games awesome and industry-leading 15 years ago. They don't need to learn anything from anybody else. Just go back to your own strengths.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2020-06-06 at 12:23 AM.

The ONLY thing wow (well it's developers mostly) lacks is the balls of steel to tell playerbase to fuck off and go play minesweeper if they don't like wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    1. ESO is irredeemable trash that unironically has loot boxes that directly impact player power.

2. If WoW makes more in a month than FFXIV or ESO make in a year what does blizzard need to fix exactly (from their perspective).
    WoW is just become bland and boring from how old it is, nothing is going to make it any better, its lost most of its playerbase because many ppl just got bored with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    WoW is in a horrible state right now. If you cannot feel that - great for you. You are probably chain-running M+, as that is the only part of the game that is actually improved over previous versions:

- Leveling is horribly unrewarding; you are basically enticed to level a new AR to unlock some transmo only to delete the toon afterwards to make room for the next.
    - Regular, untimed Dungeons have never been deader than in BFA. They could just as well not even exist and nobody would notice.
    - Island Expeditions and Waitfronts turned out to be disgusting turds.
    - Raiding is completely pointless. Most people have never recleared a raid fewer times than in BFA. There simply is no reason to go back. This extends to LFR as well. Absolutely no reason to do it.
    - PVP is totally in the shitter with vers-stacking to 15min games in rated, one shot TD stacking in unrated and constant 25-30% bonus in WM for one faction because Blizzard eliminated the Alliance from the game. Also: No rewards worth even mentioning.
    - Have fun running the exact same scenario SIXTEEN TIMES if you are planning on getting a new character up right now. Oh, that's right...you cannot even run it sixteen fucking times because the currency to even let you enter the POS is timegated and requires you to instead do something even MORE BORING for weeks.
    - Bots, Multiboxers and Boosters appear more numerous than regular players. At least i personally have never seen it this bad in front of me since 2005.
    - With all the focus on small-group and solo-content and the total neglect of large-group-content many specs fall harder on their faces than ever before.
    - subjective point: The narrative and lore has never been worse before. Not even when there was no narrative or lore.

So, yeah...everything is awesome. Just keep it coming, Blizzard! There is nothing to fix here.

Non-Sarcastic-Version: I just wish Blizzard would remember what made their games awesome and industry-leading 15 years ago. They don't need to learn anything from anybody else. Just go back to your own strengths.
    How has wow changed since vanilla your doing the same stuff now and you were doing back when it was released, the problem is the game has not changed, same content remade for every expansion.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-06-06 at 02:07 AM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Well they're revising the leveling system to be faster, more coherent, more educational, more rewarding per level, and all the more able to play with friends regardless of level. Is that not all positive?

Most other features are expansion specific in that nebulous area where Blizzard experiment wildly.

- - - Updated - - -

At the very same time, other players complain that without 310% flying everywhere and a vast array of teleports to anywhere of relevance, the game is "annoying." They see traversing the world not as part of the experience, but an unnecessary barrier to the experience.

We both may think that's stupid, but it's nonetheless a popular opinion. Blizzard tries to cater to both through pathfinder, and as of SL pathfinder will be removed for past expansions.
    I honestly don't think Flight is necessarily mutually exclusive with scale and adventure. I think the biggest thing that harms it is having opaque zone barriers. Where a zone transition is a hard wall that ends one story and begins a new one, equally self-contained.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    How has wow changed since vanilla your doing the same stuff now and you were doing back when it was released, the problem is the game has not changed, same content remade for every expansion.
    Excuse me, but i think i gave a very detailed list as to what types of content suffer in this current expansion. You actually jumped around doing worldquests, oneshotting armies of meaningless mongrel-mobs just so you could afford to enter a shitty scenario in 2004/5? Seems like we played very different earlier versions of WoW.

Of course the "fundamental gameplay" is still the same...you target something and activate an ability. But by that definition WoW is basically the same game as Starcraft.

Edit:
    Or did you mean this part? The OP says Blizzard needs to copy some other companies and their games. This is what i referred to with that sentence. I did NOT mean oW should revert back to exactly how it was 15 years ago.

15 years ago Blizzard was an industry-leading company mainly because of the insane polish of their games compared to competitors. They performed better, they had better UI. Better/faster patching, better support in general. They simply were superior products compared to wonky stuff put out by the competition. Blizzard was NEVER a very "innovative" or even creative company. They looked at what worked in their games and other games and put that together with an extreme degree of polish. That was the "Blizzard thing". Don't do something radically new...just do it better than anybody else.

Current Blizzard is NOT very strong in these aspects at all.
    They do NOT recognize what works or does not work in their game.
    They take AGES to fix bugs.
    They take even longer to adjust mechanics.
    They launched an expansion with a gearing system which they KNEW did not work instead of simply using the Legion version which was a-okay by 7.3.
    They totally did jack-shit in class mechanics.
    They invested HALF AN ASS into their "new features" (Island Expeditions + Waitfronts). That is NOT the Blizzard way. If you bring up a shit-feature at least polish that turd up to insane levels.

This even extends to much more basic things. I remember music tracks stopping abruptly when leaving houses in 8.0 for example. That is NOT a Blizzard product.

BFA was rushed crap, shat out far too early to please investors. The Blizzard of old was not like that.

That is what i meant with this sentence.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2020-06-06 at 02:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would just like to see WoW do away with all the endless grinds and RNG systems. I can tolerate one endless grind, so I'm fine w/ SL so far since anima is the only thing so far. I don't want any RNG factors for gear other than the piece of loot drops or it doesn't. I don't want to hope for some WF/TF/Corruption proc only to be let down when it doesn't happen. I have too many damn alts to keep up with neck, cloak, essences and corruption. Some days I feel like playing my mage, others I feel like playing my rogue. I shouldn't have to look at the side of a mountain every time I play one of my 12 alts. Gearing up should be the main progression when it comes to power and it should be the majority.

I think they can still salvage WoW. Artifact power showed them that we don't mind and endless grind as long as it feels rewarding. Artifact power wasn't rewarding so they created essences. Essences were hit and miss for most people and they tried salvaging that system by adding corruption. It's like their thought process was to slap a new bandage over the wound rather than to take their time to diagnose the issue and surgically repair what was damaged. I feel like that's what they're doing with SL and it'll be much better than BFA was. I'm remaining optimistic until it launches, but ultimately we won't know for certain until it's out.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

WoW doesn't need to rebuild anything. It needs to strip away useless systems that players consider to be nothing but a nuisance and stop attaching a pointless gimmick to every expansion to sell copies. There was a time when people were just happy to explore a new area and fight new bosses.

snip
    The content is the same now as it was back then there is just a little more variety but its all the same, your just not locked into doing one thing to get the best gear.

I have played WoW since vanilla, from casual gameplay to realm first gameplay, its just getting old and each expansion you just get bored of doing the exact same thing over and over. Blizz would need to just make a new next gen MMO but i wouldnt want the WoW universe.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

The Blizzard of old was not like that.
    I wonder what changed, say around 2008?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

15 years ago Blizzard was an industry-leading company mainly because of the insane polish of their games compared to competitors. They performed better, they had better UI. Better/faster patching, better support in general. They simply were superior products compared to wonky stuff put out by the competition. Blizzard was NEVER a very "innovative" or even creative company. They looked at what worked in their games and other games and put that together with an extreme degree of polish. That was the "Blizzard thing". Don't do something radically new...just do it better than anybody else.

Current Blizzard is NOT very strong in these aspects at all.
    They do NOT recognize what works or does not work in their game.
    They take AGES to fix bugs.
    They take even longer to adjust mechanics.
    They launched an expansion with a gearing system which they KNEW did not work instead of simply using the Legion version which was a-okay by 7.3.
    They totally did jack-shit in class mechanics.
    They invested HALF AN ASS into their "new features" (Island Expeditions + Waitfronts). That is NOT the Blizzard way. If you bring up a shit-feature at least polish that turd up to insane levels.

This even extends to much more basic things. I remember music tracks stopping abruptly when leaving houses in 8.0 for example. That is NOT a Blizzard product.

BFA was rushed crap, shat out far too early to please investors. The Blizzard of old was not like that.

That is what i meant with this sentence.
    You literally couldn't been more wrong here.
    Blizzard is more responsive than has ever been and you have super bad memory.

Before it took them whole expansions to fix a problems, now it only takes a major patch, and recently they do it even mid patch.

Stuff like corruption vendor during BC->WoD would take them entire expansion to implement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    The ONLY thing wow (well it's developers mostly) lacks is the balls of steel to tell playerbase to fuck off and go play minesweeper if they don't like wow.
    Your post should be required reading before the posting of every whine thread from now until the sun goes supernova.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I've tried the other two, made it to max level, did some endgame, got some gear, etc.

I'm quite happy with Blizzard not following in their footsteps. I'm glad other people like them and enjoy them, but I do not think WoW should follow them. I would likely quit if they moved towards ESO or FFXIV
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Yeah, the call it Shadowlands..that is what i believe will fix WoW, for me. Shadowlands looks amazing! They dont change the gameplay, witch i love, and i gave up on the story. I Just love the gameplay.
    ESO and Hentaigame are for me Just not fun.
    The way the FFO stuff is drawn simply upsets me, I hate it. If you like IT, good! Its not for me.
    ESO is Just a non moddable group Skyrim that i found to be boring AF, opinion again. Although that game looks amazing!
    I have Faith in SL and if they f#€_ it up i'm gonna devout my Life to a cult.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    WoW doesn't need to rebuild anything. It needs to strip away useless systems that players consider to be nothing but a nuisance and stop attaching a pointless gimmick to every expansion to sell copies. There was a time when people were just happy to explore a new area and fight new bosses.
    Which were the "pointless gimmicks" and which were the useful systems that were positive additions to the game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Which were the "pointless gimmicks" and which were the useful systems that were positive additions to the game?
    Easy, the systems he doesn't like are pointless gimmicks, and the others are positive additions
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Word.

Sometimes I think they should just use that as response to particularly retarded requests like "remove transmog" or "remove LFR".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    I was always impressed by the devs of Final Fantasy Online and ESO, and how these games at launch received garbage reviews and were doomed to be just another 2 failed MMOs.

Then the devs reviewed every single aspect of the game, in the case of FFO I think they even shut it down for a whole year, re-launched the games, and now they are praised in the top 3 / top 5 of MMOs on the market.

Blizzard did the same thing with Diablo 3 with the Reaper of Souls expansion and literally every patch that launched after. Whether you love or hate D3's main story or art style, you cannot deny it is a beast of an ARPG compared to what it launched as, and ROS' story was very good as well.

Whatever issues WoW has, they could be fixed, if there was a will for it, WoW makes more money per month than most MMOs do in a year probably.
    Question then, what do you think the issues are with wow that need to be fixed to make it a "better game" ?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW makes more money per month than most MMOs do in a year probably.
    Then why rebuild?
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I was always impressed by the devs of Final Fantasy Online and ESO, and how these games at launch received garbage reviews and were doomed to be just another 2 failed MMOs.

Then the devs reviewed every single aspect of the game, in the case of FFO I think they even shut it down for a whole year, re-launched the games, and now they are praised in the top 3 / top 5 of MMOs on the market.

Blizzard did the same thing with Diablo 3 with the Reaper of Souls expansion and literally every patch that launched after. Whether you love or hate D3's main story or art style, you cannot deny it is a beast of an ARPG compared to what it launched as, and ROS' story was very good as well.

Whatever issues WoW has, they could be fixed, if there was a will for it, WoW makes more money per month than most MMOs do in a year probably.
    Yeah sure. But FFXIV was beyond broken, no expansion wow had gets close to how messed up FFXIV was at launch. To say it was a trainwrck is to be a comedy man.

WoW does not needs less fixing if anything. Things are not as broken as they seen.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

FF14 has a horrible launch,eso have ps4 and xbox version.
    wow should also develop xbox and ps4 version