Page 1 of 27
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account

Sylvanas Is Evil, Just Admit It

I mean, she has damned countless people, including the civilians of Teldrassil (possibly children as well) as well as many Alliance and Horde soldiers (which include her own people aka the Forsaken), to a torturous afterlife. Death is one thing, it happens in war, but this.....this is beyond justifiable. There is no hidden plan, no greater good. She is evil, though I wish the writers hadn't written her this way. There was a time when her ruthlessness was used for the good of her people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well duh, of course she's evil.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Everyone knows this. If someone still denies this, they are either:

1) Trolling.
    2) A Sylvanas fanboy that started playing in Legion.

Either way, ignore them because they are objectively wrong.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point I think everyone can see she's evil.
    Maybe she does what she does in the name of a greater good, maybe in her view her actions are justified, but at one point the justification of a grand purpose stops being enough, especially after committing warcrime after warcrime.

oh boy, this is gonna be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post

1) Trolling.

I mean, there are also those who side with Sylvanas BECAUSE she is evil and aren't in denial about it. I have more respect for those people than the others who side with her.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah they probably gonna pull a Kerrigan move with her at the end.
    She being “influenced” by someone, and she’s gonna save us all by backstabbing the big bad.

She was evil before BFA so it's not a huge change.
    Hell she's arguably been evil since TFT it was just written in such a way that it was somewhat ambiguous when she was after Arthas (i.e. vaguely competently).

The only difference is bfa turned her into a moustache-twirling villain so even lowest common denominator players that don't read quest text would know she was the bad guy.

Grommash and Illidan have been absolved, so I wouldn't count Sylvannas out just yet.
    And if Main Universe Sylvannas is bad, there's always the possibility for an AU Sylvannas such as the one we see in End Time.

Sylvanas is evil yes. (I've liked Sylvanas since I started playing WOW in TBC)

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Grommash and Illidan have been absolved, so I wouldn't count Sylvannas out just yet.
    And if Main Universe Sylvannas is bad, there's always the possibility for an AU Sylvannas such as the one we see in End Time.
    I'll give you Grommash, though he gets free orc points, dying in glorious battle consistently is good enough to redeem them.

Illidan though was always written as an anti-hero, in spite of his awful actions. This is not the case for Sylvanas, she's a villain through and through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Soul eaters and mind erasers seems evil to me.

5+ Year Old Account
    No she is a sweet, innocent angel.

Who should admit it?

Most people are already aware and those that aren't by now would still love her even if she crawled out of the screen right now and murdered their entire family, so you're preaching to the choir.

Everyone with a brain knows she is evil. The question is if the writers know this as well.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

1) Trolling.

I'm 110% sure Actizzard will twist her into a redemption story, like they always do. Mark my words, she does everything to prevent something worst. (and i hate her character, what they did with her, so this is not fanboyism)

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Everyone with a brain knows she is evil. The question is if the writers know this as well.
    This

She isn't evil, she is morally grey......../s
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

it's more a question of is she evil for the lolz/personal gain or is it for some greater good/the means justify the ends kinda deal.

if only we could hope for a well written answer to that question... but....

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I'd say the writers know this as well. They never pretended Sylvanas is not evil. Danuser even said she is Garrosh 2.0 in an interview a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    it's more a question of is she evil for the lolz/personal gain or is it for some greater good/the means justify the ends kinda deal.

if only we could hope for a well written answer to that question... but....
    We already know why she's doing evil things. It's for the lolz. Or rather, it's because she is a nihilist who believes clinging to life is meaningless, so she wants to kill everyone.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

We already know why she's doing evil things. It's for the lolz. Or rather, it's because she is a nihilist who believes clinging to life is meaningless, so she wants to kill everyone.
    nah man incoming "i knew about the REAL bad guy all along!". just written like garbage.

the "i do this to avoid a worse fate for myself" could also work, as that's traditionally been her motivation, but that doesn't seem like a story blizz would tell anymore.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2020-06-06 at 04:51 PM.