Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I promise???? White people need to fucking change or get out of the damn way.

Like idk maybe police departments should not be filled with white nationalist? Black people have been screaming about this issue for sixty damn years but they’re not the majority they’re not the ones who run the unions they’re not the ones running the departments.

Are you even fucking thinking????
    I am. I'm thinking "Hmm. Where is the positive change that riots always bring?".

I'm thinking "If it's white supremacists doing the rioting and looting, why were people quoting MLK to justify it?"

Also, I'm not white. Come up with a new argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Tablecop View Post
    I am. I'm thinking "Hmm. Where is the positive change that riots always bring?".

I'm thinking "If it's white supremacists doing the rioting and looting, why were people quoting MLK to justify it?"

Also, I'm not white. Come up with a new argument.
    Where did I call you white in that quote. Go fucking read it again.

Are you Asian?

Here’s a video.

Are you Latino? One of those with a family that says mejorar la raza Because of pelo malo? I have a video for that too.
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-06-06 at 03:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I promise???? White people need to fucking change or get out of the damn way.

Like idk maybe police departments should not be filled with white nationalist? Black people have been screaming about this issue for sixty damn years but they’re not the majority they’re not the ones who run the unions they’re not the ones running the departments.

Are you even fucking thinking????
    White people have changed, if you took the time to look at history you'd see white people and those of colour have integrated together over time.

And your always get racists, those who think their own race is superior, you cant change every person based on their skin colour how to all think the exact same way.

But that's not going to be enough is it? You do want everyone to think the same way based purely on skin colour.

Makes me think of how someone else had a similar ideal once.

Last edited by Trassk; 2020-06-06 at 03:08 PM.
    #boycottchina

Where did I call you white in that quote. Go fucking read it again.
    White people need to fucking change or get out of the damn way.
    This is a random ass statement if it isn't calling me white.

You also haven't labeled the positive changes brought on by recent or current rioting.

Don't get my disagreement twisted. The American Police organization and culture needs a full purge and reset because it's issues run deeper than a few firings and a feel good law will fix. But I'm not seeing meaningful change coming from the people saying they want war while being woefully unprepared for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    White people have changed, if you took the time to look at history you'd see white people and those of colour have integrated together over time.

And your always get racists, those who think their own race is superior, you cant change every person based on their skin colour how to all think the exact same way.

But that's not going to be enough is it? You do want everyone to think the same way based purely on skin colour.

Makes me think of how so done else once had similar ideals
    Black slaves and white indentured servants used to work together, racism was relatively low despite this, as the children of slaves were free and those of the workers. What changed about the late 1500s was white and blacks too often worked together for the ruling slaver class and so they changed laws so that blacks were forever below poor whites which created a wedge created chattel slavery and set up whites to be in shitty positions but slightly less shitty because they had someone to hate too now. This was when racism truly began in its modern form.

White people have changed... they're less racist... too many white people or rather not even just white because it is also Burmese people with the Rohingya and Christian minorities. Hindu Indians of good caste against those of low caste and muslims and christians.

But in the case of America specifically white people have a history of helping then going "we have done enough pat me on the back"

The reconstruction... white people felt they did enough and that black people just needed to protect themselves against the kkk terrorists what did that do? Set the country bake some 100 years... literally because white people felt they did enough and black people who were literally just slaves just need to "pull themselves up"

This is an old story played out since the 1800s.. blacks protest, white allies help, majority silent whites say "this is such a hassle" and then blacks fall victim and progress is incremental.

Fuck incremental, incremental just means people keep dying over and over. We have a serious racist problem in our police THE FBI AND DHS says this not me the fucking fbi and dhs who saw that white nationalist groups were targeting police.

We have videos of cops helping white nationalist, police union leaders attending fucking racist gatherings, in white nationalist fucking jackets.

Police chiefs literally found wearing KKK hoods because they had ranking in the racist organisation which is frankly a terror group but then white majority tells black and latino people, and afro-latinos that can't pass "just be better there is no racist problem, racism isn't a big deal we had Obama"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tablecop View Post
    This is a random ass statement if it isn't calling me white.

You also haven't labeled the positive changes brought on by recent or current rioting.

Don't get my disagreement twisted. The American Police organization and culture needs a full purge and reset because it's issues run deeper than a few firings and a feel good law will fix. But I'm not seeing meaningful change coming from the people saying they want war while being woefully unprepared for it.
    Literally that's about the police system hon.

Oh and positive changes? huge attention.

little bit here by the way THE ENTIRE FUCKING WORLD IS ON THE SIDE OF THE PROTESTERS never has there been such huge support around the world before for something like this.

If you're on the side against that, you need help.

Black slaves and white indentured servants used to work together, racism was relatively low despite this, as the children of slaves were free and those of the workers. What changed about the late 1500s was white and blacks too often worked together for the ruling slaver class and so they changed laws so that blacks were forever below poor whites which created a wedge created chattel slavery and set up whites to be in shitty positions but slightly less shitty because they had someone to hate too now. This was when racism truly began in its modern form.

White people have changed... they're less racist... too many white people or rather not even just white because it is also Burmese people with the Rohingya and Christian minorities. Hindu Indians of good caste against those of low caste and muslims and christians.

But in the case of America specifically white people have a history of helping then going "we have done enough pat me on the back"

The reconstruction... white people felt they did enough and that black people just needed to protect themselves against the kkk terrorists what did that do? Set the country bake some 100 years... literally because white people felt they did enough and black people who were literally just slaves just need to "pull themselves up"

This is an old story played out since the 1800s.. blacks protest, white allies help, majority silent whites say "this is such a hassle" and then blacks fall victim and progress is incremental.

Fuck incremental, incremental just means people keep dying over and over. We have a serious racist problem in our police THE FBI AND DHS says this not me the fucking fbi and dhs who saw that white nationalist groups were targeting police.

We have videos of cops helping white nationalist, police union leaders attending fucking racist gatherings, in white nationalist fucking jackets.

Police chiefs literally found wearing KKK hoods because they had ranking in the racist organisation which is frankly a terror group but then white majority tells black and latino people, and afro-latinos that can't pass "just be better there is no racist problem, racism isn't a big deal we had Obama"

- - - Updated - - -

Literally that's about the police system hon.

Oh and positive changes? huge attention.

little bit here by the way THE ENTIRE FUCKING WORLD IS ON THE SIDE OF THE PROTESTERS never has there been such huge support around the world before for something like this.

If you're on the side against that, you need help.
    That's great. The world is blatantly aware of the atrocities in China. And, as humanity does, we moved on to something else. No one's willing to risk an actual war over blatantly despicable things.

And none of your international support is going to risk an international incident to stop terrible policing procedures and the protection of them.

Simply because it doesn't fit into there agenda they are pushing. The same as how they care so much about black communities except when their protests sparked riots that lead to black americans having their livelihoods destroyed. Then its easier to turn a blind eye to it and look for the next white on black crime.

They're as opportunistic as the looters
    The problem is being addressed, extensively, in black communities.

It doesn't really make it to the mainstream media, which you accuse of being radical and leftist. It's not enough to generate clicks.

It's true that inner city violence doesn't get much attention by whites, gang stuff is probably a bit too dangerous for them to step in on, but there is constant community organizing in places like the South Side of Chicago. The black community is all about addressing the issues.

Where the racism accusation really comes in is the assumption from conservatives that communities of color are just fine with gangs and the violence they commit, and that they only want to blame white people for their problem. That's incorrect, and, as noted many times, a racist view from right wing white folks who think of black people as lazy or hypocritical or "professional victims". These are the same people who 40 years ago fell for Reagan's "welfare queen" lie for the very same reason - an inherent belief in black people being scammers and criminals and lazy people who didn't want to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Cool, now do that with the police.
    Obviously that goes without saying. But your post I was quoting calls the notion that lawless criminals are only kept in check by a thin blue line a myth. That’s patently false as demonstrated in just the past week alone. Laws in any ordered society mean nothing without enforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    Obviously that goes without saying. But your post I was quoting calls the notion that lawless criminals are only kept in check by a thin blue line a myth. That’s patently false as demonstrated in just the past week alone. Laws in any ordered society mean nothing without enforcement.
    Given that I've seen far, far more lawless behavior and aggression from police than I have from protesters in the past week...yeah, not buying that in the slightest.

Cops in my town like to promote that bullshit. They spend most of their time waiting to get coffee at Starbucks, because there's simply no meaningful crime (at least not when they're not murdering a mentally handicapped black teen in the area because they have no clue how to de-escalate in a situation with an unarmed man) for them to address. They're not "keeping people in check", people just aren't all breaking the law constantly because that's not how people work.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2020-06-06 at 04:25 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Simply because it doesn't fit into there agenda they are pushing. The same as how they care so much about black communities except when their protests sparked riots that lead to black americans having their livelihoods destroyed. Then its easier to turn a blind eye to it and look for the next white on black crime.

Or you know there are anti violence protest in theses community’s all the time but you ignore that because it doesn’t fit your agenda. BLM is about a specific problem they don’t need to address black on black crime as there are already movements that do that all the time, but you don’t actually care about that you just want any excuse you can find to try and discredit BLM.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/tag/anti-violence-march/

10+ Year Old Account
    Given that I've seen far, far more lawless behavior and aggression from police than I have from protesters in the past week...yeah, not buying that in the slightest.

Cops in my town like to promote that bullshit. They spend most of their time waiting to get coffee at Starbucks, because there's simply no meaningful crime (at least not when they're not murdering a mentally handicapped black teen in the area because they have no clue how to de-escalate in a situation with an unarmed man) for them to address. They're not "keeping people in check", people just aren't all breaking the law constantly because that's not how people work.
    Thats gonna depend entirely on the area. There are counties where an officer might consider one call a month a crazy month. Then you get into inner cities where an officers shift is hours of non stop call after call for dozens of officers, then wrapping up with paperwork.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The problem is being addressed, extensively, in black communities.

It doesn't really make it to the mainstream media, which you accuse of being radical and leftist. It's not enough to generate clicks.

It's true that inner city violence doesn't get much attention by whites, gang stuff is probably a bit too dangerous for them to step in on, but there is constant community organizing in places like the South Side of Chicago. The black community is all about addressing the issues.

Where the racism accusation really comes in is the assumption from conservatives that communities of color are just fine with gangs and the violence they commit, and that they only want to blame white people for their problem. That's incorrect, and, as noted many times, a racist view from right wing white folks who think of black people as lazy or hypocritical or "professional victims". These are the same people who 40 years ago fell for Reagan's "welfare queen" lie for the very same reason - an inherent belief in black people being scammers and criminals and lazy people who didn't want to work.
    I wouldn’t call the media radical so much as opportunists. And rampant with opinion instead of journalism, but that’s mostly related to the first bit. Most of the time they don’t outright lie, but they certainly frame stories in such a way as to stimulate readers’ triggers and drive engagement.

The story of the dispersement of the crowd in front of the church for the Trump photo-op is a good example. It’s ‘authorities use tear gas on peaceful protesters so Trump can have photo op’ or ‘police enforce curfew on violators in front of church recently the target of arson, Trump displays hope for nation’. Neither is false technically but you can see how the framing ends up telling two different stories about the same event.

Gang violence is an acknowledged issue, stop acting like it's ignored. Media might not cover such stories because it is tragically common. Do yourself a favor and quit the whataboutism towards black on black murder, you're just digging your own hole.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I wouldn’t call the media radical so much as opportunists. And rampant with opinion instead of journalism, but that’s mostly related to the first bit. Most of the time they don’t outright lie, but they certainly frame stories in such a way as to stimulate readers’ triggers and drive engagement.

The story of the dispersement of the crowd in front of the church for the Trump photo-op is a good example. It’s ‘authorities use tear gas on peaceful protesters so Trump can have photo op’ or ‘police enforce curfew on violators in front of church recently the target of arson, Trump displays hope for nation’. Neither is false technically but you can see how the framing ends up telling two different stories about the same event.
    The issue is that one side got caught lying about what actually happened. Trump's narrative is patently false. The local news channel even proved it, and they had evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Cucker Tarlson meme'd himself apparently.

That's awesome. I'm going to use that one many, many times.

I mean the news cycle is littered with stories demonstrating the opposite, but this one here I find particularly egregious. A retired police captain was murdered by looters while protecting pawn shop. Juxtaposed with this story about a man seriously injured by riot police in Buffalo, it paints a pretty clear picture. A murdered 77 year old black retired police captain and a 75 year old white longtime activist in serious condition. There are no innocents here, only varying degrees of culpability.

The snowflake doesn’t realize it’s part of an avalanche but the avalanche is still destructive.
    Last edited by D3thray; 2020-06-06 at 04:53 PM.

I mean the news cycle is littered with stories demonstrating the opposite, but this one here I find particularly egregious. A retired police captain was murdered by looters while protecting pawn shop. Juxtaposed with this story about a man seriously injured by riot police in Buffalo, it paints a pretty clear picture. A murdered 77 year old black retired police captain and a 75 year old white longtime activist in serious condition. There are no innocents here, only varying degrees of culpability.
    The president of the police board was beat by police in Chicago.

A 22 year old man kneeling hands up was shot by an officer through his own patrol cars windshield...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Or you know there are anti violence protest in theses community’s all the time but you ignore that because it doesn’t fit your agenda. BLM is about a specific problem they don’t need to address black on black crime as there are already movements that do that all the time, but you don’t actually care about that you just want any excuse you can find to try and discredit BLM.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/tag/anti-violence-march/
    Let me ask you a one on one question, just your own opinion. Do you consider any black American who calls out black on black violence, who calls out BLM as hypocritical, who might even be a voting conservative, do you consider them as being uncle Tom's?
    #boycottchina

There are incidents, but if you look around given the level of activation going on, acts of violence are pretty rare. Yes, there are tragic shootings, lootings, or vandalism, but they're far from the norm. Cops that are covering the streets aren't magically stopping these acts with their presence. Fuck these people.

Meanwhile, while they know there are cameras everywhere, we're seeing widespread aggression from major cities to sleepy little towns. The Buffalo incident you mentioned? There was nobody in the fucking square to even clear, it was 30+ cops to remove what appeared to be maybe a dozen protesters.

I've been to some local protests since this all started. I'm far more worried about getting shot by a less-lethal round or tear gassed for peacefully protesting than I am being the victim of a crime by my fellow protesters.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Cucker Tarlson meme'd himself apparently.

That’s too good XD