Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I didn’t realize Spicy was interviewing ppl, let alone his old boss on Wednesday. [video=youtube_share;mDrYocda9wA]http://youtu.be/mDrYocda9wA[/vido]
    I can only tell by the pic at the beginning, as I'm not going to watch Trump, but his eyes are super pink and puffy. Has he been crying?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

https://twitter.com/davidgura/status...918127106?s=19

Ahh catching up on Trump tweets.

So the one above is a screen shot of Trump retweeting Glenn Beck. To paraphrase Beck questions if a Floyd is a HERO. Then he tags Candace Owen.

Why? Some Trumpkin may want to debate this, but why. The person died at the hands of police brutality, which has lead to the protests.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Yeah, I saw those empty cans too. Maybe they're trying to deflate the damage done when it's found out they used the real thing, by saying "we shouldn't have used the effectively same thing either"?
    OC is no less the real thing then CS.

The army makes everyone go through CS chambers as part of training, it is awful, but not more so then OC. In general, CS is more potent for a given dosage, but dissipates quicker. CN is somewhat less, but has been determined to have nasty long term health effects, and isn't supposed to be used by the US at all now. However considering "Dosage" in an uncontrolled situation is impossible to control, and it scales in direct proportion to how close you were to one of those canisters (Diminishing over distance in relation to the square cube law, of course) it is entirely possible to get a disabilitizing dose of OC.

OC has replaced CN in a 1v1 basis, and has largely replaced CS as well, as it is just cheaper and denser, which causes it not to blow as far. This is also what causes it to stick to protestors, hence the longer effects (My understanding is that the effect actually lasts a shorter period, but because OC sticks to people in a way CS really doesn't, it has that effect in practice).

So I refuse to even give them the stupid point that OC isn't "real" tear gas. Yes it is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    OC is no less the real thing then CS.

The army makes everyone go through CS chambers as part of training, it is awful, but not more so then OC. In general, CS is more potent for a given dosage, but dissipates quicker. CN is somewhat less, but has been determined to have nasty long term health effects, and isn't supposed to be used by the US at all now. However considering "Dosage" in an uncontrolled situation is impossible to control, and it scales in direct proportion to how close you were to one of those canisters (Diminishing over distance in relation to the square cube law, of course) it is entirely possible to get a disabilitizing dose of OC.

OC has replaced CN in a 1v1 basis, and has largely replaced CS as well, as it is just cheaper and denser, which causes it not to blow as far. This is also what causes it to stick to protestors, hence the longer effects (My understanding is that the effect actually lasts a shorter period, but because OC sticks to people in a way CS really doesn't, it has that effect in practice).

So I refuse to even give them the stupid point that OC isn't "real" tear gas. Yes it is.
    This is like...playing games on an Xbox One. And then claiming you actually weren't playing games, because it's not a Playstation 4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Also because police are stealing masks.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...ect-protesters
    A cop was also caught pulling down someone’s mask, to pepper spray them in the face.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Apparently the jobs numbers were a lie and the real unemployment rate was around 16% for May. Someone thought misclassifying furloughed workers would go unnoticed. Well, the BLS noticed.
    Their lie had good results. The stock market went up by a bunch, a day of very pro-Trump articles and comments were written and spoken, and any further stimulus is less likely to happen. This is from yahoo:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/coron...183328185.html

Title: Coronavirus stimulus: Surprise jobs report adds doubt to second round

Excerpts:

Once Washington absorbed Friday’s surprise jobs report showing a gain of 2.5 million jobs in May (after forecasts for 8 million jobs lost) many turned the question of how the news impacts the long awaited negotiations for an additional phase 4 stimulus deal.
    It is surprising because its not true.

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, in his remarks Friday, said the focus of any new legislation would be on getting “every American back to work,” implying that measures like expanding unemployment insurance and additional stimulus checks might not be a White House priority.
    Working hard to minimize the amount of money going to working class and middle class Americans.

The news Friday appeared to bolster Republican efforts to move slow on another deal. “I reckon they’ll resume after the July 4 holiday weekend,” Kudlow said of additional negotiations. Previously, lawmakers had discussed hammering out at least some parts of a deal in June.
    Republicans are doing everything possible to prevent middle class and working class Americans from getting any benefits. Having their lackeys lie about the unemployment numbers does not seem far fetched. Whether or not this was an intentional lie is not completely clear. But the lie - or mistake - certainly was used to good effect to advance their agenda.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    It’s after midnight and @realDonaldTrump
    has clocked a new one day record according to NBC White House producer @WinstonNBC
    : 197 tweets or RT’s

I was off Twitter today, so idk what he is triggered about. I'm sure its everything and anything. But, its crazy we have a President who goes insane.

The thing is if he actually tweeted about how he is trying to help the American people, blah, blah, blah; it would be fine.
    throw a dart and you'll likely hit something that's pissing him off
    bad polling
    looking "weak"
    being called a Coward (Lincoln Project strikes again!!!)
    the #Babyfence thing
    that Barr, not for lack of trying cant link Antifa to anything
    that no one is cheering his pulling 9,500 troops from Germany, and Merkel isn't publicly crying or agreeing to his G7 demands
    that large numbers of retired Generals are actively calling him a walking constitutional crisis.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Hey! We have voter fraud people.

A Florida attorney is seeking a probe of the voting record of former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin, charged in the death of #GeorgeFloyd while in police custody, alleging Chauvin voted illegally in Florida in 2016 and 2018. https://t.co/bkaOQdivvx
    https://twitter.com/StarTribune/stat...435215360?s=19

Orange County, Fla., voting records list Chauvin as an active voter and affiliated with the Republican Party of Florida.
    What!? Chauvin is a Republican! A shocker on two points. Committing voter fraud and well..
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2020-06-06 at 03:07 PM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

They’re spraying small children in the face, pushing the elderly to the concrete, and kicking pregnant women. Nothing should shock you right now.
    You missed "shot wheelchair bound homeless man in the face".
    https://www.dailymercury.com.au/news...-face/4031281/

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently the jobs numbers were a lie and the real unemployment rate was around 16% for May. Someone thought misclassifying furloughed workers would go unnoticed. Well, the BLS noticed.
    well that didn't take long

and Lincoln Project dropped another ad today

No, I don’t take responsibility at all.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Some schools are pushing off in-person classes yet further, if they feel they're in this position.

Meanwhile there's a school bus outside my door every morning for...some reason.
    Some places are using the buses to bring lunches to students from low income families.

Yeah, that was horrific. There are so many scenes like this it’s hard to list them all.
    I think how police treat protesters is a systemic failure as well. Your police are only trained to deal with criminals, fast to get their weapons out, seeing threats in every encounter. And so they treat everyone they encounter as a threat, even American citizens expressing their opninion peacefully. They don't have the tools to serve and protect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    This is like...playing games on an Xbox One. And then claiming you actually weren't playing games, because it's not a Playstation 4.
    Indeed. At least the Park Police have admitted this.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    Title: Coronavirus stimulus: Surprise jobs report adds doubt to second round
    This is the real danger. Nearly 1 in 5 people have suffered economic hardship as a result of the lethal outbreak. I think we have some data on that...

It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.
    McConnell's "No to Everything" could get a second wind due to this -- he can point to the report and say "things are getting better, we don't need to help the American people anymore" and crawl back under his basking light. Now, this is a risky play, but I see why he's going for it. Generally speaking, the rich are less at risk here. The people in trouble were generally poor and therefore generally Democrat. The good news for the people who need help the most, would be if large companies suddenly find themselves in trouble -- outbreaks at factories, for example, in the second wave. McConnell still can't give them any more money without matching funds for taxpayers. And this will cost the Republican Party votes, but not a ton of them, since poor people in the US are disproportionately -- and this word is losing meaning by the day -- "minorities".

Trump and the GOP are going to try to run in 2020 under the banner "See? It's getting better" but it can't be forgotten that the economy is objectively worse than 2016. That job report, "whoopsie typo 3%" or not, puts unemployment nearly 10% higher than the end of 2019. The GDP is going to be negative again, to the point that even a recovery Q3 won't pull 2020 out of the hole. Trump won't use the banner that literally says "I'll fix the problems I personally caused" but it may as well.

So... Youtube is starting to recommend this 6 year old video which has some eerily similarities with what is happening right now. While it doesn't include Trump, it does include cameos from his all-star cast with Rudy Giuliani and Sean Hannity:
    Watching this made me remember. The protests back there were relatively pretty peaceful. So after 6 years and nothing having changed, I can kinda see why people thought burning down a police station might be the proper way to show their anger and dissatisfaction with how they are being treated.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I think how police treat protesters is a systemic failure as well. Your police are only trained to deal with criminals, fast to get their weapons out, seeing threats in every encounter. And so they treat everyone they encounter as a threat, even American citizens expressing their opninion peacefully. They don't have the tools to serve and protect.
    Haha, "Trained".
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/06...-george-floyd/

Welp, the Republican Party, at least in Texas, sure seems to be the party of conspiracy theorists. Likely in no small part helped by Trump and his frequent promotion of conspiracy theories.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/...72845525364738

“Top Pentagon officials ordered National Guard helicopters to use what they called ‘ persistent presence’ to disperse protests in the capital this week.”
    Cool, so the Pentagon ordered the National Guard to violate the Geneva Convention. Where did the orders originate from, who gave them, and who carried them out, so that they can all be investigated and prosecuted?

Barr uses the Bart Simpson "I didn't do it" defense.

Barr says he didn’t give tactical order to clear protesters

Gosh, it seems like nobody actually gave the order and the police/troops just acted on their own in unison then, eh?

When Presidents talk, people listen.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/hea...od/ar-BB156f9I

Title: CDC: Americans desperate to kill coronavirus are dangerously mixing cleaners, bleaching food

Excerpts:

Don’t wash your food with bleach. Don’t eat or drink cleaning products.
    In a survey published Friday, 39% of 502 respondents reported engaging in “non-recommend, high-risk practices,” including using bleach on food, applying household cleaning or disinfectant products to their skin and inhaling or ingesting such products.
    The agency also found many people had limited knowledge of how to safely prepare and use cleaning products and disinfectants. Only 23% responded that room temperature water should be used to dilute bleach and 35% said that bleach should not be mixed with vinegar.

More surprisingly, only 58% of respondents knew bleach shouldn’t be mixed with ammonia.
    Ok, at least this isn't bat shit stupid stuff. How dangerous is the combination of bleach and ammonia?

Mixing those two products creates a solution that emits a harmful gas called chloramine – the same chemical reaction believed to have killed an employee at a Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant in Massachusetts last year.
    Callers have mixed cleaning products, sprayed disinfectant on bread wrappers and wondered if they can eat the bread, bathed their kids in bleach solutions and just generally failed to follow label directions, she said.

One caller even asked how she was supposed to drink a cleaning product after President Donald Trump made a comment about drinking disinfectant, which triggered several states to issue a warning against dangerous disinfectant use.
    And finally:

Caliva’s tips for surviving COVID-19 without accidentally poisoning anyone are simple: Follow directions; don’t mix chemicals; don’t use cleaners or disinfectants on the body; don’t ingest them; be vigilant in keeping such products and hand sanitizers away from children; and don’t spray bags or packages containing food.
    * Note that "following directions" means reading them in the first place.

People - apparently - trust Trump, presumably because he is the President. His words are causing lots and lots of damage to the US. Much of this damage will never be repaired

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post

Gosh, it seems like nobody actually gave the order and the police/troops just acted on their own in unison then, eh?
    "The buck stops anywhere but here".

Seems to be the tagline for this entire Trump presidency.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post

Haha. "Didn't give the tactical order" now that is a hell of a loophole. He is the Attorney General of the United States, nobody was accusing him of giving tactical orders like "Ready, Aim, Fire".

However he totally did give an order like "Clear out Lafayette Square so the President can oompa-loopa his fat ass to the general vicinity or a church, so he can wave a bible around".