Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    You'd rather have BDOs predatory P2W system than a monthly sub? Really?
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Yeah it's ok when FF does it but that's ok beacuse catgirls.

>:3
    Your fans will generally be more lenient if they don't view your company as a soulless cash machine.

I'd pay 30$ a month if they'd get rid of the ingame shop and add those pets and mounts to rep chains + maybe hire a few more art people to make extra armor and weapon models.

But i understand the shop give them the precision to boost sales when they need it.

--- snip ---

Other than that yeah, just stick to free to play base game with instanced bots for story.

And a paid MMO aspect and everyone is happy.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-06-06 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Removed Forbidden Topics

10+ Year Old Account
    I worry if the subscription model went away means we'd get a pay to win model instead. You aint getting an entirely free MMO from Blizzard without paying for something :P

--- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-06-06 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Removed Forbidden Topics

10+ Year Old Account
    why ? they need sub money to pay for their artists to make cash shop mounts to sell us again
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post
    Your fans will generally be more lenient if they don't view your company as a soulless cash machine.

I'd pay 30$ a month if they'd get rid of the ingame shop and add those pets and mounts to rep chains + maybe hire a few more art people to make extra armor and weapon models.

But i understand the shop give them the precision to boost sales when they need it.
    Same. Im willing to pay more for the sub if that ment we got everything on the shop+more.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    If I pay 20$ CAD for WoW and all I want is to PVP one night every friday, it feels like I'm paying 10$ for a gym membership and only going there 4 times a month to do 30 mins of cardio...
    so perhaps its not worth the sub money for you... but that doesnt mean sub should get away, that means you should consider if you cancel sub or not... you are not paying for time spent, you pay for oportunity to go and play, you wouldnt ask gym owner to give you cheaper membership or free entry bcs you only go there for 2h a month right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post

eh you would (and me to tbh) but many people wouldnt, this way people can opt in on what they do and dont want to pay for, i might not like it personaly but i still think its better for both players and blizzard

Sure. They already sell gold..boosts... items.. mounts.. transmogs.. its almost like Guild Wars 2 and other games. Every game that sell stuff is free to play. So how come WoW isnt? We get to pay monthly + get all the BS from the free to play games? Oh joy................

Quote Originally Posted by Starfals View Post
    Sure. They already sell gold..boosts... items.. mounts.. transmogs.. its almost like Guild Wars 2 and other games. Every game that sell stuff is free to play. So how come WoW isnt? We get to pay monthly + get all the BS from the free to play games? Oh joy................
    well they dont sell boosts for one... (players do, but they did since vanila)
    and if you think those few shop items (compared to hundreds ingame) is anywhere near GW2 or other F2P games cash shop you are delusional...

I think the sub is what keeps the game alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Subs are pretty good at keeping the trash and bots out on the whole.
    keeps the bots out? HAHAHAHA that is equally naive and funny at the same time

- - - Updated - - -

as long as the sheep keep paying they will keep charging. the only reason they continue with a sub model is because the players pay it. the games production costs dont reflect the money they get from subs at all. in fact they continue to insult the player base with the content they put out compared to the money they have rolling in.
    blizz is a scam company selling polished turds to the masses.

It is a way to get player housing.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

I like the current model. It's free with tokens now since you can buy game time as well as every single item with ingame currency as well as other Blizzard games. Name another game that allows that.

Free to play games are usually pay to win trash and this model keeps the content rolling, for free.

Quote Originally Posted by kugarm View Post
    Have you ever think if the subscription model just gone away?

It's a old system, new MMOs don't need this mercenary model. We have gw2, same generation, never have subscription (many others: BDO, ESO, SWTOR). The new generation is buy-to-play or free-to-play.

In my opinion, blizzard must remove the pay-to-play (we already buy the game, is it reallly needs pay a "rent"?)
    U mean GW2 where if you dont want to look like 15lvl character you have to pay. BDO where you have to spend like $1000 for pets and other QOL stuff if you want to be competitve, and have some good lookinf set.

ESO has subcription or you have to pay for all dlc. So yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    they should do away with the price of expansions. they're not worth the asking price + a sub.
    Then you are free to not pay for them.

People clearly do though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    keeps the bots out? HAHAHAHA that is equally naive and funny at the same time

- - - Updated - - -

as long as the sheep keep paying they will keep charging. the only reason they continue with a sub model is because the players pay it. the games production costs dont reflect the money they get from subs at all. in fact they continue to insult the player base with the content they put out compared to the money they have rolling in.
    blizz is a scam company selling polished turds to the masses.
    Well look at you, having it all figured out...

There isn't one thing on BLizzard's shop that you need to play the game. Nobody is forcing you to buy from the shop either. You easily just pay the sub and play the game.

if wow goes free to play,there will be more gold farmers in game..wow can not change to free to play.free to play will make game flooded with many gold spammers. Never use those 3rd party trade sites who spam in game.Use the player to player trade platform playermall
    Last edited by devilzxlin; 2020-07-04 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ComplexSignal View Post
    Yes and I'm glad it hasn't.
    This pretty much. F2P breeds trolls, hate and nothing good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kugarm View Post
    We have 3 MMOs comming:

- New World
    - Blue Protocol
    - Ashes of Creation

WoW needs a revamp in all sectors (old engine limits wow) to be relevant and the model how they profit is a sector to think about.
    New world is not a true MMO.
    No idea wtf blue protocol is.
    And Ashes of Creation will have a sub, as well as a buy price.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanomancer View Post

forbes.com/sites/davidjagneaux/2020/03/30/elder-scrolls-online-is-still-growing-not-slowing-down-with-over-15-million-players/#5bb24295ec36

Those are cumulative numbers, not currently playing btw. If we are going by cumulative numbers, wow would have much, much more.

Wowtokens

Use your ingame sheckles if your cant use your irl sheckles