Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post
    Biden is right. If you're offended, you're part of that 10-15%.
    Ding, ding, ding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    What would Biden do about the national debt?
    Oh you know, he'd do what modern Dem presidents have done. Shrink it. Unlike every modern GOP president. But please go on illuminating the depth of your knowledge about this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Ding, ding, ding.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh you know, he'd do what modern Dem presidents have done. Shrink it. Unlike every modern GOP president. But please go on illuminating the depth of your knowledge about this subject.
    debt and deficit are different things, no modern president of any party has shrunk the national debt, just the rate that it grows

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Not like we've had Democrats and Republicans control Congress at some point or another. Not sure if we'll ever have another 1835.
    The last time we had a surplus was under a Democrat... In fact, Democrats have generally relatively shrunk the debt...

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Last I checked Congress who makes the budget. Comes out of the House originally. The only thing the President really can do is suggest a budget, veto all spending bills, and just have the departments he is overseeing spend the money. Goes for every President from Washington to Trump.
    So the only thing that the President can do is veto the spending bill.....? That kind of seems allot of leverage when you don't see any of your priorities in the budget that was passed.

Or you know the Trump tax cuts could just have been an actual tax reform instead of a cut that assumed major economical growth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TSLM View Post
    debt and deficit are different things, no modern president of any party has shrunk the national debt, just the rate that it grows
    Prolonged democratic leadership in the legislative and executive branch would bring down the debt and eliminate the deficit.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

as a % of gdp maybe he lowered it by growing the economy faster than the debt but as a numerical amount of money it hasn't shrunk

Quote Originally Posted by TSLM View Post
    See that is why I never loved raw debt numbers vs debt to gdp or debt to income...
    There is no way at this point that each president will "set records" just based on interest alone.

Clinton got real close in 2000...then republicans took over.

- - - Updated - - -

and Biden is the one with a problem???

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...155452922.html

Question: According to a Axios-Ipsos poll, 70 percent of white Americans say they trust the local police. Only 36 percent of African Americans do. How do you attack that problem? How do you change things?

Trump: Well I think it’s a very sad problem. As you know, as a Republican I’m doing very well with African Americans and with the vote with the — in polls and everything — especially, I mean, I haven’t seen one very recently because you had the plague come in from China.

So that changed things up, but we had the best economy ever. We had the best numbers for African-American on employment and unemployment in history. Best homeownership — best everything. We had the best numbers in everything — not only African-American, but the African-American numbers were great.

Kilmeade: How do you handle the law enforcement part?
    Trump: Well, I think you have to get better.

Kilmeade: How do you handle the law enforcement part of this?

Trump: They have to get better than what they’ve been doing. I mean obviously that was a terrible thing. And I’ve spoken about it numerous times in various speeches. And what’s interesting is I spoke about it when we launched a very successful rocket — a tremendous program that culminated on that day and obviously it goes on from there.

But I then made a speech and it was a speech about the rocket, and I devoted 25 percent of the speech probably to what happened — or more — to what happened with respect to George — George Floyd, and it was — and then you listen to this, he doesn’t talk about George Floyd. The rocket went off, I then I made a speech, and I talked about George Floyd, but they said he didn’t talk about George Floyd.

Half — maybe even almost half of the speech, but a large portion of the speech was devoted exactly to that. And so, you know, with — with the media you basically — and basically no matter what you do, it’s never going to be good enough. But the people understand it.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    The last time we had a surplus was under a Democrat... In fact, Democrats have generally relatively shrunk the debt...
    1835 wasn't a just a surplus. The United States was in the black with NO debt period.

Who wants to be president of the USA anyways, when i see whats going on on TV then its one big shithole with people destroying their cities and have no respect about anything or anybody. Its pretty mutch a sick mess over there and no Trump is not the only one to blame its all the people making a mess in their communities.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-06-06 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    See that is why I never loved raw debt numbers vs debt to gdp or debt to income...
    There is no way at this point that each president will "set records" just based on interest alone.

Clinton got real close in 2000...then republicans took over.

- - - Updated - - -

and Biden is the one with a problem???

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...155452922.html

Question: According to a Axios-Ipsos poll, 70 percent of white Americans say they trust the local police. Only 36 percent of African Americans do. How do you attack that problem? How do you change things?

Trump: Well I think it’s a very sad problem. As you know, as a Republican I’m doing very well with African Americans and with the vote with the — in polls and everything — especially, I mean, I haven’t seen one very recently because you had the plague come in from China.

So that changed things up, but we had the best economy ever. We had the best numbers for African-American on employment and unemployment in history. Best homeownership — best everything. We had the best numbers in everything — not only African-American, but the African-American numbers were great.

Kilmeade: How do you handle the law enforcement part?
    Trump: Well, I think you have to get better.

Kilmeade: How do you handle the law enforcement part of this?

Trump: They have to get better than what they’ve been doing. I mean obviously that was a terrible thing. And I’ve spoken about it numerous times in various speeches. And what’s interesting is I spoke about it when we launched a very successful rocket — a tremendous program that culminated on that day and obviously it goes on from there.

But I then made a speech and it was a speech about the rocket, and I devoted 25 percent of the speech probably to what happened — or more — to what happened with respect to George — George Floyd, and it was — and then you listen to this, he doesn’t talk about George Floyd. The rocket went off, I then I made a speech, and I talked about George Floyd, but they said he didn’t talk about George Floyd.

Half — maybe even almost half of the speech, but a large portion of the speech was devoted exactly to that. And so, you know, with — with the media you basically — and basically no matter what you do, it’s never going to be good enough. But the people understand it.
    Trump is literally mentally ill. Those answers are worse than my 6-year-old daughter would give.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Who wants to be president of the USA anyways,
    A lot of good people. Too bad the GOP tricked their way into having a horrific person there.

when i see whats going on on TV then its one big shithole with people destroying their cities and have no respect about anything or anybody.
    Cities not being destroyed. Pay attention. White supremacists are bringing on the violence.

Its pretty mutch a sick mess over there and no Trump is not the only one to blame its all the people making a mess in their communities.
    Actually, Trump is precisely the one to blame.

10+ Year Old Account
    This week in "But we supposedly cant understand why wont African-Americans vote for us."
    https://www.texastribune.org/2020/06...-george-floyd/
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...-nation-304633
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Ding, ding, ding.

- - - Updated - - -

As TSLM said, the debt continues to grow, Some presidents have slowed the growth, but it will continue to grow. The debt is not a big issue even though the uneducated and the rightwing politicians and media will say otherwise. The deficit is the problem. That is typically something that grows under the GOP and shrinks under the Dems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    This week in "But we supposedly cant understand why wont African-Americans vote for us."
    It's like the Latino vote. I remember in Colorado years ago, early Obama era, as the Latino population was growing, the State GOP wanted to reach out to get more Latino voters. One proposal was to print all Colorado GOP litterateur in English and Spanish. It was voted on and defeated. After the proposal the members erupted in cheering and applause. But then they wonder why Latino's aren't voting for them.

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/democrats...090004608.html

“Below are pertinent questions, given the way the Democratic Party defines itself as being the party of tolerance and inclusion, and many Democrats' characterizations of Republicans or conservatives as racists or racially insensitive.

Minneapolis, Minn. has been under Democratic control since 1978. Chicago has been under Democratic control for 89 years; its present mayor is a black woman. Philadelphia has had Democratic mayors for 68 years; three of its last five mayors have been black men. Six of the last seven Atlanta, Ga., mayoral administrations were led by black Democratic mayors, and the present mayor is a black woman.

"A city runs its police department and other services; therefore, if there is so much 'systemic racism' in these organizations, why hasn't it been corrected over so many years under Democratic leaders?

"Why aren't these cities garden spots of racial tolerance, understanding, and virtue?
    This is why I can not understand why they vote democrat.

Unfortunately, in too many cases when people say they want an open and honest discussion about race in America, what they mean is they want an open and honest discussion only about what they say is wrong with people who aren’t them.
    Sounds like the MMOC board. But Joe Biden and his lengthy history of stopping systemic racism in the last 40 years is going to win the day...he's on the case now, not then, but now!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Gee, I wonder if it's cause your primary news sources are shit like Breitbart and Fox News rather than like...listening to Black people as to why they vote Democrat.

(Hint: If your answer is any variant of "they've been deluded/brainwashed/lied to", that's just and admission you think they have no agency)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Are we back to pretending we're too stupid to know history and that Democrats used to be the conservative party?

Did texastroll ever admit he was wrong about the tear gas?

Trump is going to win if progressives keep trying their hardest to alienate moderates.. im a progressive 100%, but cmon guys You have allies in the democratic party saying "we'll do every police reform reccomended by activists" but then shout them out if they say they wont defund the police? This is feeling like a repeat of 2016

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post
    Are we back to pretending we're too stupid to know history and that Democrats used to be the conservative party?

Did texastroll ever admit he was wrong about the tear gas?

Alot of people associate the southern strategy with the flip, but it really started in 1877
    very good article on it
    https://www.khanacademy.org/humaniti...romise-of-1877

"Democrats agreed that Rutherford B. Hayes would become president in exchange for the withdrawal of federal troops from the South and the granting of home rule in the South.
    President Hayes’ withdrawal of federal troops from Louisiana and South Carolina marked a major turning point in American political history, effectively ending the Reconstruction Era and issuing in the system of Jim Crow.
    In the aftermath of the Compromise of 1877, a few African Americans in some areas of the South continued to vote and serve in government offices into the 1890s, but the Compromise of 1877 marked the effective end of the Republican Party’s active support of civil rights for black Americans. Southern states rapidly passed laws disenfranchising African Americans and implementing racial segregation.

This is kind of ironic since im a pro-comrpomise guy, but the republicans literally compromised and sold out every black person in order to win a contested election, so i guess thats how some progressives feel about centrists dems, but id 100% support a progressive candidate, if the opponent..wasnt donald trump.

10+ Year Old Account

Sounds like the MMOC board. But Joe Biden and his lengthy history of stopping systemic racism in the last 40 years is going to win the day...he's on the case now, not then, but now!
    your edit jobs are always hilarious

and to play from the deck you normally draw from
    Ill point out, I never said anything about voting democrat in my post, just why we don't look at the GOP as people to represent us.
    So why are you bringing them up to cover for BLATANT racism from the GOP in Texas?

(and Id also like to point out that police unions often jerk the chain hard the moment any mayor tries, but that discussion will drag this thread way off topic, and you don't deserve to get that.)
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

do you have no fucking idea how powerful unions are???

The fucking governor of New York fought for years to simply have cases be handled at the state level and the unions blocked it time and time again, until he just passed an executive order to get around the union.

In case you don't know, a governor is several ranks higher than a mayor.

How much control over police departments do you think a fucking mayor has if GOVERNORS can't even exert control over the fucking unions?

Also you can't understand why people vote democrat?

What fucking black person would vote for a president saying nazi are fine people? Telling black people who are born and raised in America TO GO BACK WHERE THEY CAME FROM? I mean are you so confused about the concept of racism you are confused why black people don't vote for people actively trying to kill them?

I mean let's see...I am a mixed afro-latino guy, who is gay mind you. I have a British accent so.. this sometimes saves grace with those racists (sometimes)... yet I am still those two former things.

Why in the ever-loving fuck would I want to vote for a person or party that is locking up latino children... killing black and latinos... and saying "this is a great time for them!"

Get fucking real dude.

I guess now is a great time for the Rohingya people, I mean why oh why don't the Rohingya support the ruling Burmese party?
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-06-07 at 06:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    What fucking black person would vote for a president saying nazi are fine people?
    An idiot savant?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pardon_of_Joe_Arpaio
    The official White House statement announcing the grant of clemency described Arpaio as a "worthy candidate" having served the nation for more than fifty years "protecting the public from the scourges of crime and illegal immigration."
    Trump promises Stone won’t serve prison time: ‘He can sleep well at night!’
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...on-time-300351

Trump White House changes its story on Flynn.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/14/u...ael-flynn.html

White House wanted 10k active duty troops to quell protesters
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/06/polit...ers/index.html

Maybe it’s because right now, Trump is showing the difference between treatment of his rich friends committing federal crimes against the US, and protestors.

The problem you face... Trump is doing worse right now, than Biden 40 years ago. People see Trump, in what should have been a slam dunk, bumping his approval at least 10% and ended these protests days ago. Which is what every other president has done in similar situations. Trump instead is using this time to inspect bunkers, set up walls around the White House, sign deregulation helping corporations ignore clean air and water act, while bitching that more Americans voting is an impossible feat for Trump to over come... in continuing his presidency.

TLDR: ‘Compare Biden of 40 years ago, to Trump now.’ = lol
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-06-07 at 12:29 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi