10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Nah, its just certain MMO forums.
    And certain (badly fucked up) countries.
    Yeah, MMO forums and websites that don't want to give the impression they are a breeding ground for right wing extremists. Such a pity. /s

Which countries are those, exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Wasn't this grandpa a career protester? I recall seeing him arested before.
    They say wisdom comes with age, he should have known better than to try and stop advancing riot police

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Stop with the victim blaming.
    Why?
    Doing dumb things like trying to stop advancing riot police carries an inherent risk of ending badly for you. Especially when you are almost 80 years old.

They say wisdom comes with age, he should have known better than to try and stop advancing riot police
    Yeah, we've already dealt with the victim blaming portion of the incident.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    That's what you took away from this? Not that tolerating the intolerant is stupid and bad for tolerance overall?
    We are already tolerating ideologies that are based on intolerance in our societies. We even build monuments for them through taxes.

They are called churches, mosques, synagogues etc...

Not saying we need more like illustrated. I agree with the message.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-06-06 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Why?
    Doing dumb things like trying to stop advancing riot police carries an inherent risk of ending badly for you. Especially when you are almost 80 years old.
    This is a valid point. Just like trying to fight advancing Nazi armies can end badly for you. Or trying to fight against a disease can end badly for you.

In fact, pretty much every way you can possibly try to make the world a better place can end badly for you. Really no point in trying.

15+ Year Old Account
    What is a career protester and where can I sign up?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was returning a helmet they dropped, but nice victim blaming.

I'm surprised you're not concerned how bad this looks to white Boomers who are going to have that image in their head come November.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    he should have known better than to try and stop advancing riot police
    Did you watch the video?
    He didn't try to stop anything, he wanted to return a helmet they dropped.

And regardless of whether it was a good idea or not, the incident shouldn't have happened.
    The dude's 75 years old, he posed no threat, yet they pushed him down, basically cracked his skull open and then left him to die.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    This is a valid point. Just like trying to fight advancing Nazi armies can end badly for you. Or trying to fight against a disease can end badly for you.
    "Interesting" take to compare your country's law enforcement to a nazi army.
    I gather you're not going to be calling those nazis when there are people breaking into your house.
    Right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Did you watch the video?
    He didn't try to stop anything, he wanted to return a helmet they dropped.
    Can you tell a difference between a cheap open face bike helmet:

and riot police gear?

"A dropped helmet" - what a beautiful story

P.S. 80 years old and not even wearing a mask, SMH.
    Last edited by stevenho; 2020-06-06 at 10:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Interesting" take to compare your country law enforcement to a nazi army.
    I gather you're not going to be calling those nazis when there are people breaking into your house.
    Right?
    Considering they're probably as likely to shoot you as the intruder? Fuck no.

I do find it funny how people that are like "well you wouldn't like a world without police" are generally the people who have the smallest amount of police presence in their lives. They already live in a world without police, and that's why they believe police to be something they manifestly aren't.

Your feelings don't care about the facts, eh?

- - - Updated - - -

Can you tell a difference between a cheap open face bike helmet:
    That's nice, now tell us what victim blaming is.

Field Marshal
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    He's racist against white people. he's in denial about it too.
    He is prejudice against white people. I don't know about racist. He is a prejudiced SJW, the same types that screech about tolerance.

SJWs are going to be the downfall of the political left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps99 View Post
    He is prejudice against white people. I don't know about racist. He is a prejudiced SJW, the same types that screech about tolerance.

I'm wondering how it feels being so fragile that one equates a call for treating Black people with dignity and respect as prejudice against white people.

Or how telling it is that you think that it is even a dichotomy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    He’s 75 and was most assuredly wearing a mask. Stop lying about the man and blaming him for police brutality. His family doesn’t appreciate this shit.
    Can you at least look at the pics of him? He's literally one of three people NOT wearing a mask and holding his bike helmet.
    It is sad that he got injured, but that was a direct result of his stupid actions.
    Last edited by stevenho; 2020-06-06 at 10:46 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    P.S. 80 years old and not even wearing a mask, SMH.

He was.

Anyways.
    Whether he was returning a helmet or not doesn't change that:
    And regardless of whether it was a good idea or not, the incident shouldn't have happened.
    The dude's 75 years old, he posed no threat, yet they pushed him down, basically cracked his skull open and then left him to die.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account

He was.

Anyways.
    Returning a helmet or not:
    I honestly cannot imagine the level of moral bankruptcy it takes to try and ignore an elderly man nearly getting killed by police for...absolutely nothing. Like, does boot actually taste that good to these people?

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps99 View Post

No honey, SJWs are going to be the downfall far right conservative racists who hunger for the days of Hitler. People like you and the game.

The entire world does not give two fucking shits about your side, do you see protests around the world about supporting racist police who kill people? No you see protest in support of the protestors so give me a fucking break. If you want solidarity you and game can go back to SF.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    What is a career protester and where can I sign up?
    Try here: http://protestjobs.com/ They might have a spot open.

He was.

Anyways.
    Whether he was returning a helmet or not doesn't change that:
    and the only people to stop were the two military people.