Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Why do you join a group to do world PvP?

I mostly see useless players jumping around in big groups to try and feel powerful, but when you catch them 1v1 they melt. Should world pvp quests be limited to only count when you are not grouped so the quest is actually based on skill? I vote yes, as I'm a skilled pvp player.

World Pvp as a whole is an unfair and unbalanced system, always has been, always will be. One way of assuring the odds favor you is by joining a group which of course contributes to the disparity. Another reason players may join groups is the fact WOW is an MMO and players greatly prefer to do content with friends. And, of course, part of the reason why players join groups in World Pvp is to grieve and dominate others then celebrate their mediocrity. The problem isn't the structure of a system that is unquestionably and inherently unfair, the problem is you expect fairness and skill to be a factor in World Pvp and no mater what it's never going to be. Aside from being on the wrong side of a 1vs4, World Pvp is unfair as a result of I-lvl, level differences, various gear procs (corrupted gear and essences), class imbalance as well as NPCs more or less attacking you while other players do as well. If you truly consider yourself a skilled player and I have no reason to believe otherwise, don't treat or consider World Pvp to be a measure of skill, IT IS NOT!

Yeah totally legit.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjen666 View Post
    I mostly see useless players jumping around in big groups to try and feel powerful, but when you catch them 1v1 they melt. Should world pvp quests be limited to only count when you are not grouped so the quest is actually based on skill? I vote yes, as I'm a skilled pvp player.
    I join a group because it is a tool available to make the quests go faster.

Why discourage team play?

Only to peel the easy kills?

You could always join a group yourself?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    World Pvp as a whole is an unfair and unbalanced system, always has been, always will be. One way of assuring the odds favor you is by joining a group which of course contributes to the disparity. Another reason players may join groups is the fact WOW is an MMO and players greatly prefer to do content with friends. And, of course, part of the reason why players join groups in World Pvp is to grieve and dominate others then celebrate their mediocrity. The problem isn't the structure of a system that is unquestionably and inherently unfair, the problem is you expect fairness and skill to be a factor in World Pvp and no mater what it's never going to be. Aside from being on the wrong side of a 1vs4, World Pvp is unfair as a result of I-lvl, level differences, various gear procs (corrupted gear and essences), class imbalance as well as NPCs more or less attacking you while other players do as well. If you truly consider yourself a skilled player and I have no reason to believe otherwise, don't treat or consider World Pvp to be a measure of skill, IT IS NOT!
    easy excuse imo

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I join a group because it is a tool available to make the quests go faster.

Why discourage team play?

Only to peel the easy kills?

You could always join a group yourself?
    I'd rather achieve something than have it gifted

@Benjen666

I have made several threads regarding this
    I share the same opinion.

"True World PvP is 1v1's" is what i actually say

And also...people always choose the path of least resistance, so when Blizzard creates a "world pvp quest" this is the natural order of what is going to happen.
    Is degenerate IMO.

Is like...farming NPC's in the world that are actually people...without any counterplay

D-E-G-E-N-E-R-A-T-E

#Not_My_World_PvP

easy excuse imo

I bet this is a Hordie getting smacked from time to time by alliance world pvp quest groups being butthurt that the Horde warmode population advantage isn't working 100% of the time.

Being Alliance you either join a group or spend half a day trying to pick 1v1-2 fights. These quests are not "achievements" and are not worth spending that much time. Just be quick and be done with it.
    S.H.

Because when I try to PvP on my own, I'm demolished by a group of five or more. In a group, at least, I have a fair(er) fight.

On top of that, it's "survival skills 101": being in a group is much safer than being alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Because when I try to PvP on my own, I'm demolished by a group of five or more. In a group, at least, I have a fair(er) fight.

On top of that, it's "survival skills 101": being in a group is much safer than being alone.
    Is more because is the fastest and optimal way to finish the quest...

As always, this is the reasoning for "every" player

Only time i join a pvp group is in Nazjatar for the 30 badges for the banner toy.
    Do you hear the voices too?

because i care about rewards and not pvp itself
    being in a group obviously means its over faster and easier

if i actually want to do some pvp i play different games

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye aye, ur member is so big, it's practically huge.

I join Warmode groups to simply quickly get my 25 kills and move on. And it's ok, I alone can melt just about 98.5% of people I can meet in Warmode being geared to teeth Mythic Destruction Warlock. But as group is still faster.

The only thing I soloed in Warmode is that N'zoth betrayal quest.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-06-06 at 10:38 PM.

easy excuse imo

the fact is you want to "achieve" it only if they put it there for you as an easy bite. if you really wanted to achieve it you would have done so instead of whining in the forums.

I only use warmode and join groups for world pvp when I'm doing the weekly PVP quests and want them done as fast as possible. Then I turn warmode off again and don't touch it until it's time for the quests again.

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    because i care about rewards and not pvp itself
    being in a group obviously means its over faster and easier

if i actually want to do some pvp i play different games
    QFT

PvP in WoW or like any other mmorpg is just ...not good. Those game are not born to be PvP games. As much as i dont liek shooting games hats down for Counter strike.
    When you want fair, good pvp play that game or least soemthign like that

PvP hasn't and never will be balanced around 1v1. Your success in taking down someone 1v1 is not entirely dependant on having more skill than they do.

WPvP has always been a messy, unbalanced activity. Grouping up to wipe out people roaming the world has literally been a thing since Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    I bet this is a Hordie getting smacked from time to time by alliance world pvp quest groups being butthurt that the Horde warmode population advantage isn't working 100% of the time.

Being Alliance you either join a group or spend half a day trying to pick 1v1-2 fights. These quests are not "achievements" and are not worth spending that much time. Just be quick and be done with it.
    Those alliance players skydropp with 2 groups and 4healer on a single 400 ilvl horde alt dooing a quest in vale and bolt cuz they know they can't compete to even fight I've seen this daily most of the time some animals with 300 IO 3/12 hc guild mates its just pathetic sometimes iget them 1 VS 3 but it's impossible to 1 VS 10 2 groups
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Is more because is the fastest and optimal way to finish the quest...

As always, this is the reasoning for "every" player
    Yeah. Color me surprised for people wanting to be efficient.

7+ Year Old Account
    y.. ya know you cant get credit in raids right?
    And i would never call 5 man groups "big groups"

and no, they arnt doing it to feel powerful, they are doing it to get the quest done.

also no, a skilled pvper does not need to say "as I'm a skilled pvp player."

I am very smart!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    PvP hasn't and never will be balanced around 1v1. Your success in taking down someone 1v1 is not entirely dependant on having more skill than they do.

WPvP has always been a messy, unbalanced activity. Grouping up to wipe out people roaming the world has literally been a thing since Vanilla.
    I have run into havoc DH who are just so bad at the game...
    but its a havoc DH
    they press 1 button, chunk you down half health and go up half health themselves.
    al while spinning around you so you cant cast.
    ez
    pair that with horrid world pvp scaling.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Yeah. Color me surprised for people wanting to be efficient.
    No, no, i was not sh*t talking or anything.
    Is completely normal

"lol" at going out in the world and kill 20 people on your own lonesome self...for little reward