Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by devilzxlin View Post
    FF14 has a horrible launch,eso have ps4 and xbox version.
    wow should also develop xbox and ps4 version
    ps4 no but ps5 was suppose to have full support for keyboard and mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    I was always impressed by the devs of Final Fantasy Online and ESO, and how these games at launch received garbage reviews and were doomed to be just another 2 failed MMOs.

Then the devs reviewed every single aspect of the game, in the case of FFO I think they even shut it down for a whole year, re-launched the games, and now they are praised in the top 3 / top 5 of MMOs on the market.

Blizzard did the same thing with Diablo 3 with the Reaper of Souls expansion and literally every patch that launched after. Whether you love or hate D3's main story or art style, you cannot deny it is a beast of an ARPG compared to what it launched as, and ROS' story was very good as well.

Whatever issues WoW has, they could be fixed, if there was a will for it, WoW makes more money per month than most MMOs do in a year probably.
    eso and FF are also huge names,far bigger than wow was before it became popular with its mmo,its not a surpises they are somewhat popular,also eso isnt sub based,and honestly i seriously doubt wow can get back to its prime numbers,mmo's simply arent trendy anymore

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    WoW is in a horrible state right now. If you cannot feel that - great for you. You are probably chain-running M+, as that is the only part of the game that is actually improved over previous versions:

- Leveling is horribly unrewarding; you are basically enticed to level a new AR to unlock some transmo only to delete the toon afterwards to make room for the next.
    - Regular, untimed Dungeons have never been deader than in BFA. They could just as well not even exist and nobody would notice.
    - Island Expeditions and Waitfronts turned out to be disgusting turds.
    - Raiding is completely pointless. Most people have never recleared a raid fewer times than in BFA. There simply is no reason to go back. This extends to LFR as well. Absolutely no reason to do it.
    - PVP is totally in the shitter with vers-stacking to 15min games in rated, one shot TD stacking in unrated and constant 25-30% bonus in WM for one faction because Blizzard eliminated the Alliance from the game. Also: No rewards worth even mentioning.
    - Have fun running the exact same scenario SIXTEEN TIMES if you are planning on getting a new character up right now. Oh, that's right...you cannot even run it sixteen fucking times because the currency to even let you enter the POS is timegated and requires you to instead do something even MORE BORING for weeks.
    - Bots, Multiboxers and Boosters appear more numerous than regular players. At least i personally have never seen it this bad in front of me since 2005.
    - With all the focus on small-group and solo-content and the total neglect of large-group-content many specs fall harder on their faces than ever before.
    - subjective point: The narrative and lore has never been worse before. Not even when there was no narrative or lore.

So, yeah...everything is awesome. Just keep it coming, Blizzard! There is nothing to fix here.

Non-Sarcastic-Version: I just wish Blizzard would remember what made their games awesome and industry-leading 15 years ago. They don't need to learn anything from anybody else. Just go back to your own strengths.
    agree with a fair bit,but the regular untimed dungeons bit is silly,the only reason those dungeons were ever ran passed gear was for the badges,its just an artificial way to force people to run faceroll dungeons,i would rather NOT be forced,m+ is far better

also raiding is better than ever,i simply cant understand how you think its pointless and no1 reclears it...my guild has been reclearing every heroic and mythc raid every week since i joined in wod(when relevant ofc)

Quote Originally Posted by lawtk View Post
    I think you need to check your opinions with how each has been rated by the gaming communities:

FFXIV Shadowbringers Metacritic
    ESO Metacritic
    BFA Metacritic

The OP has a good point about examples of how to take feedback, make something better, even at the cost of turning it off for a while. Making $$ is not a sign of success, its usually due to brand, market, and loyalty by the fan base. I have no issues with fans of any game that stick with it through thick and thin. I stuck with WoW for 15 years before two things drove me to leave, Blizzard behaving badly as a company and BFA.

I think it can be fixed, I am hopeful they find a bit of what made WoW a fun game in Shadowlands. I don't know if I will come back, but I hope for the people that still love to play the game, they get a truly enjoyable expansion!
    Review bombing makes all user reviews counterfeit. I don't like it being that way, but it's the consequence of abusing the system. Not every person looks for the same things in every game. If there's a game you like better, fine. Play it. Stop trying to make my game into your game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    also raiding is better than ever,i simply cant understand how you think its pointless and no1 reclears it...my guild has been reclearing every heroic and mythc raid every week since i joined in wod(when relevant ofc)
    Because some people cannot understand the concept of playing a game because you enjoy it.

ESO tried being sub based at first. It went as well as any other game not named FFXIV: ARR, which, itself, has a cheaper sub than competitors, that's come out in the last 10 years. They still gate major stuff behind sub.
    Last edited by Shaetha; 2020-06-07 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    Whatever issues WoW has, they could be fixed, if there was a will for it, WoW makes more money per month than most MMOs do in a year probably.
    So what are these issue has that could be fixed? Lets not be vague about it?

And why do you think Blizzard has not been fixing issues and improving the game? Sure they cannot improve it for everyone and please everyone. But that does not mean they have tried and the game, in general, is better for it.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    The game is fine, its the people that are the problem as always.

People still dont understand that WoW was the League of Legends of 2007, the Fortnite of 2007, and thats why it was so popular, not because of what game it was, it was trendy, the same as the other two games have been for their own periods, 2012/2018 and so on.

Even so, as a 16 year old game, if you check official forums and reddit, there are new players starting all the time, because its a massive game, and realistically, whether people like it or not, there is nothing out there compared to it, neither FF , neither ESO, they are decent for what they are, but they arent the best.
    I think that WoW is probably the easiest game to pick up and play. By the time you get to end game you should have learned from others how to farm enough gold for repairs and flight. You've figured out what professions will benefit you the most and gold is pretty easy to come by. It's cartoony looking which adds to the "ease" feel. It can be as hard or as easy as you want it to be.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Depends on the objective and the capability of the devs.
    For example, if they revamped crafting, gathering, fishing and archeology to not be boring, mind numbing activities, that alone would excite people.
    The game is a swamp of oldand boring systems and even the class design is aimed at babies that will likely leave the game after a few hours. Progression is also more ephemeral than ever.

Would the game be popular again if they fixed all those things? Probably.
    They started varying with SL after the player losses. Maybe they will aim to improve other aspects of the game in the future. The problem is they tend to lose track of where the "fun" is. Maybe they can learn some things now that they have been humiliated by BfA's performance and were forced to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Then why rebuild?
    They could make even more money.

Alternatively, the actual answer; the person doesn't find WoW fun anymore and wants it to be fun again. Honestly though idk what's wrong with just going into Vanilla if that's your jam.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Depends on the objective and the capability of the devs.
    This is the weird thing, at least for me; I don't think anyone who's sensible would want to be a game developer, and of those, they'd be even less sensible to work at Blizzard.
    The work conditions and pay in game development as a whole vary between unpleasant and uncompetitive and downright horrible. ActiBlizz is at the front of being awful, with part of the compensation effectively being 'work on the franchises you love' and exposure.
    You could probably make more net income than in all but the most senior development positions working at a gas station in Podunk USA.
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2020-06-07 at 04:12 AM.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    They could make even more money.
    That's highly doubtful at this point. The game is old enough that some sort of full rebuild (or a WoW II) would cost millions at the expense of delaying expansion work (and revenue) while this went on. The ROI doesn't cost out. This thread especially has exactly zero ideas in the op about what is desired. I can guarantee you that whatever list of items / requirements that would be put up would have significant percentages of people against one or more of them.

The game is what it is. Old and in a genre that no longer generates the sort of revenue or desire on the part of players to get engaged with it. The wheel might come around someday but for now, games that can be finished in under an hour are the deal in online gaming.

This is precisely what is wrong with all the ideas about a WoW II. What team is going to develop it? How many years will it take? Are players willing to go with threadbare or no expansions at all during those years because resources are going into the new version? Will there be a new engine? Will they redevelop the code base from scratch? I don't think the answers to those questions are difficult to see.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2020-06-07 at 08:02 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    This is precisely what is wrong with all the ideas about a WoW II. What team is going to develop it? How many years will it take? Are players willing to go with threadbare or no expansions at all during those years because resources are going into the new version? Will there be a new engine? Will they redevelop the code base from scratch? I don't think the answers to those questions are difficult to see.
    I kinda think a lot of people asking for this just want "vanilla WoW gameplay, modernized graphics and QoL". Aside from the graphics, though, it's more or less already here.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Except that... you know.... WoW doesn't need any rebuilding, since you literally acknowledged it's making them ton of cash and is dominating the market... so great way to disprove your entire post.
    Pretty much this. Too many people are living in fantasy land where they believe that the game should cater to them instead of the majority of paying customers
    Last edited by Azerate; 2020-06-07 at 11:03 AM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.