Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Remember when Blizzard said that Zandalari had no connection with the Fel and therefore couldn't be Warlocks, despite the fact that in Vanilla we had the Zandalari Demoniacs? But Vulpera and Mechagnomes.. totally do!

Remove all restrictions.

i would like a high elf pally.blizzard create wow,ea create fifa ultimate team.You can earn FUT Coins by playing FIFA Ultimate Team (FUT) and trading within the Transfer Market, but you can't buy them. Buying coins from a third party, promoting coin buying, or coin distribution is against our rules
    Last edited by devilzxlin; 2020-07-04 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Remember when Blizzard said that Zandalari had no connection with the Fel and therefore couldn't be Warlocks, despite the fact that in Vanilla we had the Zandalari Demoniacs? But Vulpera and Mechagnomes.. totally do!

Remove all restrictions.
    demoniac are more like demon hunters
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Void Elves' cultures don't support Paladins

Same for Zandalar and Warlocks
    But they do. They're just blood and high elves. In fact, blood elf paladin back in TBC made no sense either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Lift class restrictions in general. Once Blizzard introduced the idea of different "orders" within a class's makeup restrictions stopped making sense. If Kul'Tirans and Worgen can have their own unique branches of Druidism there is no reason that Nightborne and Blood Elves couldn't have a more forceful or arcane based version. Or Void Elves a Void based version.

Restrictions are arbitrary now. This goes for basically every single class/race combo, including Zandy Locks and Voidadins.
    Yeah, humans can be druids, I say again. Humans can be druids.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Class restrictions make sense at large, but not no the personal level. Especially if you consider the exceedingly turbulent recent history of Azeroth and friends. But on other hand, it's only been 33 years since the first orks step foot on Azeroth, and merely 8 years since the fall of Gnomregan, starting the history of wow. If you consider how much has happened in such a short time, I question why all of the major characters, if not all denizens of Azeroth, aren't either a neurotic mess or apathetic and nihilistic.

But that's beside my point. What I am saying, it's logical for social and traditional dogmas to break down in such times, but it also haven't been long enough to see changes on a world wide scale, especially if you remember that information does not travel that fast on Azeroth, not among the general populous. But it would be logical to see those changes if we will get the timeskip blizzard seems to be eluding towards.

7+ Year Old Account
    Zandalari Warlocks would make more sense than using PANDAREN MARTIAL ARTS
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Void Elves' cultures don't support Paladins

Same for Zandalar and Warlocks
    Good thing our characters aren't canon then. Cause they can be whatever we decide they are without affecting the lore.
    Your character can have learned his craft in his trip to a different land and tada! You are now the only of your race that has class X. Lore didnt die cause of it. It's just a what if.

I mean does the dreadlord race culture fit with the light? Yet we got a Paladin dreadlord! Yeah... and that one is lore.

I think thats literally impossible. Turalyon and Alleria cant even touch each other because light and void are simply not compatible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    But they do. They're just blood and high elves. In fact, blood elf paladin back in TBC made no sense either.
    I mean, Void Elves are not just some random Blood Elves - they are a group Void power researchers that bit a bit more than they could swallow. It's a fair assumption that your stock Blood Elf paladin would not be found in that group to begin with to even become Void Elf.

It's basically lore.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    a void elf paladin would just die.
    Void and light dont mix. Alleria and Turalyon couldnt even touch each other for a while.
    Uff... disc priests are dropping dead just about now!
    Wut? How is that Lightforged shadow priest still alive?! And that holy priest void elf?!

Oh... might it be cause player characters aren't canon and it doesnt matter? *shock* It's like it's a game and player customisation is fun? *disbelief* What nonsense! Get your priorities straight!

Wish i could get Jim sterling to read that in the voice of a noble.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-06-07 at 04:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor View Post
    Void Elves are finally able to become high elves, elves also have a connection to light, like Paladins
    -> void elf paladin needs to happen if and dark iron paladins are a thing already

Zandalari need to be warlocks and the scales are evened out.
    I wouldn#t twist the cosmetic addition as "void elves can be high elves". If so, they would re-name the race. It's just a cosmetic addition to calm the people that push HElves down and say, "hey, this is the best you're going to get, nothing more"

So, they are still void elfs, and it would make no sense (lore-wise) for them to be paladins. Neither does holy priests, but then again I think there shouldn't be any restrictions for class/race combos at the posint. so eh

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Zandalari Warlocks would make more sense than using PANDAREN MARTIAL ARTS
    While I definitely agree that the Zandalari should have warlocks, monks for them is actually relatively okay I'd say considering their history with the Mogu and Pandaria as a whole; it wouldn't surprise me if there were random Zandalari trolls stranded there after Lei Shen's first defeat that learned from the Pandaren there after they struck down the Mogu.

This one actually has a relatively okay lore reasoning.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Realistically every Blood Elf race including Demon hunters should be available to Void Elves as they were created from existing Blood Elves with classes already. You could maybe argue that no paladin was willing to look into the vold research but Demon Hunters most definitely would .

They do imply that some void elves are high elves as they have high elves joining them in Telogrus rift.
    Were High Elves. Void Elves can either be from Blood Elf or High Elf stock, but not all High Elves are Void Elves, or however that logic works out. When they became Void Elves, they were fundamentally and physiologically changed into a new race. What's the distinction between High and Blood elves then? Social renaming initially, then the fel (and later light) corruption.

I mean, you could legitimately play your Void Elf like they were originally High Elf, renounced their name, became blood elf, purged themselves of the fel in favor of the light and then fell sway to the darkness.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Uff... disc priests are dropping dead just about now!
    Wut? How is that Lightforged shadow priest still alive?! And that holy priest void elf?!

Oh... might it be cause player characters aren't canon and it doesnt matter? *shock* It's like it's a game and player customisation is fun? *disbelief* What nonsense! Get your priorities straight!

Wish i could get Jim sterling to read that in the voice of a noble.
    Ah yes, yet another person who can't separate game mechanics and actual lore.

Void Elf and Lightforged priests are absolutely a thing in lore, it's just that in lore unlike ingame you don't have specs, so said priests are Void and Light respectively there.

Since Blizzard can't just give you 1/3 of a priest as an option in character creation - you end up with Holy Priest Void Elves and Shadow Priest Lightforged. Basically, that's life and Blizzard always said that gameplay comes first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Were High Elves. Void Elves can either be from Blood Elf or High Elf stock, but not all High Elves are Void Elves, or however that logic works out. When they became Void Elves, they were fundamentally and physiologically changed into a new race. What's the distinction between High and Blood elves then? Social renaming initially, then the fel (and later light) corruption.

I mean, you could legitimately play your Void Elf like they were originally High Elf, renounced their name, became blood elf, purged themselves of the fel in favor of the light and then fell sway to the darkness.
    It's really not even that, it's just a simple case of said Void Elves being a very specific group of Void researchers that got banished and then got screwed by Void. It is highly unlikely there would be a Paladin in that mix to begin with, as the whole thing is anathema to them to begin with. DH is a bit more tricky, because they don't have such hard feelings about Void, but I guess at this point it was just a matter of customization difficulties there.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    the most silly restriction was probably no human hunter

also i kinda dont get why some classes can be warrior and priest but not paladin,like brown orcs
    That was a design choice. Blizz originally wanted no race to have more than six classes. Same reason for no blood elf warriors at first.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Yeah let’s make it happen! No more race/class restrictions! I’d love to be able to turn my DH into a Draenei, esp with all the extra options we’re getting in Shadowlands. It’s a new golden age of player customization and cosmetic choice; why not throw off the shackles of an arbitrary restriction as well?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance still needs another druid race.

Zandalari can sit out. They can pretty much be anything. They can handle not being locks.
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggsy View Post
    Woah woah woah. Despite being right, Sin'dorei and Ren'dorei are part of the race called high elves, don't say that too loud. You're asking for a long lecture about how you're wrong and how 'totally different' they all are. People don't understand -racial factions- and separate races.
    I believe I don't need any further lecture on that topic, since I'm pretty aware how different Sin'dorei, Quel'dorei and now Ren'dorei are, I'm mentioning that Blizzard has taken this approach regarding thalassian race. It is funny that this notion is not really well accepted both by hardcore antihelfers (since it undermined their arguments of void elves being something different) and prohelfers (since it puts final nail into separate high elf race coffin).

It is also reason why I don't really need void elf paladins as a pro-helfer myself. Some say that paladin class is a must to fullfil high elf fantasy completely. From all lore material we have, paladins were never a important thing in thalassian culture, it came into existence with Sin'dorei order of Blood Knights. Way more important classes for high elves are hunters (for ranger and archer fantasy), warriors (for elven swordsman fantasy), mages and priests.

Also, Alliance already have somewhat broad selection of paladin races - humans, two kinds of dwarves, two kinds of draenei. I would rather see another shaman or druid race tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Piplupzero View Post
    I think thats literally impossible. Turalyon and Alleria cant even touch each other because light and void are simply not compatible.
    so discipline priests cant touch themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I mean, Void Elves are not just some random Blood Elves - they are a group Void power researchers that bit a bit more than they could swallow. It's a fair assumption that your stock Blood Elf paladin would not be found in that group to begin with to even become Void Elf.

It's basically lore.
    Void Elves as a whole don't really make sense to me. They were so willing to study and use the Void that they abandoned their faction, but immediately after they gain the power of the void they lose interest and become rogues, hunters, and warriors? Its great class/race lore for a Shadow Priest but that one mage who are spooked after turning purple definitely seems like a guy i don't want as my support.