Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ComplexSignal View Post
    Why not just call them out for it? I did this during our progression when some people went full retard and obviously couldn't handle it - just escalate your RL and show them the logs how you're constantly saving their asses while they're facetanking every Thing from Beyond.

Other than that it wasn't really a problem. Having something to do, instead of getting benched in favor of extra DPS was kinda fun.
    O, I was talking about Mythic+ with random people. That's why I don't call people out. Sadly due to time constraints I can't raid or have a dedicated mythic+ group.

I tried raiding with my guild, and due to timezone differences, the raid started at 3am local time for me.

I mean, I just resigned myself to run PuGs and not complain about anything.

I've been called out that I don't DPS enough as a healer in Mythics. I try my best (Catweaving as a druid), but when people go full corruption it's impossible. Then you get blammed for letting people die and doing low DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by ComplexSignal View Post
    Ah I see, you have bigger problems than corruption. Sorry to hear that. WoW in pugs sucks.
    Yeah, but I can't do much. Playing from Europe in a US server. The only people that are online are usually from Oceanic servers and I lag like hell when I join them. Also, I'm not sure I can schedule a set timeframe to dedicate to playing, it's more when I have a spare hour every now and then.

Today I wasted like 3 hours, people just bail and leave after any error. I'm the type of person that doesn't care, and if it takes 2 hours to clear a +10 i'll stay till the end because I know that everybody is doing their best and it's team effort. But a lot of people don#t care

I personally mostly agree with the op, but I can still enjoy the game until SL with the system in place with the changes they have made. I just wish they would either make the 'rental powers' talent choices moving forward into other expansions, or simply go back to adding talents. Otherwise it just feels like the gimmick of the year (or two).

They could have added a talent row for us in BfA called something like "Memories of [insert artifact name here]" and let us choose one of the artifact talents we really loved, rather than changing a talent line by removing one thing and adding another.

Going into SL, we could have another talent row called "Memories of Azeroth" or something and do something similar with azerite traits.

I am not saying this system would be perfect - I am honestly just spitballing. But I imagine their dev round table could come up with something that doesn't feel like we are losing gameplay we have adopted over the course of the previous expansion.
    Last edited by TheRainman; 2020-06-07 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I will never understand the "borrowed power" argument

You do know not even talents are permanent? They can change every expansion?
    So a changed talent was also a borrowed power?

Dude...is 2 years. 2 entire years of your life with a set of "borrowed powers"

Do you think 2 years of your life mean "nothing"? How crazy is that bro?
    Thats why the Artifact Weapon was way better because it boosted your spec with spec stuff and not any outside power that got nothing to do with your spec/class. It was a talent tree and we gained 1-2 abilities that we either lost or got baked as talent/base into BfA. Like every expansion before. BfA borrowed power is 80% non class/spec spesific. I doubt Demon Hunters get reaping flames or Infinite Stars as baseline ability in Shadowlands lol.

So Legion and BfA borrowed power is not the same thing. Which we also see with the soulbinds in Shadowlands. 5% more crit if you are taller than the opponent, 30% more dodge if you are a female and so on. It's borrowed power per definition, but more like buffing your class/spec rather than having 50%(at least) on your damage meter being non class abilities.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-06-07 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Yeah, but I can't do much. Playing from Europe in a US server. The only people that are online are usually from Oceanic servers and I lag like hell when I join them. Also, I'm not sure I can schedule a set timeframe to dedicate to playing, it's more when I have a spare hour every now and then.

Today I wasted like 3 hours, people just bail and leave after any error. I'm the type of person that doesn't care, and if it takes 2 hours to clear a +10 i'll stay till the end because I know that everybody is doing their best and it's team effort. But a lot of people don#t care
    I noticed that it's not advisable to take very high IO people when all you need to do is to clear a weekly +15 or whatever level you aim at.
    For a +15 run ill look for people between 1500 and 2000 rating. Not taking 3k+ rating guys in hopes of getting carried, as they'll just leave the dungeon after 1 wipe or any indication that the timer would fail. My first +10 chest was junkyard done in like 70 minutes, twice as much as the timer allows.

Right now it may be different as high gear / rating guys are joining low keys to farm echoes. Although i don't think this is the fastest method. The fastest for me was running 2-player rated arenas, roughly 50 echoes per win and in 1 hour i won 14 times out of 20-ish games. Queue with two 475+ dps and you will win until ~1600 rating without almost any PvP skill involved. 14 wins was ~650 echoes, that's equivalent of three +15 runs. There's no way in hell to run three 15s in an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    I mean, I'd say that what's straight stupid is someone paying for a sub on a game he doesn't like to the point that he has to complain on mmo champion about it. If you feel the need to make the 100th thread to whine about corruptions without providing any proper feedback, other than your regular day to day corruption experience, chances are you hate the game in its current state, and if you do that, why not take a break?

Use these few braincells you have to think before replying buddy.
    I dislike the corruption system as well. That being said - I also still enjoy the game. They're not mutually exclusive. OP never said he hated the game. He said he hates corruption. Before you go belittling someone for having a different opinion than yours, or perhaps just expressing themselves in a way you don't find appropriate, why don't you use your brain cells for adequate reading comprehension?

Why is it "straight stupid" to pay for a game, and complain on a forum? Is it because it's MMO Champ and not the official blizzard forums? Maybe he posted in both. Maybe he didn't. Who cares? He is posting in a forum he is a member of, just like any of us. Is it because he didn't offer a way to make the system better? Maybe he doesn't want a better version of it, and just wants it gone. There is nothing wrong with that either. We each have our own opinions on what we like and what we dislike.

While it is certainly your prerogative to complain about his complaining, it seems an incredibly hypocritical thing to do. I would wager a lot of people post on this forum, or any forum for that matter in a way to vent. This forum is mostly about WoW. His feelings, his ire, his frustration that he is sharing is about WoW. Seems like he's in the correct place. Your post had less anger in it than his, but in my opinion was by far the more toxic of the two. Whereas he is upset about a game we all, for the most part, play and enjoy (even if it is a Love / Hate relationship at times), yours seems simply to dismiss him and to make assertions about his intellect for criticizing a game in a way you disapprove of.

It's a forum, and as such, hyperbolic speech is way more common than it should be. Much like one thread being very similar to another thread, or in many cases the exact same thread simply from another person. In my experience it's exceedingly unlikely for someone to first search through x number of other threads or posts to find someone else's thread to post in (unless it is on the front page), rather than simply making a new thread to pop off at something you are upset about.

It's fascinating that you have been a member here since 2012 and either haven't learned that yet, or seem content to point it out whenever you come across it. Either way it's baffling. The former hints at the lack of brain cells you attribute to the OP, and the latter seems an extreme exercise in futility. But to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I know something else that is "straight stupid"
    Nearly BfA in its entirety. Have a great weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khosumi View Post
    Corruptions in PVP should not be active, at all.
    Flying should be disabled in Warmode too.

Nobody can make me like this garbage system. It's trash, always been trash and always will be. Borrowed powers are a cancer over this game, what happened to your character being the source of your powers, not this stupid fucking helmet that once the xpac finished all of your extra effects suddenly vanishes as if your character has some sort of Alzheimer.

Drop a weapon today, it's better than my current one by 2k ONLY if I get expedient WHICH ISN'T ON SALE RIGHT NOW and who god damn knows when it'll be, blizzard's making sure we get as much fun as possible from their terrible systems.

edit: I have been informed that corruption vendor is on a set schedule. While it does alleviate some of my issues, it still does not fix the issue at all as you'd still need to wait before the next set rotation would come around. I still see this as a major flaw, but it's something.
    you know what else is borrowed power?tier sets,any item that gives you ''power'',until it resets next expansion,time to get over it,its been like 20 years man

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    Rental powers are garbage. The baseline classes have been in a garbage state with Legion and BFA. They took 10 years of refinement towards perfection in class design and threw it out the window to start over with rental powers. Blizzards designers are a bunch of inept retards. Fuck rental powers, fuck pruning, and fuck modern WoW.
    tier sets and gear in general is ''rental power'' until the next tier or expansion reset,its been 20 years,time to get over it

Quote Originally Posted by Athulua View Post
    Would be nice if they could weave older dungeons into the system, 2 from Legion 2 from BFA on top of SL instances per season.
    Although I don't have that much of a problem with the system alone. Eventually you reach a point in where you are only getting upgrades from weekly chest, so doing that one +15 is all you need to do. They fixed patch 8.3 into a pleasant state quite late, as before this corruptions were total RNG, some people said that this is even worse than titanforging. But targeted corruption minipatch made it into an entirely different beast. Shadowlands will carry another improvement to the weekly chest system, you will have more control over what you get, as right now that 475 piece is totally random as well.
    Agree, shadowlands is improving upon this. And looks much better then older iterations. As for the corruptions, I don’t really mind it as long as such powerfull “tools” happends in the last patch, so it won’t keep haunting u from start to finish. Cause some will be to powerfull to remove

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post

Off topic, but I hate that player mentality like yours isn’t more common. I myself am a decent player, pull great numbers, kill bosses on hardest difficulty. Yet I still don’t have an attitude that leads me to leave because I’m in a group of lesser skilled people. Hell this season the only key I’ve left was a dungeon the group was mathematically not able to do (way too undergeared healer). We dropped key and I did the lower one with them. No biggie. I don’t care how good you are, it’s just a game, assholes deserve nothing but ignore lists.

To OP, borrowed power itself I don’t find too bad, IF we have it for the majority of the expansion after unlocking it. Corruption itself fails for several reasons, one being that it was brand new in the last patch of the expac. Blizzard has a horrible record of needing a few iterations before systems feel good, and that’s exactly what happened with corruption. I think the reason it feels even worse than other systems being adjusted (azerite, essences) is that it came so late. We have to slog through confusing design decisions like no vendor from start, randomly (seemingly) corruptions once they gave us one, using a currency that only punished mains who had every essence already, and the general triple layer RNG that corruptions created.

Overall, corruptions feel bad, IMO. Going though logs and seeing the large amounts of passive damage from certain corruptions is ridiculous. The static stat ones feel a little less bad, cause it’s giving your actual spells and rotation more omph. But even still, I’m dreading their deactivation going into prepatch/SL. I’m gonna miss all my haste more than any azerite trait, methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Today we have discussions being held at a discussion-forum, more news at 11.
    There's a fine line between a discussion and a pointless negativity echo chamber... which is all this thread serves to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I don't know, how about another talent row or two?

And open the flood gates for non-stop balancing issues on Blizzard's end while allow more complaining threads like this going forward?

No thanks Jeff.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2020-06-07 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by natpick View Post
    why when someone complains about something in the game do people offer for said player stop playing?is that the only solution you can think of?surely coming up with something else would be better for all concerned right?more people in the game is better for everyone.i dont like the corruption mechanic but i still enjoy the rest of the game,should i stop playing?.
    Because suggestions have already been made to death about the corruptions. And while it's alright to complain, I've already further expanded on this by saying that a new thread is just unnecessary when literally dozens of threads exist complaining about corruptions.

I dislike corruptions myself, I think it's a very ass system to play with. I was displeased with it and wanted to a) complain about it and b) offer feedback. As far as I remember, the only sensible feedback I've personally given was to add a corruption vendor, which happened, but not in the most ideal way. I've complained about the system itself without making new threads, because I don't think that my issue is important enough to make a thread on what seems to have threads made for it every day as it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    You're free to ignore him just as much as he's free to make a discussion thread. If you have nothing to offer besides petty contempt then I advise you to grow thicker skin.

You can also PM a mod so he can consider merging threads.
    I think the ppl who should grow a thicker skin are the ones who take up the pitchforks the moment someone tells them to quit, but alright.

But OP...the vendor fixed all the issues, now it just gonna suck in SL when its all gone. I have BIS corruptions now my self...We'll, as I wanna play, cause many pro's obviously push to 79 corruption or something fun.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Redlikemyrage View Post
    Off topic, but I hate that player mentality like yours isn’t more common. I myself am a decent player, pull great numbers, kill bosses on hardest difficulty. Yet I still don’t have an attitude that leads me to leave because I’m in a group of lesser skilled people. Hell this season the only key I’ve left was a dungeon the group was mathematically not able to do (way too undergeared healer). We dropped key and I did the lower one with them. No biggie. I don’t care how good you are, it’s just a game, assholes deserve nothing but ignore lists.
    Yeah, i have found some people like this and add them to my friends list, but it seems thag the PuG community as a whole has changed. I remember doing fun gold EPGP ICC runs back in WotLK, pugging stuff was a blast!
    Last edited by Ragnarohk; 2020-06-07 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    I don't agree with your opinion. Rental powers are great. The problem is how they were implemented and how difficult they are to obtain. If they were farmable it would be better.
    Rental power is trash we haven't had a new talent row in multiple expansion just keep getting rental crap.

the corruption system along wiht 1 other thing made made me quit retail for classic too much rng in retail atm

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    tier sets and gear in general is ''rental power'' until the next tier or expansion reset,its been 20 years,time to get over it
    Tier sets are fine. They are much smaller in overall impact and have often been disabled in PvP, in which case they do not dilute my experience of playing my class vs. my opponent's class.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Rental power is trash we haven't had a new talent row in multiple expansion just keep getting rental crap.
    Rental power is the only reason that each class doesn't have 30 abilities for their rotation. More bloat makes the game harder for new players. Rental power has been in the game since launch and it's what makes the game exciting each new patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    It always amazes me that people like you think comments like this and "omg, liek, this ain't no blog, lol!" is somehow a valid comment to make on a god damned discussion forum.