Poll: Do you want Corruption in Shadowlands?

Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Shadowlands Needs Corruptions

After watching countless amounts of Shadowlands footage, I have one takeaway from it all;

LOOT IS BORING.

There is no longer any fun in receiving loot. No excitement in what might happen upon receiving it. It is so sterile that it feels like it's super sterile.

This is why I propose that Corruptions should continue in Shadowlands. Corruptions add a HUGE RPG (role-playing-game) element to gear. They are incredibly exciting and nothing feels better than when you get a Twilight Devastation Level 3 on a good piece. Corruptions also puts a HUGE emphasis on COLLECTING GEAR. With Corruptions, it's important to keep pieces of gear in your bag so you can have VARIETY in the sets you wear. Having the ability to swap out Corrupted gear for non-Corrupted pieces so you can play around with your Corruption levels is FREAKING AWESOME. It makes me feel like I'm playing with Vanilla gear, you know, when gear was IMPORTANT.

I want to see Corruptions continue and I know there are many others like me. I've included a poll so Blizzard can see how many others support Corruption.
    Last edited by Dungo; 2020-06-07 at 10:37 AM.

Hopefully the system that is corruption will not show its face again untill blizzard hires some competent people to balance it. The idea itself is fine, but if balanced as poorly as the current system it becomes a cancer on the game.

Oh boy, I sure do love getting gear with random passives that outdamage my actual skills!

7+ Year Old Account
    Corruptions wouldn't really fit with Shadowlands theme, though I'm sure that something similar could be introduced.

I don't agree with you about Vanilla gear though, as all you did was go for your BIS item from a specific raid boss and then you were done. There was no rpg about it at all. Vanilla loot was very boring, but it worked for the game at the time. People knew what to aim for and how to get it.

Corruptions are essentially additional enchantments for gear, so maybe they should let enchanters go back to enchanting all gear slots, and have bosses drop items 'corruptions' that can modify enchantments.

15+ Year Old Account
    Insert Michael Scott "NO"

7+ Year Old Account
    Eaw.

No thank you.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    They are incredibly boring and nothing feels more demoralizing than not getting a Twilight Devastation Level 3 (or your specs best corruption of the week) or even worse leech/avoidance.
    Fixed it for you.

Examples of good RPG elements to return are:

1) Tier sets but expand the system to be dungeon/raid sets.
    2) Legendaries that are both fun and rotationally impactful.
    3) Fixed sockets and set bonuses.
    4) Meaningful enchants on more slots.

They are incredibly exciting and nothing feels better than when you get a Twilight Devastation Level 3 on a good piece.
    That's the average wow player's addition to the skinner box dopamine hit, nothing more. When a corruption procs and does eleventy billion damage and you get the big number that's blizzard trying to manipulate you to play longer, nothing you did made it happen. There is no skill expression in corruptions, just an rng proc off an rng proc off rng gear.

Corruptions also puts a HUGE emphasis on COLLECTING GEAR. With Corruptions, it's important to keep pieces of gear in your bag so you can have VARIETY in the sets you wear. Having the ability to swap out Corrupted gear for non-Corrupted pieces so you can play around with your Corruption levels is FREAKING AWESOME.
    Except not anymore I guess now you can buy them from the vendor. It's almost like it was a system intended to extend sub time by keeping people grinding their infinitely repeatable content for infinite gear, and now the expansion is over bar the shouting they've broken their own system so people can actually have fun with it.
    Now, this is just my opinion, but if you have to intentionally break a core function of the system to make it fun it's a bad system.

It makes me feel like I'm playing with Vanilla gear, you know, when gear was IMPORTANT.
    Random appeal to nostalgia aside, corruptions at the start of the patch were nothing like vanilla. In fact, it was the opposite you would would be cycling through gear and content forever hoping to get the perfect corruption for the perfect piece.

After watching countless amounts of Shadowlands footage, I have one takeaway from it all;

LOOT IS BORING.

There is no longer any fun in receiving loot. No excitement in what might happen upon receiving it. It is so sterile that it feels like it's super sterile.

This is why I propose that Corruptions should continue in Shadowlands. Corruptions add a HUGE RPG (role-playing-game) element to gear. They are incredibly exciting and nothing feels better than when you get a Twilight Devastation Level 3 on a good piece. Corruptions also puts a HUGE emphasis on COLLECTING GEAR. With Corruptions, it's important to keep pieces of gear in your bag so you can have VARIETY in the sets you wear. Having the ability to swap out Corrupted gear for non-Corrupted pieces so you can play around with your Corruption levels is FREAKING AWESOME. It makes me feel like I'm playing with Vanilla gear, you know, when gear was IMPORTANT.

I want to see Corruptions continue and I know there are many others like me. I've included a poll so Blizzard can see how many others support Corruption.

No bruh, please for the love of god NO. What shadowland offers in alpha is already great! No titanforge and no corruption just good old loot system is more than enough.

Tbh corruption is a total failure, the design and balance in the first place is totally off the chart. Even now it’s utterly bs.

10+ Year Old Account

LOOT IS BORING.

Yeah, because nothing says important like farming gear that you just discard because it doesn't have a boost or the right secondary stats, spending weeks or months on something that may just no come. That the system is so borked that they have to make things easier for a chance to get what you want. It happened with Legiondaries and now it's happening with Corruption...

Gear can matter without having to tug endlessly on the RNG slot machine...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cede View Post
    Fixed it for you.

This this and this

LOOT IS BORING.

Please no, no and no.

The corruption system is imbalanced from the outset and shite. It deals more damage than abilities and is not satisfying. It is in its last dying breath and I hope it will never be ressurected in any shape or form.

10+ Year Old Account
    So OP do you think all loot that came before Corruption gear was boring too? Like... 6 expansions worth of loot?

I am with you OP, but unfortunately Blizzard seems to have "finally" listened to the vocal minority who wants "loot to be loot". We'll see how it pans out, I'm worried it will be very boring and will backfire on them. At least we will get that "I told you so" moment once this new-old philosophy drastically fails.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    So OP do you think all loot that came before Corruption gear was boring too? Like... 6 expansions worth of loot?
    Before corruption we had WF and TF. Before that...yes, loot was pretty boring and there was no incentive to run an instance after you got everything.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Cede View Post
    Fixed it for you.

OP is trolling but I can't stress enough how important these points are, especially the last two.

I would add as #5 more secondary stats, some that are only useful for certain roles. Getting good gear feels better when there's crap loot out there instead of every single piece being useful.

Corruption after the targeted vendor fix behave more like gear enchants. Way more grindy and time-gated but enchants nonetheless. Some are flat out stat increases, others are damaging procs.

I would love if they would make enchanting look like this. Perhaps tied to Covenant and permitting more / stronger enchants as time goes on, to prevent players from stacking everything on day 1. Heck, you could make class-specific enchants altering your abilities.

Right now enchanting is a laughingstock of what it used to be. I was able to enchant most of my gear pieces not that long ago. I believe WOD was the pruning expansion, that reduced enchants to like 3 gear slots. In MOP I had enchants on shoulders, boots, chest, legs, belt, weapon, rings, cloak and neck. Heck, go ahead and enchant your heirlooms. You can enchant most if not all of them (barring trinkets)

If they would care and actually try, they could make enchanting great (and balanced) again.
    Rich enchanting and gemming options made expansion beginnings bearable. Sure, there was a stat reset and you replaced gear with greens and blues, but thanks to gemming and enchanting you were not at RNG mercy and could actually build a character. You need crit for your spec to work well? Stack crit gems and enchants, simple as that. In MOP a significant fraction of your stat budget came from these. Bad RNG with gear drops didn't made your character totally suck ass.
    Last edited by Athulua; 2020-06-07 at 11:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather want Titanforging than corruptions.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The poll is missing the "go fuck yourself" option.

When corruptions came out I stopped raiding. I did not understand nor did I want to. Annoying.