Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Reed the topic, dude. Read what other people write and look at their screenshots
    1 person linked screenshots.. and yeah the face region is abit less sharp i guess?
    Other then that its literally the exact same.
    the old models literally just had more sharp faces. that is it. so yeah i guess the newer ones are just more rounded.

I'm not at all concerned with the size of the eredar. I'm talking just straight meanness levels. The BC eredar (random NPCs, named NPCs, Kil'jaeden, Archimonde, the Eredar Twins, that other female on Bloodmyst Isle) all looked mean and scary. The WoD/Legion eredar (excluding Kil'jaeden, but not Archimonde) look like normal nice draenei just with different colors, though they all besides Archimonde and KJ have lines on their faces for some reason.

Chronicle has a pretty good 'evil' look depicted to Kil'Jaeden.

And the further back we go in WC3 the more evil they look, I think.

I mean heck in Sunwell & Magister's Terrace there was even the whole devil-portrait angle going on.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1 person linked screenshots.. and yeah the face region is abit less sharp i guess?
    Other then that its literally the exact same.
    the old models literally just had more sharp faces. that is it. so yeah i guess the newer ones are just more rounded.
    What does the other person have to do with it? I tell you that the new eredar are just red draenei.
    Yes, the old eredars were not updated with the models and left the same ones, and this is strange, but I say that the old eredars looked really cool and it was clear that they were powerful demons.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Lord_Nath%27raxas
    Look at him. He's not too big, but it's not a red draenei. And he really looks like a powerful demon (although I think he would look cooler if he were the size of Jaraxxus).

Disliked the WoD eredar the moment I saw them. Puny draenei clones with fel-green hooves? Really? The mighty no-fucks-given eredar warlocks that were introduced in Wc3 as the ultimate lords of the Legion have been reduced to weak regular questing caster mob status, where you fight twenty of them at once and defeat them all without breaking a sweat?

Even Archimonde looked worse than he did nineteen years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    snip.
    But there also wasn't thousands of Eredar running around Outland, not every Eradar is gonna achieve the great power and twisted forms the higher ups are. Put a scowl on the second images face and he isn't going to be much more intimidating than he already is...I don't look at the image of the first one and think "oh he looks so scary because he has a painfully constipated face" no he looks scary because he is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    But there also wasn't thousands of Eredar running around Outland, not every Eradar is gonna achieve the great power and twisted forms the higher ups are.
    But why? The eredar were literally recruited by sargeras to be the commanders of the legion because of their magical affinity. It makes zero sense some explicitly recruited to be in charge and after training for 13,000 years would still be a basic bitch warlock.

Making them common mobs because it was cheap and easy to reskin the draenei model was a dud move lorewise.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Agreed.

They used to have unique models, now they're recolored Draenei. Really bothered me back in Legion, but yeah.
    They used to be recoloured Archimondes running around...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    They used to be recoloured Archimondes running around...
    Unique in the sense they looked differently than the Draenei player model.

altho darkoms and i rarely agree, here hes right.
    the way eredar have been handled since BC is extremely bad. Before, every time an Eredar showed up it was somewhat of a big deal, and they looked pretty different from the Draenei.
    Now, however, they are used as simple trash mobs, and their models fully look like Draenei with a few green lines...but i guess thats what happens when Blizz gets lazy and decides its better and cheaper to use a recolored Draenei model for the Eredar
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    the way eredar have been handled since BC is extremely bad. Before, every time an Eredar showed up it was somewhat of a big deal, and they looked pretty different from the Draenei.
    Now, however, they are used as simple trash mobs, and their models fully look like Draenei with a few green lines...but i guess thats what happens when Blizz gets lazy and decides its better and cheaper to use a recolored Draenei model for the Eredar
    I completely agree. Before eredar were these big tough enemies. Then they just become just things to kill willy nilly. There was no sense of these guys are extremely powerful.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nonsense, both TFT and BC were, littered, with eredar creeps and monsters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deathrange View Post
    I completely agree. Before eredar were these big tough enemies. Then they just become just things to kill willy nilly. There was no sense of these guys are extremely powerful.
    They were, litterally, trash mobs in TBC instances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    But why? The eredar were literally recruited by sargeras to be the commanders of the legion because of their magical affinity. It makes zero sense some explicitly recruited to be in charge and after training for 13,000 years would still be a basic bitch warlock.

Making them common mobs because it was cheap and easy to reskin the draenei model was a dud move lorewise.
    You give all your lackies great power the better the chance they rise up against you...or maybe it's just a rank thing? Name one organization where everyone is the same rank...

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Nonsense, both TFT and BC were, littered, with eredar creeps and monsters.

- - - Updated - - -

They were, litterally, trash mobs in TBC instances.
    They weren't in masses to be complete trash mobs. They were usually high-end elites and bosses. Not a regular mob you just pulled. Plus they didn't just looked like a recolored draenei. They were buy taller and more menacing looking.

I know that the eredar have been updated long time ago, in Draenor, but I did not consider it important then. But just now I wanted to discuss it. What do you think about this? I mean, just look at the old eredar. They were huge and looked like Archimonde (who was really cool in Warcraft 3 because of this you understood that although these guys are not Archimonde, they are also dangerous). When you came across them, you understood that they were really powerful demons, they were the size of a pit lord, they were incredibly strong physically and at the same time they were incredibly powerful warlocks. You understood that these were indeed the most powerful demons of the Legion. After updating the models ... I do not know. These are just red Draeneis. You just fight against a representative of one of the playable races with red skin. This is not impressive.
    I think what you're referring to as Eredar are basically just Sargerei.
    Argus has real Eredar.

Last edited by Yarathir; 2020-06-07 at 04:57 PM.

The main problem is that Draenei were retconned, to be related to the eredar and given their models, so that players could play a cool demonic looking race.

The current eredar are just red draenei, the size of a player or a little taller.
    Well, yes. Although it would be more accurate to say that Draenei are blue Eredar, since Eredar is the species, while Draenei are just a political faction.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathrange View Post
    They weren't in masses to be complete trash mobs. They were usually high-end elites and bosses. Not a regular mob you just pulled. Plus they didn't just looked like a recolored draenei. They were buy taller and more menacing looking.
    It's been awhile since you did Arcatraz I take it? https://wow.gamepedia.com/Arcatraz#/...:ArcaTrash.jpg - Those Deathbringers and Soul-Eaters were all over the place in the last wing. Then, of course, there were all the various quests that had you kill various eredar all over Outland. My point is, they were much more common than people want them to be apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    You give all your lackies great power the better the chance they rise up against you...or maybe it's just a rank thing? Name one organization where everyone is the same rank...
    A caste system like the one the legion uses, the eredar were recruited to command the legion.

I wonder what a miracle must happen so that you stop constantly mentioning your personal attitude towards me.
    Last edited by darkoms; 2020-06-07 at 06:51 PM.