Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Class DLCs (in addition to expansions that should have a class at least if not 2) are a hit and miss. It all depends on how ladders are made, since if you play solo and not competitive, it doesn't change anything.
    Are they really a hit and miss? Didn't the Necromancer DLC do fairly well?

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Are they really a hit and miss? Didn't the Necromancer DLC do fairly well?
    Yes, but they need to pay attention to balance things out or people will feel forced to buy them because the new OP class is there. Less risky since the dungeons in D4 will have an hardcap on levels and also gear so there's a plateau they need to hit, the rest is just bonus.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I'm honestly waiting to see if they will add a new class, like something we haven't seen before. It's almost too obvious that they're pandering to D2, but I feel D4 should be embracing more than just that. Even the Druid right now, as cool as it is, is feeling very derivative. It's not a bad thing, just not something that's too surprising or amazing.

Being a big Druid fan, I hope there's builds that will allow you to keep one form rather than the constant shifting when you use different abilities. I'm a sucker for theme and I want to embrace the bearform if they allow it, and not just be stuck to 'Shockwave Spam' gameplay as a means to sustain it. Right now all I see is the 'Grizzly Rage' skill but it seems very temporary, like a cooldown ability rather than a form to use.
    You can choose all werebear abilities and be in bear form with all attacks. Kim mentioned at Blizzcon that there would be an option to stay in the form. But if you choose nature magics, werewolf abilities and bear, I don't think it's possible to stay in one form the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    You can choose all werebear abilities and be in bear form with all attacks. Kim mentioned at Blizzcon that there would be an option to stay in the form. But if you choose nature magics, werewolf abilities and bear, I don't think it's possible to stay in one form the whole time.
    The issue I have isn't purely whether it's doable or not, but whether it'd be made viable.

I mean I have the same problems with Diablo 2 and 3 right now where the Paladin and Crusader don't really have a lot of great melee builds, whereas they are supposed to be the idea Sword-and-Board class archetypes. The best Paladin build is Blessed Hammer spam, with other gimmicky builds like smite-stun or Shockadin Aura builds, but rarely anything that supports a good melee build without requiring a ton of specific items to get working. D3 is less so now since they are balancing many different builds and Rolands and non-set builds help boost a melee build, but the best Crusader builds still end up being AoE or Ranged-centric (then again D3 really promotes AoE smashy builds over everything else).

I just really like the Werebear fantasy for Druids, and I hope that can be retained in its purest form. If it's been mentioned then at least there's hope for it being considered for end-game viability.

The issue I have isn't purely whether it's doable or not, but whether it'd be made viable.

I mean I have the same problems with Diablo 2 and 3 right now where the Paladin and Crusader don't really have a lot of great melee builds, whereas they are supposed to be the idea Sword-and-Board class archetypes. The best Paladin build is Blessed Hammer spam, with other gimmicky builds like smite-stun or Shockadin Aura builds, but rarely anything that supports a good melee build without requiring a ton of specific items to get working. D3 is less so now since they are balancing many different builds and Rolands and non-set builds help boost a melee build, but the best Crusader builds still end up being AoE or Ranged-centric (then again D3 really promotes AoE smashy builds over everything else).

I just really like the Werebear fantasy for Druids, and I hope that can be retained in its purest form. If it's been mentioned then at least there's hope for it being considered for end-game viability.
    Depends on what you consider viable. All builds really require tons of specific gear if you want to "compete" and be viable in the GR 150 race. I just play for fun, so I make my own builds out of what abilities I like to use and what gear I can get.

15+ Year Old Account
    Really not digging the druid. Hopefully there's an alternative to the chubby guy (no offense).

I don't care enough to guess, diablo 4 will be released with 1000 bugs like Diablo 3 was because Blizzard uses it's players as beta testers who pay to test their game for them. Then a year later they'll roll out a patch that will make the game amazing, then in another year they'll make changes that makes the game garbage.
    It's the blizzard cycle. They do it in WoW too it goes from Buggy > good > garbage.

Hopefully they just do the smart thing and remaster Diablo 2, without ruining it like they did wc3.

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    I don't care enough to guess, diablo 4 will be released with 1000 bugs like Diablo 3 was because Blizzard uses it's players as beta testers who pay to test their game for them. Then a year later they'll roll out a patch that will make the game amazing, then in another year they'll make changes that makes the game garbage.
    It's the blizzard cycle. They do it in WoW too it goes from Buggy > good > garbage.

Hopefully they just do the smart thing and remaster Diablo 2, without ruining it like they did wc3.
    You say that as if D2 had nobugs and the first 18 patches in the first year weren't mostly bug fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    One thing I'd actually love is followers. I liked the Mercenaries in D2 (and they were fairly important as a gameplay element for solo) and really liked the D3 followers with their banter (though apart from halving damage for solo and offering a few mechanics to interact with they don't really do that much). With D4 having a bigger focus on world content and possibly more exploration than ever before, I would love the npc company. And I'd even enjoy having multiple followers up at once, giving a small CRPG feel (and significantly changing inventory management for solo play and perhaps giving support abilities a much better role in solo). It could even be a way to introduce classes to the game that might not be able to get in otherwise (like the female-only Amazon) or classes that overlap too much with the playable ones.
    That would be quite cool. It would be a different game though.

For example the idea you had a party of 4 and you say mained a barb and ran around damaging with him and you had a witch doctor/sorc and a pally with a few spells you would tab too to cast like stuns/heals etc but then arcane traps and bone walls are getting cast around them in level 120 GR, you're not gonna be able to control them all avoiding damaging spells and being able to damage back as well. Unless you make them all auto attack while you're not in direct control.

So they would have to change opponent behavior/spells by a lot to counter balance having CRPG elements because of how re-active diablo gameplay is.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Mercs in D2 were great for synergy. Runewords opened up huge potential for that, supporting you in any way that you may be lacking.

Need extra boss punishment? Get good Crushing Blow items. Packing heavy elemental damage? Conviction would be key. Need more CC? Reapers Toll would be great.

D3 didn't really offer that level of customization. Merc ability choice was nice, but much too standard. Unity was the only real interesting combo, and even then it wasn't a choice more so a necessity.

Unity was the only real interesting combo, and even then it wasn't a choice more so a necessity.
    Let me tell you about Oculus Ring...

Paladin
    Sorcerer
    Barbarian
    A weird class like druid and witch doctor was, based on summoning or minions
    Archer class

Druid looks way to bulky not a fan of it at all

d2 mercs were rental powers before rental powers were a thing.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

The lineup on launch is gonna be:

Barbarian/Druid/Sorceress, Amazon (ranged, Demon Hunter sucks for the atmosphere of D4), and Reaper (Melee Necromancer with a shield/scythe, cult based around Malthael).

Amazon should be obvious, Reaper (I seem to remember Blizzard saying they wanted a new class and a returning one) would be a good character to fill the missing holes with the current roster (no shield user, no summoner), while also filling an old popular fantasy (Necromancer) and being a reference to D3.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    The lineup on launch is gonna be:

Barbarian/Druid/Sorceress, Amazon (ranged, Demon Hunter sucks for the atmosphere of D4), and Reaper (Melee Necromancer with a shield/scythe, cult based around Malthael).

Amazon should be obvious, Reaper (I seem to remember Blizzard saying they wanted a new class and a returning one) would be a good character to fill the missing holes with the current roster (no shield user, no summoner), while also filling an old popular fantasy (Necromancer) and being a reference to D3.
    Unless it was an interview I have not seen yet they only mentioned 5 classes at launch. Nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by hambone2626 View Post
    Druid looks way to bulky not a fan of it at all
    Druid's are a Barbarian tribe so it 100% makes sense.

I think we are getting a Templar because we already had Paladin and Crusader, Templar is the only one they need to add now to have covered all the holy lore based classes.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Unless it was an interview I have not seen yet they only mentioned 5 classes at launch. Nothing more.
    Right? I'm no mathematician but I think Barb, Druid, Sorc, Amazon, and Reaper is 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Right? I'm no mathematician but I think Barb, Druid, Sorc, Amazon, and Reaper is 5.
    No I meant about something new. I haven't heard or read anything about classes other than there will be 5.

It's going to be Paladin or Necro for the shield class and all signs point to a hunter/ranger class going off the artwork at Blizzcon. The art gallery had a traditional hunter/ranger garb in display. Doubt they'd show that if it wasn't being planned for. Of course things can change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    d2 mercs were rental powers before rental powers were a thing.
    D2 mercs are hardly comparable to WoW systems such as Artifacts and Heart of azeroth