Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Reveal speculation

“Project Evergreen”

120 is squished to 60 instead of 50.
    1-10 is new experience, 10-60 is choice of expansion. New players start at current expansion (SL). 9.0, 10.0...etc is a paragon style progression system for max level players (gold instead of xp, must finish all quest chapters + new systems progression ...etc) and normal xp based leveling for new players and so on. That way new and old players get to play together and making questing at max level as a source of gold to spend elsewhere.

Just to be clear, this means new players would start at level 10 in SL. So they would have what a level ten would in terms of skills and abilities. This would also mean that scaling systems are consolidated into two instead of three. 1-10, 10-60 instead of 1-10, 10-50 and 50-60. Major advantage here is also bringing old and new players together.

Normal dungeons and LFR can be done solo or with optional helper AI to speed things up (hunter pet like dummy dps AI rented with gold temporarily). Playing with other players gives bonus loot and more gold at the end of the run. Solo mode is just an adjustment of player stats upon zoning in, but lots of drinking and eating between fights.

To allow new players to fully explore the game end to end and to make all content stay relevant forever, all dungeons, raids & zones from base game and every expansion have a scaling to level 60 1-5 player flex mode option for special quests for unlocking new features such as a forth jack of all trades class focused spec, higher resolution versions of legacy gear, epic prof & class quests...etc

New players don’t need to have a 1:1 version of the old stuff since they can’t relate to it as it was back then, so a tourist mode with the help of flex 1-5 mode and rented temporary AI like in torghast would be super nice to have in old dungeons and lfr raids and pre lfr normal mode raids. This would also help players properly and fully experience each expansion.

Highest ilvl is defined and capped for good like with level 60 cap. Instead of a level squish every expansion, an ilvl squish is done instead. Paragon levels are not endless but just a single-cycle progression system that gets reset along with ilvl.

All gear and profs from previous expansion end game should still be useful while leveling in SL, including legion artifacts and legendaries until all quest lines are cleared THEN the new SL gearing process begins with new raids, m / m+, torghast, pvp...etc. This also means Legion Mage Tower is once again playable, but you’re not allowed to equip certain gear beyond a certain ilvl to be able to zone in.

Previous expansion raids have an ilvl cap beyond which they won’t allow you to zone in so that they remain challenging.

The relevance of profs from a certain expansion should only be applied to all expansions other than the current one obviously. This way the latest content gets its exclusive package while the rest stays relevant elsewhere.

So for example if I wanna do ragnaros on a level 60, My ilvl would get scaled down and so would the power of any buff from profs. This way, it doesn’t make sense to use a new alchemy based buff from SL on older content as it would get scaled down.

Blizzard shouldn’t dictate what content to focus on, the players, new and old, burn through it insanely fast anyways. So let them play the whole game as if it was all current content while SL gets to be THE one where they can reach the highest ilvl gear.
    Last edited by Newjinsei; 2020-06-09 at 01:32 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don’t think any of that is going to happen. I think the only things that would have been revealed, or will when they reschedule, is a switch to beta from alpha, maybe a release date, and clarification on existing systems.

It is far too late in development to make broad changes to game systems.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    I don’t think any of that is going to happen. I think the only things that would have been revealed, or will when they reschedule, is a switch to beta from alpha, maybe a release date, and clarification on existing systems.

It is far too late in development to make broad changes to game systems.
    Mythic+ was revealed a whole after Legion was announced, not even Blizzcon I think. It's possible that something big could be revealed.

It's hardly going to be anything like a new class; they'd have led with that come Blizzcon.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't they cancel the reveal?
    Me not that kind of Orc!

I don't think anything big will be revealed tbh

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think they'll reveal some sort of cross-faction grouping for dungeons and raids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rend Blackhand View Post
    Didn't they cancel the reveal?
    They didn't cancel it, they postponed it I think.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was at least one big reveal during this event. Show like a screen capture of Arthas or something and let the fan base work themselves into a frenzy, that would buy them a few months of good will.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if there was at least one big reveal during this event. Show like a screen capture of Arthas or something and let the fan base work themselves into a frenzy, that would buy them a few months of good will.
    Yeah they gotta show us something we havent seen before. Just dont get why they would make this event otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by MeNotCaring View Post
    Correct, till the 9th.
    Looks to me like it was planned for the 9th originally.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ne...owlands-update

"We are postponing our upcoming World of Warcraft: Shadowlands live stream planned for June 9, and will share more details about the expansion in the future."
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    I don't think anything big will be revealed tbh
    They wouldn't have this event at all if there wasn't some kind of reveal involved. There's stuff they could show with the story and/or mechanics.

-Nathanos raid boss confirmation
    -Sylvanas raid boss confirmation
    -Arthas actually being significant in the second half, like Illidan (unlikely to be revealed, they want a TWEEST)
    -World Quests 2.0 (has been mentioned a few times already)
    -PVE faction crossplay

I think it's gonna be the release date and/or switch to beta + details on physical CE.

Release date
    Beta invites
    Pre expansion event reveal for ptr

The event will be on the ptr starting next month
    Then it hits in august as a much longer event than previous with a time gated story and scourge invasions for power leveling

Release date late October
    Raid release two weeks after with mythic race getting fucked by holidays because they can’t postpone the release because they don’t want ppl bored too quickly

If you preordered your getting beta

No inside source
    No magic 8 ball
    Just history repeating itself

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    They wouldn't have this event at all if there wasn't some kind of reveal involved. There's stuff they could show with the story and/or mechanics.

-Nathanos raid boss confirmation
    -Sylvanas raid boss confirmation
    -Arthas actually being significant in the second half, like Illidan (unlikely to be revealed, they want a TWEEST)
    -World Quests 2.0 (has been mentioned a few times already)
    -PVE faction crossplay
    It’s just a hype stream for reveals

Heck chances are it’s possibly delayed not because of the state of the world but because they need time and found it a nice excuse

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Heck chances are it’s possibly delayed not because of the state of the world but because they need time and found it a nice excuse
    Do you really believe the company is perverse enough to postpone an event due to internal concerns and blame it on the current crisis we’re going through? If you think the company is that grotesque, why even play the game?
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

I think they realized the 120 to 50 squish was a mistake and just doesn’t make sense to keep squishing people’s level more than once for players to be ok with it so now they should be tweaking it and it’s not complicated to make the changes in the OP.
    Last edited by Newjinsei; 2020-06-07 at 11:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually think they would be explaining Soulbinds and talking about the convenant abilities. Maybe even explaining the maw and whatnot
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

It's probably just a gameplay reveal of the maw.

I don’t wanna have my alts reset every expansion. I wanna play an evergreen wow.

Don't know why people keep calling it "reveal" even MMO-Champ is guilty of it. Blizzard never used the word reveal, they're not revealing anything, just talking about SL stuff that we probably all know about but people who don't keep up with alpha don't.

And probably a beta release date.

I suspect that the release date can be brought significantly forward due to the cancellation of Blizzcon.

The resources that go into Blizzcon itself - now focused entirely on Shadowlands.

My guess is that Prepatch in October and release around when Blizzcon would have been.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.