Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They're having fun making you miserable, they also enjoy reading threads such as this where all their victims congregate like they're seeking validation from other people.

"I can't be the only one so pissed off by them so let's create a thread where we all insult them together so it makes us feel better inside"

Meanwhile the ganker is lurking in this thread while rolling on the floor laughing because not only did he have fun, now you're increasing his ego.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Right. You must see my server group in my sig.
    I am not sure which dimensions you are interpretating in my post but I didn't want to offend you! Sorry
    You can't offend me. This is a forum.

We both know that's not a sorry to me. I also happen to know having that 10 year tag basically lets you say anything so no need to be petty.

I've made 2 people log out so far, both from Silvermoon. Which is okay, cuz ally on Silvermoon are the worst.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    See, now you come with your personal interpretation on how pvp should be.
    I have quoted Blizzard's policy on pvp and Blizzard clearly states that Blizzard will not in any way intervene in player versus player combat.

Blizzard clearly states that if you don't like to be ganked, corpse camped etc. then you should turn War Mode off or transfer to a PVE server.

I personally don't have an opinion on right or wrong, but I am mature and sane enough to accept that my opinion doesn't count one bit.
    It is only Blizzard's that counts.

All that chest thumping about how good you are at pvp or how high rank you have doesn't matter one bit.
    What matters is that Blizzard says that you can do whatever the hell you want in War Mode.
    And what matters even more is that Blizzard says that if you don't like it then you should turn it off.
    Maybe I should have been more detailed in my opening post.
    I don't think warnode is wrong. I don't think PvP is wrong. I just want to understand the motivation behind this. That's all. It's blizzards game, not mine
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    They're having fun making you miserable, they also enjoy reading threads such as this where all their victims congregate like they're seeking validation from other people.

"I can't be the only one so pissed off by them so let's create a thread where we all insult them together so it makes us feel better inside"

Meanwhile the ganker is lurking in this thread while rolling on the floor laughing because not only did he have fun, now you're increasing his ego.
    And what is even more amusing is that Blizzard is telling the selfsame complaining people how to avoid having a miserable experience in game:
    "If you do not wish to engage in open world PvP combat in World of Warcraft, disable War Mode."

I tried levelling on a pvp-server in Classic and after being ganked and camped a couple of times I did what Blizzard tells you to do if you don't enjoy that playstyle: I switched to a pve-server...
    And for the same reason I don't turn War Mode on in Retail. I mean that game mode doesn't bring me enjoyment so I don't play it.

I am not a defender or opponent to ganking etc., but I am great opponent of stupidity and it is stupidity to play a game mode you don't enjoy

I don't think warnode is wrong. I don't think PvP is wrong. I just want to understand the motivation behind this. That's all. It's blizzards game, not mine
    No point in backtracking now - you have already suggested they have mental illness. Their motivation is they enjoy it, its that simple.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    You can't offend me. This is a forum.

We both know that's not a sorry to me. I also happen to know having that 10 year tag basically lets you say anything so no need to be petty.

I've made 2 people log out so far, both from Silvermoon. Which is okay, cuz ally on Silvermoon are the worst.
    If you are NabyBro... Who is naby? And why are you putting "bro" in your nickname?
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

And what is even more amusing is that Blizzard is telling the selfsame complaining people how to avoid having a miserable experience in game:
    "If you do not wish to engage in open world PvP combat in World of Warcraft, disable War Mode."

I tried levelling on a pvp-server in Classic and after being ganked and camped a couple of times I did what Blizzard tells you to do if you don't enjoy that playstyle: I switched to a pve-server...
    And for the same reason I don't turn War Mode on in Retail. I mean that game mode doesn't bring me enjoyment so I don't play it.

I am not a defender or opponent to ganking etc., but I am great opponent of stupidity and it is stupidity to play a game mode you don't enjoy
    This is what these threads boil down to every single time:

- They enjoy doing it
    - It is perfectly within the rules
    - Blizzard have provided a way to completely avoid the scenario

And thats that. If this game ONLY had full time pvp realms and no warmode, and no pve alternative, this discussion would be very different. However, that is NOT the scenario we are dealing with here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    This is what these threads boil down to every single time:

- They enjoy doing it
    - It is perfectly within the rules
    - Blizzard have provided a way to completely avoid the scenario

And thats that. If this game ONLY had full time pvp realms and no warmode, and no pve alternative, this discussion would be very different. However, that is NOT the scenario we are dealing with here.
    I totally understand they enjoy it. I want to understand WHY they enjoy it. That's why I took the IRL comparison. If I do martial arts IRL, I don't fights kids. It's boring. Also I could hurt them

10+ Year Old Account

i dont think hes saying warmode or pvp is bad. hes asking what kind of person seeks out lowbies to gank in their off time.

if a lowbie is running about with WM mode on but NOT complaining out being ganked, They arent stupid.
    if a lowbie is running about with WM mode off but complaining about being ganked, they ARE stupid.

similarly
    if a maxed out character is walking about with WM mode on and zaps a lowbie thats fine honestly
    however if a maxed out character specifically plans to go to a lowbie zone and tries to makes people miserable. then yea theres definitely something wrong in that cranium.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd wager it is the same mentality as kids who thought it was fun to burn ants to death via magnifying glass when they were 8-12 years old, and they never grew out of it. Emotional immaturity combined with a lack of creativity, and voila, you have someone who derives enjoyment from 1-shotting low level chars. Whether they lack empathy or creativity (or both), they're not particularly pleasant to deal with.

My personal stance towards PvP requires there be a decent risk of me losing in order for me to have any fun (if I'm winning more than 60-65% of the time, I'll quit playing out of boredom). Bringing back my ant analogy, the ant would need to be the size of a small/medium dog and I would need to have a flamethrower for the situation to be exciting. This is also why I stick to this type of things in video games and not IRL, because it would be fucking terrifying IRL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Their motivation is irrelevant. They play withing the ruleset provided by Blizzard.

What is curious is why people, who obviously don't enjoy that ruleset, continue to play by that ruleset.
    Blizzard gives people like you the option to play by a different ruleset which you would enjoy, but you insist on inflicting pain on yourself.
    It boggles my mind...

If you are NabyBro... Who is naby? And why are you putting "bro" in your nickname?
    I see what you did there.

5 people logged out now. Or idk, maybe they came back with 120's but are on a different shard.
    I'll keep up for 15 more mins then I'll call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    i dont think hes saying warmode or pvp is bad. hes asking what kind of person seeks out lowbies to gank in their off time.

if a lowbie is running about with WM mode on but NOT complaining out being ganked, They arent stupid.
    if a lowbie is running about with WM mode off but complaining about being ganked, they ARE stupid.

similarly
    if a maxed out character is walking about with WM mode on and zaps a lowbie thats fine honestly
    however if a maxed out character specifically plans to go to a lowbie zone and tries to makes people miserable. then yea theres definitely something wrong in that cranium.
    I am saying that a lowbie who gets ganked and doesn't enjoy that game mode and keeps War Mode on has bigger mental issues than the high level that ganks him.
    Both act within the ruleset provided by Blizzard. One is enjoying it, the other not. Who of those two has the bigger mental issues?

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    If only it were just kids. There are adults who do it intentionally because they want to force a long OWPvP session. They keep camping and don't stop until they get what they want. This is what happens when there are no proper OWPvP system in place yet there are OWPvP flagging. The victims are always lowbies.
    but... there is?

go to nazjatar on any week it's CTA quest there and you'll find group v group pvp. mechagon is a bit more hit and miss but easy to get it going there too.
    go to any current zone and get assasin and group wpvp will find you.
    nazjatar supply boxes also good spot for wpvp if you are on a outnumbered shard.

honestly people that camp lowbies don't do it to get actual wpvp going, i think doing it for that reason kinda died off when sharding became much more heavily used. You have to be darn sure you're doing it in a zone that has only 1 shard for that to still work.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2020-06-07 at 10:23 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Their motivation is irrelevant. They play withing the ruleset provided by Blizzard.

What is curious is why people, who obviously don't enjoy that ruleset, continue to play by that ruleset.
    Blizzard gives people like you the option to play by a different ruleset which you would enjoy, but you insist on inflicting pain on yourself.
    It boggles my mind...
    I don't know why you have the impression that I feel that warmode is wrong or that I insist on using warmode in a way that inflicts pain on me. I just think that it feels a little bit like exploiting a rule. Sure it's within the rules. It was just introduced in this very expansion. I just think that they, blizzard, dreamt of the coolest things happening from the fact that you can join warmode.
    A positive example is BFA assaults combined with warmode. Now that's cool. Pve rewards combined with PvP.
    Now, darkshire or whatevershire is like the other end of that idea, isn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I am saying that a lowbie who gets ganked and doesn't enjoy that game mode and keeps War Mode on has bigger mental issues than the high level that ganks him.
    Both act within the ruleset provided by Blizzard. One is enjoying it, the other not. Who of those two has the bigger mental issues?
    @Pheraz isnt asking about that. the thread title and his post quite literally asks for the "personalities of people who gank lowbies".

you might not like it. but thats not how a forum works. if you dont want to indulge in the topic that the thread is actually about because you dont like it, you are more than welcome to step out. its an internet forum, absolutely nothing here has any significant pull. if you want to talk about items that are unrelated to the topic at hand then you are just derailing the thread.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

People enjoy pissing others off, especially online where there are no repercussions. That is the entire concept behind trolling, and just an extension of normal human evolution whereby we tear others down by any means necessary. It feels good to the lizard part of our brains.

If the responses in this thread are any indication, they are successfully accomplishing their goal.
    Last edited by Mozu; 2020-06-07 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Honestly this entire post you made is beyond petty. Attacking a low level place has been in WOW since it was created in 2004. How do you think SS VS TM came to be hmm? Cause were no battlegrounds at the moment so players attacked low level areas and behold it is now a battleground. It has nothing to do with lack of confidence or social circle at all. And to even try to apply that to real life is just pathetic. In actual real sense it is just boredom to kill time or to rile up the enemy faction and get them to chase em or try to kill them. Your logic is nothing but disgusting.
    You're comparing Apples with Oranges (or rather with Rocks) here. In Vanilla you did not have about 100 times as much life (and damage) as your victim, especially not at the point where battlegrounds were not unlocked. Then you had guards, which to some extend were a menace for the ganker. And since level differences did not matter as much back then, so two lower characters were able to defeat a higher one.

Also you are talking about something entirely different here and you even say it yourself: SS vs TM became a battleground, since there were no other means of PvP.
    1. Now there are many other means to do PvP
    2. Back then it was about the challenge and quickly other players joined to defend. THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN TODAY AND YOU CANNOT EXPECT IT TO HAPPEN.
    3. Back then you got honor for your kills. Now you get absoulutely nothing
    4. Flying was not a thing, so you could potentially avoid gankers
    5. That behaviour died with the introduction of BGs

If you honestly compare TM vs SS with oneshot killing lowbies today, you are delusional.

And if your solution to your boredom is to grief other players, then you have a problem and are probably addicted to WoW. You could play any other games, if you had other friends even multiplayers ones. You could meet them (okay, depends where you live atm, but in general you could). You could talk with your family. Do anything else than WoW. But you don't. You can't. So you grief other players. And yes, it is griefing, because you have no personal gain. If you want to fight other players, do current content, BGs or Arenas.
    The fact, that you honestly believe, that annoying other people due to your own boredom is okay should be alarming to you. Or you are a child, because that's what children do when they are bored.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2020-06-07 at 10:28 PM.

I totally understand they enjoy it. I want to understand WHY they enjoy it. That's why I took the IRL comparison. If I do martial arts IRL, I don't fights kids. It's boring. Also I could hurt them
    I dont think you do "totally understand it". I think you are desperately attempting to insult these players in every possible way you can.

- Why do some people enjoy campin in fps?
    - Why do some people enjoy flying in jets in BF and smashing everyone?
    - Why do some people enjoy playing spammy cheese characters in MK / Tekken?
    - Why do some people enjoy pushing people off ledges in For Honor?
    - Why do some people enjoy playing the gimmick cars in Forza that are totally OP?
    - Why do some people enjoy playing the strongest team in a sports game?

You could talk to 10 people camping a low level base in wow and ask why they are doing it, and get 10 different answers. It is entirely subjective.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I dont think you do "totally understand it". I think you are desperately attempting to insult these players in every possible way you can.

- Why do some people enjoy campin in fps?
    - Why do some people enjoy flying in jets in BF and smashing everyone?
    - Why do some people enjoy playing spammy cheese characters in MK / Tekken?
    - Why do some people enjoy pushing people off ledges in For Honor?
    - Why do some people enjoy playing the gimmick cars in Forza that are totally OP?
    - Why do some people enjoy playing the strongest team in a sports game?

You could talk to 10 people camping a low level base in wow and ask why they are doing it, and get 10 different answers. It is entirely subjective.
    I enjoy your replies for sure because they are not trying to fight a fight in an online forum.

Actually all your examples could be interpreted as being people that are a little bit weird don't you think? Ofc it's not that simple. That's why I am asking

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I'd wager it is the same mentality as kids who thought it was fun to burn ants to death via magnifying glass when they were 8-12 years old, and they never grew out of it. Emotional immaturity combined with a lack of creativity, and voila, you have someone who derives enjoyment from 1-shotting low level chars. Whether they lack empathy or creativity (or both), they're not particularly pleasant to deal with.

My personal stance towards PvP requires there be a decent risk of me losing in order for me to have any fun (if I'm winning more than 60-65% of the time, I'll quit playing out of boredom). Bringing back my ant analogy, the ant would need to be the size of a small/medium dog and I would need to have a flamethrower for the situation to be exciting. This is also why I stick to this type of things in video games and not IRL, because it would be fucking terrifying IRL.
    I think that's the best answer in this thread and I would make it my sig but then it's too long and I get infractions :/