Poll: Group etiquette for kicking. Why kick someone?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    when some one afk too long,i will do it. Many wow players go afk to play path of exile.They sold poe currency to other players for money in real life.
    Last edited by devilzxlin; 2020-07-04 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    If you want "efficiency" then run with friends. Don't kick people just because they didn't go fast enough. It's a dick move.
    That logic goes both ways. If they wanna go absurdly slow, they can play with their friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Seratox View Post
    That logic goes both ways. If they wanna go absurdly slow, they can play with their friends.
    If you're expecting PUGs to play by YOUR rules, then honestly? YOU deserve getting booted.

Yes, many, MANY times.

I can't remember doing it without a valid reason, though.

Either the person was beyond reasonably toxic, or AFK, or honestly - not good enough to allow for completion of the content without absolutely insane play from the other members of their role.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    If you're expecting PUGs to play by YOUR rules, then honestly? YOU deserve getting booted.
    By that logic, anyone who expects others to adhere to a standard should be kicked from groups whether its me for wanting to go faster or a tank for wanting to go slower.

I tend not to unless they are doing something that really deserves it.
    People kick others very easily these days and some even take advantage of the system to grief others.
    Unfortunely, it seems 3 votes is all it's needed, and many just click yes regardless of what it is just to get rid of the box in front of their screen.

I would like to see a better implementation. It's not a wow only problem either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Thats actually pretty bad. If it only takes yoy 120 seconds. It actually sounds like you need to see a doctor.

If you are actually on the toilet it should take you an average of 5 minutes (not urinating)

if you are going that fast. It is a sign of pretty bad issues.
    Seriously... No one uses 5 minutes, unless they have a serious bad stomach...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    We always vote to kick people with bad attitudes, so a tank that thinks he's that important that he can take his time with everything or a dps that think he's the shit because he's top dmg.
    These types of people are obnoxious, so us usually being 2-3 ppl just kick them straight out, works like 9 / 10 of the times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Have you ever voted to boot someone from the group in game or otherwise if so why?
    Yes. I didn't vote for there are many reasons. Disruptive players, trolling players, people who AFK without a warning and people who keep ninja-pulling.

What’s a bad reason to kick someone and have you ever voted not to kick?
    A bad reason to kick someone is that they are new at the game.

Yes, I have voted no before, mostly because the vote has been made by someone else as a troll attempt/raging.

Another bad reason to kick someone is if they do not like the dungeon, too common nowadays and in the end, ends up having to kick them anyways because they disrupt the game for four other people in their selfish tantrum.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2020-06-06 at 08:40 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    We always vote to kick people with bad attitudes, so a tank that thinks he's that important that he can take his time with everything or a dps that think he's the shit because he's top dmg.
    These types of people are obnoxious, so us usually being 2-3 ppl just kick them straight out, works like 9 / 10 of the times.
    So you kick people that are like you. Got it.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Yes.

Dps chain pulling before tank. AFK at start and not coming back before first boss. Not being in proper spec. (pisses me off when I'm healer and tank is in dps spec on purpose)

A bad reason to kick someone would be because they don't know the encounters or aren't going to fast. It's LFG, not Mythic.
    I got kicked recently for telling the tank to be in tank spec lel

But ya, AFK without saying something is a very common kick for me

A bit hard to remember since I haven't done auto matchmade content for a long time, but back when I was doing lfr on alts mostly vote kicking people who queue as healer / tank but are dps, refuse to swap roles and hold the whole group hostage because we can't do the boss without the extra tank or healer.

Also people who afk without saying anything after 1 boss and aren't at the next boss after the group cleared the whole trash, there used to be bosses that would reset if any person was outside the room, if that happened we would have to find who was out and boot him.

Reasons I would vote "no" on kicks even though they would still pass sometimes was stuff like voting to kick someone in low lvl dungeons for having worse gear than the rest of the group (especially if it was steamroll and that guy in greens couldn't do jack squat) or voting to kick the healer for not healing when dps were ninja pulling left and right and no way in hell healer could or should save them from that.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    AFK kicks absolutely. Or if you're the healer that blames the tank or tank that blames the healer type.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    So you kick people that are like you. Got it.
    Banned. Need I say more.
    We kick people that are obnoxious, we got all right to do so, you can't get banned for vote to kicking someone after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Do you make them fill out a survey before they join? Or are you being sarcastic?
    Sometimes, yes. But usually, one is kicked post-grouping. Which is what this thread asks.

No sarcasm. As I said above, any disruption is a threat to groups.

Failure to execute mechanics. We all have to learn, that's fine, but standing in crap and expecting me to heal you through it is a votekick. And if the vote fails I leave.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Wait? What? 15 min for a bio?
    I would expect you to be back in less than 2 minutes for that.

Small bio, 1 minute
    Big bio, 2 minutes

If you need more time, go see a doctor. Outside raid/instance hours.
    I take like 5+ min shits sometimes, I never rush it. Also sometimes I take a 3 min piss because I only piss like 2-3 times a day. Honestly though if I know I am going to be overly long I just leave the group because most people don't want to wait and it isn't classic lol.

for twitch speak

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Sometimes, yes. But usually, one is kicked post-grouping. Which is what this thread asks.

No sarcasm. As I said above, any disruption is a threat to groups.
    We are talking about groups, not raids. How would you know any of those things? Why the problem with young and old people (what do you even consider old)? You can't tell if someone is easily stressed out or has anxiety issues in a dungeon. I've played for 15 years, never had anyone weep or cry in a group? What do you do to these people? We don't even talk, and I'm definitely not asking if anyone's a bigot or right-winger or religious, and they obviously won't tell anyway.

All those things might be important in a guild, where you want people to fit in and maybe make some friends, but none of that is important in a group, unless it actually affects performance.

Typically it should be a 15Min courtesy wait.
    Holy moly, 15 mins? Isnt it like the entire dungeon run? Who has time for that?! He didnt have the courtesy to make time for us nor the courtesy to leave, because its an issue on his side, so why should all of us suffer and have the mercy with him?
    /kick Slacker The Kingslayer (reason: Too hot to handle).