Poll: Do you want Corruption in Shadowlands?

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    You were trying to refute someone who said "Blizzard listened to the vocal minority", therefore what I said is flowing off that context - the wider playerbase. The only one going off topic here is you with your inability to just accept a simple statement. Odd to see you still stuck on this point while previously claiming you weren't interested in these kind of arguments.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, secondary stats are much more fluid than they used to be. Some specs might have "stack x stat as much as you can" but there are still a variety of classes that will change the enchant based on content, sim results and specific gear synchronisations.
    Hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    Not really, we've had specs like Frost DK and Ret pally that have prioritised balancing stats rather than stacking one till x point then moving on to y.

In any case I'd certainly view it as more of a choice now than it used to be.
    Balancing stats is exactly the effect of diminishing returns.
    Like on my hunter, If I put ONE more crit gem, haste will be higher valued than crit. But if I replace that gem with haste one, crit will be higher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cede View Post
    Fixed it for you.

Examples of good RPG elements to return are:

1) Tier sets but expand the system to be dungeon/raid sets.
    2) Legendaries that are both fun and rotationally impactful.
    3) Fixed sockets and set bonuses.
    4) Meaningful enchants on more slots.
    These are all good additions. I'm glad loot is going back to being loot, instead of an RNGpalooza the likes of which would make any gacha developer green with envy. Passive effects are not inherently bad, mind: Ironfoe was a highly sought-after weapon for good reason, and it was one of several pieces of loot that kept BRD relevant deep into Vanilla's lifespan. Hell, Ravager from Scarlet Monastery: Armory was such a popular weapon (for memes or for serious, I'll let the reader decide) that its Bladestorm effect became one of Arms's highlight skills.

However, when everything is procs on procs on procs on procs, all of which is gated behind randomized loot, it becomes demoralizing for casual players (sure, getting one super awesome piece feels great, but when you never get a super awesome piece again it feels like the game just tossed you a pity item and that was that) as well as hardcores (as having to constantly push for gear drops, only to get a suboptimal version of the item you already have, feels like you just wasted hours of effort for no good reason). Nobody wins except the people who are susceptible to addiction-based gameplay, and Blizzard who directly profits off preying on that addiction-based gameplay. That's why they shifted to monthly active users as a metric to design around instead of designing around making a quality game and letting the game speak for itself.

Edit/addendum:

@OP I don't disagree that proc effects can make loot fun. Some of the more memorable items in the game came with proc effects or use effects. However, these items were memorable because they stood out from the crowd, not because they were insanely overpowered. Corrption gear is less memorable because everyone's got something, and the procs that are memorable tend to be so because they're overpowered. Should Shadowlands incorporate gear with interesting procs and fun use effects? Absolutely! But they should not be the rule, nor should the effects be so overwhelming that a class is considered gimped if they don't have access to that item in its best form from a randomized loot upgrade system.

Speaking as someone who was generally in favor of the RNG upgrades like War/Thunder/Titanforging, the system just has not worked out well in practice in the long run, except for randomly upgrading leveling quest rewards. That still feels good to get, and it doesn't hurt endgame progression or even casual endgame gearing because leveling gear is just that, and even a full set of questing epics will quickly be replaced by dungeon gear at level cap.
    Last edited by Thage; 2020-06-08 at 01:49 PM.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by FatGandalf View Post
    Mr. Dungo, what you've just written is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent OP were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
    Very rude and unnecessary. Maybe instead of trying to insult me and make me feel shamed, you should raise a single counter argument to my idea.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Balancing stats is exactly the effect of diminishing returns.
    Like on my hunter, If I put ONE more crit gem, haste will be higher valued than crit. But if I replace that gem with haste one, crit will be higher.
    To a degree, but I guess I'm in the old mindset of DR being linked to a static value that when crossed generally won't increase back in value (like haste soft cap for DoTs).

Like I say, stat values are fluid though which again leads back to my point of it being less of secondary stat being BiS but rather dependant on what you have and what build you're going for.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    yes better just look at ilvl and forget everything else. can't wait.
    The ilvl gap is too big to be acceptable and don't forget about the community's mindset with ilvl over skill.

Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    This is my inventory right now, almost all of the gear is used some way or another, and I love it. This is what happens when you have to juggle Balance m+/pvp/raid, guardian m+/raid, resto m+/raid/pvp gear, and sometimes more than 1 set for each activity.
    That would've made me cry, I detest that stuff. I like to keep my bag clean and spacious.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Nobody wins except the people who are susceptible to addiction-based gameplay, and Blizzard who directly profits off preying on that addiction-based gameplay. That's why they shifted to monthly active users as a metric to design around instead of designing around making a quality game and letting the game speak for itself.
    Yeah nobody won, that is accurate, with static loot everyone will lose.

loot in classic wow is like 10x more fun than in bfa.. wonder why

Quote Originally Posted by Celvira View Post
    Oh boy, I sure do love getting gear with random passives that outdamage my actual skills!
    Yes, this so much this! Just let loot be loot and have tier sets again and all will be right with the world. I want to know where the best loot drops then do that content obtain said loot then take a break from the game until the next patch/ xpac.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    In theory corruptions and Titan/warforged were great ideas, but then again so was communism.
    Corruptions are so totally out of balance it’s borderline retarded, we have 30 tank raid groups going around, mages with 200k+ ignite ticks and Arena have people with 10k+ vers or had a full set of gushing wounds

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    There are many like me, most of my guildies agree with me.
    Can you explain why you don't like Corruption.. ?
    Because...it SUCKS..

And if you like it.

You are wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DTJames View Post
    The ilvl gap is too big to be acceptable and don't forget about the community's mindset with ilvl over skill.

That would've made me cry, I detest that stuff. I like to keep my bag clean and spacious.
    All i see in that screen shot is useless gear that can be disenchanted.

5+ Year Old Account
    WITH a vendor, hell yes.

Based on RNG? HELL NO!

Nice bait thread. Try not to be so incredibly obvious next time.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Corruption is in BfA to keep players playing and farming for it. Since WF/TF is gone, Blizzard had to replace it with something else players could farm endless. The solution was corruption.

Will we get it in SL? No.

Will there be something like it? where players gotta do alot of boring shit to get it and stay relevant? Yes.

Yes, because doing content you are insanely overgeared for and getting a random item with a random roll that increase your dps by 7000 is such a good gameplay. Especialy when you get it and someone else do not, even tho he play considerably more than you. Corruptions is the thing in wow that made most of my friends outright quit and me following suit. Its a cancer that can NEVER come back to wow.

Not ever has a end of expansion been as broken as it is now. Tanks only doing current mythic bosses. All mage raids etc. Its utterly broken beyond repair

The Corruption system we have now, where everyone has access to pretty much everything, including like 100 resistance to mix and match to their heart's content... is neat. The problem were the 6 months it took us to get there.

Also, having to carry around 80 pieces of gear if you're playing a class with more than 1 spec or 1 setup even... is not particularly fun. The associated WQ for currency grind is also not particularly engaging.

I'm not even against another Corruption-like system as long as they'd give us the vendor upfront, give us a fixed Corruption Resistance cap whatever upfront and, of course, have it not be as horrendously unbalanced as it is right now, let alone as it was in the beginning. More deterministic, properly balanced, less mundane content grind, yes, I'd want a Corruption system under those circumstances.

I'd rather see Titanforging.

Quote Originally Posted by Cede View Post
    Fixed it for you.

Examples of good RPG elements to return are:

1) Tier sets but expand the system to be dungeon/raid sets.
    2) Legendaries that are both fun and rotationally impactful.
    3) Fixed sockets and set bonuses.
    4) Meaningful enchants on more slots.
    This! Oh please let this happen. It seems so simple and obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let loot be loot
    No more azerite traits, no more stupid corruptions, no more RNG on every pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Let loot be loot
    No more azerite traits, no more stupid corruptions, no more RNG on every pieces.
    No more stupid tier bonuses, no more stupid legendaries - oh wait, we gonna get craftable orange gear instead.